IGNORED

Status and age of women in marriage - TTW, Biblical Gender Roles and PP

Katzchen24

Is Vaughn Ohlman a Gothard-ite?  I was googling and found some things that referred to Ohlman as a Duggar cult follower.  Don't know if that referred to following the cult of mega families or Gothard's teachings. 

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Is Vaughn Ohlman a Gothard-ite?  I was googling and found some things that referred to Ohlman as a Duggar cult follower.  Don't know if that referred to following the cult of mega families or Gothard's teachings. 

as far as i know he is a Calvinist christian 

• I Agree 1

If that was really a post from pedophile creepster Vaughn Ohlman, he's upped the age range at which females are marriageable from age 12 to age 15.  Maybe that's to comply with his local state laws so we aren't all horrified.  ?  Hey, Ohlman, we're still disgusted by you! 

I don't think he was a follower of Gothard/Duggars, but it's been a while since I was involved in the conversations regarding Ohlman.  I do remember he was trying to set up young marriages at a Salvation Army facility, but then the Salvation Army regained their senses and canceled the event. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I do remember he was trying to set up young marriages at a Salvation Army facility, but then the Salvation Army regained their senses and canceled the event

IIRC, he was scheduled to rent a Salvation Army owned camp. It seemed pretty likely they didn't know the exact nature of the event he was planning. (I imagine he would just call it a "conference for like-minded Christians" or something.) Once the conference got some publicity, the Salvation Army cancelled his reservation pretty quickly. As far as I recall, anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I don't think he was a follower of Gothard/Duggars, but it's been a while since I was involved in the conversations regarding Ohlman.  I do remember he was trying to set up young marriages at a Salvation Army facility, but then the Salvation Army regained their senses and canceled the event. 

Vaughn Ohlman runs (or ran) “True Love Doesn’t Wait.”  He took down his website quite recently.

He's Calvinist, Quiverfull, and Christian Reconstructionist and Theonomist but, AFAIK, has never been Gothardite.  He's just his own brand of nutcase and part of the Biblical Patriarchal Movement.  He also pops up on Kinist sites.  

The Sally Army did indeed refuse to host his underage marriage event.  But only after a huge outcry and many public protests.  I don't think they had any idea who he was until then.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5