• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
laPapessaGiovanna

Joy & Austin 28: loss and mourning

VelociRapture
3 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I'm sorry for all you've been through, I can't even imagine. I'm not a mom and I haven't had a miscarriage or lost a baby. The Duggars are certainly tone deaf but she will have to deal with this on a regular basis, there's always someone pregnant in that family and honestly it's not Abbie's fault or anyone else's what happened to Joy. She might be triggered even more when she inevitably gets pregnant in the future.

Having a child in NICU, a traumatic pregnancy, a traumatic birth is a lot to deal with, I've seen it (Medical student here), any experience can trigger depression and anxiety so telling someone not to complain about any painful or difficult experience is not okay. I know this is coming from pain but please take a moment and realize we're all humans and even when pain might be in different levels, it's all pain and it hurts. Let's not diminish our struggles, empathy is a beautiful thing.

You've been through a lot and maybe you should consider getting professional help to deal with all of this. My very best wishes to you.

Thank you for stating this so eloquently. I’d add more to this, but I don’t want to unintentionally say anything that would be unfair and I can’t think of how to word what I’d like to say clearly. So... just thank you for stating this so well. 

And to @Jody, I’ll just say that I’m sorry you’ve been through so much and I’m also sorry you’ve had a tough time coping because of other people’s words, whether they realized it hurt you or not. You have my genuine sympathy for whatever experience(s) you’ve gone through. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1