IGNORED

Bates 27: I Want My Bates TV

Georgiana

15 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

I wonder if after Katie and Trace move out, (which will happen in 2020 for both of them I bet) will the attention turn to Lawson and Nathan to settle down?

I agree that Katie and Trace will likely get married and move out in 2020. 

I do wonder once Katie and Trace are gone what Lawson and Nathan (turning 28 and 27 in 2020) will do. The next oldest kid will be 17 year old Jackson and I imagine it might start feeling a bit weird for the men to still be home. Of course, with how Gil and Kelly stretch the truth, maybe they already moved out and are hiding it from us. 

It will also be weird to not have any weddings on the horizon. All the current teens are boys who will need to set up careers before marrying. No Bates daughter weddings for at least five years. Bet Kelly is furiously devising some plan for relevance as we speak. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Also, how did they treat their horses? 

There are two stories. There is the first story that I believe is the truth. On their blog Kelly posted that they had bought horses for Lawson to use in the western themed pictures and movies that he was making at that time. The horses were shown on their show, or on the Duggar show, I can't remember which, and the horses looked starving. On top of that they were shown riding and putting children on these obviously underweight horses. It was so bad that TLC edited the show to remove some of the worst bits for reruns. 

The second story that came about after there was all the outrage about the horses was that they had rescued starving horses and were working on rehabilitating them. I do not believe this one. I think it is most likely what Kelly and Gil came up with after they realized the horses were giving them bad press. Especially since this was during the period they admitted Lawson was buying groceries. If they couldn't afford to feed their kids then they didn't have money to feed horses. 

They were also putting small children on horses with no shoes or helmets or even real supervision. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

No Bates daughter weddings for at least five years. Bet Kelly is furiously devising some plan for relevance as we speak. 

I would be shocked if they're still on TV in five years. The married kids are probably gonna keep being baby cannons so there's that, but people have got to get bored of that eventually, right? Hell, I'm bored and I get my jollies by talking shit about them on the internet, so it's not like I'm used to an immensely exciting life. 

I don't buy the rescue horse story either. No way in hell does anyone in that house have the knowledge or skills to rehabilitate a horse. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

At what age do we start a thread for a Bates kid? I just realized that Katie is 19 (I thought she was 17 -- she just seems so young!). Since she's not a minor, should we create a thread for her? Or do we wait until she's 21 or until she starts courting?

In other words, what's the proper FJ etiquette??

• Upvote 3

On 10/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, Seculardaisy said:

I know we all already knew that the Bates treat their animals like garbage but watching them build their chocolate lab a dog house to sleep on the porch broke my heart in last nights episode. Especially hearing the following exchange.

One of the Bates men: “I thought Mom was going to let Johnny (the dog) live inside the house.”

Gill: “OH NO!”

And those a-holes couldn’t even be bothered to build the dog house correctly. When all was said and done they had a bunch of extra parts including metal supporting pieces for the walls inside the dog house.

#FreeJohnny

Poor JJ.  This pretty puppy deserves better owners than the Bates.  I guess Chad the  handyman wasn't available to build them a fancy dog house.

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I know we all already knew that the Bates treat their animals like garbage but watching them build their chocolate lab a dog house to sleep on the porch broke my heart in last nights episode. Especially hearing the following exchange.

One of the Bates men: “I thought Mom was going to let Johnny (the dog) live inside the house.”

Gill: “OH NO!”

And those a-holes couldn’t even be bothered to build the dog house correctly. When all was said and done they had a bunch of extra parts including metal supporting pieces for the walls inside the dog house.

#FreeJohnny

This whole story about where Johnny will live just seems like 1) they don't know how to take good care of animals, 2) Gil is a control-freak and has to be the ultimate decision-maker, and 3) they try to cover-up and truth-stretch. Just compare the quotes above with the following quotation of what is on their blog:

Nathan Bates: "My mom wants Johnny Junior to be an in-house dog."
Kelly Bates: "I'm begging, bring that puppy in!"
Zach Bates: "Evidently, people are tired of just having one shoe left."

While Kelly wants to bring Johnny Junior inside, some of the other Bates are against it. So Gil and Zach and some of the kids put together a dog house for JJ.

I suspect that either someone's lying or they just have really poor communication.

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I suspect that either someone's lying or they just have really poor communication.

Lying. They always resort to lies when the truth isn't convenient. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I do wonder once Katie and Trace are gone what Lawson and Nathan (turning 28 and 27 in 2020) will do. The next oldest kid will be 17 year old Jackson and I imagine it might start feeling a bit weird for the men to still be home. Of course, with how Gil and Kelly stretch the truth, maybe they already moved out and are hiding it from us.

I think Nathan has already effectively moved out. He's been piloting and working as a pilot instructor for a long time now, including long stints at an airfield in Mississippi.  He may still keep a bed and his childhood junk at Gil and Kelly's, but he probably only spends time there when there's a family event or if he's between jobs/assignments. They may all think that means he's still living there (including Nathan himself!), but I bet he comes and goes as he pleases and sleeps away from home 90% of the time.

He does have a career, but remember that he's been burned once by courtship (Ashley). I suspect he'll turn up with a lovely fiancee on his arm some day, having gone rather further past hand sex than a chaperone would allow, and while G&K will play off the lack of notice as saving it for the show, in actual fact he'll be forcing a fait accompli down their throats.

• Upvote 18
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, nausicaa said:

agree that Katie and Trace will likely get married and move out in 2020. 

I don’t think they’ll get married, they are siblings.  ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21

10 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

I think Nathan has already effectively moved out. He's been piloting and working as a pilot instructor for a long time now, including long stints at an airfield in Mississippi.  He may still keep a bed and his childhood junk at Gil and Kelly's, but he probably only spends time there when there's a family event or if he's between jobs/assignments. They may all think that means he's still living there (including Nathan himself!), but I bet he comes and goes as he pleases and sleeps away from home 90% of the time.

He does have a career, but remember that he's been burned once by courtship (Ashley). I suspect he'll turn up with a lovely fiancee on his arm some day, having gone rather further past hand sex than a chaperone would allow, and while G&K will play off the lack of notice as saving it for the show, in actual fact he'll be forcing a fait accompli down their throats.

I actually see Nathan as a patriartical, Old Testament zealot, so while he might show up with a lovely fiancee, I guess it will be a strict courtship. With some obedient, Proverbs whatever female ready to have a strong headship.

I've been thinking Ashley and Lawson might have been a better match. They seem to both like the help-the-kids-on-instagram, personal come to Jesus hipster thing, selfies and the more urban part of life.

• Upvote 16

11 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I don’t think they’ll get married, they are siblings.  ?

I think what was meant was, Trace and Chaney, and Katie and Travis. Maybe we'll finally get the double wedding that I think UP always wanted.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, Perrierwithlemon said:

At what age do we start a thread for a Bates kid? I just realized that Katie is 19 (I thought she was 17 -- she just seems so young!). Since she's not a minor, should we create a thread for her? Or do we wait until she's 21 or until she starts courting?

When she is seriously dating enough for the guy to be a story line or she tells Kelly to fuck off so she can go to nursing  school. The single guys who have their own threads  usually have something going on like being an arrogant asshole (Lawson), being a misogynist asshole (Nathan) or being a clueless asshole (Trace).

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Nouns
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

On 10/6/2019 at 2:28 PM, Perrierwithlemon said:

There is no set age or hard and fast rule.  It's frequently when they start an instagram account or start courting/dating/having a "special friend" or doing something on their own outside the family pack.  I had time to look and Katie has an instagram account with photos of her young man so it's a fine time.  It was also taking over this thread so welcome to

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

In case anyone skipped over this: 

#TrainUpAChild 

???

I certainly did skip over this. Who used that horrible hashtag and when?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

There is no set age or hard and fast rule.  It's frequently when they start an instagram account or start courting/dating/having a "special friend" or doing something on their own outside the family pack.  I had time to look and Katie has an instagram account with photos of her young man so it's a fine time.  It was also taking over this thread so welcome to

I really prefer my "when she tells Kelly to fuck off" standard.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I really prefer my "when she tells Kelly to fuck off" standard.

Something we'd like to see for sure, but we might never get new threads for any of the kids.  :)  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I certainly did skip over this. Who used that horrible hashtag and when?

Travis' uncle, posting in IG about their ridiculous non accredited college.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Travis' uncle, posting in IG about their ridiculous non accredited college.

It was about their primary and secondary school so even worst since there are children there. Such a weird hashtag to use...It kinda implies they do physical punishment in the school.

By the way maybe its just me but i would find it so claustrophobic if i was him, basically going from a family run school to a family run college. And if he misses them he also has the family run church on sundays!

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

In case anyone skipped over this: 

#TrainUpAChild 

???

I know it sets all of our collective teeth on edge because of the Pearls' horrible book TTUAC, but I think in this context the hashtag merely refers to the same bible verse the Pearls got that title from (Proverbs 22:6):

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Still not great (I HATE the concept of child training - it's your kid, not a dancing monkey ffs), but I don't think it's related to the Pearls in this specific case.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I did notice on this past week's episode that Callie's technique with the piano is so much better than Erin's angry punches at the keys. I believe they said Carlin taught her, so in a rare moment here, I'm going to congratulate Carlin on managing to teach Callie with good results. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3

Callie played beautifully. She's 10? Seems like a natural to me. Erins playing is always so forced to me. Carlin did a really good job at teaching Callie. Her playing is really relaxed and smooth.

• Upvote 11

Maybe Bates have a music teacher of some sort for the younger ones? Carlin is not a music teacher, not even a pianist herself, so I doubt she can teach piano to the point of making Callie play with a good technique. Well, maybe Callie is naturally good with music, like Erin, so just some poor lessons have been enough for her. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maybe Bates have a music teacher of some sort for the younger ones? Carlin is not a music teacher, not even a pianist herself, so I doubt she can teach piano to the point of making Callie play with a good technique. Well, maybe Callie is naturally good with music, like Erin, so just some poor lessons have been enough for her. 

Actually Carlin was studying music at Crown before she transfered to Liberty, the same degree Erin has. Kelly said on last week live that both Erin (at first) and later Carlin were Callie piano teachers. But since they are married now and too busy they are looking for a new teacher. I hope they find one, since Callie seems to have a natural talent and it would be such a shame for her to drop piano lessons.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic