IGNORED

Joy & Austin 28: loss and mourning

laPapessaGiovanna

Joy sand Austin lost baby Annabell Elise.

I am not going to tell anyone how you should post, but please keep in mind that this is a raw topic for many of us. Please try to be respectful to eachother and to Joy and Austin too, they have awful beliefs, but they deserve respect too. Thank you.

Carry on from here

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32384-joy-austin-27-joy-and-austin-lost-baby-annabell-trigger-warning-miscarriage-and-stillbirth/?do=findComment&comment=1792015 

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
  • Upvote 16
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 10

So unimaginable. I have a one year old and the thought of going through that at all is just... makes me unable to breath ☹️

So sorry for their family :(

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

How awful for them. They truly have my sympathy. When you get past the first trimester you think the odds of a loss are so low that you'd never expect that it would happen to you. I'm sure having Gideon is helping them deal better with the situation. It's good to have their focus pulled to that one bright spot. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

That's horrible news. I feel so sad for Joy and Austin and I know it will be especially hard for them in November when all of the other girls are born. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 7

Oh man this is terrible news. And especially with everyone else due around the same time. No words. Poor Joy.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

That's horrible news. I feel so sad for Joy and Austin and I know it will be especially hard for them in November when all of the other girls are born. 

I felt bad enough for Lauren watching Jessa be pregnant knowing she was due the same day.  Anna, Lauren and Kendra having their daughter's and Amy having her son all around her due date will be hard for her and Austin.

Jim Bob and Michelle have went through this with Jubilee and I hope them and the extended family are offering Joy and Austin all the support they need right now. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I don't have anything new to add. I may not be Joy's biggest fan, but I am so sorry for her loss. I cannot even begin to imagine how horrible the reality of this must be. I hope she gets real medical care for her next pregnancy and takes it "seriously" (as in the sense that medical care is a good thing and we don't have to rely on "miracles" anymore per se, I hope I got that out right, I am not trying to be mean). I really think being under a doctors care next time might help her understand that this was not her fault and mostly likely could not have been prevented by knowing what is actually going on in each step. I really fear that rumored "women are a fault and must feel so for a loss" that seems to be a thing in fundiedom (have we seen hard evidence that this happens or is it just a rumor?). No woman should ever be made to feel like that. She is so young too, this must be the kind of thing you carry with you the rest of your life. Oh poor Joy (and Austin, I am sure he is devastated too). I really really hope they are being given the room to grieve however they feel appropriate.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 7

20 weeks, that's awful. And I hope Lauren chills out with the Asa stuff in light of this. All losses are hard but 6 vs 20 weeks, i think I'd have issues with comparisons if I was in Joy's shoes. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 24
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 22
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, meee said:

How old is she again - 20?

22 or about to turn 22

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Glasgowghirl said:

22 or about to turn 22

No, she is a little over a year younger than me, I think she still is 21 and won't be 22 util the fall

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

Poor Joy. She is so so young. She should be spending the summer working in a bar on some beach, before heading back to college without a care in the world. Instead she is carrying a dead baby, dealing with death and grief and the awful real world. It’s just not right. 

• Upvote 15
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

I'm so sad for Joy and Austin, this is awful.

My sister lost her second baby after 21 weeks. A beautifull baby and now, 10 years later, she still longs for her baby, she's like Joy convinced she will be with her baby after she dies, but that doesn't make her grief dissappear. She had more children and every pregnancy was very hard for her emotionally. It is so awful for Joy to have to go through this. And being so young and using no birthcontrol... That is all a very big burden to carry. My heart goes out to her.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

Well Lauren's IG response is about exactly what I expected. Lawd. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

I just saw this news...how devastating for them. I'm 21 weeks pregnant right now and I just can't imagine being told that. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 12

2 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

I hope she gets real medical care for her next pregnancy and takes it "seriously" (as in the sense that medical care is a good thing and we don't have to rely on "miracles" anymore per se, I hope I got that out right, I am not trying to be mean). I really think being under a doctors care next time might help her understand that this was not her fault and mostly likely could not have been prevented by knowing what is actually going on in each step. 

I think we need to be careful with statements like this, because we have ZERO idea what kind of medical attention Joy received this pregnancy. Her instagram proved that she had done a lot of things different this go around (more exercise, healthier eating, etc) and I just think assuming she had no doctor care isn’t fair to her. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

Another thing I just thought of, joy is probably going to be pregnant a billion more times. Her anxiety is going to be through the roof the whole time. I know two wonderful women who lost babies at 24 and 37 weeks and both were absolutely wrecks during subsequent pregnancies. Sadly I know joy will not be able to get real counseling during any of this. Just pray and put a smile on your face! I wonder if something like this will make them question their faith? They both have said in the past they struggle with accepting their parents faith. I also wonder if this will change how many kids they have? Will they slow down and take time to heal? Or be pregnant by fall? 

I really feel for them ?

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

How sad for them. I do hope they find peace and heal emotionally and physically per their prayer request. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

So incredibly sad... I wish them peace and healing and I hope both their families take good care of them. It was a beautiful picture too.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Well Lauren's IG response is about exactly what I expected. Lawd. 

I hope and pray (literally) that Joy/Austin have actual physical contact and support with her family, as well as his. To see all these messages from her family who I assume live fairly close to Austin and Joy Bothers me. I sincerely hope that in real life these folks know how to actually care for one another.  JB  and M have walked this path, and I truly hope they can be there to help carry Joy and A. Should they need such.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic