IGNORED

Dillards 78: Taste the Rainbow

Georgiana

On 7/21/2019 at 3:14 PM, SilverBeach said:

I absolutly totally agree. Very well said. The Duggars are a fertility cult.

For me at least the phrase "fertility cult" inspires associations of ancient pagan-matriarchal ritual orgies.  Damn, the Duggars are the least exciting fertility cult ever. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 28
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

For me at least the phrase "fertility cult" inspires associations of ancient pagan-matriarchal ritual orgies.  Damn, the Duggars are the least exciting fertility cult ever. 

The Duggars are boring as hell, no doubt. But with the parent's excessive reproduction and focus upon all that entails passing on to their children, I think the description is apt, Don't need orgies to be obsessed with sex and babies.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Don't need orgies to be obsessed with sex and babies.

Nah, but it sure makes it more fun! 

• Haha 21
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

Nah, but it sure makes it more fun! 

For those of you that like that kind of thing, LOL.

• Haha 11

Per Instagram Jill had her first cut/wash/style at a hair salon. Ben's sister, Danielle, did it. I don't know why I am surprised it's her first professional styling but I am.

• Upvote 17

On 7/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, SilverBeach said:

I have a friend I have known for 50 years. Her mother is 93. I cannot bring myself to address her mother by her first name.  Just doesn't feel right. 

I agree!  My oldest friend's mom suggested I call her by her first name.   My friend and I are in our late 60's and have known each other since we were six!  I cannot call her anything other than Mrs. Perry.   Can't do it.   

• Upvote 11

5 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Per Instagram Jill had her first cut/wash/style at a hair salon. Ben's sister, Danielle, did it. I don't know why I am surprised it's her first professional styling but I am.

Memories of the 19 K&C episode where the girls fried/permed each other's hair without masks or appropriate ventilation...

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

UO: I miss perms. I'd totally get a perm if that was still a thing. It was so cool just drying your hair and adding a little gel. That is until the perm started growing out and then your hair looked mighty weird. But for a while it was amazing. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I could never keep a perm. I'd do everything by the book, and it would go straight in two weeks.

• Upvote 3

So Jill put a post on her Insta story about a particular top being restocked (I guess it’s one she’s gotten questions on?). I clicked assuming it was from Amy’s store, but was pleasantly surprised that the store, Juniper Anne Boutique, gives 10% of their sales profits to shelters for abused women. I don’t usually like Jill, but that’s a great cause so I’m glad she’s promoting the store. 

• Upvote 22

4 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

So Jill put a post on her Insta story about a particular top being restocked (I guess it’s one she’s gotten questions on?). I clicked assuming it was from Amy’s store, but was pleasantly surprised that the store, Juniper Anne Boutique, gives 10% of their sales profits to shelters for abused women. I don’t usually like Jill, but that’s a great cause so I’m glad she’s promoting the store. 

Didn't we discuss this seller a couple months back?  I feel like there was some doubts about whether the $$$ had actually gone to a shelter?  I dunno, can't find the posts anymore...

• Thank You 3

OKay I have to ask, has anyone else heard that "It's pretty much known in the community that Jill got a hysterectomy" thing? Because I follow "Without a Crystal Ball" on youtube and she just did a duggar update video and at about the 31 minute mark she claims that it's well known in the quiverfull cult that Jill had some sort of emergency hysterectomy after her second and Jim Bob hates her now?  I have to say this is one of, if not, the weirdest theory/speculation on her I've ever heard before. Now I wasn't on FJ at the time Samuel was born so I don't know if this theory is discussed somewhere else, but I've literally never heard any cause to think this ever. Is this woman on youtube just pulling this out of thin air for views or something? 

That said I do think it would be wise for her to use some sort of family planning, and I think if Derek wanted to she would use a barrier method, but from the stuff said here on her live (I didn't watch the live) it sounds like she doesn't want to or is trying to imply that they're not using anything. Is it possible shes the one of her siblings with normal fertility? It's pretty normal for a 2-3 year gap between kids when nursing and not using birth control, the Duggars just seem hyper fertile, so it's pretty possible she doesn't actually have any fertility issues. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

OKay I have to ask, has anyone else heard that "It's pretty much known in the community that Jill got a hysterectomy" thing? Because I follow "Without a Crystal Ball" on youtube and she just did a duggar update video and at about the 31 minute mark she claims that it's well known in the quiverfull cult that Jill had some sort of emergency hysterectomy after her second and Jim Bob hates her now?  I have to say this is one of, if not, the weirdest theory/speculation on her I've ever heard before. Now I wasn't on FJ at the time Samuel was born so I don't know if this theory is discussed somewhere else, but I've literally never heard any cause to think this ever. Is this woman on youtube just pulling this out of thin air for views or something? 

It was floated at the time of Samuel's birth, largely because Jill and Derick went really quiet for about a week or so after his birth before they began posting photos and being back on social media.  It was one of a number of theories about why that happened (others - general traumatic birth, issue with Sam that they didn't want to talk about online, etc).  So yes, it's been speculated but no, it's not 'pretty much known' as they've certainly never confirmed it publicly. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

So yes, it's been speculated but no, it's not 'pretty much known' as they've certainly never confirmed it publicly. 

The language used in the recent Instagram story video seems to go against the idea as well. 

Derrick saying they won't be pregnant this year and Jill responding "you don't know that" makes it sound fairly clear that pregnancy is still on the table. Especially since the convo seemed fairly natural and fluid. Not as rehearsed or stilted as I would expect if they were trying to cover up a hysterectomy. 

To be clear if she did have one it's no one's damn business but their own and they have no obligation to share. But I can't see them being so open about the potential for pregnancy if it was off the table. Especially since Derrick is usually so twisty with his words and phrasing. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 15

Someone asked if Jill had a hysterectomy in the comments section of their 2018 Mother’s Day post. They answered ‘I don’t know where this came from but it’s not true’.  

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 12

Yeah, that hysterectomy stuff is pure speculation and rumor. All indications appear to point towards Jill being fine at this point. 

If there was a falling out between Jill and parts of her family then I assume it would be linked to either:

1. Sam’s birth and a disagreement over whether they should have help paying the associated bills.

2. Derick getting them kicked off the show.

3. Jill starting to make lifestyle choices that are best for her and/or her family. 

• Upvote 28

I don't believe the emergency hysterectomy rumours, Jill and Derick have both denied it and spoke about more children. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Have we talked about Jill's zucchini recipe that looks a bit like vomit piled on a plate?  

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

Have we talked about Jill's zucchini recipe that looks a bit like vomit piled on a plate?  

No, because there's nothing to say. It looks healthy enough and not at all snark worthy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

On 7/25/2019 at 10:57 AM, Four is Enough said:

I could never keep a perm. I'd do everything by the book, and it would go straight in two weeks.

After my son was born, my naturally hair lost it's natural curl. I decided to get a perm. My hair was a bit longer than chin length so I asked for a very loose curl just to give it some body. The woman used the SMALLEST curlers they had. I ended up with a fro. I cried, I got a refund, they had me come in for conditioning treatments for free...... it took me years before I got another perm (elsewhere of course). Eventually, my curl came back. 

12 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

No, because there's nothing to say. It looks healthy enough and not at all snark worthy. 

It doesn't look the best but its probably pretty good. I would try it. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

10 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

That said I do think it would be wise for her to use some sort of family planning, and I think if Derek wanted to she would use a barrier method, but from the stuff said here on her live (I didn't watch the live) it sounds like she doesn't want to or is trying to imply that they're not using anything. Is it possible shes the one of her siblings with normal fertility? It's pretty normal for a 2-3 year gap between kids when nursing and not using birth control, the Duggars just seem hyper fertile, so it's pretty possible she doesn't actually have any fertility issues. 

I listen to Without a Crystal Ball, too, and while I like her very much, she said several things about the Duggars that were either extremely speculative or downright wrong. She seems to think Jinger is the rebel, too, which....honey, no.

• Upvote 6

24 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

Ok so I wasn't the only one that thought, that looks good, I love zucchini.

Growing up we had a lady in our neighborhood whose name was Sue Keeny, so every time I see zucchini, I think of the Keeny kids and their mom. :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 11

Could it not be that Derick wants a bigger gap between Sam and #3, and is deciding that Jill doesn't need to be joyfully available during her most fertile days? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Could it not be that Derick wants a bigger gap between Sam and #3, and is deciding that Jill doesn't need to be joyfully available during her most fertile days? 

I fully expect that he doesn't want to add to the brood until he is finished law school. I would expect her to get pregnant the fall/winter of his 3L.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Charliemae said:

I read this response, and ones of similar ilk with a lot of consternation.  I absolutely think we should discuss and disagree with one another on here.  Some peoples's snark may be BEC or offensive or insensitive to another poster. 

But increasingly, I've seen this idea that just because you disagree with someone else, the response implies or outright suggests that the opinion should've never been brought up in the first place.  I think we should all be entitled to express our views on here, with the understanding that others may disagree and you may get totally schooled/outargued/downvoted etcetera (and I think most of us who are frequent or longtime posters have had that happen at least once!).  What I don't think is acceptable is the idea that if you disagree with someone, to tell them that nothing should be said at all.  

• Upvote 26
  • Confused 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic