Candy's "Midlife Crisis Bikini"

GeraldineGrainger

7 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I agree

I hadn't tuned in until I noticed this bikini incident

And now that I have

My eyes rolled right back in my head.

She could have opted not to film that.

I wonder where this might be going and what convoluted bullshit will back it up.

Maybe the air conditioner broke. Plus menopause. Lady might be too hot for her own good and natural remedies ain't cutting it.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

She's certainly livelier than Zsu and Lori.

Wait till you've watched/read the entire planner University course.

All her sidebar articles about how she has warped the Bible (she has many, she thinks marking them is fun) to explain everything are something else

• Upvote 2

I clicked on the Eyes 2 Jesus blog.

Omg, the design... it’s so old fashioned. Text everywhere. Most mommy/fundie blogs are better designed than that. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Candy was my gateway fundie,

Mine too, and she and AnnaMatrix are the only ones I still follow, though Anna has gotten wildly paranoid now and password protects everything. My familiarity with Candy and her ways is the reason why I took a screenshot of her new bikini. Because I know that as soon as anyone calls her on it, she will delete the video and claim that we have her confused with someone else.

Candy is not who she claims to be, and never has been. In fact, I'm quite certain that there is a lengthy thread here wherein someone who knew Candy IRL, before she became an oh-so-modest Keeper of the Home, outs her as a foul-mouthed, slovenly little sexpot.  IIRC, this led to Candy's longest flounce ever. 

Also, for those new to Candy, I would be remiss if I did not link you to the absolutely hilarious parody of Candy's original blog, Keeping the Home.

Sweeping the Home

Blessedly, it has not been taken down after all these years. I always wish that I knew who wrote it because I would like to shake that person's hand. Also, while it is a parody, it's also not THAT far from reality. 

A ha! Here it is! SerenityD is the person who knew Candy in real life. Her first post appears about halfway down on this page. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

For one, she was 15 when she and erik got together, he was 34. This is after she had been living with his 32 yr old friend who had been her manager at taco bell! She came from quite the family up in the mountains and to this day I have yet to meet anyone who made such a vulgar first impression. Ie., simulating a blow job in the middle of a Dennys.

:562479351e8d1_wtf(2)::puke-front:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Honestly though, the first word that comes to mind for an oversexualized 15-year-old child who’s been abused by multiple men in their 30s is not “vulgar”... Candy is an attention seeker and a hypocrite, but wow, what a awful start in life. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Honestly though, the first word that comes to mind for an oversexualized 15-year-old child who’s been abused by multiple men in their 30s is not “vulgar”... Candy is an attention seeker and a hypocrite, but wow, what a awful start in life. 

Yeah, while simulating a blowjob is the sort of vulgar thing a teenager might do; in this particular context it's troubling.

A very awful way to start out life.

Edited by Dreadcrumbs
wording
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I do believe that Candy had a somewhat difficult upbringing, and she has said that she was also bullied in school, which is why she dropped out to "homeschool" herself. There have been times over the years when I have actually felt deeply sorry for her. But, like Zsu, she will then do something terrible, like tell a reader that her Catholic grandmother is burning in hell, and then my charitable feelings go right out the window. 

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 2

She was my gateway fundie too.

She has always been trying to invent herself. Nothing about her has ever been honest or sincere. Or even true. Stories changed on the regular. Versions of events changed with each telling. 

She never owned her choices or actions. She always twisted them into some religious mumbo jumbo with direct messages from god to make her so very special. 

I think she's a very insecure woman who never found her place in the world so she's spent her life trying to make one. Legalistic religion made it easy - it gave her rules, or reasons to create rules - that she could convince herself meant she found the answers she's looking for.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 7/10/2019 at 4:10 PM, Caroline said:

Don't forget her obsession with being a person with Autism.  It's not clear whether she's self-diagnosed or not, but she's also a major fan of all things Briggs-Meyers.  She's special in many ways and also way smarter than anyone else she knows or has ever known.  She homeschool herself because she's just that smart.

Yes!  I wrote a paragraph on that but then it was deleted and I didn't re-write it.  She is indeed self-diagnosed and she self-diagnosed from an online quiz.  I also took that same quiz, and it told me I was on the spectrum too.  I am not.  Not even close.  But I do share some struggles and behaviors with people who are on the spectrum thanks to having social anxiety, being heavily introverted, etc.  

This is the issue with online tests: they're great to tell you if you should talk to a medical professional about something, but they're insufficient for a diagnosis.  For any one struggle or behavior, there are a lot of potential root causes.  And I think a lot of what Candy saw in that quiz was that she's been heavily isolated for most of her life, so now she struggles to appropriately interact with people outside her family and form bonds.  Is she genuinely on the spectrum, or has she been so isolated that she now struggles with social interaction due to lack of practice, experiences anxiety/stress over it, and has become so eccentric in isolation that she now feels she doesn't belong or fit in with the general populace?  It would take a real medical professional to work with Candy and find the appropriate diagnosis for her, and she's too against going to the doctor to ever pursue that.  

She also really likes her "diagnosis" of being on the spectrum because she likes to use it as an excuse for why she is rude to people.  That's why I really think she's glommed onto it.  Because Candy is mean and rude, and that's why she struggles to make/keep friends.  And I think she knows it.  And since nothing can ever be Candy's fault, she's been looking for a reason why her being a shitty person to others is not her fault.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Georgiana said:

She also really likes her "diagnosis" of being on the spectrum because she likes to use it as an excuse for why she is rude to people.  That's why I really think she's glommed onto it.  Because Candy is mean and rude, and that's why she struggles to make/keep friends.  And I think she knows it.  And since nothing can ever be Candy's fault, she's been looking for a reason why her being a shitty person to others is not her fault.  

From the day she started tossing Aspbergers around I knew this was what she was doing. Using it to justify and excuse her abhorrent behavior. Candy has always believed she already knows it all and has nothing left to learn. Because of that, she refuses to see that she is socially inept and learn from others. She is simply unwilling to behave appropriately. She is nasty to people, picks fights with church pastors because she knows the bible better than they do, whines that people just shun her "for no reason" - and never once looks to herself for growth or improvement or change. 

She's spent over a decade online posting the exact same religious crap, except for the legalistic things she changes her mind on like Christmas and headcovering and bikinis. Someone remarked that her website is old fashioned - it is stuck in the 90's because SHE is stuck in the 90's. She has not learned anything new and it shows in everything she says and does. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, Briefly said:

She sounds like she's a combination of Zsu, Lori Alexander (because she's such a hypocrite) with a little Lady Lydia thrown in for good measure. 

None of whom I EVER want to see in a bikini. But, especially, I don't want to see Lady Lydia modeling a bikini.

• I Agree 6

HOLY MOLY, Candy. About lost it when I saw the bikini post. For years we've been told we're heathens for not head covering (after she spent years explaining why covering was wrong)...and now...a bikini. And not only a bikini, but a VIDEO about a bikini. She loves to show off her body. If this were just simply about being hot and wanting to be comfortable, there would be no need to do the video. Did anyone see her recent mother-daughter clothing haul video? Lots of...errr...sexual posing. Well, as much as Candy can muster. lol. It can be found here: 

Candy is a fascinating fundie, because she's really self-made. Unlike so many of these other families, she tends to lack a support network of like minds and has mostly just self-schooled a strange fundie variation of her own making. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 3

I had almost forgotten about her. Her oldest must be teens or young adults by now. Anyone know what they are up to?

I remember she said she "homeschooled herself" through high school. It was actually Penn Foster. Which is an accredited high school that offered correspondence classes back in the day and has transitioned online these days. 

• Upvote 2

. Sin

2 hours ago, Once_Upon_A_Fundie said:

Candy is a fascinating fundie, because she's really self-made. Unlike so many of these other families, she tends to lack a support network of like minds and has mostly just self-schooled a strange fundie variation of her own making. 

This is a very precise description of her. Since she knows more than pastors, she's never had a church family. She gains her "knowledge" from the Internet - at one time her obsession was jesusislord.com - all conspiracy, all extreme, all the time. She used it as a source of actual knowledge and doctrine. She may still, who knows. Since she is socially inept and refuses to even try to change that - or even acknowledge that there is a need for change - she has no friends or family to support her or tell her when she's off the rails. She has no circle of support or love or friendship. No one to share or discuss ideas with. No one to challenge her or even agree with her. It's just her and her husband and they feed off each other. 

They would be a great study for the dangers of chosen isolation and willfull ignorance - they never get outside their own heads. There is no new information and no evaluating what they believe/do. 

3 minutes ago, DangerNoodle said:

I had almost forgotten about her. Her oldest must be teens or young adults by now. Anyone know what they are up to?

I remember she said she "homeschooled herself" through high school. It was actually Penn Foster. Which is an accredited high school that offered correspondence classes back in the day and has transitioned online these days. 

Her oldest is living on his own now and supposedly working at a bank. He's a clone of his parents. An obnoxious, uneducated drama queen. He is the epitome of what happens when not exposed to anything other than your mentally unhealthy parents. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Since she is socially inept and refuses to even try to change that - or even acknowledge that there is a need for change - she has no friends or family to support her or tell her when she's off the rails. She has no circle of support or love or friendship.

I'm peeping her channel. Seems like her daughter is her best 'friend.' Not healthy. 

She used to really moralize food/diets. She weighed herself religiously and followed some "biblical diet" that was out there at the time. Looks like her daughter is on the heavier side. I wonder if her views have changed. She doesn't seem bothered with it last year's fourth video. 

Screenshot_20190713-095737.png

13 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

This is a very precise description of her. Since she knows more than pastors, she's never had a church family. She gains her "knowledge" from the Internet - at one time her obsession was jesusislord.com - all conspiracy, all extreme, all the time. She used it as a source of actual knowledge and doctrine.

David J. Stewart? He was one of my gateway fundies! He's still going after all these years.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/recent_articles.htm

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

None of whom I EVER want to see in a bikini. But, especially, I don't want to see Lady Lydia modeling a bikini.

You know what, I would actually love it if Lady Lydia decided to model bikinis. I’m sure it would be a fabulous monstrosity. Would she find an old shower curtain and somehow hucklebuck a wide brimmed Sun hat to go with it? Crotchet some floral spats to go with it? Maybe repurpose a wedding dress/seat cover into a snazzy cover up. That shit never gets old time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

9 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

David J. Stewart? He was one of my gateway fundies! He's still going after all these years.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/recent_articles.htm

Not a gateway per se, but since Candy got all her thoughts there I totally paid attention. Still do, but on a limited basis. My brain goes haywire if I see too much at one time. 

My favorites are the "9/11 was an inside job". 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, DangerNoodle said:

Yes because she was too smart for school to handle.

She was also a supermodel as a teen if I recall.

• Haha 3

On 7/10/2019 at 6:42 PM, Georgiana said:

Candy really hates Catholics, who she believes do infant sacrifices at secret Black masses in the woods on Sundays.

What parish does this take place in? Certainly not mine.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

And it's not what I'd call a bikini.  It looks like a sports bra and a bikini bottom.

8 hours ago, JMarie said:

You're clearly lying. ?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, JMarie said:

If Catholic masses were as full of depravity as Protestant fundies and some Catholic traditionalists seem to believe, I think a lot more people would be goes to mass just for the entertainment value alone (the more extreme Catholic traditionalists seem to think that the post-Vatican II mass is a cross between Woodstock and a BDSM play party).

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2