IGNORED

Stephen Baldwin Jesus Freak of Hollywood

JMO

I came upon this interview the other day after watching an absolutely atrocious movie that he was in.  I think the best idea he had was for a Christian version of Law and Order.  He has some serious delusions of grandeur going on.  The second link is the original interview referenced in the first.  It is how he was basically stalked and then saved by someone he hired to clean his house that had a vision of leading him and his wife to Jesus.  

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2018/september/stephen-baldwin-talks-jesus-hollywood-and-his-mission-to-transform-christian-media-into-something-incredible

https://www1.cbn.com/700club/stephen-baldwin-jesus-freak-hollywood

Edited by Curious
fixed title
  • Upvote 2

He sounds like a right pain in the ass. 

• I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You titled it Billy Baldwin but your links are Stephen Baldwin. 

Crap.  I made a mental note of it too when writing it out.  I'm note sure how to change it now.  

• Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, Themanda Duggar said:

I’ve always thought of Stephen as the lesser Baldwin bro.

Alec is the most famous of course. Then Billy is probably second most famous. Then comes Stephen in third. And Daniel is last.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JMO said:

I came upon this interview the other day after watching an absolutely atrocious movie that he was in.  I think the best idea he had was for a Christian version of Law and Order.  He has some serious delusions of grandeur going on.  The second link is the original interview referenced in the first.  It is how he was basically stalked and then saved by someone he hired to clean his house that had a vision of leading him and his wife to Jesus.  

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2018/september/stephen-baldwin-talks-jesus-hollywood-and-his-mission-to-transform-christian-media-into-something-incredible

https://www1.cbn.com/700club/stephen-baldwin-jesus-freak-hollywood

Blech. 

Sascha Baron Cohen already showed us "What is America"

• Upvote 1

Now that I see this is Stephen and not Billy - yup.  And keep in mind this is Justin Beiber's father in law or father in law to be  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Ugh. He was my sister's favorite actor in The Young Riders a billion years ago. I loved that show.

There are so many actors who played characters I adored who have since turned out to be terrible in various ways. I am trying to separate the characters from the actors in my head, I think. That may be contributing to my current favorite media characters being from the IDW G1 Transformers run. Comic book characters stay in their own world.

45 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Now that I see this is Stephen and not Billy - yup.  And keep in mind this is Justin Beiber's father in law or father in law to be  

Wow, how did I not realize that Hailey Baldwin was one of THOSE Baldwins? I had been wondering what she sees in that douchey Bieber, but looking at the rest of the family's antics he might fit right in. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Oh my god. This weirdo got Hannah Montana initials tattoed just to appear on the show. Went as far as going to a signing and showing miley cyrus. At least this creep didn't get in the show.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

I just don't understand why people can't just have their spiritual beliefs or go to church or whatever, instead of saying things like "Satan is running Hollywood" and making it some sort of war. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Alec is the most famous of course. Then Billy is probably second most famous. Then comes Stephen in third. And Daniel is last.

I was assisting at an office in the Beverly Hills area and Daniel came in to get a tooth pulled. Under sedation and my job was "chinning".  You sit behind the patient and push their lowe jaw forward for better aiway control.  Also, that's the person in charge of monitoring vitals. His head was so big and strong,  I couldn't do it!  I told the Dr and he was like it's fine, this will be fast and his vitals are fine.  That family is from LI and I had just moved so we had a good time talking about clubs, restaurants and whatnot.  Then he had me play a joke on his friend who picked him up, to make it seem like he was in bad shape. Nice enough guy. Needed lots of attention.  Huge melon!

I watched TBN a lot to snark and saw Stephen in real time become a weird sweater wearing crazy Christian.  TBN was totally crazy back then. That was about 20 yrs ago. 

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Marmion said:

I remember his involvement on the reality television show , The Great American Pilgrimage , on RT America .  https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/stephen-baldwin-max-keiser-rt-network-the-gap-great-american-pilgrimage-1202489042/  

He was on I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of here and I believe 'baptized' Spencer of Heidi and Spencer fame.  And he was on at least one if not two seasons of Celebrity Mole - along with Corbin Bernsen who I also have on my mental "Hollywood Christian" list.  

• Upvote 1

I had no idea who this guy was, but I saw a poster this morning announcing that he is speaking here with one of the pastors of a local Charismatic church. Then I saw the thread here. Yay, we are crawling with fundies. I also do not get the "driven out of Hollywood " line. I assume it's typical persecution complex mixed with not wanting your fans to think you slept your way to the top.

• Upvote 4

Ugh. Coincidentally I just listened to an episode of the God Awful Movies podcast where they watched and then discussed a movie Stephen Baldwin was in in 2012 called "Loving the Bad Man". I haven't watched the movie, but by their account it's 144 minutes of Christian rape apologetics. 

I must admit, I didn't really like some of the way GAM treated the subject either, but it was a million miles ahead of the movie's treatment of rape.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2

On 7/11/2019 at 10:54 PM, Katzchen24 said:

Ugh. Coincidentally I just listened to an episode of the God Awful Movies podcast where they watched and then discussed a movie Stephen Baldwin was in in 2012 called "Loving the Bad Man". I haven't watched the movie, but by their account it's 144 minutes of Christian rape apologetics. 

I must admit, I didn't really like some of the way GAM treated the subject either, but it was a million miles ahead of the movie's treatment of rape.

GROSS!!!

• I Agree 3