• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

PianoGal
Posted (edited)

Now I want stuffing. Lots of it. Onions and herbs and bread and... okay, I want the whole turkey dinner. I think I'm PMSing. 

Edited by PianoGal
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
BlackberryGirl
Posted (edited)

Ok. our oyster stuffing.

make your usual stuffing/dressing/filling. As I said before, I use Stovetop. When you have stuffing the way you would have it before baking or putting into the bird, simply add a pint of shucked oysters, drained, but not dry. Raw, they cook in the bird or casserole.  Stir gently, add to bird or casserole dish. 

If you want a more oystery flavor, use some of the oyster liquid in the stove top prep. Substitute liquid for equal amount of water. 

When you make a stuffed bird, always use a thermometer and check that the stuffing reaches 165F same as the bird. 

No one here likes oyster stuffing, except me, so I make it in a casserole. One pint oysters to one box stovetop. I don’t use the liquid from the oysters.  Cold leftover oyster stuffing is wonderful. 

Oops 1 pint of oysters per box of stovetop.  Soooo for a 25 pound turkey, needing 3 boxes of Stovetop, you would use 3 pints of oysters.  Unless you want it lighter on the oysters. 

Edited by BlackberryGirl
Forgot something
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Love 2

Ozlsn

Read the entire stuffing vs dressing thread and... OK, still confused. At some point I may have to try either making them or do a Thanksgivingfest visiting far flung friends and relatives across the US to try and understand it better. Probably the latter.

@littlemommy you are my hero and that recap made me laugh out loud. Is anyone else concerned that Jill has realised that snorting Plexus gets the drug into her system faster?

Alice in Fundieland
5 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Quote from @PopRox in the previous thread.

It would be great to yell when angry or after stubbing a toe, or the like:

"Stuffing BALLS, did you see how fast that guy was going?"

"Stuffing BALLS, I'm exhausted."

When my oldest son was little and got upset he would shout, “Cocoa Puffs!” 

I saw an episode of Rachael Ray last Thanksgiving where she suggested putting stuffing into the waffle iron for a post-Thanksgiving brunch. I wanted to try it this year but didn’t. Maybe I’ll test it the next time I make Stove Top. 

MayMay1123
13 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Quote from @PopRox in the previous thread.

It would be great to yell when angry or after stubbing a toe, or the like:

"Stuffing BALLS, did you see how fast that guy was going?"

"Stuffing BALLS, I'm exhausted."

i just need to thank all of you for continuing to make me laugh out loud (i actually snorted!) when everything in my life is utter hell...love y'all

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 20

Waffle Time
Hane

Lonely Italian-American voice in the wilderness here: Our family stuffing features Italian bulk sausage, mushrooms, crumbs from day-old Italian bread, grated Parmesan, and sautéed celery and onion. We used to stuff the turkey with it, but now my middle sister, the family chef, makes a ginormous roasting pan full of it. (The term “dressing” for this kind of substance was never on our radar.)  

• Upvote 19
  • Love 10

Four is Enough
14 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

As it happens my in-laws are indeed from South-Central PA---well, more Southeast PA, but still . . .  close enough!  So, your theory still stands!

My great grandmother was from South Central PA.. and I lived there for a number of years, so I've heard "filling" too!

Hi, I'm PopRox and I'm twelve.

@PopRox, just so you know, we're ALL twelve at some point on these forums...

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Happy
TatiFish9

Well, Jill has finally made it to prime time. You'd be hard pressed to not see her sm posts now showing up daily on mainstream snarks sites, thanks to Nurie and Nathan's courtship. This troubles me.  I don't mind social climbers. So I am not particularly caught up in her need to get close to high profile fundies. But, I tend to stay away from theRods because their brand of fundie strikes home for me. Jill's unequivocal judging intertwined with what seems like severe control issues on every facet of her family's life (non pun) is not funny to me in any way knowing the spiritual (and psychological) damages it causes amongst other things. Although, I can see how easy it is too mock. I hope Nurie learns to set boundaries, some way some how. She seems like she might have it buried deep in her personality some where as she comes off as an over achiever in regards to her family's unrealistic standards (even with the conservative world). I see Priscilla Waller's take on parental authority while being married. I can't help but think the Rodkellers are heading that way if this pairing lands into marriage. Scary!

• Upvote 12
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
Beermeet
17 hours ago, Ms. Squishels said:

Crazy nut Jill just drank Plexus Slim mixed with Plexus Active (an energy "bull" type drink) and took a Metaburn pill with it.  She won't sleep for a week.  I would have an immediate heart attack if I did that.

Isn't she still nursing? Holt chit,  Jill. Wow!  

At least the kids got their bellies full.  

QuiverFullofBooks

On “Make Your Life Count” this week, Jill is feeling persecuted again.

How many of you have been through hurtful situations where people have made it appear it’s all your fault? We all make mistakes and do hurtful things. Sometimes people hurt you deliberately and have no remorse. If you take a stand, people feel threatened and inferior. They attack you through vicious gossip. We need to turn that pain over to God.

One time Jill and David saw a dishonest situation with money and they tried to ask about it and were ignored. [I’m guessing this was the church they left in New York, or possibly the job David quit.] They made the division to remove themselves from the situation after fasting and prayer. They understood Jesus’ suffering. (Not that she’s comparing herself to Jesus!) When you know you’re acting righteously and others scorn you, that’s like what Jesus went through. One night Jill was out on the porch thinking about it and she felt the Holy Spirit telling her that it only matters what God thinks. That was the first time she learned that.

We need to be careful what we say and not spread gossip and false accusations. She gives some Scripture on idle words. Put a guard at the door of your mouth. Treat people the way you would want to be treated.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 32
  • Love 1

onekidanddone

@TatiFish9 Where can I find Priscilla’s thoughts on parental authority and marriage?

griffin

According to Jill, we have ALL been through hurtful, unfair situations where people have smeared our names in the mud. People say things that are hurtful and uncalled for. Everyone has been there! We are humans and we all do hurtful things (Well, I'm here to tell you that has never happened to me in my life). There are people who try to hurt you with no remorse. The hardest thing Jill has ever had to "walk through" has been when people were unfair and hateful when she took a stand for what she believes in. It was because people felt inferior to her and they were trying to cover it up by attacking her. ( Yes, she actually thinks that)  They attack with vicious gossip when they know you've made the righteous choice and they don't want to come clean  when they know that you are right. She and David saw alot of dishonesty going on and their family name was dragged through the mud and they were called liars by the liars! She takes that pain and gives it over to God. He is her defense. She had ten minutes allotted to her to "make our lives count" and this is what she chose to say.

It must be exhausting to live her life

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 24

Pancakes@Tiffany's

The kids have high metabolisms and eat a ton but never gain weight.

Really Jill? then explain Timothy. One full year away from the Rod house and look how much weight he's gained. He's still young, not even 20 years old yet. 

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 11

mollysmom
2 hours ago, Hane said:

Lonely Italian-American voice in the wilderness here: Our family stuffing features Italian bulk sausage, mushrooms, crumbs from day-old Italian bread, grated Parmesan, and sautéed celery and onion. We used to stuff the turkey with it, but now my middle sister, the family chef, makes a ginormous roasting pan full of it. (The term “dressing” for this kind of substance was never on our radar.)  

That sounds delicious!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

Waffle Time
Beermeet
2 hours ago, Hane said:

Italian American here!  Yep. That's what we do!

Happy
TatiFish9
1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

@TatiFish9 Where can I find Priscilla’s thoughts on parental authority and marriage?

You may have seen discussion about the Duggar Waller speaking around FJ. It was recapped on Dillards 74 thread (I believe) and someone linked this video to me in GMD passing thread. Here is full video. Pretty lengthy. Midway through until the end is a Q&A session Priscilla mentions leaning on parental authority at least twice specifically. 

Spoiler

EmmieJ

I think I was gossiped about, in a rather minor way, when I was in high school.  At the same time, I was gossiping about others.  I've never had people drag my name through the mud.  

Confession time:  I like being liked.  I try to get along with most people, except bigots, racists, and now fundies.  I don't go out of my way to be rude to them, but I will shut down any conversation that takes a bigoted, racist, or otherwise offensive turn.  I mostly try to follow "do unto others as you would have done to you".  Perhaps that is why people don't talk trash about me behind my back.  That and the fact I worked hard to provide my child with plenty of nourishing food, a stable loving home, a decent education, and the tools to aid him in successfully leaving the next when he was ready.  

Jill, try focusing on providing for your children, instead of being the unpleasant center of your universe, and I get the critics will be less.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
1 hour ago, [email protected]'s said:

Really Jill? then explain Timothy. One full year away from the Rod house and look how much weight he's gained.

He looks filled out, normal, and so much healthier now.  There are side-by-side before and after photos somewhere on Reddit.

Mischievous
Carol
2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

One time Jill and David saw a dishonest situation with money and they tried to ask about it and were ignored. [I’m guessing this was the church they left in New York, or possibly the job David quit.] 

Someone stealing from their grifting plate?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

Spent
finnlassie

You'd have to feed me cyanide in lethal amounts before I'd try Plexus.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Melissa1977

Is she still nursing Janessa? All that plexus can't be good

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 13

Naga Viper

All this talk of stuffing/dressing reminds me of the time SpoonfulOfSugar started a thread about Thanksgiving and then flipped the fuck out when people began sharing reminiscences that were less than fond because she intended the thread to be ONLY HAPPY MEMORIES. I wasn't that familiar with SoS, so I never fully understood what happened there.

So kudos to us for getting this far without triggering anyone, I guess?

sparkles
14 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I saw an episode of Rachael Ray last Thanksgiving where she suggested putting stuffing into the waffle iron for a post-Thanksgiving brunch. I wanted to try it this year but didn’t. Maybe I’ll test it the next time I make Stove Top. 

Stuffing waffles are the bomb.

Here on good old Lawn Guyland, we call if stuffing and it’s my domain. Mushrooms, celery, onions, broth and seasoning and my homemade country white bread and herbed wheat bread. Cube it up, dry it out a bit in a low oven, mix it up with the veg and there you go. It’s awesome. 

Oyster stuffing is a big no for me because I think oysters are an abomination. Also, every time hear oyster stuffing I think of the movie Diary of a Mad Housewife and her snotty kid who freaked out over oysters in the stuffing because oysters should only be eaten on the half shell. Classic scene.

Jill doing lines of Plexus is shades of Bright Lights, Small Town. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Mischievous
nelliebelle1197
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Naga Viper said:

All this talk of stuffing/dressing reminds me of the time SpoonfulOfSugar started a thread about Thanksgiving and then flipped the fuck out when people began sharing reminiscences that were less than fond because she intended the thread to be ONLY HAPPY MEMORIES. I wasn't that familiar with SoS, so I never fully understood what happened there.

So kudos to us for getting this far without triggering anyone, I guess?

OMG, I remember that. Hadn't someone lost a parent right around then and SoS shamed her?

She is gone and well forgotten.

Edited by nelliebelle1197