IGNORED

Dillards 78: Taste the Rainbow

Georgiana

1 hour ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

The thing that made me cringe a bit (other than Sam in the car seat right where he could get hit with the ball) was how messy/chaotic that house looks. Like I am in the middle of packing to move and my house does not look like that. I will admit it is taking twice as long because I had to stop today to fix the chaos we made over the past couple of days, but that is just a normal day for them. I don't mean to be critical to anyone and I do get they have a big family, but in my memory of the old show I was always mildly impressed that such a big house with so many people stayed relatively neat. I was wrong, of course that was just for TV. I personally would not do well there. Also it was so busy. Just wow. That was a fascinating look into their actual lives. They should be more honest, like they say they are. I do have to side with the OG Duggar fam if they banned Dwreck from live filming there. I would be really mad too if I was filmed with out knowing and streamed out, and if my home was.

If I remember right, that was filmed right before the family was leaving to go somewhere. I think it might have been a trip somewhere, but I could be wrong. So I don’t think it was necessarily a “normal” kind of day in that sense. 

But yeah, I’d be kind of pissed off if someone filmed me and my home without my consent like that too. I can’t blame them if they were pissed at Derick after the camera was off. 

• Upvote 9

18 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am sure Derrick knows what the Kama Sutra is all about. I haven’t read it and I know. It’s pretty common knowledge for people who have been out in the world like Derrick. I think he knew Jill didn’t know and had to have known there would be a backlash but didn’t care. I think Jill was basically set up to look like a fool and Derrick knew it. I think Derrick tells Jill to make write about certain things and approves it, she gets all the backlash and then Jill has to clean up her posts. Derrick doesn’t get any blame and he was likely the puppeteer. 

This could very well be true, and if DD is her puppeteer, he IS following in JB’s footsteps.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Oh man now I want to see this "cleaned up" version!! The Kama Sutra has a LOT of advice about how to have extramarital affairs - how to do it logistically, how to do the sexytimes, even how to end them. I think my translation has a chapter titled something like "about other people's wives." ? Their version must cut out a lot of stuff...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

If I remember right, that was filmed right before the family was leaving to go somewhere. I think it might have been a trip somewhere, but I could be wrong. So I don’t think it was necessarily a “normal” kind of day in that sense. 

I'm fairly certain they were packing up for big sandy in the video.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Derick even said that they were in the process of packing up the bus for Big Sandy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

I thought there was something like that going on. Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

It's interesting that they are attending Big Sandy.  Many of us speculated they were moving away from the IBLP/Duggar borg with Jill's nose piercing and pants.  Others postulated that relaxing rules on dress was an overall fundie trend gaining ground across the board, even in formerly strict-ish circles like Gothard's, and that Jill's style change did not necessarily indicate a distancing from IBLP/Duggars.  But if they're going to Big Sandy, we now have evidence that it is the latter and that they're still involved to a decent extent with the Duggar brand of Fundie Christianity, even if their rules of dress have changed.

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@Georgiana it was the main Duggar family who was preparing to go to Big Sandy, from what I understand the Dillards didn't go or at least didn't said anything about it. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

On 6/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, TheMustardCardigan said:

Jill is “clarifying” her use of the Kama Sutra. 

C494C6C7-2288-4D39-97FD-F96611473EE9.png

Hey...didja know that Biblical marriage is between a man and woman who are married? Thanks for the clarification there, Jillymuffin. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Georgiana said:

It's interesting that they are attending Big Sandy.  Many of us speculated they were moving away from the IBLP/Duggar borg with Jill's nose piercing and pants.  Others postulated that relaxing rules on dress was an overall fundie trend gaining ground across the board, even in formerly strict-ish circles like Gothard's, and that Jill's style change did not necessarily indicate a distancing from IBLP/Duggars.  But if they're going to Big Sandy, we now have evidence that it is the latter and that they're still involved to a decent extent with the Duggar brand of Fundie Christianity, even if their rules of dress have changed.

5 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

@Georgiana it was the main Duggar family who was preparing to go to Big Sandy, from what I understand the Dillards didn't go or at least didn't said anything about it. 

I'm pretty sure that @Italiangirl is correct. The video in question was actually filmed a while ago, so it’s not recent. I don’t believe the Dills have been known to have attended IBLP events for several years now. They definitely didn’t attend Big Sandy this year, as they were moving to their new house at the time Big Sandy was happening. 

He did Tweet this back in 2017:

49B57ADC-9547-4350-B34B-7FB4F5D18628.thumb.png.d6187304d571fa7512ea1df994770e63.png

Its entirely possible he’s being purposely misleading somehow (ala Erin Paine’s “we no longer follow Gothard” statement which said nothing about their involvement with IBLP) or that he’s blatantly lying. I wouldn't be surprised if he was being truthful here though. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

It's probably a half truth, saying they aren't aligned is broad. It just means they don't follow everything, but they still follow some. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's probably a half truth, saying they aren't aligned is broad. It just means they don't follow everything, but they still follow some. 

Some of their beliefs probably are the same. But, Jill and Derick are not IBLP. They are another flavor of fundie. What ever flavor Cross Church is.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Some of their beliefs probably are the same. But, Jill and Derick are not IBLP. They are another flavor of fundie. What ever flavor Cross Church is.

Cross church appears just like any other fundie church, but those are often the most dangerous since they hide all their hatred under nice fonts, fancy photos and all the plaid shirts their (male) members are wearing. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Do we really want a "cleaned up" version of Kama Sutra? 

Is it even fun if it’s a “cleaned up” version? I feel like it wouldn’t be fun. 

(Disclaimer: I’ve never read the Kama Sutra. I probably should. It sounds like it’d make me giggle like a prepubescent boy hearing the words “penis” or “vagina” in Health class. ?)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Do we really want a "cleaned up" version of Kama Sutra? 

No. This is a one word response. But, no.

One more time. NO.

About as much as I want a shout out from Jinger.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

They're probably gonna one up Jinger's $60 shout outs and sell a Christian Kama Sutra, complete with biblical passages and a bag of skittles.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 12

19 hours ago, mizandry said:

They're probably gonna one up Jinger's $60 shout outs 

Wait, wut? Jinger sells shout-outs??? WTELF is this? 

Edited by Lillymuffin
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

Wait, wut? Jinger sells shout-outs??? WTELF is this? 

Yep! Awhile ago she posted an instagram story about it and bookmarked it; she teamed up with Cameo where she posts all the shout-outs. It's over here: https://www.cameo.com/jingervuolo

• Thank You 2

Someone needs to teach Jilly Muffin how to use emojis

First she uses the loudly crying emoji for Grandma Mary's death (which is most colloquially used humorously) and now she is using the winking kiss emoji (flirtatious use) for Joy's miscarriage. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, artdecades said:

First she uses the loudly crying emoji for Grandma Mary's death (which is most colloquially used humorously) and now she is using the winking kiss emoji (flirtatious use) for Joy's miscarriage. 

I agree.

This is so much me, only I'm a grandma, not trying to get a following or be godly, and use them only with my daughters and a few friends in texts. I've had to resort to looking up meaning a few times because I have a modicum of self-awareness. Even I think her emoji use is inappropriate and excessive. For my own self I need to find out the intended meaning of the squatting monkey. I use it as the shatting monkey that poops on you and your stuff then grins with a F-you smirk. Sorry, TMI about my old, boring life.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, artdecades said:

Jill is a lost cause. The only progress she can make is to fuck off into obscurity. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic