IGNORED

Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein

VelociRapture

6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

s that Bill Clinton was also involved? Wow, now I wonder who else was a guest and gets away with not even as much as a hand slap. 

Probably our current president.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I don't know what good an interview was supposed to do, unless he's afraid to appear afraid?  As far as I know all anyone is saying about him is that he was around Epstein and Maxwell, and was seen being familiar with a 17 year old. As icky as it might be, 17 isn't illegal.  

He said he couldn't sweat because of being under stress in the past, why would that make him unable to sweat from physical exertion like dancing? 

He mentioned knowing Ghislaine Maxwell better than Jeffrey Epstein, does he know she has just as awful a reputation as he did?

I hope all the truth comes out in my lifetime. If it doesn't I'm going to be very cranky about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

53 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I don't know what good an interview was supposed to do, unless he's afraid to appear afraid?  As far as I know all anyone is saying about him is that he was around Epstein and Maxwell, and was seen being familiar with a 17 year old. As icky as it might be, 17 isn't illegal.  

It IS illegal if she’s transported for the purpose of having sex with someone. 

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

As I recall, Bill Clinton used the Lolita Express to go on overseas trips, as if a former president couldn’t get a private plane from anywhere or anyone else. I guess he’ll agree with the prince that “it was convenient.” Also, is not being able a sweat even medically possible? It seems that if a person was physically unable to sweat, they’d overheat and die, but I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV.

Yes. It is possible. It’s called anhydrosis. Not that I believe Andrew has it, as that seems way too convenient, but it is possible. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Wow. Wow. Wow.  

So this morning, I bookmarked a story from the Mirror called, "Glistening in sweat and very handsy - Prince Andrew pics defy interview claims."  It had photos of him touching people in pics and obviously sweating, contrary to his claims in that ridiculous "pizza alibi" interview.  

Now, when I go back to read the article, it's been pulled from the site and I get a 404.  URL was here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/glistening-sweat-very-handsy-prince-20905458

I mean, I know the BRF has had newspaper articles pulled before (I specifically am thinking of the Meghan Markle break-in story in the Globe) but for some reason this shocks me.  You know what some cases call it in criminal law when a person tries to hide the evidence that they did something wrong?  It's called consciousness of guilt.  I think that's apt here.  

• WTF 3

37 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Wow. Wow. Wow.  

So this morning, I bookmarked a story from the Mirror called, "Glistening in sweat and very handsy - Prince Andrew pics defy interview claims."  It had photos of him touching people in pics and obviously sweating, contrary to his claims in that ridiculous "pizza alibi" interview.  

Now, when I go back to read the article, it's been pulled from the site and I get a 404.  URL was here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/glistening-sweat-very-handsy-prince-20905458

I mean, I know the BRF has had newspaper articles pulled before (I specifically am thinking of the Meghan Markle break-in story in the Globe) but for some reason this shocks me.  You know what some cases call it in criminal law when a person tries to hide the evidence that they did something wrong?  It's called consciousness of guilt.  I think that's apt here.  

Oh, there are copies of that article as well as MANY pictures of Andrew sweating and being physically friendly out there. The internet is forever, especially if people have reason to suspect a picture, video or recording might go missing.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Does Andrew not have a single advisor who could have stopped him from making such a dumbass interview? The bit about how men can’t forget sex (BS, by the way) was as cringeworthy as Ethan Plath relating Kim’s sex talk. Even Fergie looks like a model of good sense next to this. I’m watching the new season of the Crown, and depending on how long it keeps going, this is a whole episode of about season six for sure. My favorite scene so far this season was the Prime Minister awkwardly telling the Queen the dirty limericks that Princess Margaret had shared with LBJ the night before. They have quite a lot in common, Margaret and Andrew, but at least she had the good sense not to give interviews. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Between Andrew and the Sussex’s I have got wonder what the hell is going on with Royal PR people? A big Part of the Job description is convincing  these stubborn entitled people to take wise and savvy advice so they don’t hang themselves. An overhaul is in order from the family level to the Advisors.

8 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Between Andrew and the Sussex’s I have got wonder what the hell is going on with Royal PR people? A big Part of the Job description is convincing  these stubborn entitled people to take wise and savvy advice so they don’t hang themselves. An overhaul is in order from the family level to the Advisors.

I just don’t think that’s possible. The plausibility structures that bolstered the monarchy in the past aren’t convincing anymore. 100+ years ago, it was enough to say that the royals were objectively better than ordinary people to justify the royal family. Now it’s more like, “yeah, we knows these people are ridiculous and stupid, but they do stuff for the economy.” A new PR team can’t do anything about that or the invasiveness of the modern media news cycle. The only thing that would work would be to put in harsh Lèse-majesté laws like they have in Thailand, but if that was the case, we’d all be doing hard time (seriously, if you look at the Thai king wrong, they’ll throw you in prison).

• I Agree 2

It’s not the Royal PR teams Job or right to contain the popular Media though. The Tabloid media and Internet trash site rumor mills are out of control anyway. 

Their Job is to regulate and monitor and approve what comes from the Royals in regards to interviews, official writings and Official travel. Not happening here.  Andrews Oafish interview was a media disaster for the family  and should never been allowed not to mention The Sussex’s seemingly doing whatever the hell they want. If the Media team can’t control errant stupidity in their clients then the Queen needs to. 

• Love 1

22 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I don't think that's exactly what's being alleged.  The allegation is that Ghislaine Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein were both sexual assaulters/rapists.  They groomed and selected vulnerable teens, some much younger than Virginia, and engaged in human trafficking.  Roberts was one, but there were many many others - likely hundreds, since police have supposedly identified eighty.  These girls were all over Epstein's residences and we've even seen film footage of a very young looking teen going in and out of Epstein's house while Andrew was lingering in the doorway.  

It's been alleged now that Andrew  has essentially been given human trafficked teenager as a sex object by Epstein.  Andrew made it exquisitely clear that he not only spent time in Epstein's various houses, he was and still is very close friends with Ghislaine Maxwell.  It's been reported that he invited Epstein to his teenage daughter's birthday party after Epstein had been convicted of procuring teenagers.  

The implication, beyond the gross allegations by Roberts, is that Prince Andrew knows a lot more than he's letting on.  

Edited by acheronbeach
I effed up the grammar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Let’s just say this interview was unbecoming for Andrew. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

@just_ordinary here’s a good list of people to start with, that Epstein knew:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/jeffrey-epstein-high-society-contacts.html

He had a portrait of Bill in Monica’s blue dress found in his apartment. Ghislaine Maxwell is pictured in the third row, aisle seat, of Chelsea’s wedding. They didn’t just know each other, they *knew* each other as did countless other heads of state, royalty, and rich elite. It’s not an exaggeration to say that Epstein was trafficking underage girls for the consumption of a shocking amount of the world’s elites.

If you want to just dive right on in deep into conspiracy theory land, the TrueAnon (not Qanon) podcast is a good listen. Parts are extreme, the humor is crude, but the facts are there. Every shocking thing I’ve heard and gone on to google has popped right up with a reliable news outlet reporting it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Put this another Epstein thread yesterday, but think it's worth reposting here. 

Discussion from active & qualified forensic pathologists on Michael Baden's assertions that Epstein did not commit suicide:

And FINALLY -- Andrew should have gone yesterday. I hope he gets kicked off the Civil List, too, but don't know how that works.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

He should be stripped of his Dukedom too at the very least. I don’t think it’s realistic to hope he looses his position in the BRF completely (like King Felipes sister in Spain) but they should consider it. And stopping his Apanage. The girls (and Fergie) would have to foot their own bills, (as they allegedly do anyway) but I am sure they will fall on their feet. Lock him up in one of the country houses, so he can develop a passion for gardening and bee keeping or shit like that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Put this another Epstein thread yesterday, but think it's worth reposting here. 

Discussion from active & qualified forensic pathologists on Michael Baden's assertions that Epstein did not commit suicide:

And FINALLY -- Andrew should have gone yesterday. I hope he gets kicked off the Civil List, too, but don't know how that works.

I have a feeling Charles will kick him off the civil list once he becomes king.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

The Civil List ended in 2012, replaced by the Sovereign Grant. But I get your point that he shouldn’t take public money anymore. I wonder how this will affect Beatrice’s wedding. Maybe they’ll get married in Italy.

?Stand by your man...?

A6C280E7-EC53-49E9-A65C-B93069804A5C.png

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Added Sarah’s tweet
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The Civil List ended in 2012, replaced by the Sovereign Grant. But I get your point that he shouldn’t take public money anymore. I wonder how this will affect Beatrice’s wedding. Maybe they’ll get married in Italy.

?Stand by your man...?

A6C280E7-EC53-49E9-A65C-B93069804A5C.png

Remember that Fergie took Epstein's money as well.  

As an aside, BlindGossip had a piece a day ago suggesting that one PR strategy being considered is remarriage of Sarah and Andrew.  The thought is that this makes Andrew look respectable and not at all interested in teen girls.  Personally, I think it's moronic.  Fergie's always been a bad PR magnet.  

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The Civil List ended in 2012, replaced by the Sovereign Grant. But I get your point that he shouldn’t take public money anymore.

Yes, it *is* the Daily Fail but they are saying he's been struck from the Sovereign Grant, which will be £249,000 less per year for him.

The Queen has effectively sacked Prince Andrew from Royal duties after discussing the Epstein scandal with Charles and summoning the distraught Duke of York to Buckingham Palace to learn his fate.

The Monarch took decisive action to contain the fall-out from the duke's disastrous Newsnight interview about his friendship with paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Last night the duke issued a statement confirming he was, with his mother's permission, 'stepping down' from public duties. He will lose his £249,000 annual income from the Sovereign Grant as a result. ...Following lengthy discussions with the Prince of Wales, who is touring New Zealand, the Queen summoned Andrew to Buckingham Palace and told him to step down.

ETA:  This article also says he will continue to get money from the Queen's private funds. 

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Thank You 5

Prince Andrew has traditionally been paid from both the Sovereign Grant, which is a pot of public money that helps fund the work the royals do on behalf of United Kingdom - and the Privy Purse, which is the Queen’s income from the Duchy of Lancaster.

As he will no longer be partaking in royal work, Prince Andrew’s access to the Sovereign Grant will now be cut off. He’ll have to fund himself from his private income and the Queen’s personal coffers.

But it’s unlikely to disrupt his lifestyle too significantly – according to The Sun, Prince Andrew has a net worth of around £57 million ($A108 million).

Meanwhile, it has not yet been made clear what will happen with his office and personal staff.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/what-prince-andrews-shock-decision-actually-means-for-the-royal-family/news-story/9db036699305e626e6848c1a194f24ec

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Just more WTF.   I was not at all surprised that Andrew's interview did not go over well.  Thought it was a very bad idea in the first place, he should have taken a clue from his grandmother's mantra "never complain, never explain" as another poster noted.

It's good he is stepping away from his public duties, it would be better if he doesn't return to it. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic