IGNORED

Dillards 78: Taste the Rainbow

Georgiana

32 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

I read this response, and ones of similar ilk with a lot of consternation.  I absolutely think we should discuss and disagree with one another on here.  Some peoples's snark may be BEC or offensive or insensitive to another poster. 

But increasingly, I've seen this idea that just because you disagree with someone else, the response implies or outright suggests that the opinion should've never been brought up in the first place.  I think we should all be entitled to express our views on here, with the understanding that others may disagree and you may get totally schooled/outargued/downvoted etcetera (and I think most of us who are frequent or longtime posters have had that happen at least once!).  What I don't think is acceptable is the idea that if you disagree with someone, to tell them that nothing should be said at all.  

I actually read that response as sarcasm.  But now I'm thinking it could go either way. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Charliemae said:

No, because there's nothing to say. It looks healthy enough and not at all snark worthy. 

That's your opinion. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ok so I wasn't the only one that thought, that looks good, I love zucchini.

Growing up we had a lady in our neighborhood whose name was Sue Keeny, so every time I see zucchini, I think of the Keeny kids and their mom. :my_biggrin:

My maiden name ends in cchini-

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

OKay I have to ask, has anyone else heard that "It's pretty much known in the community that Jill got a hysterectomy" thing? Because I follow "Without a Crystal Ball" on youtube and she just did a duggar update video and at about the 31 minute mark she claims that it's well known in the quiverfull cult that Jill had some sort of emergency hysterectomy after her second and Jim Bob hates her now?  I have to say this is one of, if not, the weirdest theory/speculation on her I've ever heard before. Now I wasn't on FJ at the time Samuel was born so I don't know if this theory is discussed somewhere else, but I've literally never heard any cause to think this ever. Is this woman on youtube just pulling this out of thin air for views or something?

This is really disappointing to read, because I got the impression from what I've seen from Without a Crystal Ball, she doesn't come across as the sort to pull stuff out of thin air.

Bleh.

10 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Have we talked about Jill's zucchini recipe that looks a bit like vomit piled on a plate

I think this is another example of Jill not having a good handle on how to take a nice photograph. That dish is going to be difficult to make it look appetizing - she should’ve showed a cross-section of it - maybe that would’ve helped .

5 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

I read this response, and ones of similar ilk with a lot of consternation.  I absolutely think we should discuss and disagree with one another on here.  Some peoples's snark may be BEC or offensive or insensitive to another poster. 

But increasingly, I've seen this idea that just because you disagree with someone else, the response implies or outright suggests that the opinion should've never been brought up in the first place.  I think we should all be entitled to express our views on here, with the understanding that others may disagree and you may get totally schooled/outargued/downvoted etcetera (and I think most of us who are frequent or longtime posters have had that happen at least once!).  What I don't think is acceptable is the idea that if you disagree with someone, to tell them that nothing should be said at all.  

I really like your response and agree with you. ?

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

I've made things similar to Jill's stuffed zucchini. If done well, it's healthy comfort food. I think is the problem witn Jill's version is the presentation. If she'd made it a tidier serving and added a mixed greens side salad (possibly with a crumble of goat cheese and fresh herbs) it would look so much better.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I think Sams birth had some complications. We don't know the details because they did not share them publicly. I remember he had to spend some extra time in the hospital.  I also remember seeing some pictures of him at home with stickers on his face that are used to adhere oxygen cannulas to the face. 

I think if if there was a rift between Jim Bob and Derick it would be over Derick decision to not exploit Sams traumatic first few months of life like they did with Josie. 

• Upvote 7

In general I steer clear of youtube gossipers. I have looked at the Dillards YT channel and whenever I do I get a bunch of suggested videos of "you won't believe what JB Duggar has to say about his SIL" or something like that. Anyone with a little bit of tech knowledge and the time/desire can make a gossip channel. There's been times when gossip mags have pulled quotes from this forum to create articles (Hi 'Jana is dating Tim Tebow'). 

Re: hair styles - I'm stuck in wavy hair purgatory.  My natural hair is not 'beachy waves' or tight curls, its a misguided frizzball mess. I can straighten it and get a good four days out of my hair without washing...or I can add styling products, constantly scrunch up my wet hair and I'll get 18-24hrs of decent curl before my coach turns back into a pumpkin.

On another note the Dillards haven't posted anything awful or funny lately (to me) and I'm bored. C'mon Wreck I know you have it in you. Still waiting on his follow up to Jill's 'how to be a good wife' blog.

• Upvote 9

On 7/25/2019 at 9:57 AM, Four is Enough said:

I could never keep a perm. I'd do everything by the book, and it would go straight in two weeks.

Me neither! Mind you I onlyt tried once. I was in high school in the early to mid 00s so way after perms. My hair is just so straight, it was stick straight the next day. When my mom helped me curl it for prom or homecoming it was usually straight by pictures no matter how much hairspray. A guy friend of mine (actually the twin brother of the girl who tried to home perm my hair) once bought me a really night straightener for my birthday because he thought I straightened my hair (which was very much so the style then). I felt bad telling him I actually didn't but I still have the straightener to this day!

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

This is really disappointing to read, because I got the impression from what I've seen from Without a Crystal Ball, she doesn't come across as the sort to pull stuff out of thin air.

Bleh.

I know, I've followed her column and youtube for a few months now and everything up until this has actually been pretty well researched. I admit I didn't always care for it (personally I'd rather take a long walk off a short pier then pay attention to the Teen Mom news but that's just me) but it did always come across as well done.  The Duggars aren't really her brand of crazy though so I'm pretty sure she's relying on this 1 source for most things. I hope in the future she does better research on the Duggars so she can at least get her facts straight. 

• I Agree 1

On 7/26/2019 at 1:48 AM, Peaches-n-Beans said:

OKay I have to ask, has anyone else heard that "It's pretty much known in the community that Jill got a hysterectomy" thing? Because I follow "Without a Crystal Ball" on youtube and she just did a duggar update video and at about the 31 minute mark she claims that it's well known in the quiverfull cult that Jill had some sort of emergency hysterectomy after her second and Jim Bob hates her now?  I have to say this is one of, if not, the weirdest theory/speculation on her I've ever heard before. 

Maybe she still has her fertility but it’s definitely noticeable that she’s no longer the favorite. By a mile.

So who is the new favorite? I’m thinking Joe since he got Kendra and she’s so pretty and fertile. 

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Re: hair styles - I'm stuck in wavy hair purgatory.  My natural hair is not 'beachy waves' or tight curls, its a misguided frizzball mess. I can straighten it and get a good four days out of my hair without washing...or I can add styling products, constantly scrunch up my wet hair and I'll get 18-24hrs of decent curl before my coach turns back into a pumpkin.

This is an outstanding description of your plight. Gotta share this with my daughter who is in your boat... er... pumpkin.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Jill had a live last night where Derick and Izzy were hanging watching a knee surgery video on you tube because that’s what Israel wanted to watch. They said they didn’t have Netflix but it was because they were cheap and kept doing free trials. Sam was in bed, Izzy was allowed to stay up because it was Friday night. He said he wanted to be an astronaut and a knee surgeon. He told the camera he was four. He does seem like a very intelligent child.  When he said what he wanted to do I felt like it was totally plausible that he could be either of those things if he wanted. With his dad’s stance on college, I didn’t feel any accompanying depression that he wouldn’t be allowed to follow his own dreams. 

Derick sometimes seems annoyed with kids, but not at all in that live. Everyone was relaxed and Israel was genuinely into that knee surgery video. Jill obviously was in wonderment that her four year old was so into it. I didn’t find anything to snark on. 

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 4

On 7/20/2019 at 6:08 PM, LacyMay said:

I know this has been discussed before. 

But this trait must go over really well in law school... I would 100% be driven crazy by a peer who did this in real life. It would be a constant battle to not tell him/her that they are wrong. 

Dimwit is the perfect culmination/combination of every moron I went to law school with. After the first thirty seconds he considers himself the smartest person in the room. Judges, lawyers, clients, everyone else - can smell that attitude a mile away. He's gonna get a royal smackdown. And he needs to get it through his goofy shaped head that none of this means a damned thing until he passes the bar and has a bar card in hand.

Personally, I can't wait for him to explain to the Character and Fitness committee about his gay bashing and teenager harassment on twitter. They look at EVERYTHING. And you have to explain it all. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

the Character and Fitness committee

Oh why or why wasn't there one of these for presidential candidates?

• Upvote 23
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 6

The Character and Fitness Committee idea made me think...

Can you imagine if someone made a “Damnations List” for Trump like FJ did for Jill R? 

It would be unending. ??

Edited by Starrynight
Clarity
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Starrynight said:

Can you imagine if someone made a “Damnations List” for Trump like FJ did for Jill R? 

It would be unending. ??

Amy Siskind's The List. Amazing, and depressing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

12 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Amy Siskind's The List. Amazing, and depressing.

Oh, I didn’t know that. Thank you. ?

I find it appalling that these people who are locked up in American Concentration Camps are the same people the Duggars and Dillards Missioncationed and even talked about adopting.  And not one fucking word about this from the Fundy hypocrites.   Says so much about what they really are.   Instead of storming Area 51 we should all storm those camps.

Edited by Don'tlikekoolaid
Added thought
  • Upvote 27
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4

On 7/26/2019 at 9:50 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ok so I wasn't the only one that thought, that looks good, I love zucchini.

Growing up we had a lady in our neighborhood whose name was Sue Keeny, so every time I see zucchini, I think of the Keeny kids and their mom. :my_biggrin:

I can go one better. I had a student at my college named Zucchini Hubbard.

• Haha 8

23 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

I can go one better. I had a student at my college named Zucchini Hubbard.

Hmmmmmmm. I'm not sure if I believe that.  I'd like to squash that rumor right now. 

• Haha 35
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Hmmmmmmm. I'm not sure if I believe that.  I'd like to squash that rumor right now. 

Good gourd. Why does everyone have to be so cynical all the time? 

• Haha 34
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic