IGNORED

Bates 27: I Want My Bates TV

Georgiana

I have since then found the answer to the question I posed...Sorry, it wasn't coming up before! 

Edited by BeccaGrim
Found the answer to my question.

12 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Katie Bates is in an IG story sitting next to a guy in a bumber/race/I'm not sure what it is car who's name seems to be Travis Clark. Do we know him? 

Yeah we’ve seen him before. Katie put a pic on her story a couple weeks ago with Kelly, Travis, and his mom at a place in NJ. We started speculating that they are “special friends” or whatever crap they’re calling it these days, and this seems to continue that idea. I guess we’ll see two weddings in the next couple years with her and Trace both having a significant other. 

• Upvote 8

Yeah we’ve seen him before. Katie put a pic on her story a couple weeks ago with Kelly, Travis, and his mom at a place in NJ. We started speculating that they are “special friends” or whatever crap they’re calling it these days, and this seems to continue that idea. I guess we’ll see two weddings in the next couple years with her and Trace both having a significant other. 

Public Instagram. Travis Clark. Singer of Christian Music, poser for pictures. Graduated from an actual (Christian) High School.

• Upvote 1

Oh god a skirt on that. Would piss me right off. Give me some comfy shorts easy to move in. I’m unco and would be flashing my knickers to everyone. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh god a skirt on that. Would piss me right off. Give me some comfy shorts easy to move in. I’m unco and would be flashing my knickers to everyone. 

Somehow this is more modest though :dance:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15

Obviously dating.

More obviously, pants are way way way more modest than a skirt for the riding activity. But surprisingly no problem for Kelly.

So now, what? Another 19 year old bride? Another 20 year old mom?. Katie loved reading, she was a good student who wanted to be a nurse but was *encouraged* to study cosmetology. I feel that she's being pushed to have her sisters' way of life, and I wonder if she would like to pursue a different dream.

Some day frustration will explode. It always do. I don't know if it will happen to Katie or to Erin or one of the others. But some of the Bates girls are leaving up their dreams at a very young age and they can eventually regret it and blame their parents (althought probably will never say it loud). 

• Upvote 23

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Obviously dating.

More obviously, pants are way way way more modest than a skirt for the riding activity. But surprisingly no problem for Kelly.

So now, what? Another 19 year old bride? Another 20 year old mom?. Katie loved reading, she was a good student who wanted to be a nurse but was *encouraged* to study cosmetology. I feel that she's being pushed to have her sisters' way of life, and I wonder if she would like to pursue a different dream.

Some day frustration will explode. It always do. I don't know if it will happen to Katie or to Erin or one of the others. But some of the Bates girls are leaving up their dreams at a very young age and they can eventually regret it and blame their parents (althought probably will never say it loud). 

I was so dissapointed when Katie said they had convinced her to try cosmetology. She had been saying her dream was to be a nurse for years. I guess at least she can have a job, since Travis is just starting college this year. But i still have hope that this is going to be a very long courtship, sure Alyssa and Josie married young, but their partnerts were older than them and had stablished careers. Travis is just a baby himself, just fresh out of highchool. Does he really want to be married in the next year, and a father in the next one? How is he supposed to provide for a family?

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, llucie said:

I was so dissapointed when Katie said they had convinced her to try cosmetology. She had been saying her dream was to be a nurse for years. I guess at least she can have a job, since Travis is just starting college this year. But i still have hope that this is going to be a very long courtship, sure Alyssa and Josie married young, but their partnerts were older than them and had stablished careers. Travis is just a baby himself, just fresh out of highchool. Does he really want to be married in the next year, and a father in the next one? How is he supposed to provide for a family?

I’m hoping as a last resort that this is a Duck Dynasty situation.  John Luke married at 18. They both went to Liberty, graduated, no babies for 5 years and they’re only now having a kid at 23. Still young but it’s the best case scenario in these situations. 

I always had hope for Katie. She seemed determined. But she went the cosmetology route instead. But she’s also the last adult daughter in the house. Probably feeling all kinds of pressure. Probably can’t wait to leave that house for any reason.  

Edited by OyToTheVey
  • Upvote 16

On 8/9/2019 at 6:54 AM, Casserole said:

... when it comes to voting any of my potential rights away. During the last election, the Hasidic community in Rockland shared that they do whatever the kehilla decides and do one bloc vote. Surprisingly this bloc vote went to Hillary so it worked out, but it's a highly religious community of 15,000 people who will blindly do and vote for whoever they are told; that has the potential to be very dangerous, and while it wasn't this time around, it's still something I keep an eye on. 

Also, I believe there have been cases, at least in Israel, of ultra Orthodox men harassing young ultra Orthodox girls whose clothing was deemed not modest enough. There have also been ultra Orthodox men who demand women move from their purchased seat on airplanes and buses so that they don't have to sit next to them. 

I don't care what an adult's personal clothing choices or boundaries with members of the opposite sex are, but if you think you get to force me to sit somewhere else or police the sartorial choices of fourth graders on the street, then we have a problem. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 8/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, Sar4186 said:

I’m 33 and have lived in the south all of my life and have no idea who he is ??‍♀️

How much do you know about the Civil War?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I just hope that since this guy is young just like Katie, they decide to have a long courtship. I’m talking Michael and Brandon long. These two should not be teens when they marry. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

I'm confused, his Instagram shows him cozying up to another girl, a brunette?

Pretty sure that's his sister, lol

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, llg1234 said:

Pretty sure that's his sister, lol

I was just going to post the same thing! If you check the tags and other posts, it’s definitely his sisters. Fundie sibling relationships gross me out for exactly this reason: sometimes it really does look like the siblings are boyfriend and girlfriend. 

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I was just going to post the same thing! If you check the tags and other posts, it’s definitely his sisters. Fundie sibling relationships gross me out for exactly this reason: sometimes it really does look like the siblings are boyfriend and girlfriend. 

I always say that I don’t believe it’s any indication of sexual incest. However I do believe many fundies use their opposite sex siblings as “practice boyfriends/girlfriends.” Meaning they will go out on dates and pose together like a couple. They will spill their heart out to someone of the opposite sex because really they want to spill their heart out to a romantic partner. They are allowed to hug and hang all over a sibling but they can’t touch anyone else of the opposite sex. All the strict courtship rules make it so fundies will do this. And it creeps people out. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

Are there more fundie siblings that go on dates? I thought only the Rodrigues kids did that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CarrotCake said:

Are there more fundie siblings that go on dates? I thought only the Rodrigues kids did that.

Ohhh no. The Bontragers are actually worse than the Rods. The Wissmanns constantly pose like fundie couples on instagram too. A lot of fundie families do this. I blame the courtship model for it. 

• Upvote 14
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ohhh no. The Bontragers are actually worse than the Rods. The Wissmanns constantly pose like fundie couples on instagram too. A lot of fundie families do this. I blame the courtship model for it. 

I don't follow them (yet), maybe I should...

I don't follow them (yet), maybe I should...

Ohhh the Bontragers are VERY snarkworthy! If it's still online somewhere watch the wedding between Chelsy Bontrager and John Maxwell. That one was a snarkfest!

• Upvote 7

38 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Ohhh the Bontragers are VERY snarkworthy! If it's still online somewhere watch the wedding between Chelsy Bontrager and John Maxwell. That one was a snarkfest!

Any tip on where to start? Is there a topic somewhere to start? 

Ready to dive in some new rabbit hole

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic