• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 106: Praying for Plexit

thoughtful
7 minutes ago, LookieLoo said:

I suspect the reason for the post is to try to quiet all the “your children are starving!” comments I see constantly. Plus, people on that closed group have been talking about calling CPS as of very recently. Jill must be aware of this.  

That makes sense.

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
6 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

My thoughts on her timing is that she always gets really jacked up when they do these tent revivals in the summer.

Wanna bet that this will all be the basis of Deadbeat David's preaching at the next revival? 

Ms. Squishels
2 minutes ago, Okie_Bokie said:

Wanna bet that this will all be the basis of Deadbeat David's preaching at the next revival? 

Oh, yeah, great fodder for his sermons.  Plus it might get sympathetic people to put more in the offering plate!

Alisamer

Ugh, I hope this wasn't just today. Partly because that means Timmy is home for some reason, and partly because it'll have the exact opposite effect the person who made the call thought it would, most likely. CPS can't really do anything if the house is clean enough and the kids are clean and not starving or physically abused. Unfortunately lots of kids go hungry, the Rods are probably not even the worst off the CPS workers have seen and left in their homes. The RV is a concern, but I could see them ignoring it thinking it's just used for vacations. 

In any case Jill is not going to think "Wow that was annoying but I'm touched people care so much about my kids." - She's probably going to double down and blame satan and "ungodly" people and go on about how much more righteous she and her family are and how the caller must have been severely jealous of their happy large family.

34 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

Did anyone else read this and try it? Please tell me I wasn't the only one lol! :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

I'm pretty sure you can see Eddie Vedder doing that in one of Pearl Jam's videos. 

thoughtful

Has anyone posted these yet? She's pretty good, but she needs to pick at her face more, and do the videos at 2:00 AM so it's dark.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Clearly, that "not Nurie" is one of the dark ones.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Has anyone posted these yet?

I just watched them yesterday.  Gold!  I'd just have her be a little more breathy.  The dogs were genius.

freealljs

I passed two years worth of physics. But barely, despite having a math degree. 

Now, I am a little older and want to tackle physics as a major. 

But in the CPS visit(s), here’s my hypothesis, that she knows people are worried about the Rodlets, always saying “feed your kids”, have mentioned calling CPS/the police, and maybe she’s doing this as an attempt to dissuade certain individuals from actually calling. Like saying, “see my post? CPS has been called before and they think we are wonderful. They won’t do anything.” 

Caroline

Just for fun I checked out the Timothy/Patricia Noyes FB via Jill's public FB.  They (he) doesn't post much, but back in May he was challenged by a woman about his Trump love.  He responded with a million Bible verses that I skipped over.  They are worse than mansplaining.  At least he didn't delete the woman's comments (which were very logical).

pook
1 hour ago, mollysmom said:

Did anyone else read this and try it? Please tell me I wasn't the only one lol! :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

Sis Molly!  Of course I did!  It happened just so naturally that at the time I didn't even put much thought into it.  There is the answer to your question and I am rolling on the ground laughing.

littlemommy
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Word has it she's now deleted the CPS post.

She hasn't deleted it on her friends-only Facebook page. She has lots of "you poor persecuted thing!" comments gushing over her and she's "liked" each one. She's probably getting huge amounts of validation from all the drama.

Edited to add: I checked out the "edit history" on her facebook post. The original post was 4 hours ago, and about 40 minutes ago she edited it to say that CPS would consider any further reports against the Rods as harassment. This makes me wonder if indeed this post is intended for her Hater Viewing Audience. 

Edited by littlemommy
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 20

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
9 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Edited to add: I checked out the "edit history" on her facebook post. The original post was 4 hours ago, and about 40 minutes ago she edited it to say that CPS would consider any further reports against the Rods as harassment. This makes me wonder if indeed this post is intended for her Hater Viewing Audience. 

Jill's sounding more and more like a Naugler, IMO.   She'll probably use a word other than "trolls,"  however.  Ungodly?  UnRodly?  Heathen?

littlemommy
Posted (edited)

I'm still scouring her FB, drawn to all the drama like a moth to the Rod drama flame. 

I can't quote directly, but her first sentence used past tense for her reaction to it all. She "was" (insert emotion). If it had just happened today, wouldn't she *still* be feeling (insert emotion)? That makes me think that this is a flashback for the sake of FB reactions and to tell her trolls to cool it; CPS won't be doing anything, tyvm.

Instead of being rocked to her core she's posting away merrily on Facebook--Angie's foot is way better (the pictures look great) and it was also Phillip's sweet 16 dinner the other night. He brought Samuel as his best friend to eat in a fancy restaurant. Of course Mama and Deadbeat Dave were there.

Edited by littlemommy
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 15
  • Love 1

Petronella
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, waltraute said:

Are there exceptions made for RVs? I believe there are exceptions for buses.

FYI, I found this description if the law in West Virginia:

https://www.camperguide.org/rv-seat-belt-laws-by-state/#West_Virginia_WV

“As a primary enforcement state West Virginia (WV) law states that only the front seat passengers must wear a seat belt while driving in the RV. It also requires anyone under the age of 17 in the rear of the vehicle to buckle up. Exemptions are; vehicles designed to carry more than 19 passengers.”

So, yes they’d need belts/seats for most of them. I bet they claim that 5(?) people ride in the car which leaves about 10 for the RV. (Which may be true sometimes but I don’t believe they’re consistent about it.) Could it be argued that ten can ride safely in that RV?

On that same site, this is the Florida law:

”While traveling in an RV in the state of Florida all passengers riding in the front of the vehicle must wear a seat belt as well as all children ages 6-17 in the rear of the RV. It is a primary enforcement state. Exemptions are: medical reasons, newspaper delivery, living space of RVs, school and public buses, farm tractors, trash trucks, trucks more than 5000 lbs.”

Hmmm. That exemption for “living space of RVs” in Florida may be what got them off the hook. (I’m confused about the Florida law requiring seatbelts for 6-17. There must be a separate bit for under sixes that includes properly installed carseats—surely!)

Edited by Petronella

Petronella
26 minutes ago, BlackberryGirl said:

A few years later a neighbor admitted she was doing the malicious reports, she was charged and convicted.

How bizarre and awful!! Did she ever say why??

Meh
Dandruff
29 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Instead of being rocked to her core she's posting away merrily on Facebook--Angie's foot is way better (the pictures look great) and it was also Phillip's sweet 16 dinner the other night. He brought Samuel as his best friend to eat in a fancy restaurant. Of course Mama and Deadbeat Dave were there.

Wow...an acknowledged birthday and a special feeding.  With a friend.

Did Jill say what song the kids sang to CPS?  Was it "This is What Mommies Do"?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

grandmadugger

So some things don’t add up in Jill’s post for it being today. 

1) Tim answered the door. He was flying in Wisconsin just a few days ago. 

2) It was their house in WV. The Rods are in Kentucky. 

Jill posted they were traveling over the weekend. Phillip’s birthday celebration was in Kentucky. It wouldn’t make sense that they went home today and have to be back tomorrow. 

thoughtful

Jill, Jill, Jill - if you are going to post an old story from years ago, full of drama, just to drum up hysteria and sympathy, you could at least start it with

Spoiler

It was a dark and stormy night . . .

41 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

it was also Phillip's sweet 16 dinner the other night. He brought Samuel as his best friend to eat in a fancy restaurant. Of course Mama and Deadbeat Dave were there.

I can just imagine how that invitation went down:

Spoiler

"Hey, bro - please come along, not just because I love you, but in the hope that they won't actually beat me in the restaurant if the funny charming brother comes along.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

Giddy
FluffySnowball
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Okie_Bokie said:

UnRodly? 

Thank you for making me giggle and inventing my new favorite word. I severely like it 😂

Incidentally, sipping on a cold glass of white wine, I can totally embody it right now. I’m having an UnRodly evening... bliss, guys, pure bliss. 

Edited by FluffySnowball

Georgiana

I wonder if the CPS visit was around the time of Nurie (and Kaylee)'s accident.  Tim was still home at that time, and the Rods would have suddenly been spending a lot of time around mandated reporters in the hospital.  Nurie (and Kaylee) both suffered head trauma, and in their shocked and addled state, could easily have let slip some things that a mandated reporter felt compelled to report.  

JesusPony
Posted (edited)

Shoulda known things wouldn't remain non-SEVERE for long. I didn't see the comments on the Instagram post, but she probably expected a lot fawning over their -- aka her -- singing talent (yeah, no) and instead got the starvation comments, which set off this freakout. She requires constant sympathy and/or attention and she'll get it even if it means throwing a baby shower in the cafeteria of the hospital where her sister is in intensive care or just wearing excessive eye makeup. Look at me! look at me! Look at MEEEEEE!

Edited by JesusPony
A word

thoughtful

I have a request of anyone who can see the post and comments:

Spoiler

If anyone who is really a leghumper or just plays one on the internet asks Jill when this happened, and Jill answers, let us know what the answer is. Not that we can trust Jill to be truly truthful, but I'd still like to know what she says.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

grandmadugger
49 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I wonder if the CPS visit was around the time of Nurie (and Kaylee)'s accident.  Tim was still home at that time, and the Rods would have suddenly been spending a lot of time around mandated reporters in the hospital.  Nurie (and Kaylee) both suffered head trauma, and in their shocked and addled state, could easily have let slip some things that a mandated reporter felt compelled to report.  

That makes more sense than it happening recently since we know they’ve been on the road for awhile now. 

Happy
PennySycamore
4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I just heard that line last week on the Real Housewives of New York reunion.  Someone (Bethenny, I think) said it about Luann, the ex-Countess. Luann was whining about how all the attention can't be on her. 

I need to correct myself about which Housewives show it was on and who said it. 

It was on the Real Housewives of Beverley Hills reunion and that vile (and now ex-HW)  Lisa Vander Pump had tweeted about being "nailed to the cross" this season.  It was good ol' Erica that quoted that line about "get off the cross; we need the wood!"

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Anna Bolinas

This CPS incident feels like a catch-22. Either the Rods get CPS called on them and it fuels their persecution complex further, or no one ever criticizes their treatment of their children and they continue to think their parenting style is just dandy. And ultimately the kids suffer the most either way.