IGNORED

Candy's "Midlife Crisis Bikini"

GeraldineGrainger

20 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

If Catholic masses were as full of depravity as Protestant fundies and some Catholic traditionalists seem to believe, I think a lot more people would be goes to mass just for the entertainment value alone (the more extreme Catholic traditionalists seem to think that the post-Vatican II mass is a cross between Woodstock and a BDSM play party).

I know I would.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

The bikini, as well as Candy's explanation about why it's totally okay, have been edited out of the video now. It's been cut down to less than 4 minutes of incredibly boring pool footage and little else. Ha ha ha ha....classic Candy. 

• Haha 10
  • Love 1

On 7/15/2019 at 10:36 AM, GeraldineGrainger said:

The bikini, as well as Candy's explanation about why it's totally okay, have been edited out of the video now. It's been cut down to less than 4 minutes of incredibly boring pool footage and little else. Ha ha ha ha....classic Candy. 

Seriously? She gets push back then deletes. Absolutely nothing has changed in more than a decade in Candyland. Her image id all she cares about, not actual beliefs or religious conviction. While nit surprised I am still stunned that the last 10+ years haven’t altered a thing. How do people live like that?

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Seriously? She gets push back then deletes. Absolutely nothing has changed in more than a decade in Candyland. Her image id all she cares about, not actual beliefs or religious conviction. While nit surprised I am still stunned that the last 10+ years haven’t altered a thing. How do people live like that?

Isolation will do that to a person. This is why I struggle to really label Candy as a fundie. She's more accurately a hermit, just blowing in the wind on whatever whim she decides to chase. It's not the same as so many of these families who are super integrated into cultish belief systems, e.g. PP and ZsuPoo. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Once_Upon_A_Fundie said:

Isolation will do that to a person. This is why I struggle to really label Candy as a fundie. She's more accurately a hermit, just blowing in the wind on whatever whim she decides to chase. It's not the same as so many of these families who are super integrated into cultish belief systems, e.g. PP and ZsuPoo. 

She's an isolated fundie.

Just because she's not like the others doesn't change this.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

She's an isolated fundie.

Just because she's not like the others doesn't change this.

A pretty weak-ass one. ? She changes so often. Dresses only...meh, bikini. No head covering....pin that crap up. Bible says X...Bible says Y. She just lacks a level of organisational structure most fundies hold near and dear. I guess clearly a First Gen Fundie without a circle. 

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Once_Upon_A_Fundie said:

A pretty weak-ass one. ? She changes so often. Dresses only...meh, bikini. No head covering....pin that crap up. Bible says X...Bible says Y. She just lacks a level of organisational structure most fundies hold near and dear. I guess clearly a First Gen Fundie without a circle. 

You're right about her being a first gen fundie without a circle.

Zsu is about as prone to flip flopping as Candy.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

She has now posted a video tour of her purse, which is actually a cooler marketed by Ree Drummond, so it's "climate controlled." She has many important things in her purse, including oregano oil, which she doesn't explain,  and a tiny, complete, zippered Bible, but apparently she doesn't need a wallet because that is not in there. ? 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, clarinetpower said:

She has now posted a video tour of her purse, which is actually a cooler marketed by Ree Drummond, so it's "climate controlled." She has many important things in her purse, including oregano oil, which she doesn't explain,  and a tiny, complete, zippered Bible, but apparently she doesn't need a wallet because that is not in there. ? 

Everything you just said? She's done it before, made a video before, used a cooler as a purse before. There is nothing in her life that isn't a broken record. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2019 at 8:51 AM, clarinetpower said:

She has many important things in her purse, including oregano oil, which she doesn't explain

The oregano oil is supposedly a miracle cure for anything that ails you, but keep in mind that this is a person who once inquired in online message boards as to where she could purchase a dental drill to drill her own cavities. Medical advice from Candy is pretty dangerous. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

I am just leaving this here for you because I love you. 

7BE955DA-4293-4F04-8998-DCC6CB35F4C8.png

On 7/31/2019 at 9:51 AM, clarinetpower said:

I watched her YouTube video on organizing a Filofax. I estimate that watching her SCOBY grow would be more interesting.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/9/2019 at 5:01 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am just leaving this here for you because I love you

I somehow missed this one, but this is an example of Candy trying to show how "whimsical" she can be. She loves to talk about how she's so spontaneous and fun, and not rigid or legalistic AT ALL *snort.* One time she posted a video of herself dancing while making peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, because seriously....so FUN. 

• Haha 4

On 8/7/2019 at 10:54 AM, GeraldineGrainger said:

The oregano oil is supposedly a miracle cure for anything that ails you, but keep in mind that this is a person who once inquired in online message boards as to where she could purchase a dental drill to drill her own cavities. Medical advice from Candy is pretty dangerous. 

Someone told me that once, so I got some. It didn’t work, and my linen closet smelled like spaghetti for a long time, so I pitched it.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/7/2019 at 3:54 PM, GeraldineGrainger said:

That reminds of this woman on TLC who has her own dental stuff at home - or rather 'yard sale' junk she uses at home for removing teeth and a vacuum modified for dentisty. 

• WTF 3