IGNORED

Unlicensed Nebraska midwife charged with homicide

JermajestyDuggar

Has anyone heard of Noah McAdams? His parents refused chemo for him even though it has a 90% success rate because they wanted to treat him with CBD instead. So CPS took him and placed him with his grandparents who will take him for his chemo and also give him CBD oil. His mother is a birth keeper! These women are complete nuts and need to be stopped. This little boy would likely be dead if his mother had her way and these other birth keepers are the reason why other babies are dead. They are dangerous. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Has anyone heard of Noah McAdams? His parents refused chemo for him even though it has a 90% success rate because they wanted to treat him with CBD instead. So CPS took him and placed him with his grandparents who will take him for his chemo and also give him CBD oil. His mother is a birth keeper! These women are complete nuts and need to be stopped. This little boy would likely be dead if his mother had her way and these other birth keepers are the reason why other babies are dead. They are dangerous. 

The article I read said that his mother actually removed an iv from his arm.  I didn't read about CBD oil, just that they were going to try holistic cures of some type.  I'm not surprised that she is a birth keeper.  This little boy needs medical care, not woo! I hope that his grandparents really will make sure he gets the care and medication he needs, that his mother is not able to either talk them out of it or kidnap him.  His parents are still able to have contact with him, they just can't make the medical decision for him.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Briefly said:

The article I read said that his mother actually removed an iv from his arm.  I didn't read about CBD oil, just that they were going to try holistic cures of some type.  I'm not surprised that she is a birth keeper.  This little boy needs medical care, not woo! I hope that his grandparents really will make sure he gets the care and medication he needs, that his mother is not able to either talk them out of it or kidnap him.  His parents are still able to have contact with him, they just can't make the medical decision for him.

Yeah, she sees him every day now. She is a mega drama queen. She was a surrogate last year for twins and of course she says the bio parents are mean and won’t talk to her now. I bet those bio parents regretted picking her as a surrogate. She thinks she knows more than doctors. She thinks chemo is killing him. When he comes out of this cancer free in a few years, she will still hate the people who helped cure him and she will say that they caused him life long problems because of the chemo. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4

The hard part is: chemo IS poison. That’s the whole point. They’re poisoning the cancer cells. The problem is they stop thinking at that and focus only on “OMG!!! It’s poison!!!” Yes, it is poison. It’s also what can give the best hope of remission*! Chemo sucks. So does cancer. 

It’s like people coughZoocough pointing to people who’ve been harmed by vaccines. Yes, there ARE those who have been harmed by vaccines. But vaccines help many more people than they hurt that ethically it’s better to vaccinate than not. Kind of like with chemo - yes, it’s poison and has the potential to cause a lasting negative impact but it can also save people’s lives! 

* It can be the best treatment for a given cancer. There are times it may not be but that decision needs to be made by the individual’s oncologist and not on Dr Google. 

Edited by Giraffe
Clarifying.
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah, she sees him every day now. She is a mega drama queen. She was a surrogate last year for twins and of course she says the bio parents are mean and won’t talk to her now. I bet those bio parents regretted picking her as a surrogate. She thinks she knows more than doctors. She thinks chemo is killing him. When he comes out of this cancer free in a few years, she will still hate the people who helped cure him and she will say that they caused him life long problems because of the chemo. 

Are we sure she isn't actually Sparkling Lauren?

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, 16strong said:

Are we sure she isn't actually Sparkling Lauren?

It’s amazing how many wackos are out there. They are all friends on social media. I imagine her GFM is mostly donations from other birth keepers and woo pushers. 

• Upvote 2

If you look at any article about Taylor Bland or Noah McAdams, you’ll see tons of crazy ignorant comments about doctors out to kill people with cancer and how Noah doesn’t even have cancer. It’s all a big conspiracy. Omg the stupidity hurts my head. I really wish people would stop spreading their dumb asses all over the interwebs. 

• Upvote 3

On 9/10/2019 at 6:26 PM, Briefly said:

The article I read said that his mother actually removed an iv from his arm. 

I'm not a doctor, nurse, aide or any type of medical professional, but three years ago DH had a PICC line installed so he could pump in pressurized antibiotics four times a day for three months   That was a source of concern every damned day because a PICC line is a very long catheter;  you want to keep incredibly clean because, as we understood it, it's basically a highway to the heart.   PICC lines are also used to administer chemo.  That the mom pulled it out herself seems super scary to me. 

Also, when I was newly diagnosed with breast cancer twenty years ago and completely freaking out over treatment options, a nurse practitioner explained to me that cancer is a very yang disease, that requires yang treatments.  In that moment, it made perfect sense.  You can't fuck around and try this woo and that herb to treat what can be an extremely aggressive disease. 

A friend's relative did that for a year, and by the time the cancer had metastasized and they opted for chemo, it was way too late. 

Fortunately for me, one boob was sacrificed to surgery, a sentinel node biopsy confirmed that it had not metastasized, I did not need chemo and I'm fine twenty years later. 

BUT, had I required chemo, I would have done it. 

Edited by Howl
  • Love 17

18 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm not a doctor, nurse, aide or any type of medical professional, but three years ago DH had a PICC line installed so he could pump in pressurized antibiotics four times a day for three months   That was a source of concern every damned day because a PICC line is a very long catheter;  you want to keep incredibly clean because, as we understood it, it's basically a highway to the heart.   PICC lines are also used to administer chemo.  That the mom pulled it out herself seems super scary to me. 

Also, when I was newly diagnosed with breast cancer twenty years ago and completely freaking out over treatment options, a nurse practitioner explained to me that cancer is a very yang disease, that requires yang treatments.  In that moment, it made perfect sense.  You can't fuck around and try this woo and that herb to treat what can be an extremely aggressive disease. 

A friend's relative did that for a year, and by the time the cancer had metastasized and they opted for chemo, it was way too late. 

Fortunately for me, one boob was sacrificed to surgery, a sentinel node biopsy confirmed that it had not metastasized, I did not need chemo and I'm fine twenty years later. 

BUT, had I required chemo, I would have done it. 

She said that because she was a “doula” (aka birthkeeper), she knew how to remove the PICC line. She seriously thinks she’s doctor level medically trained just because she took a few crappy online classes about birth and watched a bunch of births. That’s the problem with her having custody of this child right now. She thinks she knows more than doctors and she won’t comply with treatments. The grandmother obviously complied with his treatment so far. That’s why he is staying with grandma. Plus there have been accusations in the past of her husband being abusive towards her. For some reason the husband doesn’t see Noah as much as she does. Maybe he’s actually working. At one point, neither of them were working and that’s why they needed a go fund me. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 13