IGNORED

Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein

VelociRapture

15 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

You are correct. I should have phrased it better -- perhaps something along the lines of HM & the BRF must be  goddamned thankful that BoJo dropped this bomb on the British public right now.

I also doubt that the Epstein matter is going away any time soon or that Andrew will be allowed to evade further scrutiny or criticism.

The whole Brexit mess is certainly a good smokescreen, but I suspect the Duke of York/Epstein mess will rumble on long after the rubble of Boris's Brexit bomb has settled.

As for BoJo, I find myself torn between 'thank God someone in Government has some balls' and 'what the hell are you doing?  Did you actually engage brain before taking action?'.  We wouldn't have ended up with the current situation if:

The referendum result had been respected by all parties

All parties had worked together instead of backstabbing and trying to block each other at every juncture

Unfortunately, the UK is now reaping the rewards of its parliament's (and for that matter its government's) inability to listen to the people and then represent them!

Edited by Syriana

31 minutes ago, Syriana said:

Unfortunately, the UK is now reaping the rewards of its parliament's (and for that matter its government's) inability to listen to the people and then represent them!

I'm hoping that the backlash and protests will help many MPs to find their backbones and actually represent the people.  They need to pass a no-confidence vote.   

As for BoJo.  He's Trump Brit-style.  A disgusting person.  Don't be mislead by his bombast and confuse it with balls.

More news:  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49504526?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-story

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The UK has a Constitution.  The problem is that it is not contained in a single document.  But that problem is also a strength because it provides for some flexibility.

And, frankly, we've been trying to take power away from the sovereign since 1215 (Magna Carta)!  Obviously there have been many tweaks since then limiting the monarch's power more.  

True. I think this is exactly the problem. The Constitution isn't an ordinate and coherent document that tries to realise a systematic vision of the state. This creates loopholes that can be difficult to foresee. Or maybe it's just that I don't understand how a system can work in this way.

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I would be loathe to increase the powers of the Constitutional Monarchy.  Lillibet has been on the throne since before I was born, but others may not be as dutiful or judicious in as QEII in exercising power.  

I can absolutely understand you on this point. Italy was a Constitutional Monarchy till WWII, if it isn't anymore it's because the king misused the power entrusted to him by the Constitution naming Mussolini as PM. So yeah, I get it.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

True. I think this is exactly the problem. The Constitution isn't an ordinate and coherent document that tries to realise a systematic vision of the state. This creates loopholes that can be difficult to foresee. Or maybe it's just that I don't understand how a system can work in this way.

I can absolutely understand you on this point. Italy was a Constitutional Monarchy till WWII, if it isn't anymore it's because the king misused the power entrusted to him by the Constitution naming Mussolini as PM. So yeah, I get it.

Well, arguably Britain has been muddling its way along for longer and more successfully  than anyone else. Its muddled (and oft reformed) process is the longest continuous political system in the world.  It has certainly been muddling along far longer than Italy.  (But, for the love of little puppies, please don't test me on the Unification of Italy!  I've mostly forgotten what I studied for O and A-levels.  I'd probably be reduced to Garibaldi.  And was Italy even properly unified in 1871 or did that not happen until the 20th century.  That curriculum ended with WWI anyway. :))

Which is not to say the British Constitution should not or can not be reformed and clarified.  I pretty much approve of most of the reforms that have happened in my lifetime.

But for the last few years I have been complaining that the USA should have the option of votes of no-confidence and the ability to call a general election more often than every 4 years.  Impeachment is not enough, especially with people inexplicably dragging their feet.

And Andrew is a shitty person.

• Upvote 8

Good grief. Yes he has chubby fingers now, but this was years ago. Also, this pic has been around for years so why wait until.now to declare it if fake?

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/prince-andrews-supporters-claim-photograph-with-virginia-roberts-giuffre-is-fake/news-story/168e65167e3e1154495a9b1594c48554

• Upvote 3

On 8/29/2019 at 2:19 PM, Blahblah said:

Good grief. Yes he has chubby fingers now, but this was years ago. Also, this pic has been around for years so why wait until.now to declare it if fake?

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/prince-andrews-supporters-claim-photograph-with-virginia-roberts-giuffre-is-fake/news-story/168e65167e3e1154495a9b1594c48554

Fucking gross.  And is that video of him in Epstein's New York apartment, waving to Epstein and a little blonde teenager?  Is that fake too?  Let me guess, Sjoberg is a liar too? 

Randy Andy want always the bloated mess he is today. 

• Upvote 7

Andrew is a piss poor judge of character and has no demonstrable common sense or good judgment. If Epstein and Co met the sisters Andrew probably thought it was fine because in his Spoiled elitist POV his sweet refined lwell bred teenage Princesses are not like Those slutty  Common Street girls from God  knows where who probably deserve and like it, ya know? 

People can justify anything to themselves if they try hard enough.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

On 9/4/2019 at 7:41 AM, acheronbeach said:

I expect we'll see soon enough if this one's true.  I wouldn't be shocked if he brought those perverts around his daughters, not anymore. 

https://blindgossip.com/dukey-party-pals/

If you can trust the NY Post, it seems to be true, except I can't find any mention of the pop star.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/08/jeffrey-epstein-harvey-weinstein-attended-party-for-prince-andrews-daughter/

• Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

In either if Prince Pervert will scuttle out of the woodwork now that his daughter's engaged.  

Then again, the royal family Instagram actually highlighted him two weeks back, so I guess they don't care about his disgusting ways.  We plebs just better accept the crimes of our betters.  /s

Edited by acheronbeach
  • Upvote 2

He has never been hiding because Legally he has nothing to fear as No one has made official complaint against him in either country. Can’t investigate without that. He could care less about what the masses  or the press think it appears.

Edited by tabitha2

24 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

He has never been hiding because Legally he has nothing to fear as No one has made official complaint against him in either country. Can’t investigate without that. He could care less about what the masses  or the press think it appears.

Virginia Roberts made a complaint to the Met police many years ago.  Despite her detailed memory, the corroborating photos and the flight logs,  police declined to investigate. 

• Upvote 3
  • Angry 1

11 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

She probably needs to do that again then.

The evidence hasn't changed.  I don't know if rapists generally don't get charged in the UK, or if Prince Andrew is being protected. If I got this file across my desk in Canada, there would be several potential charges Andrew could be facing. 

• Upvote 2

New York Post is reporting that Prince Andrew is being investigated by the FBI and they're actively seeking evidence about his connection to Epstein's sex trafficking organization. 

As part of the wider investigation, they have now identified approximately 80 who were lured by Epstein as teenage girls.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Prince Andrew has done an interview with the BBC and apparently, there was no vetting of questions.  Given the amount of airtime this sordid mess has received, any remotely competent PR rep or lawyer would be able to predict what was going to be asked...surely?  There may not have been any formal vetting of questions, but Prince Andrew will have been prepared thoroughly before sitting down to the interview (or am I just being cynical?). 

The interview airs on BBC2 on Saturday night @ 9 pm GMT, it will be interesting to see how evasive he was!

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Syriana said:

Prince Andrew has done an interview with the BBC and apparently, there was no vetting of questions.  Given the amount of airtime this sordid mess has received, any remotely competent PR rep or lawyer would be able to predict what was going to be asked...surely?  There may not have been any formal vetting of questions, but Prince Andrew will have been prepared thoroughly before sitting down to the interview (or am I just being cynical?). 

The interview airs on BBC2 on Saturday night @ 9 pm GMT, it will be interesting to see how evasive he was!

Yeah i don't believe for one second that Andrew won't have been heavily coached. I also don't believe the BBC would play hardball and risk their future relationship with the BRF. 

• I Agree 6

On 9/26/2019 at 2:11 PM, acheronbeach said:

Virginia Roberts made a complaint to the Met police many years ago.  Despite her detailed memory, the corroborating photos and the flight logs,  police declined to investigate. 

This is enraging!! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Did anyone see Prince Andrew’s interview with the BBC (it’s available on YouTube)? Who did he think he was fooling with his dumb answers? If this was the Middle Ages, he would have been exiled to a monastery by now, but no such option exists now. I don’t expect him to have to face any real consequences for his actions, but the public should at least be spared from having to look at his dumb, reject Animal House pledge face ever again.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

52 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Did anyone see Prince Andrew’s interview with the BBC (it’s available on YouTube)? Who did he think he was fooling with his dumb answers? If this was the Middle Ages, he would have been exiled to a monastery by now, but no such option exists now. I don’t expect him to have to face any real consequences for his actions, but the public should at least be spared from having to look at his dumb, reject Animal House pledge face ever again.

What a hot mess.   WTF?  I couldn't have done it because I ate pizza that night in Woking?!?

He's surrounded by RPO's documenting his every movement.   Surely there would be transaction records. Surely staff would recall a prince's retinue arriving at Pizza Express. But unlike Virginia Roberts, Prince Andrew hasn't brought the receipts. 

Even if he was eating pizza, who cares? After dinner, there's still plenty of hours left in the evening. 

Edited by acheronbeach
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

This is exactly why the Queen Mother said “never complain, never explain”. This interview was a massive mistake. If there was ever any doubt left, Andrew definitely looks guilty as fuck now. The headlines were out there for years in the uk and it might have blown over again (if he laid low) but now there is a big bright spotlight on him. 

Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Is that a way of the BRF to cut him loose? Does he have the same PR team as Harry and Meghan? Just have a look at twitter. Even the area licking royal reporters cannot say anything good about it. “I didn’t sweat at the time.” Seriously? This interview is a whole new level of cringe.

I am sure he could claim that he never knew someone he met was underage- even though I am sure he must have suspected. So he will come out of it without getting persecuted. But the damage is there and rightly so. The fact that he didn’t drop Epstein like a hot potato after the first accusations is still a mystery to me. The Queen always showed horrible lack of judgement around her children but her team should have warned her that this is a pretty different sort of scandal.

I am not sure how the BRF can get rid of it now. Just disappearing won’t do it anymore I guess. Someone wrote, “he better shouldn’t travel to Paris anytime soon” and I admit I had to chuckle. Hopefully his charities cut all ties with him. Beatrice should consider to have her wedding in Italy. I don’t think the press or public would be nice to her.

What I didn’t know, but I haven’t read much about it, is that Bill Clinton was also involved? Wow, now I wonder who else was a guest and gets away with not even as much as a hand slap. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

What I didn’t know, but I haven’t read much about it, is that Bill Clinton was also involved? Wow, now I wonder who else was a guest and gets away with not even as much as a hand slap. 

I think we'd be surprised at how many people are involved. There's no reason why this investigation had to die with Epstein, unless it's a bunch of higher-ups covering their dirty tracks. 

As for this interview... I am baffled at how this got approved. I'm not sure who thought this would be a good idea. 

• I Agree 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

As I recall, Bill Clinton used the Lolita Express to go on overseas trips, as if a former president couldn’t get a private plane from anywhere or anyone else. I guess he’ll agree with the prince that “it was convenient.” Also, is not being able a sweat even medically possible? It seems that if a person was physically unable to sweat, they’d overheat and die, but I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic