IGNORED

Trump 42: Racist In Chief

GreyhoundFan

I just heard Trump has referred to himself as the king of Israel and the second coming of God.  I am at work and can't vet...

• WTF 6

51 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I just heard Trump has referred to himself as the king of Israel and the second coming of God.  I am at work and can't vet...

It seems to be true. He was quoting someone I think? But still, can you imagine if Obama or even Bush had posted a quote like that which also implies American Jews are disloyal? 

• Upvote 5

Trump's criticism of me and those of my ilk leaves me profoundly untouched.  I tend to doubt he'll get more Jewish votes with it.

If he really thinks he's the king of Israel then we're all in trouble.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Trump's tantrum about Denmark not selling him Greenland has not reached its end just yet.

The feeling's mutual.

Politicians unite in condemning US president’s decision to cancel visit.

Some choice quotes from Danes:

Pernille Skipper, the leader of left-wing Red Green Alliance, tweeted that "Trump lives on another planet," and lamented his “egocentric” and "disrespectful" decision. 

Far-right Danish People’s Party chairman Kristian Thulesen Dahl joined in, sayingthat Trump’s decision was a “farce” worthy of April Fools' Day.

Kristian Jensen, Denmark’s former finance minister from the Venstre party, tweeted that the situation was “total chaos” and had spiraled into a “diplomatic crisis.” He also reiterated that Greenland is not for sale.

This NYT article also has some Danish reactions.

“Is this some sort of joke?” Helle Thorning-Schmidt, a former prime minister, wrote on Twitter. “Deeply insulting to the people of Greenland and Denmark.”

A headline in Berlingske, a conservative daily, read “The U.S. and Denmark’s relationship has never been this ice-cold. It will have wide-ranging consequences.” 

A headline on the website of the state broadcaster read, “Trump sends Denmark and the U.S.’s relationship to the freezing point.”

“For no reason Trump assumes that (an autonomous) part of our country is for sale,” Rasmus Jarlov, a former minister of business, wrote on Twitter. “Then insultingly cancels visit that everybody was preparing for. Are parts of the U.S. for sale? Alaska? Please show more respect.”

Noting that the president’s tweet said the visit had been postponed, rather than abandoned, Soren Espersen, who speaks for the populist Danish People’s Party on foreign affairs, suggested there was little point in Mr. Trump coming. “Why not just cancel?” he said. “We are so busy here with other things.”

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I truly do want to know what his fundie supporters think of him being insanely proud of the fact that someone tweeted that he is the second coming of Christ.  And the King Of Israel (not Dillard). 

SPEAK UP, ASSHOLES.   WHATCHA THINK OF THAT? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I wish I was surprised by this but I’m not. 

• I Agree 6

21 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I truly do want to know what his fundie supporters think of him being insanely proud of the fact that someone tweeted that he is the second coming of Christ.  And the King Of Israel (not Dillard). 

SPEAK UP, ASSHOLES.   WHATCHA THINK OF THAT? 

I stalked the evangelical Trumpsters I know on FB(the ones that I can see) and there is dead silence on it. Trump literally just declared himself equal to God! His cult following is insane. 

• I Agree 3
  • Love 2

The Chosen One.

The Second Coming.

The King of Israel.

I'm not talking to Denmark until they give me Greenland. 

All in the past couple of days.  He's completely demented.  I'm sorry, but why the hell isn't the country doing an intervention?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

43 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

The Chosen One.

The Second Coming.

The King of Israe

9 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I have to cease to be amazed at how much lower he can go and what a buffoon he is. 

Seriously? I just wrote my own quote 9 hours ago and 4 hours later he labels himself with these descriptions? 

Why, why, why when I write something like this that does it seem he counters with "challenge accepted?"

*Waves flag of surrender* 45 you always seem to be able to go lower and I am constantly amazed at the new levels of buffoonery and stupidity. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

There's a teensy problem in that Jewish people don't believe in the first coming.  It's not going to be a selling point for us.  A messiah should know that.  He also doesn't quite meet the credentials for King of Israel.

• Upvote 10

39 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

There's a teensy problem in that Jewish people don't believe in the first coming.  It's not going to be a selling point for us.  A messiah should know that.  He also doesn't quite meet the credentials for King of Israel.

He doesn't care about those dumb details.

He also wanted to give himself a Medal of Honor.  

Not The Onion, and he's not joking    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/21/donald-trump-give-himself-medal-of-honor-1470950

He's a king alright.  The King of Narcissists . 

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 3

From the wonderfully snarky and sarcastic Alexandra Petri: "Oh, good, Donald Trump is God now"

Spoiler

The Amazon is burning. Darkness covers São Paulo at noon. The economy is wilting. The Federal Reserve chair dreamed of seven lean oxen, and when he awakened, all his yield curves had inverted. Sean Spicer is on “Dancing With The Stars.” Do not think that these are signs that we drift, alone, through an indifferent universe, where everything is absurd and nothing is funny. Do not mistake these omens. All has been revealed.

*stone tablets containing decades of laws crash down from on high and shatter*

Glorious news, everyone! Donald Trump is God! Everything makes sense now, and the final purpose of all things is at last clear. Donald Trump on Wednesday proudly quoted a messenger who said he was “the second coming of God,” and he described himself as “the chosen one,” looking up at the sky. As I said, wonderful, good, normal news!

*Donald Trump’s entire staff transforms into snakes*

How did we not recognize it before? He can multiply crowds at a wish. He can make the night day and the day night. He can make Melania Trump appear in a window where she is not. He can make friends enemies and enemies, friends. He can stare unblinkingly into the sun (at an eclipse, no less), for the sun shall not strike him by day. He turned Chris Christie into a pillar of salt; his arrival was heralded by a burned-out Bush. With Trump, all things are possible. Don’t give him a baby to cut in half; he’ll do it.

*water across the nation transforms into Trump-branded wine*

Hearken, nonbelievers! Of course Donald Trump is the Chosen One — all relevant tropes apply. He arrived on the scene with no particular expertise, and suddenly, he was in charge of everything, even though there was a woman right there who had been preparing for the same thing for decades. He just stepped into office, and suddenly he could do anything he set his mind to. He can wield nuclear power, melt ice that has been there for decades, and he almost bought Greenland.

*Donald Trump vanishes into the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights; he is golfing*

Also, he is the King of Israel. Great! And he brought Christmas back. Even better! That was just the first sign of many signs that he would perform. He made the lion lie down with the lamb, and then he stood with the lion after the resulting incident. He healed the nation’s wounds (or will, once he gets a magic and only somewhat habit-forming spray from Johnson and Johnson), and you should see what he can do with the jawbone of an ass! And he suffered the little children to come unto him. At any rate, they suffered.

*Trump smites a rock with his rod, and lead-tainted water starts pouring from it*

No wonder evangelical voters have stuck with him so much. He is literally the Messiah! Which is great! Just great, just absolutely wonderful, and a HIGHLY normal thing for a president to say! Definitely not Fake News, definitely the Good News.

Just super, absolutely, terrifically, the most reassuring news ever! I for one am EXTREMELY REASSURED.

*a great beast with 10 horns and seven heads emerges from the abyss*

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

"Trump just nixed his Denmark trip. Does he fear Obama will humiliate him?"

Spoiler

President Trump has now canceled his planned trip to Denmark, claiming he’s doing so because Denmark’s prime minister has shot down his “proposal” to buy Greenland. But is that the real reason he has nixed the trip?

Some observers have offered another possible explanation: Trump’s predecessor, Barack Obama, plans to visit Denmark at the end of September, and Trump feared the contrasting optics.

“Trump was scared of the likely contrast,” opined David Frum. “Trump knows Obama is bigger than he is, around the world as well as in the United States. That knowledge tortures Trump.”

Several things are immediately striking about this episode. First, it’s a measure of how low we’ve all sunk that, in trying to explain why the president of the United States is making a consequential decision involving an official state visit, we’re forced to choose between two competing rationales that have nothing whatsoever to do with international diplomatic considerations or our national interest.

Notably, the official reason for the cancellation is nearly as saturated in narcissism and megalomania as the “less” flattering Obama-oriented explanation is: Trump is either angry that Denmark Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen is not taking his suggestion seriously, or he’s embarrassed by it — or both.

Trump might argue that he views acquiring Greenland as being in our national interest, of course. Indeed, The Post reports that officials had discussed offering Denmark an arrangement in which the United States takes over its annual subsidies to Greenland, apparently because of wariness of Chinese and Russian expansion in the Arctic.

But even if this is so, Denmark and Greenland have declared they’re not interested in Trump’s idea, and Trump’s decision to cancel the trip on this ostensible basis is not rooted in any discernible sense of how this might be in our national interest.

Leading figures in Denmark are pointing out that Trump’s conduct will complicate relations and make coordination on all manner of issues — from climate change to the Mideast — more difficult. There’s zero indication that Trump gave any thought to such consequences.

The idea that Trump would be driven — at least in part — by fear of a contrast with Obama’s reception is deeply twisted, of course, and I don’t claim to know whether this is the case. But this brings us to the second striking thing about this affair: That this might be partly what’s motivating Trump’s cancellation simply cannot be dismissed.

It keeps getting worse

Everything we’ve seen from Trump makes it inescapable: An unflattering contrast with an Obama visit unquestionably would be something Trump wants to avoid.

After all, Trump regularly bases major policy decisions on a zeal to undo whatever Obama did — as if blotting out the Obama presidency is a measure of his own success — even as Trump and his propagandists regularly go to extraordinary lengths to create the cult-like illusion that he’s loved everywhere.

This includes claiming that polls showing his deep unpopularity are media fabrications and regularly inflating and obsessing over crowd sizes. Trump’s hypersensitivity to how he’s received extends abroad, too: After his trip to London, Trump claimed that large protests there simply never happened.

So it’s at least plausible that one of Trump’s considerations in canceling the Denmark trip was Obama’s planned visit. Which brings us to an interesting tension in Trump’s approach to all these matters.

A weird tension in Trumpism

On one hand, Trump sometimes wears it as a badge of honor that his recklessness and bluster elicit anger and disdain from foreign allies. Last year, after Trump had that now-notorious meltdown at the Group of Seven meeting in Quebec and lashed out at our allies, Trump’s minions proudly circulated a viral photo of our allied heads of state angrily berating Trump as he stubbornly crossed his arms in defiance.

This was supposed to show Trump willingly absorbing Euro-weenie elite contempt as part of his war against the globalists on behalf of the U.S. worker. But in reality, the rationales for Trump’s attacks on allies were mostly lies and inventions about our trade realities, offered as a pretext for sowing disruption in our international arrangements, for unclear reasons.

More than a year after that meltdown, the worldview driving it — and shaping the propagandistic story his allies told about it — are now threatening to tip us into a recession.

As an aside, that affair points to another possible explanation for the canceled Denmark trip: Trump is merely trying to sow international chaos, again for unknown reasons.

Regardless, at last year’s G-7, Trump spun our allies’ disdain into a fabricated tale of his “America First” fearlessness. Yet Trump may now have canceled his trip to visit another foreign ally in part because he fears embarrassment and mockery, possibly in comparison with Obama.

If that happened, you’d think Trump would easily spin it into support for his grand narrative. After all, Obama is a leading member of the globalist elite (see Trump’s 2016 closing ad) that Trump has throttled so heroically. Of course leading Denmark figures would greet Obama as a rock star, while treating Trump with supercilious disdain! That would just prove Trump has been right all along — he’s their scourge!

But it’s reasonable to believe Trump fears this outcome. Indeed, even if Obama has nothing to do with this decision, this tension is everywhere: Trump outwardly appears to welcome our allies’ contempt, while simultaneously being infuriated when it embarrasses him, particularly in contrast with treatment of Obama.

In the end, whether Trump’s rationale for the nixed trip is fear of Obama, or rage at his Greenland fiasco, or a desire to sow international disruption, at the core of Trump’s decision-making, moral emptiness and megalomania and total lack of concern for the national interest are all that’s left.

• Upvote 5

Never has the need for invoking the 25th amendment been greater than right now. It used to be that when a person believes they were god, they were locked up in a psychiatric ward. Not anymore, it seems. Even though Pence purports to being a religious man, he won’t start the 25th amendment procedures, like he should with a president that is clearly delusional and completely unfit for office. I’m beginning to believe Pence thinks Trump really is god, too. Why else is he ignoring the possibility of removing Trump for completely legitimate reasons and becoming president himself? And... becoming eminently more electable in the 2020 elections than Trump is, as he is (outwardly) more palatable for voters?

• Upvote 9

This explains a lot. It looks like Trumps tax returns and other financial stuff could be released on Friday. No wonder he’s totally gone off the rails.

• Thank You 7

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He made the lion lie down with the lamb, and then he stood with the lion after the resulting incident.

What a great line.

Trump claiming to be good for Jewish voters is the moment for which the phrase "with friends like this, who needs enemies?" was coined.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

He really is doing his damned best to be the most horrible, atrocious and terrible president in recorded history.

• Disgust 5

NBC reporter this morning "The President is giving whiplash today with the changing of his position/statements from yesterday to today." I just love them labeling it as whiplash because that's what it's been nonstop since he took office.

Mango menace gives me whiplash ever day and I suspect the NRA got to him in less than 24 hours on one of his statements.

• Upvote 8

Oh! He has some self-awareness...

• WTF 6

For reference for posterity, cos I hope this will still be unbelievable.

Screenshot_2019-08-22-17-50-39-739_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.f020b544699470aa48fbabf62975578f.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Sweet Rufus Reindeer, is Uranus in retrograde? The crazy, it just doesn't stop!  Also this: Wayne Allyn Root is worse than Doug Phillips at naming his kids:  Dakota Root, Contessa Churchill Antoinette Root, Hudson Root, Remington Reagan Root

Anyway, the PM of Iceland has effortlessly won the current round of Passive Agressive Diplomatic Shade Throwing: Iceland's Prime Minister To Skip Meeting With VP Mike Pence

PM Katrin Jakobsdottir is scheduled to give the keynote speech at the scintillating (!) Council of Nordic Trade Unions' annual meeting in Malmo, Sweden, on Sept. 3.  Pence will be coming through Iceland the next day, Sept. 4, but, darnit, Jakobsdottir just can't make it back in time.  

"It was already known that I was offered to be the keynote speaker at the annual convention of the Nordic trade unions a long time ago, and like everyone knows I've never been one to shy away from labour market matters," Jakobsdottir said in an interview with RÚV, the Icelandic national broadcasting service.

This also sends a big signal to Iceland's trading partners just who is more important. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

This gem was between other tweets on a slightly different subject. I didn't know that MoscowMitch could not refuse to hold a Senate impeachment trial and that it's actually up to Chief Justice Roberts.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic