• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Georgiana

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

jqlgoblue
Just now, SassyPants said:

Yes, it’s generally called scamming or illegal behaviors like tax evasion. I don’t trust JB and his ways as far as I can see him. The rules do not apply to these folks.

Sure, I agree Duggars will do whatever shady shit they need to for tax purposes and that I REALLY don't understand.

However, the example I was thinking of that I didn't state is some family friends of mine who are immigrants. They are skeptical of the US stock market based on things they lived thru in their home country and so would rather hold assets tied to something tangible.

Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex
1 hour ago, jqlgoblue said:

Sure, I agree Duggars will do whatever shady shit they need to for tax purposes and that I REALLY don't understand.

However, the example I was thinking of that I didn't state is some family friends of mine who are immigrants. They are skeptical of the US stock market based on things they lived thru in their home country and so would rather hold assets tied to something tangible.

Real estate investing, if done right, is a good way to make money.  But the best defense against riskis diversification.  The Duggars seem to have most of their wealth tied up in real estate or capital assets, and if this is really the case, their wealth is vulnerable.  Tangible things can also lose value and be worthless.  

SassyPants
32 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Real estate investing, if done right, is a good way to make money.  But the best defense against riskis diversification.  The Duggars seem to have most of their wealth tied up in real estate or capital assets, and if this is really the case, their wealth is vulnerable.  Tangible things can also lose value and be worthless.  

Also, like others have mentioned, JB often seems only to consider how cheap a property is to obtain and not how marketable it actually might be. So he has property that he might not be able to unload, or that sits vacant, thereby tying up his capital., while producing no return.

JordynDarby5
5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Also, like others have mentioned, JB often seems only to consider how cheap a property is to obtain and not how marketable it actually might be. So he has property that he might not be able to unload, or that sits vacant, thereby tying up his capital., while producing no return.

That really seems to be the way he goes. He seems to have a lot of land that's just that. Vacant. It just sits there. He doesn't seem to stop and think about anything else or doing anything with it. Then is just stuck with land that no one wants. 

Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex
36 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

That really seems to be the way he goes. He seems to have a lot of land that's just that. Vacant. It just sits there. He doesn't seem to stop and think about anything else or doing anything with it. Then is just stuck with land that no one wants. 

That, and it takes them years to flip a property when they actually put their minds to it.  They dither around with a lot of other things (why do they need cows? 'flipping' used cars, really?) instead of focusing their energies on doing one or two things well.  A jack of all trades is a master of none. 

SassyPants
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

That, and it takes them years to flip a property when they actually put their minds to it.  They dither around with a lot of other things (why do they need cows? 'flipping' used cars, really?) instead of focusing their energies on doing one or two things well.  A jack of all trades is a master of none. 

Beyond all else in terms of work and follow through, the Duggars are the epitome of lack of discipline. JB and M had it at one point, or they would have flamed out decades ago, but the 2nd generation never had a chance. There was just never time to focus on anything other than food, wiping butts and Jesus. They live on Duggar Time and a Mañana Mentality. 

TL;DR- Too many kids, and beyond survival there was no time to develop more useful skills and practices.

Edited by SassyPants