• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Georgiana

JRod 104: Jesus' Favorite Awkward Courtship Photographer

thoughtful
Posted (edited)

My addition to the stuffing/dressing conversation: I've never heard it called dressing except in books and online -- always stuffing, regardless of texture, contents or whether it's been cooked in the bird. Hot bars in the local supermarkets sometimes have it, especially around Thanksgiving, and always label it "stuffing" (sometimes "homemade style stuffing!"), again regardless of ingredients or texture. It often looks likes @NonSOTDRT Teacher's second picture.

I'm in the Northeastern US. From the thread here, I'm thinking that the distinction between the two words is partly regional and mostly personal to each family. I say, as long as you and whoever you are celebrating Thanksgiving with understand one another, all is good!

Edited by thoughtful
adding details

Walking Cat Bed
5 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

But doesn't it kind of make you wish a bear would attack him, take his gun and run off laughing?

I know a few gay men who might be convinced to do so.

Oh wait, not that kind of bear?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 28
  • Love 4

Meh
Satan'sFortress
19 hours ago, NonSOTDRT Teacher said:

My biggest fear is that one day I’ll marry into a stuffing on Thanksgiving family, not a dressing one.

I am from New England & never heard of dressing until we moved to Texas.  Our children shall never marry. 😄

I thought they were the same thing, just with different names. 

But, I can one up you, @NonSOTDRT Teacher:  My in-laws call it "filling."  :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

4 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Scoop the wet stuffing into balls with the ice cream scoop. Put 'em on a tray. Bake till the outsides are crunchy and the insides still gooey. Serve with gravy if you like; take 'em in hand and have 'em as a snack, if you like. Biggest hit of the day!

Yes, please.

Four is Enough
39 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Regarding the gun, I'm firmly in the camp that yes, wearing it's safer than leaving it sitting unattended, but why does he need it on him for a family function?!

My guess is that this is the sort of guy who gets up in the morning and straps the gun on, and only removes it to shower and go to bed. I guess further that it's on his nightstand as he sleeps. His Raghts, you know!

10 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Maybe the gun is making up for a penis deficiency.   😇

Ding Ding Ding!! We have  winner!!

Wine time!
Spanger

My Baby Sister texted me a while back to share the exciting news with me - "Did you know, you can have stuffing anytime, not just at Thanksgiving?"  I was like... yes, yes you can... you can also have scrambled eggs and pancakes FOR DINNER, and you can have iced-tea IN WINTER if you want.  And when pizza's on a bagel, you can eat pizza ANYTIME.

I make Stove-Top like 2-3 times a month as a side dish with supper, I just like it.  It's not as good as what my mom makes for Thanksgiving though, which is apparently the only time my sister eats it.  I will definitely be making stuffing balls sometime soon, those sound delicious.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 20

Wine time!
justmissedquiver

Stuffing balls, omg, this will be made in the near future.

Sad
Loveday
19 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

But, I can one up you, @NonSOTDRT Teacher:  My in-laws call it "filling."  :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

I wasn't going to bring 'filling' into the discussion because I always thought it was a term SEVERELY limited to the Pennsylvania Dutch, but I guess I was wrong! :pb_lol: Yes! Filling! Every year at least one of the newspapers in my family's south-central PA county runs an online discussion argument of what to call it--stuffing, dressing, or filling!:laughing-rolling:

PopRox

"Stuffing balls" sound delicious ... but also vaguely dirty.

Hi, I'm PopRox and I'm twelve.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 40
  • I Agree 1

Depressed
Dandruff
42 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

That's her role in the family--barging into conversations with a loud, insipid laugh and forced videotaping.

I think you nailed it.  Bet the rest of the family are champions at calmly deflecting her so she'll go bother someone else (or decide to step away for a shot of Jesus juice) ASAP.

zeebaneighba
6 hours ago, LSUlover said:

Don't forget oyster.  Although that might just be a deep south thing.

Both of ZeebaHubby's grandmothers made oyster dressing and they were northerners; one from Ohio and the other from NY.  One made it moist and the other made it dry.

Georgiana

Grab your energy bulls and continue on here!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 1