JRod 106: Praying for Plexit

Tired
Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 3

grandmadugger

Damn I was hoping a NSFW image would have been the thumbnail. 

PianoGal

Tim's whole post was painful to read. Almost every sentence began with "Well," "So," "Yup," or "Then." And it is a long post.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
BlackberryGirl

I am baffled. Can Timmy fly solo already? 

Meh
Dandruff
49 minutes ago, PianoGal said:

Tim's whole post was painful to read. Almost every sentence began with "Well," "So," "Yup," or "Then." And it is a long post.

His writing assignments at Moody must have been a sight to behold.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 10

DarkAnts

I am starting to wonder if his grades were part of the reason he left Moody.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 26
  • Love 1

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BlackberryGirl said:

I am baffled. Can Timmy fly solo already? 

Yes.  I find that unsettling. I think he can now even take passengers.  It seems as though he got a private pilot license faster than my kids got through driver's ed with their required classroom and behind-the-wheel hours.

Edited by Okie_Bokie
typo
  • Upvote 17
  • WTF 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Lillymuffin
Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Okie_Bokie said:

Yes.  I find that unsettling. I think he can now even take passengers.  It seems as though he got a private pilot license faster than my kids got through driver's ed with their required classroom and behind-the-wheel hours.

Is that, um, normal?

Edited by Lillymuffin

Unimpressed
clarinetpower

I wonder if he is legal to fly. 

DarkAnts
56 minutes ago, clarinetpower said:

I wonder if he is legal to fly. 

Student piglets (auto correct  error but I am leaving it) can fly solo once they have the right endorsement in their log book. 

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/become/student_cert/

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 29
  • Thank You 2

PopRox
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

Is that, um, normal?

Nothing about the Rods is normal.

(Fundiedom: Not even once!)

Edited by PopRox
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 9

grandmadugger

How did Timmy do this faster than the Duggar boys? The Duggar boys appear to be better educated or at least smarter than Timmy. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

JPatti
Posted (edited)

My ex husband is a pilot, and I can confirm that becoming a "private pilot" is relatively easy, short training akin to getting a driver's license. It's just a requisite number of hours, demonstrating you can do basic manoeuvres, basic navigation and trip planning (I think doing a short cross country solo trip is required, to demonstrate this), take off and land, take a written test, and have a "flight physical." Rich teens (like my ex was when he got his) and anyone motivated enough can get this credential...its not that hard.

Becoming a commercial pilot, where you are legally allowed to charge for your services, is substantially more involved. Timmy can't charge passengers to fly with him or charge for his services until he gets a commercial license.

Edited by JPatti
Fix autocorrect and clarify text
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 33
  • Love 1

Bad Wolf

He can't charge, but I think he could accept donations for fuel.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Tired
Coconut Flan
11 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

I am starting to wonder if his grades were part of the reason he left Moody.

My thought from even before the first semester began was one semester and out because he was so woefully unprepared.  I doubt Moody would have been happy with a student who required at least three tries to pass the private pilot basic test.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 10

JPatti
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

He can't charge, but I think he could accept donations for fuel.

@Bad Wolf you are so right, lol. And I suspect loopholes like that are going to be abused to the teeth in this situation. Hopefully the FAA keeps tabs on this stuff.

I forgot to add above that Tim is likely only a VFR rated pilot right now--visual flight rules only. He would be prohibited from flying in clouds unless he gets further credentials and training.

Edited by JPatti
I always over-comma!
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

wallysmommy

Serious question here since this is nothing I've dealt with -- if you have to have car insurance, wouldn't you have to carry insurance to fly a plane?  I could only find recommendations, not legal requirements.  

JenniferJuniper
15 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Serious question here since this is nothing I've dealt with -- if you have to have car insurance, wouldn't you have to carry insurance to fly a plane?  I could only find recommendations, not legal requirements.  

Guessing requirements are jurisdictional but here's an article from FreeAdvice Legal that speaks in general about the topic.  Timothy doesn't own a plane; insurance would be the responsibility of the owner. 

https://law.freeadvice.com/aviation_law/aviation_law/aviation-insurance.htm

Meh
Dandruff

Hope Timothy the Pilot isn't a Plexus user.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

HarryPotterFan
1 hour ago, JPatti said:

@Bad Wolf you are so right, lol. And I suspect loopholes like that are going to be abused to the teeth in this situation. Hopefully the FAA keeps tabs on this stuff.

I forgot to add above that Tim is likely only a VFR rated pilot right now--visual flight rules only. He would be prohibited from flying in clouds unless he gets further credentials and training.

He should do more training, just to be a safer, better pilot since he wants to make this a career. But I doubt that will happen because he’s a Rod.

I also want to add that private pilots also have to prove their skills every few years to keep their license. They have to show they can take off and land, do certain maneuvers. I forget how often. My dad had a private pilot’s license before I was born. So that’s something Tim needs to keep in mind. I can see Jill telling him that’s unnecessary.

Mischievous
Carol

OMG...please watch 15-20 seconds of this, any time after 2:21 seconds.  Timothy filmed his flight and it's hilarious!  Looks like a puppet theater of someone flying a plane.  The plane bounces up and down and someone scrolls the scenery.  

I got Jesus's approval to post this.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

sparkles

So Timmykins can now head off into the wild blue yonder. I hope that anyone who wants to fly with him—at least until he has some serious experience—remembers this name: John F. Kennedy, Jr. No one wants to see Not Dead Tim become Dead Tim. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 16

Kelsey

Pay him? Nobody could pay me enough to get in a plane piloted, owned, or maintained by a Rod. Nope. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 16
  • Love 5