IGNORED

Dillards 78: Taste the Rainbow

Georgiana

Just coming here to post about the museum...this is where they went. https://midamericamuseum.org/ If they were at a real museum that talks about dinosaurs in a factful timeline I may lay down for a second. 

ETA: It's a real museum! 

4623D761-F75C-4D88-BB86-78FD06D4B73F.thumb.jpeg.fcb6f401c20e0da12c79a6293bf52485.jpeg

Edited by bella8050
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Just coming here to post about the museum...this is where they went. https://midamericamuseum.org/ If they were at a real museum that talks about dinosaurs in a factful timeline I may lay down for a second. 

Prepare to lay down then! The website talks about how the dinosaurs are from the Jurassic, Triassic, and Cretaceous periods and an article about the exhibit talks about how kids learn different scientific facts about the dinosaurs they encounter. 

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Hmmmmmmm. I'm not sure if I believe that.  I'd like to squash that rumor right now. 

Oh, now you've insulted me down to my marrows. May your squash vine thrive abundantly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I know, I've followed her column and youtube for a few months now and everything up until this has actually been pretty well researched. I admit I didn't always care for it (personally I'd rather take a long walk off a short pier then pay attention to the Teen Mom news but that's just me) but it did always come across as well done.  The Duggars aren't really her brand of crazy though so I'm pretty sure she's relying on this 1 source for most things. I hope in the future she does better research on the Duggars so she can at least get her facts straight. 

I just stumbled upon this:

Looking at Katie Joy's Twitter is making me begin to think she's  a bottom of the barrel "muckraker". Ick.

Edited by Dreadcrumbs
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Ok so I just did a thing. I wanted a snack and couldn’t find anything....so I just grabbed a pack of ramen and tried eating it i cooked. Dang it, I’m now kind of obsessed. I don’t know whether to be excited or embarrassed...

• Haha 15

Huh. “Speculation on anti-cult snark boards” = “open secret in the quiverfull community”.

It’s an open secret in the quiverfull community that Anna regrets choosing an M theme and is thinking of naming their next daughter Hayley.

It’s an open secret in the quiverfull community that Derrick hates Michelle and blames her for what Josh did to Jill.

It’s an open secret in the quiverfull community that Jill Rodrigues asked Anna Duggar to be bridesmaid at the upcoming Keller/Rod wedding without actually consulting the bride and groom.

I should write for gossip magazines.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 28
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, Smee said:

Huh. “Speculation on anti-cult snark boards” = “open secret in the quiverfull community”.

It’s an open secret in the quiverfull community that Anna regrets choosing an M theme and is thinking of naming their next daughter Hayley.

It’s an open secret in the quiverfull community that Derrick hates Michelle and blames her for what Josh did to Jill.

It’s an open secret in the quiverfull community that Jill Rodrigues asked Anna Duggar to be bridesmaid at the upcoming Keller/Rod wedding without actually consulting the bride and groom.

I should write for gossip magazines.

Just swap ‘speculation on the anti cult boards’ for ‘an anonymous source.’  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

I just stumbled upon this:

Looking at Katie Joy's Twitter is making me begin to think she's  a bottom of the barrel "muckraker". Ick.

Yikes, I hadn't seen that before - though i only follow her youtube for the most part - definitely unsubscribing over that. That's an extremely dangerous thing to insinuate about a person in a cult like this. You're definitely right about how her twitter makes her look. 

• Upvote 7

The speculation about Josiah bring gay is annoying we have seen nothing to suggest he is gay, just a few people deciding that how he acted on an edited TV show made him look gay. 

Josiah and Lauren admitting that the first year of marriage was difficult for them, due to them losing their first pregnancy and they are probably terrified something bad will happen again. They were also both going from living with family to getting married to someone they had never been able to spend any time alone with and had only courted a few months. I think they were just being more honest about the adjustment they had to make and how tough it was than maybe some of the other couples are. That doesn't mean they don't love eachother or that they were misserable the entire time.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, kiwi said:

They are at some dinosaur museum... doesnt that go against what they preach??

The Duggars are Ken Ham creationists. They believe that dinosaurs existed and did so during human history. Still craycray but not dino-denial craycray.

Since the Dill kids aren’t reading much yet and need to have the exhibits explained by their parents anyway, I assume they are just passing over the information that contradicts their dogma and focusing on the Cool Dinosaurs.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

The Dillard's may not be young earth creationist. You can be fundie and believe the earth is millions of years old. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Jill has another best hubby ever post up. This time Derick made her tea and took the boys with him to pick up groceries from Walmart so Jill could have some time to her self. I actually don't mind this post. Derick actually did something nice for Jill. 

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Yikes, I hadn't seen that before - though i only follow her youtube for the most part - definitely unsubscribing over that. That's an extremely dangerous thing to insinuate about a person in a cult like this. You're definitely right about how her twitter makes her look. 

I'm just delving into her Youtube content and I've not been impressed yet. ?

I kind of feel like a bit of a Debbie Downer here (not saying anyone here is making me feel like this), but this just isn't okay and if she wants to be a professional writer she needs to clean her act up.

• Upvote 2

On 7/26/2019 at 3:45 PM, acheronbeach said:

Have we talked about Jill's zucchini recipe that looks a bit like vomit piled on a plate?  

She's an inspiration to me! Every time, I want to take a picture of something I cooked, I think of her food photos and then don't do it. :) My cooking generally relies heavily on appetizing scents to convince people to eat it, rather than presentation. And I strongly suspect that it's the same for Jill.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Here’s my thought on the museum and DD. Yes, DD has expressed some awful beliefs, and for that he must always be held accountable. However, I do not think  DD is JB’s flavor of fundie. I do not think that DD is anti-education for anyone, anti-books or secular education. I do no think that DD wants double digits  number of children or a life with hard limits in terms of extracurricular activities for his family. Travel, school, adventurous eating and sports will likely be approved activities in his home. Yes, many of his beliefs are horrid, but I think JB is far more dangerous as he maintains a more shiny veneer. I imagine after the first couple of years, the Dillard boys will be in some sort of BM school. I can even see Jill attending JC.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 16

Gay not gay, leave it alone.  Some people are safer in the closet, not recommended but it is what it is. 

I have Severally repented for any speculation I might have done in the past.

BTW I have finally completed the Prayer Closet.  You are welcome.

Spoiler

179199B5-5B41-46DF-BAD8-AE2A0945CF1F.jpeg.10d0a0daf91a0e1a80a240e88225e5ac.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 14
  • Haha 28
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

I work at a "dinosaur museum."  We do get some fundies in---sometimes they come up and challenge us on the information we have posted---about evolution and extinction.  Very rarely, though.  I do lead field trips when religious schools come, and again, for the most part, they go off as normal (kids will occasionally mention that dinosaurs lived with Adam & Eve, etc.) 

We've had a couple of ginormous Amish (or probably Mennonite) families come in.  Anecdotally, they usually read every single thing and spend a lot of time at the museum---and have never said anything to us about the displays.  I'm not really sure what the Amish stance is on evolution, anyway.  The last family I checked in had 9 kids--from about 20 down to a newborn.  They were incredibly well behaved.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2

56 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Gay not gay, leave it alone.  Some people are safer in the closet, not recommended but it is what it is. 

I have Severally repented for any speculation I might have done in the past.

BTW I have finally completed the Prayer Closet.  You are welcome.

Hide contents

179199B5-5B41-46DF-BAD8-AE2A0945CF1F.jpeg.10d0a0daf91a0e1a80a240e88225e5ac.jpeg

Throw in some vodka and cranberry juice and I’m in

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

The Dillard's may not be young earth creationist. You can be fundie and believe the earth is millions of years old. 

I realise this delves into the “what is a fundie vs what is a conservative Christian”, but how does this work, exactly? I mean, I’m Christian and I believe the earth is millions of years old and dinosaurs existed before humans and evolution is not a satanic conspiracy... but I also believe the early chapters of Genesis are mythological in style and not meant to be interpreted as a literal account of history. I would think that approach to the bible would disqualify me from being fundie? Isn’t literal interpretation of every word of an infallible bible a “fundamental” of fundamentalism?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic