IGNORED

Princess Estelle went to see Metallica!

tabitha2

I thought we needed something different  and Fun and not Markle! related here :) 

Princess Victoria took her seven year old to see the band recently. Well we knew she is the coolest little princess in the world :) 

Problem is children that age aren’t supposed to be allowed in because of loudness and Victoria used her privilege to ignore that rule and other parents are upset now. Understandable  but I guess we all get stupid to please our kids sometimes;)

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Eh. Why would you take a 7-year-old to see Metallica? 

Makes no sense to me and kinda ruins the image I had of Victoria and her family as really down-to-earth and sensible royals. 

They Expose Estelle to pretty much all experiences and outings from Royal ceremonies to Tennis Matches to concerts and have since she was a Toddler. She is extremely precocious and outgoing and I personally think that’s a great way to raise a child. 

• Upvote 3

My parents took me to music festivals when I was a toddler. I’m definitely not the only one I know who has done that either. Sometimes kids can handle it. 

I know for some people any kind of concert is a default adults only activity but honestly, from my point of view, this makes Victoria even more down to earth, if anything. Kids gotta learn.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

It was not as if Estelle was in front of the stage head banging away either as They were put in a VIP room.

• Upvote 1

Heck, there were three babies born at Woodstock!  Plenty of other little kids came with their parents, too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It is not a case a child being able to "handle" it or it being appropriate socially.  It is a case of the decibel level (especially at rock concerts) permanently damaging their hearing.  Even one rock concert can cause permanent hearing loss for some people.  Ever had ringing in your ears after a concert - you have damaged your hearing. 

So wear ear protection and don't take children to musical events without bringing ear protection for them too. And use it. One minute of 115 decibel sound will harm your hearing.  Also don't let children blast out any music really loudly through ear buds, etc.

Regarding Victoria and Estelle, this was a rare public relations misstep for them.  In Sweden, although this sounds nanny state, children under the age of 13 were banned from that specific concert by law. 

Victoria took Estelle, who was wearing ear protection, to a private box.  But this said to the general population that Victoria thought she was above the law.  Bad move.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I can't answer the "what was your first concert?" question because I have no idea and neither does my mother. My parents took us to all kinds of shows from the time we were very little. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with taking your child to a concert. However, I do think there’s a problem when it’s against the law to take your child to a concert and you use your wealth and privilege to go above the law. 

However, Victoria so rarely missteps that it’s a simple err in judgement, and I’m sure the criticism she received will make her rethink in the future. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2