IGNORED

ibaptistcollege.org > Ivy League Theology School

DangerNoodle

Yes, this! I really want to know who they label as a cult and what makes that church a cult. I bet they think some mainstream christian churches are cults (Pentecostal, Catholic, Nazarene - off the top of my head).

I’ve heard some churches claim that basically, a cult is any group that doesn’t believe the same as they do(not in so many words, but that’s the gist of it).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

bet the Catholic church will be labeled a cult by this group. 

Nah, the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.  All the best fundie pastors say so. (check out John Hagee, Cornerstone Church in San Antonio).

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, OutoftheShadows said:

I find myself curious about their superior produce. How’s their lettuce? Will their celery put me on the fast track to heaven? So many vegetable questions. 

eggplants however will get you straight into hell .

• Haha 17
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Sobeknofret,  my fifth great grandmother was a Quaker preacher back in the 1700s or so I've read.

That's awesome! The early Quakers faced some terrible persecution both in England and the colonies, so she must have been a very brave woman. I have some Quaker ancestors, but everyone seems to have drifted away by the early 1840's. I'm the only Quaker in my family since then. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On July 3, 2019 at 10:17 AM, OutoftheShadows said:

I find myself curious about their superior produce. How’s their lettuce?

Would they teach you how to use a pizza cutter to chop lettuce like the almighty Maxwells?

• Haha 9

On 7/3/2019 at 4:23 PM, smittykins said:

I’ve heard some churches claim that basically, a cult is any group that doesn’t believe the same as they do(not in so many words, but that’s the gist of it).

When I was at a bible college, cults class involved two definitions. A cult could mean either or both of: (a) a group that had differences in "basic" theologies such as the virgin birth, the resurrection, the trinity, etc. and/or (b) a group that -- regardless of theology -- conducted rigid, intrusive control over followers, including indications of spiritual abuse.

Taken generally (a) means 'we don't agree with them' and (b) means 'they are slightly more legalistic than us'.

Edited by Pammy
Finishing my thought
  • Upvote 8

I just mostly think it is funny they talk about miniskirts like it is 1967...

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1