IGNORED

Lori Alexander 69: cold, angry, mean and racist

12 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Not her fangirls. 

Those are there to "be taught" by Lori! ( Everything that she isn't entitled to teach)

• Upvote 7

From today's post:

Women frequently ask me if it’s okay for them to go back to work when all of their children are raised. I can’t find anywhere scripturally where this is a command for them! 

1. Why are they asking Lori if it's okay for them to do something?  Who cares why Lori thinks?

2. Lots of things aren't "commanded".  Like, missing your mom's passing, so you can spend the entire summer vacationing in Door County.  Blogging. Monitoring the internet for "a majority of the day".  None of those things are "commanded", but it sure doesn't stop Lori from doing them.

Nope, the Apostle Paul didn’t command that they go out and get jobs.

So now Lori gets her commandments from Paul?  Is that a thing?  

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

Mr. 05 can do whatever he wants with his toothpaste. It's his. He buys it. I don't know where he keeps it. He has a bathroom and I have a bathroom. And we both have our own toothpaste. We don't like the same toothpaste. 

I assume this means I hate God and his ways? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 4

Lori does NONE of the things that she says an older "empty nester" should be doing.

She doesn't volunteer or care for those less fortunate than her. She doesn't even go to a church and volunteer to hold babies for an hour so that mom can go to service. (Not that I would want Lori holding my baby after how she raised her own, but let's ignore that for right now.) She can go to school and read with kids. She could work at a library - most of them love volunteers to do extra projects. But nope. She just wants to sit on her ass all day long.

All today's post is the mental gymnastics Lori does so that SHE doesn't have to go to work.

Guess what? I like working. We need both incomes to survive (as does almost everyone), but if one of us could stay home, it probably wouldn't be me. My husband hates his job - he hates work in general. He's told me that if I pursue something that made more money, he'd be happy to stay home and care for the house and kids. I would be just fine with this if finances allowed for it.

But in Lori's eyes, he's not a man and I'm an evil harlot......

• Upvote 18

7 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

And we both have our own toothpaste. We don't like the same toothpaste.

ditto in our house.   Mr. SongRed buys this expensive stuff, and I like the stuff of my youth, the old-fashioned (and very inexpensive) UltraBrite! hahahah

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

28 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Lori does NONE of the things that she says an older "empty nester" should be doing.

She doesn't volunteer or care for those less fortunate than her. She doesn't even go to a church and volunteer to hold babies for an hour so that mom can go to service. (Not that I would want Lori holding my baby after how she raised her own, but let's ignore that for right now.) She can go to school and read with kids. She could work at a library - most of them love volunteers to do extra projects. But nope. She just wants to sit on her ass all day long.

All today's post is the mental gymnastics Lori does so that SHE doesn't have to go to work.

Guess what? I like working. We need both incomes to survive (as does almost everyone), but if one of us could stay home, it probably wouldn't be me. My husband hates his job - he hates work in general. He's told me that if I pursue something that made more money, he'd be happy to stay home and care for the house and kids. I would be just fine with this if finances allowed for it.

But in Lori's eyes, he's not a man and I'm an evil harlot......

Exactly.  What good works does Lori do?  When has she ever relieved the afflicted?  I have asked her directly for suggestions of ways to help others, as her Bible commands, and others have asked the same thing.  I have yet to see her actually answer the question, instead of ignore or delete.  

And just IMO: If switching up the 'traditional' roles works for you and your husband, good for you!  Lori can take her ignorant, bigoted, hateful opinions and stick them where the sun don't shine.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Fuck this coddling shit. I personally don't know any woman who would put up with it...I doubt my sons would either. #1 son's wife is a firecracker. Forget that "submissive Asian" stereotype. She is anything BUT "submissive". She owns her own business, takes care of her shit, survives just fine during his business trips. I have no fear that if he told her to put the cap on the toothpaste for him there'd be some bloodshed. 

Ha ha, nope. None of that stereotype in my husband's family, either. His mother (God rest her soul), aunties, cousins--not a submissive stereotype in the bunch. I guarantee you the men in their lives ALWAYS put the lid down. :laughing-rolling:

53 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

ditto in our house.   Mr. SongRed buys this expensive stuff, and I like the stuff of my youth, the old-fashioned (and very inexpensive) UltraBrite! hahahah

Pepsodent fan here! My husband hates it, so he gets the Colgate. I used to love Ultrabrite, I had no idea it was still being made. I might have to make a switch. :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I can’t find anywhere scripturally where this is a command for them! 

This is actually a Lori-ism. I hate the word command now. If there isn't a prohibition, there doesn't need to be a "command" to do everything that is possible to do in life. She is so very intellectually challenged. She uses this command nonense to support her personal opinion that women should be chained to their homes. She is lazy and wants a bilblical justification for being that way.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

Hygiene aside, if these men truly respected the work their wives did in the home, wouldn’t they put caps on toothpaste, toilet lids down, dirty socks and clothes in hampers, etc? I can guess there would be hell to pay of these women went to their husband’s place of employment and behaved in a similar fashion. 

But these men don’t respect their wives or the work they do. They want their women at home because they derive some sort of false manliness out of having a submissive wife at home. They feel threatened by women so they try and control it by saying women should be at home. They want oodles of kids because that proves conquest and an active sex life. 

They are all disgusting. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8

26 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Hygiene aside, if these men truly respected the work their wives did in the home, wouldn’t they put caps on toothpaste, toilet lids down, dirty socks and clothes in hampers, etc? I can guess there would be hell to pay of these women went to their husband’s place of employment and behaved in a similar fashion. 

But these men don’t respect their wives or the work they do. They want their women at home because they derive some sort of false manliness out of having a submissive wife at home. They feel threatened by women so they try and control it by saying women should be at home. They want oodles of kids because that proves conquest and an active sex life. 

They are all disgusting. 

I want to give you a slow clap, with increasing speed standing ovation.

Exactly, if the men acted like this at work, they would be shammed or ridiculed. I worked on a factory floor making steel office furniture (very greasy/dirty work with raw steel) and the people that didn't clean up after lunch or didn't sweep up the metal shavings before each break were teased until the complied. I have worked in an office or school setting for the last 20 years and the men (so far no women) that leave nasty coffee mugs around are teased and told they are slobs. Several of them have not taken the hint and so we all think they live like slobs at home. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Lori Alexander 2is so stupid. She is so incredibly lazy and stupid that she doesn't do anything that she doesn't really, really enjoy without being "commanded" to do it, I think. I wonder if Ken reminded her women are "commanded" to be wives to get her to say yes to his proposal? I'm sure at some point he reminded her that women are "commanded" to give men their 10 minutes and lube, and that they are "commanded" to be submissive. If she were smarter, I'd wonder if this all wasn't a really elaborate prank to go over the top on Ken's requests, but she's not. She really is this stupid. She "learned to love" Ken and her kids because she was "commanded" to. She pretends to have compassion and sympathy (toward men) because she is "commanded" to be submissive to them and she thinks women are "commanded" to be compassionate and sympathetic. To men. 

God didn't specifically command "thou shalt not kick your cat", so she's good there. And while  the Bible does use words that can be twisted into meaning "women should make sure their families are fed" it doesn't specifically say women have to make food their family will like. So, Lori made her big slimy salmonella cat food salad, knowing full well Ken and the kids wouldn't want to eat it. She's made sure there's food made, they could choose to eat it if they wanted to. She fulfilled the letter of the command. 

I wouldn't even be too surprised if this is part of how she reasoned out staying on vacation once her mother had died. Got to honor your father and mother, but she's dead now so no worries! Check that "command" off the list.

I've expressed frequently that I think Lori has a combo of innate stupidity, some sort of psychopathic personality disorder, and a brain injury/cognitive decline. I'm no doctor, but I really believe something is terribly wrong with her. But I'm not sympathetic toward her. (I feel like I should be, because that's what's expected of me, but I'm really not.) She is actively harming people, and if she keeps declining at this rate, she might be in assisted living herself before too long. And hopefully they take away her computer.

I am sympathetic to her daughters who had to grow up with this wench as their mother, and deal with her passive-aggressively tearing them down online constantly. I'm sure they love her, or feel they should love her at least... but wow is she horrible. And her decline won't make her easier to deal with until it incapacitates her somewhat. The daughters would be perfectly justified in stepping back and letting Ken and the sons deal with her, but assuming they didn't inherit Lori's lack of emotional range they'll probably feel guilty about it. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Why are these women so influenced by outsiders?  Yes, there is wisdom in a multitude of counselors, but today's anonymous older woman wouldn't quit her job because she couldn't "justify" it in the eyes of other Christian women, her pastor, and Christian websites.  Never mind that she wanted to (for years), her husband was OK with it, and presumably they could afford it.  That's reason enough.  Lady, you have a brain--use it.

• Upvote 12

18 hours ago, Petronella said:

Mainly, I think Lori is stupid. I think she genuinely doesn't see the hypocrisy because that's just too complex for her.

But also, I think there's a background assumption deep in Lori that "privileged" == "blessed". I think she believes that she has support and luxuries BECAUSE she's so godly. This is what God has given her. If God has given someone else more challenges, then, well, either they've been specially chosen for the privilege of sacrifice and *shrug* lucky them! Or, well, maybe they've earned their difficulties through sinful (ie--non-Lori-approved) choices, in which case, also *shrug*.

She's just heartless.

I think this is 100% right. At the same time I am convinced that she would not be a "Christian" (quotes because she does not follow Christ at all) if she did not find justification in the Bible for her laziness, nosiness and her judgement of others. She was commanded to stay at home - not that she was a keeper of her home by any means, she was commanded to teach other women how to live - her greatest joy in life seems to come from judging others, etc. In her world God truly provides (an excuse to be as much of an asshole as possible)!

If the Bible had said: it is good for wives to have a job and provide for her family as much as the husband does or it's sin to beat your children or it's sin to have a housekeeper, she would not be writing about the will of God on the internet.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

20 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I've expressed frequently that I think Lori has a combo of innate stupidity, some sort of psychopathic personality disorder, and a brain injury/cognitive decline. I'm no doctor, but I really believe something is terribly wrong  with her.

I am sympathetic to her daughters who had to grow up with this wench as their mother, and deal with her passive-aggressively tearing them down online constantly. 

I concur that there is something going on with her- she has no right/left brain integration- she is very rigid in her thought patterns and has seemingly no ability for critical thinking, and seems to have some difficulties related to executive function. The  change in her physical appearance in the twoish years I’ve known of her is absolutely startling- that, coupled with her communication difficulties is especially worrisome. 

I am curious to see how Alyssa’s parenting journey unfolds. A lot of times, things we think weren’t an issue or things we thought we resolved pop up at various stages of life, and I suspect that the same developmental stages that elicited the harshest responses from Lori and Ken will be a trigger for her. I hope that she doesn’t embrace the same practices, but I’m not entirely hopeful. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Cora Persephona said:

If the Bible had said: it is good for wives to have a job and provide for her family as much as the husband does or it's sin to beat your children or it's sin to have a housekeeper, she would not be writing about the will of God on the internet.

I wonder what religion she would have chosen.  Maybe a hyper-oppressive version of Islam?

Just for the record, my intention here is not to criticize Islam, or people who follow Islam, I'm talking specifically about the lock your women in the house, beat your wives, total control freak version.  

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

They are all disgusting. 

Because these men are entitled to these. They are the kings of the household and needs to be threaded that way. They earn the money and the wife and kids should not only be thankfull to be "provided" by him, they should show it in submissive worship to them. And the king will never lift a finger at home, I wouldn't be surprised if any of her fanboys demand that his wife cleans his teeth, can't be bothered to lift is own hands.

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I hope that she doesn’t embrace the same practices, but I’m not entirely hopeful. 

I used to be hopeful for both Alyssa and Emily.  We knew about Erin and Ryan (force feeding Emma/making her watch them eat, but not allowing her to have any food).  Cassi apparently video chats her mom daily for advice, and defended her in the Amazon comments, so there's that.  Emily and Alyssa seemed like they might be different, though. 

Wrong.

Both have recently posted pro-spanking articles (Emily) books (Alyssa).  Hope gone.  Another generation of children hit and force fed.  It's awful.

From the article that Emily "found very encouraging":

The nature of consequences is that they are unpleasant. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be consequences! There needs to be a fair amount of pain involved in order for a child to learn not to repeat a certain misbehavior.

In His dealings with Israel, God provided for His children, guided them, reasoned with them, and punished them. At times He even punished them very harshly.

Proverbs 22:15 says, “Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; the rod of correction will remove it far from him.”

The temporary pain of a spanking or loss of privilege is nothing compared to an eternity separated from God! 

It's disgusting, and basically links lack of spanking w/ eternal damnation.  

Like I said, hope lost.  Those poor kids. 

• Upvote 6
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

I wonder what religion she would have chosen.  Maybe a hyper-oppressive version of Islam?

Just for the record, my intention here is not to criticize Islam, or people who follow Islam, I'm talking specifically about the lock your women in the house, beat your wives, total control freak version.  

Hmm, I don't think that would appeal to her. After all, she does not truly want to be controlled, she's just nominally submissive. Also, no way she gives up her daily garden tanning session (does she still do this?).

I keep going back and forth on her liking to be a sisterwife. On the one hand, she'd have to split resources and attention with other women which leads me to say no.  On the other hand, if she'd be head wife she could badger and judge her sisterwives endlessly (which, as I said before, seems to be the greatest joy in her life) + she'd only need to be available for 10 minutes and lube just once in a while. This leads me to say yes. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

On 8/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, cindyluvs24 said:

Lori is welcome to attend the iRelaunch Conference in October in NYC.  It's for women who took up to 20 years from lucrative careers to raise children and/or care for parents.  I'd be happy to speak with her and point out the flaws in her reasoning.  It would also do her good to make the acquaintance of women who not only achieved some kick-ass academic and boardroom success, but also applied those skills to running happy homes and families.

She won't.

I forgot to mention: The conference is for these women who want to return to the workforce.  That's right.  Rather than sit around, blog about everyones' shortcomings and wait to die, these gals want to get back in the game. 

• Upvote 6

There are only two commandments in the New Testament. 

Matthew 22: [37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

There are 10 commandments in the Old Testament.  The others were rules on how to run the society of Israelites.

To me, Paul gives advice, clarification, and opinion, within the context of the early Church.  

I agree with the posters above that Lori has zero critical thinking skills.  She fails miserably on the two commandments of Jesus.  If she loved God with everything within her, she would not be focused on yipping at people all day long on the Internet.  We know she doesn't love her neighbor.

As far as her being a sister-wife, if Ken had a choice he wouldn't even have to go to her for the begrudging 10 minutes.  He would find a hot potato and get rid of the cold dishrag.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Koala said:

I used to be hopeful for both Alyssa and Emily.  We knew about Erin and Ryan (force feeding Emma/making her watch them eat, but not allowing her to have any food).  Cassi apparently video chats her mom daily for advice, and defended her in the Amazon comments, so there's that.  Emily and Alyssa seemed like they might be different, though. 

Wrong.

Both have recently posted pro-spanking articles (Emily) books (Alyssa).  Hope gone.  Another generation of children hit and force fed.  It's awful.

From the article that Emily "found very encouraging":

It's disgusting, and basically links lack of spanking w/ eternal damnation.  

Like I said, hope lost.  Those poor kids. 

Loss of a privilege and spanking are NOT the same things. The author of that article is so clueless. So weird that plenty of teachers seem able to manage their classroom and deal with poor behavior without ever laying a finger on a child. Somehow I've managed to control a group of preschoolers or toddlers daily and manage poor behavior that comes up without using any sort of pain. It's about respect and logical consequences to a behavior. Maybe it's not being allowed to participate in an activity, maybe it's a short time-out because they just need a moment alone or away from others, maybe it's just having a little chat, maybe it's just letting them throw a fit safely and ignoring a behavior that's attention-seeking while finding ways to offer positive attention later. Many ways to handle a negative behavior WITHOUT ever physically harming a child. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

Speaking of leaving the seat down....

https://wpde.com/news/local/the-key-to-making-love-last-long-time-couples-share-advice-reflect-on-memories

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Cora Persephona said:

Hmm, I don't think that would appeal to her. After all, she does not truly want to be controlled, she's just nominally submissive. Also, no way she gives up her daily garden tanning session (does she still do this?).

I keep going back and forth on her liking to be a sisterwife. On the one hand, she'd have to split resources and attention with other women which leads me to say no.  On the other hand, if she'd be head wife she could badger and judge her sisterwives endlessly (which, as I said before, seems to be the greatest joy in her life) + she'd only need to be available for 10 minutes and lube just once in a while. This leads me to say yes. 

If Lori could be the boss bitch, and control everyone else, including their husband (while appearing to be sweet and submissive, of course)...yeah, that might work for her.  No matter what her life circumstances, she would be constantly seeking exceptions for herself, and making life hell for anyone who dared to do anything outside of her narrowly defined 'perfect ways.'  

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Loss of a privilege and spanking are NOT the same things. The author of that article is so clueless. So weird that plenty of teachers seem able to manage their classroom and deal with poor behavior without ever laying a finger on a child. Somehow I've managed to control a group of preschoolers or toddlers daily and manage poor behavior that comes up without using any sort of pain. It's about respect and logical consequences to a behavior. Maybe it's not being allowed to participate in an activity, maybe it's a short time-out because they just need a moment alone or away from others, maybe it's just having a little chat, maybe it's just letting them throw a fit safely and ignoring a behavior that's attention-seeking while finding ways to offer positive attention later. Many ways to handle a negative behavior WITHOUT ever physically harming a child. 

The whole thing made me sick.  Both Emily and Alyssa seem bent on staging perfect photos that make their lives seem *just so*, but at the end of the day, they aren't much different than Lori. 

Emily finds advice to inflict a "fair amount of pain" on her kids "very encouraging".  Alyssa hasn't even given birth yet, and she's already sharing books that promote spanking.

It's awful to read, especially for parents who have successfully raised children WITHOUT hitting/punishment, and know it can be done.

I am particularly disgusted by Emily.  How the fuck can she be "very encouraged" by the thought of hurting her kids?  My god....

• Upvote 14

• Coconut Flan locked this topic