IGNORED

Dillards 78: Taste the Rainbow

Georgiana

OMG. I think jingerites were right all along in speculating that Jill actually CAN'T have any more kids. Check out this new story on OK! https://okmagazine.com/photos/jill-duggar-husband-derick-dillard-impossible-pregnancy-fertility-issues/ Derick said pregnancy was impossible, which sure sounds to me like some kind of anatomical problem as opposed to natural family planning. I bet this is all tied in to whatever happened with Sam's birth and all the secrecy surrounding it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

2 minutes ago, silvia said:

OMG. I think jingerites were right all along in speculating that Jill actually CAN'T have any more kids. Check out this new story on OK! https://okmagazine.com/photos/jill-duggar-husband-derick-dillard-impossible-pregnancy-fertility-issues/ Derick said pregnancy was impossible, which sure sounds to me like some kind of anatomical problem as opposed to natural family planning. I bet this is all tied in to whatever happened with Sam's birth and all the secrecy surrounding it.

That's NOT what he said at all.  He said, because she isn't currently pregnant it's "almost biologically impossible" to have a baby this year; ie 2019.  Which is true.  She would have to be into her 2nd trimester to have a 2019 due date. 

I still haven't seen any real proof that they are doing anything to space their children. I think the implication was that they aren't planning and that's why they don't know when she'll be pregnant next. 

• Upvote 31
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, Charliemae said:

That's NOT what he said at all.  He said, because she isn't currently pregnant it's "almost biologically impossible" to have a baby this year; ie 2019.  Which is true.  She would have to be into her 2nd trimester to have a 2019 due date. 

I still haven't seen any real proof that they are doing anything to space their children. I think the implication was that they aren't planning and that's why they don't know when she'll be pregnant next. 

I haven't seen the original Instagram video so can't speak to context. But according to this article, at least, Derick said, "we're not going to be pregnant this year," which is distinct from saying they're not going to have a baby this year (which he also said). That sounds like he's surprisingly certain about it, and that combined with the "biologically impossible" wording has me thinking this is more than just baby spacing.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, silvia said:

I haven't seen the original Instagram video so can't speak to context. But according to this article, at least, Derick said, "we're not going to be pregnant this year," which is distinct from saying they're not going to have a baby this year (which he also said). That sounds like he's surprisingly certain about it, and that combined with the "biologically impossible" wording has me thinking this is more than just baby spacing.

I seriously doubt they’d be playing coy in that video the way they sound like they were if she couldn’t get pregnant at all. I also doubt Derick would have tweeted or liked a tweet stating that “two is for quitters” shortly after Sam was born if she had such severe complications that she was told she couldn’t conceive. 

There are other users here who did watch the videos and who didn’t mention anything about thinking Jill might not be able to conceive. I’m going to go ahead and assume this tabloid is reaching here.

23 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

Yep. I’m 22 weeks today and due on November 22. She’d have to be just under 16 weeks pregnant to be expecting a baby due this year at this point. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Am I the only one who is really curious as to where they are?

Looks like an apartment space above an auditorium. But where and why is a mystery. This is the quick glimpse he posted out of the door:

Screenshot_20190719_190741.thumb.jpg.b8e3a9705d6d2141f9034973f448243d.jpg

His exact words were "we're not going to be pregnant this year" 

Jill responded with laughter and "how do you know?" 

He asked if she was hiding something from him and then said it was biologically impossible for them to have (not conceive) a baby this year. 

Then she changed the subject back to the meal. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

Maybe an apartment in a church gymnasium. They could be counselors or speakers at a church camp this week and are using evangelist housing. Many large churches have gymnasiums on their grounds. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, silvia said:

I did watch it. The "biologically impossible" comment was referring to Jill have a baby this year, not her ability to get pregnant, which is true because there's only 5 months left in the year and babies take ~9 months to get here. He did say they weren't going to be pregnant this year, but then backtracked after Jill gave him a look and said something like "you don't know that". I really think he just misspoke and meant they weren't going to have a baby this year. Though it's possible he did mean it and just backtracked because Jill disagreed.

I am 100% sure though that absolutely nothing about the video even hinted that they had any sort of fertility issues. 

Edited by TuringMachine
accidentally some words
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Well Jill’s youngest sister was due in a March of 2010 and was born in 2009. It’s comletely possible for Jill to have a premature baby this year. I hope she doesn’t. But it’s not biologically impossible.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well Jill’s youngest sister was due in a March of 2010 and was born in 2009. It’s comletely possible for Jill to have a premature baby this year. I hope she doesn’t. But it’s not biologically impossible.

I was thinking of that, but decided not to put it out into the world. I can be mildly superstitious. I would assume most people would likely think along Derick’s line of thinking though and assume/hope they wouldn’t have a child born that prematurely. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

I've said it before and I stick by it, Jill will have her next baby right after Derick finishes law school. 

I don't think condoms are out of the question for prevention. If her past couple bedroom posts are anything to go by, it would be hard to do the rhythm method well. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Thanks to people who watched the video for additional context. So what are people's thoughts on why another baby has not yet appeared? Jill was so adamant at the outset of their marriage about not doing ANYTHING to prevent children. Given the time that has elapsed since Sam's birth, and taking into account average time to conception, it seems like they're either actively doing something to prevent or are having fertility issues.

26 minutes ago, silvia said:

Thanks to people who watched the video for additional context. So what are people's thoughts on why another baby has not yet appeared? Jill was so adamant at the outset of their marriage about not doing ANYTHING to prevent children. Given the time that has elapsed since Sam's birth, and taking into account average time to conception, it seems like they're either actively doing something to prevent or are having fertility issues.

I think they might be doing some sort of family planning. The way OfJill spoke it kinda sounded like not having a baby yet was intentional, but Jill's response kinda seemed like it wasn't? Or maybe they were just disagreeing on when would be a good time to start trying again?

Also sorry if my post above looked like I was being aggressive. I'm angry at the article, not you, for what seems like intentionally misrepresenting what was said in the video.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, silvia said:

So what are people's thoughts on why another baby has not yet appeared? Jill was so adamant at the outset of their marriage about not doing ANYTHING to prevent children. Given the time that has elapsed since Sam's birth, and taking into account average time to conception, it seems like they're either actively doing something to prevent or are having fertility issues.

My thought is Wreck is already annoyed with his existing kids and doesn't want more. Jill probably doesn't get a say.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, silvia said:

I'm inclined to think it's sheer dumb luck until they say otherwise.  The gap they have isn't insane for a women with normal fertility, especially if they aren't getting it on nearly as much as Jill wants us to think (someone protests too much).  I do so badly want them to make any sort of statement about quiver full,  birth control or family planning at all.  

• Upvote 11

16 hours ago, Arkfundy said:

they later revealed that Jill googles her nieces and nephews birthdays

Wow. Does that mean even the Duggars use the family’s Wikipedia page?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19

I straight up think Derrick has Jill using some form of birth control, and I'm pretty sure Cathy helped convince her it was OK.  And that wouldn't be wrong. The Dillard's are straying from the Duggar's path of babies till death to space their kids out and avoid having more kids than either of them can cope with.  I also think they will have 2 more kids, the 1st one  being due a few months after Derrick finishes Law School.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, silvia said:

So what are people's thoughts on why another baby has not yet appeared? Jill was so adamant at the outset of their marriage about not doing ANYTHING to prevent children.

That was what.... five years ago? People’s opinions and stances change. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

So now that several of the girls have kids of their own and know the responsibility of parenting, I wonder what they each feel about Michelle and JB’s tactics Sister mom usage?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Wow. Does that mean even the Duggars use the family’s Wikipedia page?

I wondered that and how long it takes them to notice if there's an error on the page when they look or a kid or name added by a fan for someone who doesn't exist given how many of them there and keeps getting bigger. Does Jill or well anyone look on Wikipedia and see Gabriel and have it take a couple minutes to remember the only current G-nephews are Gideon and Garrett? 

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I've said it before and I stick by it, Jill will have her next baby right after Derick finishes law school. 

I don't think condoms are out of the question for prevention. If her past couple bedroom posts are anything to go by, it would be hard to do the rhythm method well. 

I think the same, I can see her having on the spring that he's finishing law school or that summer. And then pop out another one in quick succession at which point Derrick will call it quits.

• Upvote 1

For all of Jill’s insistence that they are “one” and #besthubbyever and #soulmates and totally in sync, whenever they foolishly decide to expose themselves in insta lives like this, (which strategic Jessa refrains from unless it is planned/involving the kids being cute) it just shows the world how exactly not in sync and potentially unhappy they are. 

As always, I feel for Jill despite her many shortcomings. She got dealt a shitty hand with this fucking clown. 

Edited by Feministe9000
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Random thing - I realized today that Derick looks like serial killer Richard Chase. 

• I Agree 1

8 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I did watch it. The "biologically impossible" comment was referring to Jill have a baby this year, not her ability to get pregnant, which is true because there's only 5 months left in the year and babies take ~9 months to get here. 

This is petty but the way that Derick is forever “correcting” people on pointless minutia is so fucking annoying. eg. that time Jill talked about the mouse that got into their kitchen and scurried over her foot — “actually you’re wearing boots so the mouse ran over your boot!” He’s always doing it when people engage with him on twitter. This “biologically impossible” comment seems like the same thing. Drives me bananas.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I personally got the impression that she wasn’t comfortable being filmed. I feel like she felt ambushed and unprepared. 

He was complimenting her food though...saying “oh this smelt so good this morning”(whatever was in the crockpot)...I think he felt like he was bragging on her, where as she felt unprepared. She did mention she didn’t have a few ingredients she normally used. 

• Upvote 7

• samurai_sarah locked this topic