IGNORED

Epstein Barr

Howl

6 hours ago, Howl said:

Yup, but that might also goose Barr into making sure Trump is protected.  Remember that for Trump and his fellow travelers, no low is too low, no corruption too brazen. 

There is no doubt in my mind that Barr has been scrambling behind the scenes to protect Trump from this scandal since the moment he got wind of it. 

Heck, Barr has been protecting Trump from the get go since he became Trump’s AG. It’s what he’s been hired to do, after all. 

• I Agree 9
  • Love 1

My only hope is that this is going to be a lot of harder to cover up this time around. There is bound to be evidence linking Trump and who knows who else to this sex ring. Closing this without revealing some of the powerful men involved will not be easy now that there is a bright light shining on the case. And IMO, these men know of the other men involved. These mega-rich men aren't going to go to prison for life silently and a slap on the wrist won't cut it this time. They might try their best to protect Trump, but if men start going down they will drag everyone down with them. These are not men who can be bought off to remain quiet while they rot in jail. And I sure as hell hope someone figured out what Trump's plans were and made copies off all the evidence to release should he manage to start hiding things. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

@formergothardite, I'm in total agreement with your points, at the same time fearing that this administration, with a complicit and enabling GOP,  has moved into a level of corruption previously unrealized in this country.  

My deepest hope is that a whistleblower at SDNY or FBI outraged at a cover up will release documents on the internet or at least expose the details.  

That said, I'm also sure there are protocols in place at both places that protect against this exact scenario.  

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Jeffrey Epstein survives to stand trial.  There are way too many people with too much at stake to let him live.  A shiv between the ribs, a beating just outside of the view of jail cameras, "hangs himself" in his cell, a "heart attack." 

In the meantime, I'm hoping the FBI continues to go over the Manhattan mansion with a fine-toothed comb, looking for secret compartments, hidden rooms, sub basements, more safes, false walls, tunnels, etc. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Also, Sarah Kendzior and Mimi Rocah: 

Sarah Kendzior is an expert (Ph.D.) on how authoritarianism works; she knows we are on the authoritarian continuum at this point.  It all makes "sense" when viewed through the lens of a descent into authoritarianism.  As I've noted elsewhere, Michael Hayden tweeted that he does not believe our country, as we know it, will survive a second Trump presidency. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Michael Hayden tweeted that he does not believe our country, as we know it, will survive a second Trump presidency. 

I do not either. I think that if people eventually riot and overthrow the Trump GOP government we might come out of it, but we won't be the same America. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, Howl said:

As I've noted elsewhere, Michael Hayden tweeted that he does not believe our country, as we know it, will survive a second Trump presidency. 

Personally I'm not sure it will survive the first Trump Presidency. Looking back to 2008 or even to 2000 and 2004 and so much has changed.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, adidas said:

He attempted suicide earlier today.

Looks like it's suspected but they're also investigating other possibilities.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone else was involved, given both what he did and the folks who might be hurt if he tries to cut a deal.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

On 7/20/2019 at 3:19 PM, Howl said:

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Jeffrey Epstein survives to stand trial.  There are way too many people with too much at stake to let him live.  A shiv between the ribs, a beating just outside of the view of jail cameras, "hangs himself" in his cell, a "heart attack." 

You were right. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Yup, the crazy has only just begun with Epstein.  He had "marks on his neck."  

The next person to go down will be Nader.  We'll see if he has an "accident" in his cell.  He'll could sing like a little canary and is connected all over the Middle East and US.  

As someone pointed out, who the hell knows as many pedophiles as Trump?

Also, Epstein is a great distraction from Mueller. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 3

I can't imagine someone like Epstein attempting suicide. His is the only life that is precious, in his mind.

I suppose he could have been attacked. I think the theory I'm reading in news stories now is also likely -- he staged this to get transferred to another facility.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

I read today that Nader's lawyers were trying to also do an Epstein, by arguing for bail and release, with Nader being guarded by his own security force.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. 

• Upvote 4

The absolute misogynistic disdain shining through that 'Back off, little girl' comment makes my blood boil.

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 5

heh, their kid gloves treatment of Epstein isn't looking so good in hindsight, is it.  Julie K. Brown's expose has national exposure now.  Maybe they want to keep THEIR mouths shut. 

The walls are closing in on Epstein. 

It was reported that he was blue when found, so that's some serious faking if he's trying to get better treatment. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

It was reported that he was blue when found, so that's some serious faking if he's trying to get better treatment.

That I hadn't read -- just that he had marks on his neck and appeared to be passed out.

• Upvote 1

I was waiting for him to get murked. Glad the job was botched. I don't buy that someone like him would ever commit suicide. He's not remorseful so he'll never do it out of guilt. And he has no family so he wouldn't do it to protect anyone close to him from the shame or retribution. Plus, his conditions during his previous sentence were so cush that it's clear he could just buy a transfer if that's what he wanted. No, I fully believe that someone (or a number of someones) put a hit out on him to keep their own name(s) out of this. 

I hope he had a backup plan laid by for when all of his billionaire friends inevitably turned on him. If he does, maybe this clear signal that he's disposable will convince him to pull the trigger. 

If not, well... I don't think we'll ever get a full list of all of his clients/coconspirators. We may get some but not all. I'll be pissed if Clinton slips the noose. Trump's people are obviously working overtime to protect him but I'd love to see him taken down too. 

Honestly though, we should just assume anyone with a net worth of $1B+ has been to that fucking rape temple.

I'm not saying guillotine them all.

But I'm not not saying it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I was waiting for him to get murked. Glad the job was botched. I don't buy that someone like him would ever commit suicide. He's not remorseful so he'll never do it out of guilt. 

Honestly though, we should just assume anyone worth 1B+ has been to that fucking rape temple.

That would be Bezos, Zuckerburg, the Koch brothers, Robert Kraft, Bill Gates, Putin, and any Russian kleptocrat.  Would love to see all of them go down.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

That would be Bezos, Zuckerburg, the Koch brothers, Robert Kraft, Bill Gates, Putin, and any Russian kleptocrat.  Would love to see all of them go down.

Well, probably not ALL of them. Zuckerburg at least is likely too young to be part of it. Some others likely aren’t into it. 

But do people really think that many of the super powerful ones will have anything serious happen to them even if the worst allegations are proven?  I suspect Epstein and one or two mid-to- High level names will be prosecuted and get real time ( if Epstein lives, which is doubtful) - but Clinton, Trump, Prince Andrew- nah. Nothing will happen to them. At MOST a symbolic plea deal, no court appearance, a fine for some extremely watered down lewd conduct charge.

Clinton is old and will just go further into obscurity. Everyone on the planet knows he can’t keep his dick in his pants and ppl who don’t already hate him will say it’s a vast conspiracy, and excuse it as he knew the girls were young, but they were legal (or said they were) and he was somehow completely clueless that there was coercion or trafficking. 

Trump will do what he always does - deploy a chaotic and confusing storm of deflecting tweets, adamant denials and outright “yea, so what, women are shit, snitches get stitches” . No one with a brain is remotely surprised he’s a child rapist. His die hard followers will employ some Q annon theory that he may have been doing these things, but only as an elaborate long game to torpedo the deep state and Clinton. 

lt sucks, but unfortunately I don’t see the entire history of power changing because of this. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Epstein is definitely going to “kill himself” or “die of a heart attack” in prison unless he is like, kept in a bulletproof plexiglass cage in the middle of Times Square. Nicholas Tartaglione, his cell mate who “found him after his suicide attempt” is a corrupt cop who murdered four people who got in the way of him running a drug ring. He was found using a cell phone in his maximum security jail cell on the same day that a judge ordered the release of previously sealed court documents related to Epstein’s sex trafficking ring. I’m sure there are plenty more people in that jail who would love to be owed a favor by some of the people in Epstein’s little black book.

If this somehow makes it to trial there is no way it’s going to bring down anyone as wealthy and powerful as Clinton or Trump. They will wait until the manic 24 hour news cycle moves on then give him another plea deal that is maybe just a little bit more than a slap on the wrist. If it starts gaining traction in the news Trump will probably tweet something about how he’s going to invade Iran or nuke Venezuela and that will create a whole new news cycle for everyone to focus on. The most we can hope for is that some ghoul like Alan Dershowitz will be taken down with him.

This is just an accidental peak at the absolute depravity that occurs among the extremely wealthy and powerful.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

Guess somebody's afraid of Epstein blabbing. You can bet Alan Dershowitz is guilty AF of raping underage girls.

• Disgust 7

Interesting video of Trump and Epstein ... Trump has said he never "liked the guy".  This video sure doesn't look like it.   

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 3