IGNORED

Seewalds 42: Trying to Stay Relevant

Coconut Flan

27 minutes ago, potato said:

Well this sure is something: 

A Duggar-Kardashian crossover? Mind actually blown. 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Baby #4: Hero of the Christian Faith "Yeezy Seewald"

Please this needs to happen ?

I have a feeling #4 may come rather quickly due to jessa enjoying having a sister (Jinger) so close in age. 

Edited by Daisy0322
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, FunDeeLite said:

Whatever happened to Ben's rapper friend Flame?  

He sued Katy Perry for a copyright issue and won 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

A duggar kardashian crossover, now that's the scariest thing I can think of.  I imagine this conversation would happen at some point. Duggars "Nike" ... kanye no "Yeeze"

• Haha 13

Ben listening to Kanye and posting about it, who ever would  have thought. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

babies, weight and feeding: my kids were a combo of breast/bottle. The moral of this story is: FEED YOUR BABIES!!!! Whatever works, fills their tummies and is nutritious.

All my kids were roughly 7 lbs at birth. 2 of them followed the "double birthweight" by 6 months or so and by a year were a sturdy 20 lbs or so. My last one had some weird genetic thing going with growth. He was still only about 15 lbs at a year and even full grown he's smaller than average for an adult male. Yes, we did all sorts of testing but the DNA thing wasn't available then. He had monthly weight/height checks from the time he was 2 months old, bone age x-rays done yearly from the time he was 3 or so. It was believed that although he was producing growth hormone, it wasn't being absorbed the right way in his body. He's now, at pushing 30, 5' 7" and about 135 lbs. He also looks like he's 17 or so. 

Kids are weird little beings...Love them dearly but its a lifetime of worry and anxiety (says the mom of a 37 year old)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Kids are weird little beings...Love them dearly but its a lifetime of worry and anxiety (says the mom of a 37 year old)

I used to think that I'd be done when they all reached adulthood.  My youngest is in her 30's.  It never ends.  

There's a line from the movie "Parenthood":  " Parenthood doesn't end when they're eighteen or twenty-one or forty one or sixty-one; it never, never ends. It's like your Aunt Edna's ass, it goes on forever and it's just as frightening. There is no end zone, you never cross the finish line, spike the ball and do your touchdown dance, never."

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 7
  • Love 3

It never ends. If I remember correctly, my 70 year old dad was at an event at my Grandpa's assisted living center. My Grandpa told my Dad that he had had enough pie!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 37
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Xan said:

I used to think that I'd be done when they all reached adulthood.  My youngest is in her 30's.  It never ends.  

There's a line from the movie "Parenthood":  " Parenthood doesn't end when they're eighteen or twenty-one or forty one or sixty-one; it never, never ends. It's like your Aunt Edna's ass, it goes on forever and it's just as frightening. There is no end zone, you never cross the finish line, spike the ball and do your touchdown dance, never."

no, it NEVER ends...guess who had to look at the listings for 28 houses when my older son and daughter in law were house-hunting? Guess who gets hit up with questions about grad school, mortgage rates, buying a car (like what should I buy?), kids (their own), you name it? 

See...according to them, mom is the closest thing they know to an omnipotent being...smarter and faster than Google. I'm flattered but damn...

• Haha 23
  • Love 4

I wanted to breastfeed, tried everything, but I am in that percentage of women who don't lactate. 20 years on I'm sill pissed I was cheated out of the breastfeeding experience. So I'm grateful that formula was available to feed my children since my body failed me, there was something there to replace what I couldn't do.  I had a lot of disappointment in the birthing process and breastfeeding, I wanted natural child birth, where my body followed its own instincts and had the baby, with a doctor/midwife there for medical care. Didn't happen, 1st baby was a high risk pregnancy, was being monitored for preeclampsia. When my waters broke at 36 weeks, it was just a leak but because of the preeclampsia risk, dr induced labor, so a nice long pitocen labor was what I got, when I wanted I quite midwife birth with my husband. After 22 hours of labor 4 hours of pushing, I finally had a c/section, my body was not made to have babies.  So while I mourn my inability  to give birth and feed my children. Through the grace of science and advancement I survived and my children did as well.  Had I been born 100 years earlier, I would have died in childbirth. 

This is why I never judge how a mom feeds her kids or if she had, a scheduled c/section or an induction date, we don't know what mama really wanted. We don't always get what we want out of life. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 23

On 10/25/2019 at 6:12 PM, princessmahina said:

A Duggar-Kardashian crossover? Mind actually blown. 

I don't follow the Kardashians much, but they do identify publicly as Christian--plenty of pics of Kris taking kids to church, one of the daughters talking about how they were raised to give 10 percent to the church, etc. Given Jboob and the Mommonster's penchant for greed and exploitation, I can see a Battle of the Christians/Meeting of the Christians/however they want to spin it, being shopped around.

• Upvote 4

I'm not surprised at all. After all, Ben also raps... every time I see this I crack up so much ?

Edited by fluffernutter
added context
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

21 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I'm not surprised at all. After all, Ben also raps... every time I see this I crack up so much ?

That moment truly is the gift that keeps on giving. It might be the most charitable thing anyone associated with this family has ever done ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

Jessa posted a video of Ben holding Ivy while he was eating Ice cream and now he is being shamed for not feeding her a bit, people think he is being cruel nit giving her it, when she is just looking at him not caring, Jessa responded saying at five months old Ivy has only had breast milk and doesn't know what food is. People were saying I gave my two month ice cream and it didn't do them harm. 

• Upvote 3
  • Angry 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 32

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Good for Jessa. A 5 month old doesn't need ice cream, and doesn't have hurt feelings because daddy's eating some and she didn't get any. Sheesh. Get over it people.

It must be the first time a Duggar has been shamed for not giving her child junk. 

The video was a cute video of Ben and Ivy. Some of the comments were then deleted. 

• Upvote 16

Also Seewald seniors are vacationing /Celebrating their anniversary  in England and Scotland and they have thanked Jessa and Ben on sponsoring the trip !

• Upvote 11

17 minutes ago, Fundielandobserver said:

Also Seewald seniors are vacationing /Celebrating their anniversary  in England and Scotland and they have thanked Jessa and Ben on sponsoring the trip !

That was very sweet of Ben and Jessa.

However, I'd be embarrassed as hell if my kids were pitching in for my vacations.  I see it as my job to do that for them.

Is it any wonder why they were so willing to marry Ben off at 17?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

That was very sweet of Ben and Jessa.
However, I'd be embarrassed as hell if my kids were pitching in for my vacations.  I see it as my job to do that for them.
Is it any wonder why they were so willing to marry Ben off at 17?

See i read it as they could have shouted them a meal out or something while they are overseas.

If my parents had an anniversary and they were heading overseas to celebrate id offer $$ to put towards a special meal out.

Fundies word shit weird, “sponsored” is an odd turn of phrase.
  • Upvote 9

29 minutes ago, Fundielandobserver said:

Looks like they also grifted a very fancy-looking steak dinner from their daughter Jessica and her new husband Phillips.

Two obvervations about this trip:

1. I have no issue with adult children gifting their parents something nice if they can afford it. Usually, that happens once the children are a little older with an established career. Not when they are 24, have no (known) job and three young kids with a stay at home wife (in Ben's case), or when they are 22, newly married, and just started out as a cop.

2. Which leads me to my second point, how the fuck can Jessa and Ben afford to pay for his parents' entire trip to England and Scotland? That must have set them back several thousand dollars. HOW are they making that much money?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

8 hours ago, JillyO said:

Looks like they also grifted a very fancy-looking steak dinner from their daughter Jessica and her new husband Phillips.

Two obvervations about this trip:

1. I have no issue with adult children gifting their parents something nice if they can afford it. Usually, that happens once the children are a little older with an established career. Not when they are 24, have no (known) job and three young kids with a stay at home wife (in Ben's case), or when they are 22, newly married, and just started out as a cop.

2. Which leads me to my second point, how the fuck can Jessa and Ben afford to pay for his parents' entire trip to England and Scotland? That must have set them back several thousand dollars. HOW are they making that much money?

See the above posts, and your point #1 - sounds like J&B probably gave them $ toward a dinner, too, and the elders just phrased their thanks oddly.

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic