• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 106: Praying for Plexit

HideousGreenShirt

Lord ham mercury! What a bizarrely aggressive rendition of that song. I like how they've glance down at the lyrics then snap their heads back up to smile-sing at the camera. I'm sure to them this is the pinnacle of Godly worship but it just comes across as sinister and hilarious caterwauling.

Preyers!

Ms. Squishels

Rufus ham mercury!!  They need some preyers after that video.  Jill is wound up tight.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

Waffle Time
BlackberryGirl

BlackberryBoy says someday he’s going to break it to the Rods that the apostle Paul was a tentmaker...go thou and do likewise. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

Waffle Time
Beermeet
Posted (edited)

I think Lord ham mercury is the written version of this. It's the first thing that popped into my head!  Lordhamercy!  They just failed to spell it right. 😂😂😂🤣

Edited by Beermeet

Ralar
1 hour ago, Okie_Bokie said:

Spectacularly awful! 

I'm fascinated by how big Kaylee can open her mouth.  Is that a good thing when singing?  I have no idea, but wow - that's a BIG open mouth!

Too bad her future headship will never know the pleasure of her big open mouth!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 4

Alisamer

So watching that I think a couple of them might actually have nice voices, but only IF they'd get proper voice lessons! I've seen a guy who was barely mediocre at singing in high school go on to sing professionally (he's amazing) so I feel like with some help they have potential. 

But this is the rods. One less chicken leg and no jobs means no lessons unless they can grift them. And even then, mama would have to have her way, which is 100% over-the-top all the time. 

Poor kids. 

Princess Lee

That song rendition is pretty bad. I’ve never heard it done, or should I say, shouted, this way.  When you read the hymn ...All that thrills my soul (is Jesus) and ponder the words it seems the author meant it to be done in a more humble, prayerful voice. But that’s my opinion.

Sad
Whooping_Butt
6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

the "ViolaSebastian How Likely Will I Cry Taking This Course" Scale 

Genius! In my college career statistics was an 18 out of 10 on said scale. I’m still not sure how I eked out a passing grade in that class. 

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie

A few of the comments on the singing video, before they're deleted:

I thought it was just me who didn’t like it but then my dog yelped and ran upstairs.

Great, now my ears are bleeding! Thx, Jill.

Ouch

😳

Oh dear lord. I think even the angels covered their ears.

I think God would prefer if you and your family stopped the howlin' and preachin' and got real jobs instead. You would better serve him by tithing than "singing" in his name.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Caroline
11 minutes ago, catlady said:

Well, Lord Ham Mercy.  I haven’t listened to the song yet because this.....

it was 12 days and 2 threads ago that @Mirla declared that her dress-pockets and leggings were an abomination of unisex fashion.  To which @apandaaries replied that if she were going to be an abomination, she may as well be comfortable.  And then @Plexus31Wife requested the quote on a T-shirt.   Well, I don’t do T-shirts, so instead we have this:  

12528C4C-C0EC-45BD-862C-7794A204F2E3.jpeg

My 22 year old daughter loves my FJ obsession.  I just showed her this.  She says you are a comic (and needlepoint) genius.   She is a comfortable abomination in leggings all the time.

pook
1 hour ago, Carol said:

Christ in a convertible!!

Ima put that song on loudspeaker on Halloween, scare the shit out of everyone.

You had me at Christ in a convertible!  Dead!

PopRox
1 minute ago, pook said:

You had me at Christ in a convertible!  Dead!

At first I read the original post as "Christ on a cowbell." This forum is getting to my brain...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

pook

I need to take an FJ cruise with you, my people.  There could be so many night entertainment Fundie themed dress up parties and also a cream of crap buffet.

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1
  • Love 9

mane's mommy
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

I think Lord ham mercury is the written version of this

When I looked further into the profiles of the commenter and the person she tagged the more I think they were NOT an actual fan. 

ETA: yeah, she’s talking about canned green beans.... 

Edited by mane's mommy

apandaaries
Posted (edited)

@catlady from an abomination to a work of art! Good show, my friend, and hats off to your skills!

Edited by apandaaries

Mischievous
Carol
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, PopRox said:

At first I read the original post as "Christ on a cowbell." This forum is getting to my brain...

I read this several pages back regarding Timothy,

"Any indication where he's living and what he's doing for $$s?"

as

"Any indication where's he's living and what he's doing for A$$?".

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 29

apandaaries
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, pook said:

I need to take an FJ cruise with you, my people.  There could be so many night entertainment Fundie themed dress up parties and also a cream of crap buffet.

Could you imagine the pain of the person in charge of stocking the whatever-folks-forgot room? There’s no reasonable way to explain needing twenty pounds of green eyeliner for cosplay involving JRod..

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 20
  • Love 3

grandmadugger
2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

That looks hard to me too, but the only prerequisite was that math class which seemed to be mostly middle school level concepts. If Tim passed the Moody math class, he should be ready for this.

I’m not sold on the fact that Tim can do middle school math.  I doubt they take homeschooling GPA so he would need to take a test before taking the math class. He needs at least an 18 on the math portion of the ACT. Here’s a sample test https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation/math-practice-test-questions.html?page=0&chapter=0

He couldn’t spell tornado or watch on a phone that has predictive text. 

Waffle Time
catlady
26 minutes ago, mane's mommy said:

When I looked further into the profiles of the commenter and the person she tagged the more I think they were NOT an actual fan. 

ETA: yeah, she’s talking about canned green beans.... 

As much as the phrase is funny, it has lost its luster now that I know that person is trolling Jill.  I really don’t like the idea of poking the fundies, and i’m glad FJ has a policy against it.

MathQueen
Things that I fear Timbits cannot spell:

propeller

clouds

fuselage

aileron

Incident (as in : “Mom, it’s not a ‘crash’ , it’s an ‘incident’. “

Physics derailed my med school plans. I love chemistry and did awesome in o chem, but physics did me in.

Funny thing is, 10 years later, I'm working for a doctor whos bachelor degree was in physics. He says it didn't help him at all in med school. 😠

wallysmommy

@catlady As an advanced cross stitcher, I am in awe of your skills and your stitching speed.  I think a future arts and crafts project should be Rod paper dolls, complete with matching outfits that you can layer to your heart's content.  Or, alternatively,  you can make them sluttish and have them interact with Beansie.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15
  • Love 8

littlemommy
2 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

@catlady As an advanced cross stitcher, I am in awe of your skills and your stitching speed.  I think a future arts and crafts project should be Rod paper dolls, complete with matching outfits that you can layer to your heart's content.  Or, alternatively,  you can make them sluttish and have them interact with Beansie.

You are now my new best FJ friend. In fact, any and all cross stitchers are all tied for first as my best friends. ❤️

Meh
refugee
5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

! I don't think the Rods, Jill at least, even realize how different things would have been for him - most parents would have made at least a little effort to support his interests. They'd check out age-appropriate books on planes and flying for him, they'd let him watch documentaries, maybe go watch planes land, even put the word out that he's interested so that a friend of a friend might have offered to take him up a few times long before now. 

Three words: Civil Air Patrol

We knew several homeschool families whose kids learned about flying that way. (I think I got the name of the program right.)

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2