• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 106: Praying for Plexit

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
38 minutes ago, Carol said:

Looks like a puppet theater of someone flying a plane.

Yeah, that does not inspire confidence.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

wallysmommy

I would be so motion sick flying with that bouncing.  

pook

Okay folks, I am back from vacation and here to report that I just noticed Jill has 3.2 k followers on Facebook.  That's over three thousand  wackadoodles fangirling Our Lady of Plexus (OLP).

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

FloraKitty35
1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

I would be so motion sick flying with that bouncing.  

I couldn't watch it all the way because I was getting nauseous. 

Happy
PennySycamore

Did anyone else notice that the prop stopped spinning several times?    I don't want to be on any plane where the engine stops.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 9

Don'tlikekoolaid

The prop stopping is an optical illusion.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 10

Happy
PennySycamore
17 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

That's good to know.

JenniferJuniper
3 hours ago, sparkles said:

So Timmykins can now head off into the wild blue yonder. I hope that anyone who wants to fly with him—at least until he has some serious experience—remembers this name: John F. Kennedy, Jr. No one wants to see Not Dead Tim become Dead Tim. 

I was just thinking that, what with the 20 year anniversary and all.  I was on a pier in southern Maine that night as dusk was turning to dark and remember watching this bizarre fog rolling in from ocean towards the shore.  Like something out of a horror movie.

It's was a perfect storm that night for Jr. and those poor young women.  Inexperience, a plane too powerful for his skills, and terrible flying conditions.  A tad more humility on his part and they might all be alive today.   They say he didn't fly until after his mother died.  She knew of too many small plane crashes and knew her son's risk taking tendencies. At least he listened while she was alive.

I wouldn't let my son play football after middle school.  Sorry, kid, I'm reasonably permissive but not when it comes to the potential for traumatic brain injuries.  And if he told me that after HS he wanted to fly small planes into jungles or deserts to drop off Bibles to non-sluttish brown people I'd probably try to have him committed.   

I don't know what the stats are but I myself will never fly in what my brother calls "Buddy Holly planes".   But I'm sure Jill ain't worried at all.  Jesus has his Tim's back.  Until he doesn't. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 8

MathQueen

MathBoy 1.0 has a private pilot’s license, which he earned as a teenager. I remember being stunned (and terrified) at how early in the process he began soloing. When he was a student pilot, I would take him to our airport on most Saturday mornings, then head for the market to do the shopping. It was the only place in our tiny town big enough and noisy enough that I wouldn’t hear our local fire alarm sound (remember the old air raid sirens? That’s how emergency response is called out here). I knew I’d have a complete breakdown if it went off while he was supposed to be flying solo. It was the bravest thing I’ve ever done to sign permission for him to learn to be a private pilot and to help him make it happen (and to not let him know how terrified I was!)

It seems to me that after a certain point with the instructor, it was time for practice. Then more instruction, more practice. During this time period, he was also studying for the exam. So the written exam comes after mastering the necessary skills with the instructor and is followed by a check-out flight with an FAA instructor.

As to the video, I would think that Tim is flying with an instructor. Without a license he can’t take passengers. And did I miss something? Did he take the written exam several times in order to pass? MB 1.0 passed on his first go-round. Perhaps it’s harder to pass on Tim’s very short timeline.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 14

HarryPotterFan
4 hours ago, sparkles said:

So Timmykins can now head off into the wild blue yonder. I hope that anyone who wants to fly with him—at least until he has some serious experience—remembers this name: John F. Kennedy, Jr. No one wants to see Not Dead Tim become Dead Tim. 

This!! I really hope Tim’s instructors make sure he knows that you have to follow a certain checklist when you fly, and you always have to be very aware of the weather. Flying is not like driving a car. You can’t pull over if you have engine troubles or if the rain is too heavy to see

3 hours ago, pook said:

Okay folks, I am back from vacation and here to report that I just noticed Jill has 3.2 k followers on Facebook.  That's over three thousand  wackadoodles fangirling Our Lady of Plexus (OLP).

Not all of them are fangirl wackadoodles, some are FJ wackadoodles (whom I very lovingly call a wackadoodle) 

MathQueen
She knew of too many small plane crashes and knew her son's risk taking tendencies.

This is a huge part of a parent’s decision-making. MB1.0 is his mother’s son, and he is overly cautious to a fault. He was highly motivated and hard-working. He was smart and careful about everything, including learning to drive. But to be certain, we gave MB1.0 a flight lesson with a friend who is a flight instructor to get his feedback before ever considering offering him this opportunity. Getting his license as a teen has turned out to be a good decision for him.

Loving, caring parents usually have a pretty good bead on what will and won’t work for their child. So I trust that parents generally make good decisions for their child, even when those decisions are hard or painful. I was fortunate that this one was a “yes” and not a “no”.

Waffle Time
Beermeet
2 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I think it could also be part of training.  I believe the instructor cuts the engine and you, the pilot, need to know what to do. 

That's the kind of plane my boss used. When we went for a ride, I kept feeling like a bumble bee.

HarryPotterFan

I saw the Aladdin musical last night. It was amazing. There were also a lot of cute little kids dressed like Jasmine. But our Jillykins would be HORRIFIED and demand a family friendly version of the show. There was DANCING. Women in pants, showing their shoulders, and bearing their stomachs. Sexy shirtless men. Sexy shirtless men with the perfect amount of muscle, not too much, just right. Sexy shirtless sweaty dancing men. 

I’m glad we brought binoculars. 🤤

Aladdin is fucking hot

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 27
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 13

wallysmommy

I still can't believe Jillybean was willing to go to Disney which is openly welcoming to people of all orientations.  Surely she would have been in line with those she deemed as ebil sinners. But, it's okay because she didn't pay for the tickets and she was just accepting a gift from a friend whom she loves DEARLY, and was able to let her PRECIOUS blessings ride on It's a Small World.  I'm sure she and David each got their own Mickey Mouse ice cream and the kids all shared one.

Unimpressed
clarinetpower
57 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I saw the Aladdin musical last night. It was amazing. There were also a lot of cute little kids dressed like Jasmine. But our Jillykins would be HORRIFIED and demand a family friendly version of the show. There was DANCING. Women in pants, showing their shoulders, and bearing their stomachs. Sexy shirtless men. Sexy shirtless men with the perfect amount of muscle, not too much, just right. Sexy shirtless sweaty dancing men. 

I’m glad we brought binoculars. 🤤

Aladdin is fucking hot

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

• Haha 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

HarryPotterFan
29 minutes ago, clarinetpower said:

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

Aladdin is delicious 

Spoiler

9735DF21-824B-4028-B990-B468EB62054F.thumb.jpeg.0ea83f0f6036c070c23a9d16a9a81ac4.jpegF69495B1-07FA-444F-8C4E-510989915063.thumb.jpeg.55ca9e5c9782ef917a5c33308b5495b6.jpeg

And so is his friend Kassim

Spoiler

DE7A8EF0-CC4A-4060-BC20-E5E64FF64F17.thumb.jpeg.4d7f384e122daad478d30bbd0242834d.jpeg

Also the male dancers tended to be shirtless 

Spoiler

2F51AEC6-799B-40DA-82AE-0EB03BE11288.jpeg.52856b432eff5b35358fc637c7a20a64.jpeg

Oh, another reason Jill would plotz, Aladdin is from the Middle East!

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 16

onekidanddone
33 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Aladdin is delicious 

Reveal hidden contents

9735DF21-824B-4028-B990-B468EB62054F.thumb.jpeg.0ea83f0f6036c070c23a9d16a9a81ac4.jpegF69495B1-07FA-444F-8C4E-510989915063.thumb.jpeg.55ca9e5c9782ef917a5c33308b5495b6.jpeg

And so is his friend Kassim

Reveal hidden contents

DE7A8EF0-CC4A-4060-BC20-E5E64FF64F17.thumb.jpeg.4d7f384e122daad478d30bbd0242834d.jpeg

Also the male dancers tended to be shirtless 

Reveal hidden contents

2F51AEC6-799B-40DA-82AE-0EB03BE11288.jpeg.52856b432eff5b35358fc637c7a20a64.jpeg

Oh, another reason Jill would plotz, Aladdin is from the Middle East!

I’m so defrauded!  I must go lock myself into the prayer closet.  😔 I may never come out again. 

• Haha 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Silly_Rabbit
7 hours ago, Carol said:

Timothy filmed his flight and it's hilarious!  Looks like a puppet theater of someone flying a plane. 

Can someone add vaudeville music to the video? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18
  • Love 2

thoughtful
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Silly_Rabbit said:

Can someone add vaudeville music to the video? 

Or Yakety Sax, a la Benny Hill:

ETA - there are some funny comments under that video. This was my favorite:

Spoiler

19dec1981 1 year ago

FRIEND: I named my son Barry, bc we were listening to Barry White when he was conceived.

ME: that’s cool as hell!

[15 years later] ME: son can you hand me the newspaper?

YAKITY-SAX: f*** you dad

Edited by thoughtful

Depressed
feministxtian

remind me to not see that play...wet spots in the seats are not cool

Alice in Fundieland
1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

Or Yakety Sax, a la Benny Hill:

ETA - there are some funny comments under that video. This was my favorite:

Reveal hidden contents

19dec1981 1 year ago

FRIEND: I named my son Barry, bc we were listening to Barry White when he was conceived.

ME: that’s cool as hell!

[15 years later] ME: son can you hand me the newspaper?

YAKITY-SAX: f*** you dad

Forgive me if I’ve shared this on FJ before. When I was about 4 or 5 my grandmother was babysitting and tried to send me to bed. I told her I never went to bed until after Benny Hill. She thought that was hysterical and told the story to all her friends. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

Meh
Dandruff

Has Tim started his classes yet?  Any indication where he's living and what he's doing for $$s?

justmic
8 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I still can't believe Jillybean was willing to go to Disney which is openly welcoming to people of all orientations.

I was researching Disney World weddings yesterday, and I was so pleased to see that. The pictures in the brochures showed all kinds of couples getting married. 

Jill is willing to go to Disney because someone gave her free tickets and she is a giant hypocrite.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 3

FloraKitty35
6 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Forgive me if I’ve shared this on FJ before. When I was about 4 or 5 my grandmother was babysitting and tried to send me to bed. I told her I never went to bed until after Benny Hill. She thought that was hysterical and told the story to all her friends. 

I loved Benny Hill when I was a kid, especially the little old man.  

Glasgowghirl
12 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I was just thinking that, what with the 20 year anniversary and all.  I was on a pier in southern Maine that night as dusk was turning to dark and remember watching this bizarre fog rolling in from ocean towards the shore.  Like something out of a horror movie.

It's was a perfect storm that night for Jr. and those poor young women.  Inexperience, a plane too powerful for his skills, and terrible flying conditions.  A tad more humility on his part and they might all be alive today.   They say he didn't fly until after his mother died.  She knew of too many small plane crashes and knew her son's risk taking tendencies. At least he listened while she was alive.

I wouldn't let my son play football after middle school.  Sorry, kid, I'm reasonably permissive but not when it comes to the potential for traumatic brain injuries.  And if he told me that after HS he wanted to fly small planes into jungles or deserts to drop off Bibles to non-sluttish brown people I'd probably try to have him committed.   

I don't know what the stats are but I myself will never fly in what my brother calls "Buddy Holly planes".   But I'm sure Jill ain't worried at all.  Jesus has his Tim's back.  Until he doesn't. 

I hope Tim too get's better training, last thing I want is him to put himself or others at risk of dying or being seriously injured. I remember when JFK Jr died and a lot of people suggesting that the family was jinxed, the men in the family seemed to be. He should have been more cautious and his mother was definitely right about being worried for him getting his pilots license. A similar incident happened here where for Motor Racing champion Colin McRae killed himself his five year old son, his son's friend and a family friend by flying when he was not experienced enough in bad conditions. He hadn't even asked his son's friend's parents for permission to go on the flight. 

I can understand why a parent wouldn't want their young child to play a contact sport. While the risks are not as great as they used to be head injuries are concern. Here in the UK some studies are being carried out to establish if their was a connection to professional footballer's heading the ball before softer leather balls were introduced and dementia. Billy McNeill, the man in my profile picture, and Stevie Chalmers were both part of the Celtic's 1967 European cup team and they both died within a week of eachother in April with the same form of dementia, that is rare in non professional sport stars. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3