IGNORED

Trump 42: Racist In Chief

GreyhoundFan

This dude deserves a medal.

• Upvote 8

Does anyone else read the "what the hell do you have to lose?" slogan as "what have you got left for me to steal?"

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 6

Once again, Trump reveals his true motives.

The IC must be reined in = the IC must be stopped from investigating me!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Of course the best way to prove you are 'the least racist person in the world' is to attack a black journalist and call him dumb (stupid}.

Punctuation mark comments (because I can't help myself today):

1. You only use " when you're quoting verbatim, otherwise you should use '
  2. It should be 'the least racist person in the world'. Note that the full stop should come after the '
  3. When doing the dot thing at the end of a sentence or when using it as a pause in a sentence, there should be no more than three dots; nor should there be a comma before them
  4. When using brackets, use the same one to open and close. It should have been (stupid), not (stupid} stupid!
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

"Trump says Baltimore is ‘worse than Honduras’ in terms of violent crime"

Spoiler

President Trump suggested Tuesday that Baltimore is “worse than Honduras” in terms of violent crime, escalating his criticism of the district of House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.).

Trump made the remarks in an interview with The Washington Post.

“Baltimore happens to be about the worst case,” Trump said. “If you look at it statistically, it’s like, the number of shootings, the number of crimes, the number of everything — this morning I heard a statistic, Baltimore is worse than Honduras, okay?”

Conservative news sites and commentators have in recent days sought to contrast the crime rates in Baltimore and Honduras, even though statistically it is difficult to compare a city with a country. Baltimore has a population of around 620,000, while that of Honduras is about 9 million.

The 2017 homicide rate in Baltimore was 56 per 100,000 people, according to FBI data. The Honduran security ministry said last year that the homicide rate in Honduras was 42.8 per 100,000 people in 2017. The rate hit a high of 85 per 100,000 in 2011, according to United Nations figures.

Charlie Kirk, the founder of conservative youth organization Turning Point USA, tweeted about the statistics on Monday and opined that asylum seekers from Honduras “would be more safe staying home than they would be in Democrat-controlled, American cities.”

Trump’s remarks about the city came hours after he lashed out once again at Cummings and the “corrupt” city he represents, telling reporters outside the White House that residents of Baltimore are “living in hell.” Trump began targeting Cummings on Saturday, tweeting that “no human being would want to live” in the “disgusting, rat and rodent infested” city. The remarks prompted widespread accusations of racism, which Trump has denied.

Cummings’s district includes part of Baltimore, as well as parts of neighboring counties. As chairman of the Oversight Committee, Cummings has spearheaded investigations into Trump’s administration and financial dealings, and the Maryland Democrat has in recent weeks criticized the conditions of facilities for migrant children along the U.S.-Mexico border — drawing Trump’s ire in the process.

Cummings said in a tweet Tuesday afternoon that he “will continue to do every day what I am duty-bounded to do — help my constituents to live their best lives and serve as a check on the Executive Branch.”

Trump told The Post he had met with Cummings at the White House once to discuss drug pricing.

“He was in the Oval Office one time, and I really liked him,” Trump said.

The meeting took place in December 2017, and afterward, Cummings told reporters that Trump “was very aware of this prescription drug issue, almost every aspect of it,” according to CNN.

But the president also renewed an attack that he had made on Monday, blaming Cummings for what he described, without evidence, as “billions” of dollars in wasted federal aid aimed at revitalizing Baltimore — money that “could have built 20 brand-new cities,” Trump claimed.

“The money that’s been spent, the billions and billions and billions of dollars,” he said. “And as you know, Congressman Cummings, he has been the leader, the one that tried to get a lot of this money. He is one of the reasons the money was sent there. . . . Baltimore is a mess, and I want to help the people.”

Trump visited Baltimore as president-elect in December 2016, when he attended the Army-Navy football game. In Tuesday’s interview, the president said he would be open to visiting the city again and addressing residents, although he did not offer any specific plans.

“Over the years, I’ve been to Baltimore many times; I know Baltimore,” he said. Earlier Tuesday, he told reporters at the White House that he would visit “at the right time.”

I wish he'd suddenly lose the power of speech. Oh, and the use of his twitter thumbs.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Trump says Baltimore is ‘worse than Honduras’ in terms of violent crime"

Hide contents

President Trump suggested Tuesday that Baltimore is “worse than Honduras” in terms of violent crime, escalating his criticism of the district of House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.).

Trump made the remarks in an interview with The Washington Post.

“Baltimore happens to be about the worst case,” Trump said. “If you look at it statistically, it’s like, the number of shootings, the number of crimes, the number of everything — this morning I heard a statistic, Baltimore is worse than Honduras, okay?”

Conservative news sites and commentators have in recent days sought to contrast the crime rates in Baltimore and Honduras, even though statistically it is difficult to compare a city with a country. Baltimore has a population of around 620,000, while that of Honduras is about 9 million.

The 2017 homicide rate in Baltimore was 56 per 100,000 people, according to FBI data. The Honduran security ministry said last year that the homicide rate in Honduras was 42.8 per 100,000 people in 2017. The rate hit a high of 85 per 100,000 in 2011, according to United Nations figures.

Charlie Kirk, the founder of conservative youth organization Turning Point USA, tweeted about the statistics on Monday and opined that asylum seekers from Honduras “would be more safe staying home than they would be in Democrat-controlled, American cities.”

Trump’s remarks about the city came hours after he lashed out once again at Cummings and the “corrupt” city he represents, telling reporters outside the White House that residents of Baltimore are “living in hell.” Trump began targeting Cummings on Saturday, tweeting that “no human being would want to live” in the “disgusting, rat and rodent infested” city. The remarks prompted widespread accusations of racism, which Trump has denied.

Cummings’s district includes part of Baltimore, as well as parts of neighboring counties. As chairman of the Oversight Committee, Cummings has spearheaded investigations into Trump’s administration and financial dealings, and the Maryland Democrat has in recent weeks criticized the conditions of facilities for migrant children along the U.S.-Mexico border — drawing Trump’s ire in the process.

Cummings said in a tweet Tuesday afternoon that he “will continue to do every day what I am duty-bounded to do — help my constituents to live their best lives and serve as a check on the Executive Branch.”

Trump told The Post he had met with Cummings at the White House once to discuss drug pricing.

“He was in the Oval Office one time, and I really liked him,” Trump said.

The meeting took place in December 2017, and afterward, Cummings told reporters that Trump “was very aware of this prescription drug issue, almost every aspect of it,” according to CNN.

But the president also renewed an attack that he had made on Monday, blaming Cummings for what he described, without evidence, as “billions” of dollars in wasted federal aid aimed at revitalizing Baltimore — money that “could have built 20 brand-new cities,” Trump claimed.

“The money that’s been spent, the billions and billions and billions of dollars,” he said. “And as you know, Congressman Cummings, he has been the leader, the one that tried to get a lot of this money. He is one of the reasons the money was sent there. . . . Baltimore is a mess, and I want to help the people.”

Trump visited Baltimore as president-elect in December 2016, when he attended the Army-Navy football game. In Tuesday’s interview, the president said he would be open to visiting the city again and addressing residents, although he did not offer any specific plans.

“Over the years, I’ve been to Baltimore many times; I know Baltimore,” he said. Earlier Tuesday, he told reporters at the White House that he would visit “at the right time.”

I wish he'd suddenly lose the power of speech. Oh, and the use of his twitter thumbs.

If I were president of a country, I wouldn't be screaming from the rooftops that one of the cities in my country was worse than another country. 

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

If I were president of a country, I wouldn't be screaming from the rooftops that one of the cities in my country was worse than another country. 

Wonder how many people in Baltimore would prefer to live in Honduras.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder how many people in Baltimore would prefer to live in Honduras.

I don't live in Baltimore and I sure as hell wish he lived in Hondouras or better yet go to Russia with MoscowMitch. Why inflict him upon the Hondourans? 

Edited by WiseGirl
  • Upvote 4

But he’s ‘the least racist person in the world’ who’s never had any problems pronouncing words himself...

• WTF 9

Funny how the WH only admits Trump spoke with Putin after the Russians just happen to broadcast it. Makes you wonder exactly how often Trump and Putin speak (monthly? weekly? daily?), because you can bet the Russians aren't broadcasting all of their interactions.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

"Inside Donald Trump's 'brilliant and sinister' merchandising operation"

Spoiler

Brad Parscale had just boarded a Jet Blue flight earlier this month when the paper straw he was using ripped in half.

As he tried to keep his iced tea from spilling onto his suit, the annoyed Trump campaign manager tweeted that he was “so over paper straws.” Prodded by his wife not to leave it at that, Parscale emailed his staff from the air with an idea: Let’s sell plastic Trump straws.

In short order, the campaign sent an email to supporters with the subject line, “Making straws great again.” By the time Parscale landed in Florida, the presidential straws were already in production and an advertising campaign was up and running. The first batch sold out within hours.

The ploy was part of a strategy to stoke and validate the grievances of Trump’s base — and then turn them into hard cash. The effort centers around novelty merchandise items the reelection campaign has been hawking on its website, including “Pencil-Neck Adam Schiff” T-shirts lampooning the Democratic congressman and Trump antagonist as a clown; “I Spy Trump” tees and tanks depicting the commander in chief being snooped on by former President Barack Obama; and, most recently, the plastic straws. The Trump 2020 online store has marketed the offering as an alternative to the more environmentally friendly “liberal paper straws” that “don’t work.”

The straws — they are reusable and recyclable — have been a cash cow, generating more than $456,000 in sales since they went on sale July 19, according to the campaign. That and other offerings have attracted scores of new donors to the Trump campaign and helped the president build a massive early financial advantage over Democrats.

Even Democrats who’ve savaged the president over his environmental record offered grudging respect for the straw maneuver.

“I think something Trump has always understood very clearly is how to tap into a cultural moment or zeitgeist and leverage it to his advantage,” said Tara McGowan, a top Democratic digital strategist who served on a pro-Hillary Clinton super PAC during the 2016 campaign and has been active in the climate change movement. “So for him, taking a relatively new thing in the world that most people hate (paper straws) and leveraging it to both make a political statement and raise [hundreds of thousands] of dollars by selling plastic straws is both brilliant and sinister.”

Trump has long made swag a centerpiece of his political marketing operation. The iconic "Make America Great Again" hat became a staple of his 2016 rallies and has remained wildly popular among his supporters.

But Trump’s team has moved into edgier territory over the past year. It has sold a raft of cheap-to-produce merchandise aimed at capitalizing financially on conservative outrage and backlash against political correctness, much of it stoked by the president himself. During last year’s NFL season, the Trump campaign began selling “Stand Up for America” football jerseys. The American flag-embroidered outfits were designed to tap into attention surrounding Trump’s criticism of football players who knelt during the national anthem.

Over the course of this year, the campaign has peddled an array of Russia investigation-themed items, including a top-selling “Collusion Delusion” shirt, “WITCH HUNT” mugs and “NO COLLUSION” beverage coolers.

Trump officials said they’re on the hunt for other merchandising ideas.

“We kind of let the news cycle pop," said Gary Coby, the campaign’s digital director, "and when we have an idea around it, we just go.

“I think the president is the world’s most famous human being. What he says and does makes news and you can draft off of whatever he’s talking about,” Coby added.

Political professionals said merchandising is increasingly becoming an important way to court small donors. People get something in return for their money, making it attractive to those who don’t ordinarily give to campaigns.

On the Democratic side, the first presidential debate had barely ended when Kamala Harris’ campaign started selling T-shirts alluding to her attack on Joe Biden over school busing.

“A donor gets to show their support and they also get to wear their support,” said Zac Moffatt, who was digital director on Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential campaign. “It’s people saying, ‘I stand with this and I’m actively putting my marker down,’ and I think that’s very powerful.”

Trump officials point out that more than half of those who’ve purchased straws had never previously given to the president’s campaign. The campaign can return to those people later for additional donations — or to purchase more gear.

Other Republicans are racing to piggyback off Trump’s success. After Nike pulled a featuring an early American flag earlier this month — prompting blowback from the right — the National Republican Senatorial Committee rushed out a “Betsy Ross Flag Shirt” adorned with an image of an American Revolution-era flag.

The committee, which marketed the item by inviting donors to “show their pride for our flag,” spun the controversy into gold. The shirts generated more than $500,000 in sales in the first four days.

WinRed, a new GOP small-donor online platform that has received the blessing of party leadership, is expected to soon unveil a program that will allow candidates up and down the ballot to swiftly produce and sell merchandise.

“I think merchandising is going to be one of the big stories of the cycle,” said Gerrit Lansing, WinRed’s president and a veteran Republican digital strategist.

The Trump campaign’s success in churning out merchandise partly reflects its streamlined nature. Parscale, a relative political newcomer who spent nearly two decades in the marketing and advertising industry, has assembled a tight-knit operation designed to execute quickly. It has given the Trump team the ability to seize moments in real time.

After Parscale fired off his tweet complaining about his broken straw, he went back and forth with campaign advisers Andy Surabian and Katrina Pierson over how to market the straws and drafted a tweet to promote them — all while still in the air.

Trump aides on the ground, meanwhile, contacted Ace Specialties, the campaign’s Louisiana-based promotional products supplier, and asked the company to begin producing the straws.

A few days later, the Trump campaign resuscitated the popular “pencil neck” T-shirt, which had gone out of production, to coincide with former special counsel Robert Mueller’s testimony before the Schiff-led House Intelligence Committee. The garment has generated around $250,000, with nearly 40 percent of the proceeds coming from first-time donors to the campaign. It has become the campaign’s second most popular novelty item, after the straws.

“It’s almost guerrilla marketing,” said Eric Wilson, who was digital director on Marco Rubio’s 2016 presidential bid. “What you’re seeing is the president using his bully pulpit and then the campaign being nimble enough to capitalize on it.”

To others, the campaign’s willingness to invest in tchotchkes depicting a congressman as a clown or a former president spying on the current one underscores something more basic: Its familiarity and comfort with Trump's smash-mouth style. Parscale, who’s spent nearly a decade working for the president and his family, has paid close attention to the trademark approach.

“They know what they stand for,” Moffatt said. “They literally understand their brand, they know what works, and they’re not scared of it.”

Cheap, ugly crap that enriches and advertises the toxic orange megacolon? No thank you.

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 2

So here's a likely scenario. We all know that as soon as he mentions Ilhan the chanting will start. Even though he could prevent the chants from starting by not mentioning Ilhan, we know he can't help himself, and he will say her name when the fancy takes him. The crowd will roar "Send her back!" After the chanting has gone on for about eight seconds, he'll say: "Yes, yes! I know we all want to send her back, but the media will make such a fuss and call me a racist. And I'm the least racist person in the world. I only want the bad hombres to go back to where they came from. okay? The bad hombres should be sent back!" And then the crowd will chant "Send them back!" And Trump will smile with satisfaction. Racism deflected, right?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

I think the straw marketing is a clever idea. 

I'd like to see a t-shirt, with a picture of a Trump straw, with the slogan "Trump - sucking the life out of America".

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I'd like to see a t-shirt, with a picture of a Trump straw, with the slogan "Trump - sucking the life out of America".

I'd buy that (well, not a t-shirt, but a magnet). Sucking the life out of the world would also work, with Putin sucking on the Trump straw.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 8

15 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Funny how the WH only admits Trump spoke with Putin after the Russians just happen to broadcast it. Makes you wonder exactly how often Trump and Putin speak (monthly? weekly? daily?), because you can bet the Russians aren't broadcasting all of their interactions.

Wildfires afflicting Siberia? I wonder if Trump proposed his forest raking plan...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

Sociopath-in-Chief: "Trump seems to make light of reports that Baltimore home of Cummings was burglarized"

Spoiler

President Trump on Friday seemed to make light of new reports that the Baltimore home of Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.) was burglarized hours before Trump started attacking him on Twitter last weekend.

“Really bad news! The Baltimore house of Elijah E. Cummings was robbed. Too bad!” Trump tweeted to his more than 62 million followers.

Trump appeared to be responding to news reports, including one broadcast on Fox News in the previous hour, that the residence of Cummings and his wife in West Baltimore’s Druid Heights neighborhood was burglarized early Saturday morning.

Later that morning, Trump took aim at Cummings on Twitter, calling him a “brutal bully” and claiming conditions in his congressional district were far worse than those at the U.S.-Mexico border. Trump also attacked Baltimore as a “disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”

Trump continued to harshly criticize Cummings for much of the past week. Cummings is the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, which is conducting an array of investigations of the Trump administration.

Later Friday, Cummings confirmed the reports of a break-in at his rowhouse in a statement issued by his office.

“An individual attempted to gain entry into my residence at approximately 3:40 AM on Saturday, July 27,” he said. “I was notified of the intrusion by my security system, and I scared the intruder away by yelling before the person gained entry into the residential portion of the house. I thank the Baltimore Police Department for their response and ask that all further inquiries be directed to them.”

Cummings’s office did not comment on Trump’s tweet.

The tweet prompted outrage from Democrats and other critics of the president.

“Applauding a political opponent’s house getting robbed is impeachable, right?” tweeted Zac Petkanas, a Democratic strategist and former senior adviser to Hillary Clinton’s campaign in 2016.

“Or at least worthy of the 25th amendment?” he added, referring to the constitutional provision that outlines procedures for a president’s Cabinet to remove him from office if deemed unfit.

In a tweet, the conservative writer David Frum noted that the reported break-in at the home owned by Cummings occurred “before Trump’s ‘rat-infested’ attack upon him.”

“But the gloating afterward remains dangerous incitement,” Frum said.

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 4

Deer loving Rufus!

Who cares if it's a UN violation, and that the US should protest against it as member of the UN?

Kimmie is Donnie's fwend, so no biggie!

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 4

"Chairman Kim doesn't want to disappoint me"

WTF? What the fuck did I just read?

He's stupid. Stupider than shit. End of the story. And his supporters are even more stupid.

ETA he slipped an "I may be wrong" in there, I guess someone has tried to translate the missiles meaning in terms comprehensible to him. But it didn't last cos he knows better.

Oh and the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty (signed by Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev, banned all surface-to-surface missiles with a range of between 500km and 5,500km, effectively removing them from Europe) lapsed today after Donnie and Vladdie failed to renew it. I hate them. I hate them both with the passion of a thousand fiery suns for the constant disregard they have for everyone else's life. It drives me mad that so much of the humankind's destiny is in the hands of two men so corrupt and utterly evil.

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
  • Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

The kind of line that could cause billions (assuming there are billions, millions...or any) to shudder in hindsight.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Huh. "I like when you vet," he says to the media, after tweeting that it was the LameStream Media's fault that Ratcliffe had to withdraw his nomination. They 'treated [Ratcliffe] very unfairly. Rather than going through months of slander and libel [...]'  :pb_rollseyes:

• WTF 13

Info about the toxic orange megacolon's klan/pep rally in Cincy: "Fear and gloating in Cincinnati"

Spoiler

CINCINNATI — Open throats, captive minds. Maybe 17,000 of each, deafening in different ways. Joy, fear, love, hate, fellowship. Unbridled, roaring nationalism. Shirts that said “JESUS IS MY SAVIOR, TRUMP IS MY PRESIDENT,” though it was hard to tell the difference here at Rally No. 64 of his presidency, on Day 923 of his first term.

About 15 minutes into his speech Thursday evening, Donald Trump riffed on one of his favorite topics: American “inner cities,” and how they are utter hellholes.

“We can name one after the other, but I won’t do that,” Trump said. “Because I don’t want to be controversial.” He paused to let the crowd goad him into being controversial. “We want no controversy.” This was his first rally since his pillorying of Baltimore as “infested,” since his last audience chanted “send her back” in reference to Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), the Somali American congresswoman.

Would he go there again? Would he go beyond? Would they? How racist was everyone feeling tonight?

When asked earlier in the day about indecent chants, outside the White House, Trump said: “I don’t know that you can stop people.”

Presently, onstage, the president pivoted to his left and looked into the crowd at the U.S. Bank Arena. His followers, reacting as one red-hatted organism, had detected an invasion: a few protesters who had unfurled a small banner that said “IMMIGRANTS BUILT AMERICA.” The organism’s immune system pulsed to life. People snatched at the banner, swarmed the protesters.

Trump sidestepped the microphone and addressed the fans closest to him, just off the stage. “Democrat mayor?” he asked them, hand beside his mouth, perhaps to block his audio. “Democrat mayor. Democrat?” When the slight infection was treated, the capacity crowd chanted “U-S-A.”

“Cincinnati, do you have a Democrat mayor?” Trump said at the microphone. “Well, that’s what happens.”

Yes, that’s what happens if you vote Democrat, or if a Democrat is in charge, or if anyone is in charge but Donald Trump in 2021: chaos, lawlessness, the slavery of socialism, epidemics of disease and drugs, criminal immigrants pillaging schools and hospitals, the slaughter of newborn babies by abortion doctors, pesky investigations of presidential wrongdoing by people such as Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), congressman from Baltimore and chairman of the House Oversight Committee.

Trump decided to go after Cummings again, without naming him, by comparing Baltimore’s homicide rate to entire Central American countries. His tone was that of a stand-up comic chiding the DMV for bad service.

“I believe it’s higher than — gimme a place that you think is pretty bad,” Trump said, breaking his teleprompter trance to start free-styling. “Gimme a place.” People shouted the names of American cities. People shouted locations they’d been conditioned to look down upon. “Pakistan,” shouted one man. “Afghanistan,” shouted another.

“I believe it’s higher than Afghanistan,” Trump said.

Oh, people had fun here! They were gleeful. They chanted “LOCK HER UP,” and turned to each other and smiled, moving and clapping like they were at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert. (“Free Bird” had played multiple times outside the arena to entertain the epic queue in the hot sun.) Pubescent boys wearing the Infowars logo, soccer moms in pink tops emblazoned with “Women for Trump,” a couple of rows of black supporters with T-shirts that said “TRUMP & Republicans ARE NOT RACIST,” a group of friends from Middletown (setting of the memoir “Hillbilly Elegy”) who’d chartered a limousine to make a night of it — they were so happy to spend hours here, in this hot hockey venue across the river from Kentucky, as the leader of the free world gave a sermon of digressive demagoguery and tell-it-like-it-isms. The president wasn’t racist, his people believed; he was an equal-opportunity counterpuncher. Some said they weren’t even here for the counterpunching. They were here for the sheer camaraderie, the energy, the excitement. It was validating for people. It was inspiring.

The president talks a lot about what he’s doing for the country. What is he doing for his followers?

Rewind for a moment, to about two hours before Trump’s entrance. It was the fifth rally for Steve and Tina Callahan, real estate agents from Springfield, Ohio. They were waiting in the first row of the second tier of seating, in attire patterned with the American flag, because they wanted to feel unity, to be around people with “common sense,” to see their hero in the flesh.

“He is sacrificing his life to save America from a new world order,” Tina said.

What if he is not reelected?

“God is real and He’s told many people that Trump is going to serve eight years,” said Tina, a born-again Christian. “And Pence is going to serve eight years. And Pence’s vice president is going to serve eight years.”

Jennifer Heinlein, a patient-services specialist, loves how her 401(k) has swelled. She pays “heavily” for her health insurance, but wants to keep it, and worries that a Democrat would take it away. She pointed to her compatriots moving through the concourse in Trump-branded merchandise. “When I see people wearing all this,” Heinlein said, “it makes me a believer.”

Down on the floor of the arena, in the standing VIP section, was a woman named Michelle Sellati, wearing a shirt adorned with the letter “Q.” She was part of a noticeable contingent of rallygoers wearing the symbols of the QAnon conspiracy theory, which at least one FBI field office has identified as a domestic terrorist threat, according to a Yahoo News story published earlier in the day. Besides being a portal to uncertain revelations of a dubious nature, QAnon also helps explain the president’s foibles to those who see him as the author of living scripture.

“I wait for him to misspell or mispronounce something, and then I wait for my Serial Brain to decode,” said Sellati, referring to a YouTube channel that she says analyzes the missing letters in the president’s tweets — and the garbled words in the president’s mouth — for clues to what’s going to happen in the future.

What’s an example of something that’s happened, after a clue?

“The chemtrails,” Sellati said.

The chemtrails.

“The chemtrails are gone. Since July 4. Look at the sky. It’s beautiful.”

But we were inside. The absurd ballad “Memory,” from the absurd musical “Cats,” was blaring over the speakers at headache decibels.

IF YOU TOUCH ME, YOU’LL UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPINESS IS.

“You had to suffer for a long time,” Trump said around Minute 38, “until I came along.” He was referring to the previous administration’s policy toward fossil fuels. His people nodded and applauded, as many miles away the Greenland ice sheet continued its historic melt: 197 billion tons of water, swept into the Atlantic Ocean over the past month, which scientists attribute to climate change’s growing impact on the Arctic.

But in this arena, among the believers, the future was rosy. Over an hour into his speech, the president declared that he would end the AIDS epidemic “shortly” and cure childhood cancer “very shortly.” There was moderate applause. The crowd was thinning; it had been a long day. But then, seconds later, he mentioned “the right to keep and bear arms.” Thunder. Rafter-shaking cheers. Standing. Screaming.

“Americans won the race to the moon,” Trump also said, “and we will now win the race to Mars.”

A new world. Sometimes it feels like we’re already there.

• WTF 6

6 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

He's stupid. Stupider than shit. End of the story. And his supporters are even more stupid.

ETA he slipped an "I may be wrong" in there, I guess someone has tried to translate the missiles meaning in terms comprehensible to him. But it didn't last cos he knows better.

Oh and the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty (signed by Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev, banned all surface-to-surface missiles with a range of between 500km and 5,500km, effectively removing them from Europe) lapsed today after Donnie and Vladdie failed to renew it. I hate them. I hate them both with the passion of a thousand fiery suns for the constant disregard they have for everyone else's life. It drives me mad that so much of the humankind's destiny is in the hands of two men so corrupt and utterly evil.

I am still very concerned that one of these two is going to think a nuclear winter is a good counterbalance to global warming. I mean they don'tcare about the lives of the people in their countries, I doubt foreigners lives are any more meaningful to them.

Honestly this is the first time I've wondered if Revelations was actually prophecy rather than drug fuelled dreaming. The LaHaye version of The Rapture interpretation (not that big outside the US) had Russia and Ethiopia allied, which not so much, but if you swap Ethiopia for Syria...

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sociopath-in-Chief: "Trump seems to make light of reports that Baltimore home of Cummings was burglarized"

Reveal hidden contents

President Trump on Friday seemed to make light of new reports that the Baltimore home of Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.) was burglarized hours before Trump started attacking him on Twitter last weekend.

“Really bad news! The Baltimore house of Elijah E. Cummings was robbed. Too bad!” Trump tweeted to his more than 62 million followers.

Trump appeared to be responding to news reports, including one broadcast on Fox News in the previous hour, that the residence of Cummings and his wife in West Baltimore’s Druid Heights neighborhood was burglarized early Saturday morning.

Later that morning, Trump took aim at Cummings on Twitter, calling him a “brutal bully” and claiming conditions in his congressional district were far worse than those at the U.S.-Mexico border. Trump also attacked Baltimore as a “disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”

Trump continued to harshly criticize Cummings for much of the past week. Cummings is the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, which is conducting an array of investigations of the Trump administration.

Later Friday, Cummings confirmed the reports of a break-in at his rowhouse in a statement issued by his office.

“An individual attempted to gain entry into my residence at approximately 3:40 AM on Saturday, July 27,” he said. “I was notified of the intrusion by my security system, and I scared the intruder away by yelling before the person gained entry into the residential portion of the house. I thank the Baltimore Police Department for their response and ask that all further inquiries be directed to them.”

Cummings’s office did not comment on Trump’s tweet.

The tweet prompted outrage from Democrats and other critics of the president.

“Applauding a political opponent’s house getting robbed is impeachable, right?” tweeted Zac Petkanas, a Democratic strategist and former senior adviser to Hillary Clinton’s campaign in 2016.

“Or at least worthy of the 25th amendment?” he added, referring to the constitutional provision that outlines procedures for a president’s Cabinet to remove him from office if deemed unfit.

In a tweet, the conservative writer David Frum noted that the reported break-in at the home owned by Cummings occurred “before Trump’s ‘rat-infested’ attack upon him.”

“But the gloating afterward remains dangerous incitement,” Frum said.

So, does anyone else wonder if the break-in was committed by some of Trump's people or a MAGA hat wearing moron, or is it just me?

Trump and his people are so slimy, I can see one of theme putting someone up to the break in just so they can trash on Baltimore.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I actually was thinking of a Watergate type break-in, looking for dirt.  Then Trump screws up and tweets about it even though no one else said anything.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, mamallama said:

I actually was thinking of a Watergate type break-in, looking for dirt.  Then Trump screws up and tweets about it even though no one else said anything.

That is quite a possibility as well. I just have a hard time believing it was a random break-in. The coincidence in timing is just too much for me.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic