• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

DarkAnts
2 minutes ago, Carol said:

566997523_ScreenShot2019-07-02at8_46_23PM.png.4ee293d7566575d15e8bf2e5f93270a6.png

If this isn't deep, passionate, bone-rattling love then I don't know what is.

It's not about love at this stage. It's about their values and convictions aligning.  They figure that love will come with time.

• Upvote 24
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

Cheetah
1 hour ago, Spanger said:

Heh, I have made 2 real life people who are not into FJ at all listen while I summarize JRod July 2019 events to them, and I’m usually the quiet-type IRL.

One was Mr Spanger, who has been semi-patiently waiting for me to get to the end of the thread tonight... but suddenly got antsy about 5 min ago, reached over, and SCROLLED my iPad screen up as a joke.  Not cool, friend...  lol

My family already knew about my Duggar obsession but I never talked about any of the other people here until yesterday.  Yesterday I just had to describe the Rods to my daughter (she's 22) and explain why this engagement was such a source of amusement.  She still thinks I'm nuts but did raise her eyebrows (natural-looking 😉 ) at several of the pictures of the Rod clan (inlcuding that one above of Nurie and Nathan in the bushes). 

AuntCloud

AuntCloud’s prediction for the KelleRod holy matrimony:

Oh, calamity! The venue isn’t wheelchair-accessible, despite the massive research and planning* that went into the wedding! And here we have poor crippled Amy (quadriplegic), who isn’t able to walk like her twin sister Angie (identical), unable to attend her beloved niece’s ceremony, and also David’s brother, who likely spent way too many hours in the car only to be delegated to a spot at the back of the house so as not to get in the way of the Duggars-by-association! Sweet precious Amy was thrilled to watch the ceremony on her phone, from her comfy van in the parking lot. 

* Jill’s planning of her own outfit, hair and makeup, natch. 

Nervous
Audrey2
Posted (edited)

I'm having daymares of Nurie and Nathan actually breaking Free and moving someplace else only to see the Rodrigues mobile pull up and have Jill saying that God has laid it on her heart that they need to spend the next year making sure the newlyweds adjust properly to married life.

Edited by Audrey2
I know her name is Nurie. My phone is convinced that is a typo and I must mean Mary.

Waffle Time
Hane
4 hours ago, Dana723 said:

“Jesus never hugged nobody like that.” Really? “Greet one another with a holy kiss.” And people regularly embraced people upon greeting them in the Bible.

Ali
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DancingPhalanges said:

It’s on her (Jill)  Instagram as of now.  

Nurie means light and white gold means purity - or something. 

I’ve been following Jill since the threads were in the 30’s and right now, these Insta photos are so invasive and WTF as usual.

*editing to add there are multiple posts to Insta. She’s up and at ‘em. 

My favorite:

Hide contents

90AF14C7-A4CA-4C18-A653-87D3B95BD0AD.thumb.jpeg.e1ddc2199549e74042a5bcdd33311a91.jpeg

I finally caught up!

This picture reminds me of the naked pictures of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. They are always hiding their nakedness behind bushes.

Edited by Ali
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 5

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ms. Squishels said:

If he is now singing with the Rods, I say he's going to end up with them.  I think he and Nurie will be living near the Rods and traveling and singing with them.

I posted this back in January 2019.  Seems especially apropos right now:

"I was running errands today when I saw this.  Wouldn't it be perfect for when Tim and/or Nurie get married and still want to grift with the family?  Their own little RodPod!

Spoiler

RodPod.thumb.JPG.082b913949d5dd4bf20cf0506eb15a34.JPG

Edited by Okie_Bokie
I have the worst time with spoilers
  • Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
Posted (edited)

It was bugging the heck out of me that Nathan's tie had writing on it and I wondered what the heck it said.  I took a screenshot and enlarged it and....it's the lyrics to Amazing Grace.

Edited by Okie_Bokie
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 10
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

KateS

I literally can’t handle how Jill is constantly spewing junk out in the name of Jesus and condemning everyone who doesn’t believe just like her.  Anyone read the long post she put up today about courting vs dating and all it’s evils?! 🤢 

DarkAnts

I hope we get to see lots of awkward hand sex videos once they become engaged :handsex:

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2

Ms. Squishels
39 minutes ago, Okie_Bokie said:

I posted this back in January 2019.  Seems especially apropos right now:

"I was running errands today when I saw this.  Wouldn't it be perfect for when Tim and/or Nurie get married and still want to grift with the family?  Their own little RodPod!

What if Nurie and Nathan live in the Rod Pod in the yard, and then when it's time to travel, everyone piles in and off they go.  That really could happen.

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3

Bethella
4 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I don’t think Jill broke FJ - thank Rufus. I didn’t want her to be bragging to the fundies.

@Destiny can probably confirm, but I'm pretty sure the JRod outage was on Monday while the Cloudflare outage was on Tuesday, so they're not related.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

bird
5 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I don’t think Jill broke FJ - thank Rufus. I didn’t want her to be bragging to the fundies.

Hide contents

3BF55ECE-217D-468A-8757-3044A04234CB.thumb.png.2257e3a5047403596c11ebaa1a59ebef.png

She didn't break Free Jinger she broke an entire internet hosting platform. 

Also there are too many Davids in this new arrangement. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 33
  • I Agree 5

Closed Womb
1 hour ago, KateS said:

I literally can’t handle how Jill is constantly spewing junk out in the name of Jesus and condemning everyone who doesn’t believe just like her.  Anyone read the long post she put up today about courting vs dating and all it’s evils?! 🤢 

That post is super smug and it got under my skin.  Jill is so condescending.  

If someone really thinks (no-touch?) courtship is superior, fine.  But declaring dating the path to divorce?  Get over yourself, Jill.  (And, personally, I’d prefer divorce to staying with a deadbeat, lazy spouse that won’t provide.  Clearly, I dated.  <gasp>). 

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Spent
LittleOwl

When Mr Owl gets back from Canada I'm making him do the "oh no we are falling off our chairs into the water" pose.  Seriously, Jill.... wow. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 19
  • Thank You 1

OhNoNike
3 hours ago, Ali said:

I finally caught up!

This picture reminds me of the naked pictures of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. They are always hiding their nakedness behind bushes.

I was browsing lying in bed and my 3 year old just asked, “mommy, what are they covered up in?”  

Even the 3 yo thinks that’s weird.

luv2laugh
17 hours ago, nausicaa said:

@meee said in the last thread about how she hopes Jill doesn't ruin this for Nurie. I've been thinking the same thing. They are only courting, and Jill manages to eff up basically everything in her vicinity. 

I hope for Nurie's sake (assuming Nurie does like this guy) that Jill doesn't manage to ruin this. 

I also think Jill will ask the Kellers for money for the wedding. Like, a lot of money (which of course they don't have).

I think Jill will ask the Kellers to ask the Duggars for money. Anna DUGGAR is her soon to be sister in LOVE!

Sops2

Hiding in ze bushes again?

( hope this does not go against nudity rules by showing naked shoulders)

a_shot_in_the_dark_peter_sellers_and_elke_sommer.jpg

justmic
18 hours ago, griffin said:

I would love to know what he sees in her 

They are both horny as hell.

They went through their complete hormone-driven teen years not even being able to hold hands with someone. And being told that having completely normal thoughts about sex or being attracted to someone is a sin.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

Rachel333

It is a fleshly, carnal practice that has led the masses into fornication

Oh, Jill.

I had to come out of lurkdom to say how amazing I find this phrase. 

And you know, despite how people who promote courting describe dating as young people "playing the field," it seems like it's actually less common in the past to do that. Maybe it's just my perception, but I feel like back in the mid 20th century you heard about girls dating multiple boys without getting serious, but that doesn't seem to be as much of a thing today.

I had a fundie friend whose family used to be into the whole courtship thing post an article on facebook a while back that surprised me because it was a conservative Christian piece suggesting that Christians should go back to those days, since it can prevent young people from getting too serious too quickly, give them a better idea of what they want in a partner than only ever dating one person, and if they find they're not compatible then ending it is less traumatic than ending a serious courting relationship.

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

IrishCarrie

I was mildly optimistic about Nathan yesterday (he appears to work, he lives far away from Jill...) but I'm revising my opinion today. Any grown man who'd submit to that ridiculous photo shoot and/or not strongly object to having his every courting move plastered all over Instagram and Facebook is a total sap. He's just going to drift along with the Jilly tornado, isn't he?

Dang. 😫😫😫

• Upvote 33
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 11

Mischievous
nelliebelle1197
9 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Hide contents

3BF55ECE-217D-468A-8757-3044A04234CB.thumb.png.2257e3a5047403596c11ebaa1a59ebef.png

Sorry but she broke it. I talked to Destiny while it was happening. The Joshly Madison scandals frequently broke us so at least Jill was not the first!

5 hours ago, KateS said:

I tried but got bored. Honestly! She is not just judgy but dull.

8 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

I was mildly optimistic about Nathan yesterday (he appears to work, he lives far away from Jill...) but I'm revising my opinion today. Any grown man who'd submit to that ridiculous photo shoot and/or not strongly object to having his every courting move plastered all over Instagram and Facebook is a total sap. He's just going to drift along with the Jilly tornado, isn't he?

Dang. 😫😫😫

Carrie, don’t give up! I am not so sure you get many choices with Jill. Besides, he is at the stage where he cannot dare upset the parents!

VelociRapture
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Oh, Jill.

I had to come out of lurkdom to say how amazing I find this phrase. 

And you know, despite how people who promote courting describe dating as young people "playing the field," it seems like it's actually less common in the past to do that. Maybe it's just my perception, but I feel like back in the mid 20th century you heard about girls dating multiple boys without getting serious, but that doesn't seem to be as much of a thing today.

I had a fundie friend whose family used to be into the whole courtship thing post an article on facebook a while back that surprised me because it was a conservative Christian piece suggesting that Christians should go back to those days, since it can prevent young people from getting too serious too quickly, give them a better idea of what they want in a partner than only ever dating one person, and if they find they're not compatible then ending it is less traumatic than ending a serious courting relationship.

I actually don’t think that casually dating a few people at once is such a bad idea to be honest. So long as everyone involved is in agreement of course. 

But yeah, husband and I dated. He’s the only boyfriend I’ve ever had, but he dated three other girls prior to me. We’ll celebrate 12 years together this September and 4 years of marriage this November (same month our second child is due), but we’re obviously doing something horribly wrong because we didn’t court, marry immediately, and start popping babies out like candy from a Pez Dispenser. If only Jill had been around with her infinite wisdom to dictate (emphasis on the DIC) our lives and take awkward photos of us. Maybe we’d be on the right path then. 😂

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4