• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Georgiana

JRod 104: Jesus' Favorite Awkward Courtship Photographer

Georgiana

The Keller Courtship continues, and Jill WILL NOT STOP posting courtship photos that are so bad they almost seem intentionally satirical.  You're probably thinking these are all very tame, but fundies can get wild too!  Just look at this wildness!  Hahahaha, they aren't ACTUALLY falling into the fountain! Jesus LOVES jokes like this!

2019-07-05_12-48-24.jpg.4e759ac4e7e8d568591fda8e07c2413a.jpg

Continued from:

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 24
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

JermajestyDuggar

So who thinks Nurie went on a courtship shopping spree? 

🙋‍♀️

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Spent
nokidsmom

From @Beermeet in the previous thread:

I would love a hostage photo of David in Jill's death grasp.  Davis would freak but have to keep sweet, right? As some of Jill's makeup rubs off on his oroned, buttoned to top crisp white shirt.  Pure gold!   Jill pawing all over Anna.  Ahhhh, this going to be fun!  

David will look like the cat trying to get away from Pepe Le Pew. 

And you know Jill will be all over Anna and Joshley too, posting online for all the world to see, thinking it's the greatest thing that she's associated with them.

This time, no one will be able to hide nor keep pictures from being posted online because Jill will make absolutely sure that all the world knows that she's gotten higher on the social climbing ladder. 

image.png

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 11

Rachel333

I still think it's hilarious that some Duggar kids are soon going to have an aunt Nurie.

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Depressed
Dandruff
1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

I still think it's hilarious that some Duggar kids are soon going to have an aunt Nurie.

I think they'll learn quickly to stay silent when Aunt Nurie is nearby (so gossip can't get back to Jill).

Am I correct in remembering pictures of Nathan and his brother sitting at tables of young ATIers at restaurants?  This was years ago, and gave me the impression that this was how future couples could start to develop interest in each other.  Nathan has also spent time with Pris and David W who might have made some introductions.  I'm kind of wondering why he didn't find someone else before now.

Satisfied
Whooping_Butt

As bad as the courtship photos are I really hope that Nathan and Nurie realize their families are nuts and have picked each other so they can build a more low-key life together. They just have to deal with Jill until the wedding. 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Love 3

Waffle Time
Beermeet
8 minutes ago, Whooping_Butt said:

As bad as the courtship photos are I really hope that Nathan and Nurie realize their families are nuts and have picked each other so they can build a more low-key life together. They just have to deal with Jill until the wedding. 

It's probably so the opposite! Lol!  There like " our sweet God fearing, modest, ministry families are perfect and therefore, so are we. Because, Jesus.  I like your scenario better though!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 2

Depressed
formergothardite
1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

This time, no one will be able to hide nor keep pictures from being posted online because Jill will make absolutely sure that all the world knows that she's gotten higher on the social climbing ladder. 

You know what would be funny. If Jill does all this and the Bates and Duggars still shun her. She can post a million pictures with Anne Duggar in her grasp, but the families still very well might continue cutting her out of their lives. 

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

Fruitcake

Just watched the 4th of July video and can’t believe how dismissive Jill was of Kaylee. I mean, I can because TIJWTA, but it was just so blatant. At least have the decency to be passive-aggressive or something. 

Today is Kaylee’s 18th birthday and it’s crickets from Jill. How was Nurie’s 18th commemorated? Anyone remember? 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 14
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
1 hour ago, Whooping_Butt said:

As bad as the courtship photos are I really hope that Nathan and Nurie realize their families are nuts and have picked each other so they can build a more low-key life together.

Nah.  I think they both drank all the available Kool-Aid.

SuperNova
48 minutes ago, Fruitcake said:

Today is Kaylee’s 18th birthday and it’s crickets from Jill. How was Nurie’s 18th commemorated? Anyone remember

I went through the blog archives and believe it or not, no Nurie post!! I did come across this and thought it might be fun to revisit. It's from the graduation post. "What I am looking for in a future husband" written by Nurie:

Spoiler

“What I Am Looking For In My Future Husband”

-A man that is godly and who will follow God’s will for his life – NO MATTER WHAT!!

-Someone that stands on the same convictions / standards that I do.
A. Believes in the KJV Bible as the preserved Word of God.
B. Has a high dress standard. (Ladies wear skirts and overall modest apparel for both the man and woman).
C. Letting God control my womb in how many children He gives us.
D. Believing that my husband should lead the home.
E. Believing in godly, conservative music that honors God, rather than my flesh.
F.Being faithful to church and understanding that “home church” is not Biblical according to – Hebrews 10:25
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
G. Believing that home schooling any future children God may give us, is the best plan according to – Psalms 1:1 “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.”

-A man that has a heart to win lost souls for Jesus.

-A man that has kept himself pure.

***To any younger girls out there, we hope this inspires you to wait for God’s BEST for you! 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 5
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • WTF 7
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 9

PopRox

@SuperNova I was about to mention the "Nurie is for sale" post because I (mistakenly) thought that was from her 18th birthday instead of her "graduation." Glad you posted before I did, or I would have had some egg on my face!

FaithAndReason

In other news, I bought SEVERE cold & flu medicine today (because I am SEVERELY sick) but all I could think about was FJ and JRod. I spend too much time here. 🤣

Carry on

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • Love 6

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
Posted (edited)

Flashback to photos from the RodPod's winter trip, when they were at the Keller home.  Even then,  Jill was making Nathan  pose.  I have second-hand embarrassment for him in the photo on playground equipment.  I also see the "thumbs up" sign from him in one of the photos.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3870(

Edited by Okie_Bokie
typo

Waffle Time
Beermeet
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fruitcake said:

Just watched the 4th of July video and can’t believe how dismissive Jill was of Kaylee. I mean, I can because TIJWTA, but it was just so blatant. At least have the decency to be passive-aggressive or something. 

You know it's bad when a passive-aggressive approach would be better!  At least it's something.  WTF, Jill?!

Jill really needs to praise her children equally.  So not cool. All those blessings and the first two are the most impor-ant.  It's so shitty of her and David!  I'll never get over the milk shake bullshit they pull.  Drinking delicious shakes and only the kid of the week gets LEFTOVER shake. Unfucking believable.  That really tells us all we need to know how the blessings are treated.  

Edited by Beermeet

Satisfied
Whooping_Butt
2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

It's probably so the opposite! Lol!  There like " our sweet God fearing, modest, ministry families are perfect and therefore, so are we. Because, Jesus.  I like your scenario better though!

I know, I just have to hope something isn’t terrible. I’m an eternal optimist. I have hope that once Nurie and her siblings can get away from Jill and have some room to think, to talk openly to their spouse and those outside the main family, to go to a different church, maybe they’ll loosen up. I don’t think it’ll be instant, and surely won’t happen for every kid. I don’t expect any of them to do a complete 180 and wind up atheists fund raising for Planned Parenthood, but there’s potential for change and I’m going to keep hoping that happens. 

Sorry if I rambled. My migraines, fibro and sciatica are triple teaming me today, so it’s hard to think and compose when I’m screaming internally. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 4
  • Love 14

wallysmommy

Her list is very juvenile and immature, just as I would guess she is based on her lack of exposure to anything not filtered by Mommy Dearest.  I don't believe for a minute that she means what it says in "C."  That also means if they aren't able to have any children, they'll be okay with that.  She assumes she'll be a fertile myrtle and have more than a dozen, again replicating Mommy Dearest.

Waffle Time
Beermeet
4 minutes ago, Whooping_Butt said:

I know, I just have to hope something isn’t terrible. I’m an eternal optimist. I have hope that once Nurie and her siblings can get away from Jill and have some room to think, to talk openly to their spouse and those outside the main family, to go to a different church, maybe they’ll loosen up. I don’t think it’ll be instant, and surely won’t happen for every kid. I don’t expect any of them to do a complete 180 and wind up atheists fund raising for Planned Parenthood, but there’s potential for change and I’m going to keep hoping that happens. 

Sorry if I rambled. My migraines, fibro and sciatica are triple teaming me today, so it’s hard to think and compose when I’m screaming internally. 

I'm sorry to hear you are getting the triple threat.  Hope you feel better soon!  

At least, no matter what, Nurie will be experiencing a different life.  I hope she doesn't land up near mama.  Just being with the Keller's would be good for her. Hell, the fucking Pearls were better for her. All those people seem to have and eat food. Although,  Nathan's legs do resemble Tim's. Growing children who lack in proper nutrition show it. It mave only been a few years but, damage can be done in that time. 

SuperNova
10 minutes ago, Okie_Bokie said:

Flashback to photos from the RodPod's winter trip, when they were at the Keller home.  Even then,  Jill was making Nathan  pose.  (I also see the "thumbs up" sign from him in one of the photos.)  I hate the photo of him on playground equipment.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3870(

Someone in the last thread mentioned that the Kellers are a subdued family. Is it possible that Nathan sees the Rods as a fun and lively bunch rather than crazy? Maybe the Rod lifestyle and personalities seem like a happy departure from his own quiet and placid life in one spot. I've known people who are fairly reserved but like having outgoing friends so they can be carried along in the tide. But those same friends usually need space to decompress as well and the problem with Jill is no one ever gets to decompress. Ever. Never ever. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Satisfied
Whooping_Butt
Just now, Beermeet said:

I'm sorry to hear you are getting the triple threat.  Hope you feel better soon!  

At least, no matter what, Nurie will be experiencing a different life.  I hope she doesn't land up near mama.  Just being with the Keller's would be good for her. Hell, the fucking Pearls were better for her. All those people seem to have and eat food. Although,  Nathan's legs do resemble Tim's. Growing children who lack in proper nutrition show it. It mave only been a few years but, damage can be done in that time. 

Thank you! I don’t what’s going on, but I’ll be going to bed early tonight for sure. 

I can’t get over how she and Kaylee seemed bloom with the freaking Pearls!!! 

Putting my psych major hat on, I feel like none of the kids got a chance to individuate. We know how fundie culture beats that back literally. Look at Tim and how he was so “difficult” as a kid. This is Nurie’s chance. I hope she and Nathan do have genuine fond feelings for each other they can build on and they end up being good for each other. 

hollyfeller
3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

The Keller Courtship continues, and Jill WILL NOT STOP posting courtship photos that are so bad they almost seem intentionally satirical.  You're probably thinking these are all very tame, but fundies can get wild too!  Just look at this wildness!  Hahahaha, they aren't ACTUALLY falling into the fountain! Jesus LOVES jokes like this!

2019-07-05_12-48-24.jpg.4e759ac4e7e8d568591fda8e07c2413a.jpg

Continued from:

Nurie's dress looks like something my mom wore back in the 80's.  Just add shoulder pads!

I actually love the polka dot, but the style is so matronly for her.

thoughtful
2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

You know what would be funny absolutely wonderful? If Jill does all this and the Bates and Duggars still shun her.

FTFY.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

FloraKitty35
42 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Nurie's dress looks like something my mom wore back in the 80's.  Just add shoulder pads!

I actually love the polka dot, but the style is so matronly for her.

I agree I was thinking about some of the the dresses that Princess Diana wore back in the 80's.

fluffernutter

I don't know much about this family, but holy wow. That mother's make-up is something else. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 3