IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Holy Jesus, her video...

She is looking sicker by the day, and more unhinged by the moment.  Honestly, someone feed her and take her internet away...all of the strange food deprivation + spending every waking second trying to go VIRAL!!! is taking a real toll on her.  

face.PNG.2834d669d8d9eca9c4910b402586a8bc.PNG

ITA!

Lori looks like she has a structured settlement but needs cash NOW!!

That's BEC, I know, but, yes, she doesn't look well there at all.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

I agree!  I usually don't like to comment on looks, but she is not looking good. Her hair?!?!? last week on IG she was posting about the natural shampoos/conditioner she uses and raved about how great they were.   I wouldn't be so quick to brag.  and I know she said a couple of videos back how she was growing her hair out (I am convinced it was because she received flack a while back about how her hair wasn't that long and how Godly women were supposed to have really long hair -- it was the post about headcoverings).  It is not a good look!

Sounds like Monat. Famous for causing hair breakage,  loss and scalp burns.  It's also an MLM.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

One good thing about Lori's page is that it affirms my position as an egalitarian.

Growing up in a Christian home has been a blessing. Both of my parents worked their asses off to break the cycle of poverty that they grew up in. I didn't grow up in a complementarian household. My parents made a lot of major decisions together. My dad wasn't "watching" my sister and I when we would spend time together.

They encouraged my sister and I to go to college. A college degree may help in finding employment. I learned so much from college, and I was able to develop important skills like critical thinking. I have been doing research about women in ministry because of Lori and my associate pastor who hold comp views. I was taught to look at the evidence of a claim. Based on what I've read in the Bible, there is more evidence that qualified women should have a place in all ministry. The opposing party relies on a Bible verse where one word appears once in the New Testament and not widely used in extrabiblical texts at that time. How can you establish doctrine that hinges on a word with no definite meaning?

I don't think I would survive in a fundamentalist environment.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 13

Her hair looks overprocessed from not using proper products and overusing home hair color.  I used home hair color for years, but I always made sure I used a good conditioner.  If she wants to go natural, then she should use some mayonnaise as a conditioner and apple cider vinegar as a rinse.  She is also probably not getting enough rest because she's so stressed with keeping up her facade and trying to maintain her self-importance.  I really have no sympathy for her because she's just plain mean.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

42 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

She is also probably not getting enough rest because she's so stressed with keeping up her facade and trying to maintain her self-importance. 

I was thinking about that too.  Per the video: Who falls asleep pondering about why they didn't come under the feminist influence when they weren't raised being taught biblical womanhood (another slam against her mother and her church) and then makes a video about it??!!

IT IS NOT NORMAL.  These are the things that run through my mind before I fall asleep at night:  Did I remember to turn the dishwasher on,  don't forget to layout something for dinner in the morning,  details about an upcoming trip I'm looking forward too, thoughts of my husband (who is snoring by now!) and kids and different aspects of their current lives, plans, etc,  my workday ahead, memories of a good weekend I just had,  passing thoughts from the book I'm currently reading, reminders to get a new pillow because the one I'm laying on now is terrible and I wake up with neck pain, reminder to call and makes various appointments,  wondering about what to wear tomorrow/what's clean,  wondering if it is actually going to storm in the middle of the night and wake us up, menu ideas for family cook out over the weekend, prayers to God for protection for my family and strength to get through each day or any particular issue we are facing,  and prayers of thankfulness for various blessings.

Things I don't ponder before going to sleep:  How I came under the feminist influence and why. 

More proof she lives, sleeps and breath putting women in their place. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 13

I get so frustrated when she brags about not studying in high school or not preparing for the SAT/ACT.  This is not something you should ever say.  It makes you sound incredibly vapid and dismissive of learning, which is something that most people frown upon.  I studied hard in HS and college because engineering is not an easy major.  At least not for me.

And just because Lori didn't learn anything in college doesn't mean the NO ONE learns anything in college.  That's just ridiculous.  it says more about how little effort she put into school than the classes she took.  She has absolutely no concept of her experience not equaling everyone's experience and it infuriates me.

7 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

I get so frustrated when she brags about not studying in high school or not preparing for the SAT/ACT.  This is not something you should ever say.  It makes you sound incredibly vapid and dismissive of learning, which is something that most people frown upon.  I studied hard in HS and college because engineering is not an easy major.  At least not for me.

And just because Lori didn't learn anything in college doesn't mean the NO ONE learns anything in college.  That's just ridiculous.  it says more about how little effort she put into school than the classes she took.  She has absolutely no concept of her experience not equaling everyone's experience and it infuriates me.

Although this comment thread on her video post cracked me up!  Beware the communists in public schools!  :D

communists.thumb.JPG.6ce35433aa7a54df2708503ba3b8b2c6.JPG

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 14

Love how she smugly just decided the year that “Communists infiltrated the public schools” was 1993.  That’s the year I started teaching!  Oh no, Lori is onto me and my agenda! ?

Edited by Libby96
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 25

21 hours ago, louisa05 said:

That whole "the wine in the bible was really grape juice" thing is so popular with the tea-totaling  denominations. We had an hour long sermon on it once at Christian school chapel with all kinds of scripture twisting to prove it was really grape juice. It was apparently meant to convince the kids to never drink alcohol. 

I was just explaining that to one of Mr. 05's friends yesterday. He went to Catholic seminary for three years. He about lost it. It was pretty funny. 

And now I need another glass of wine. Not grape juice. Wine. 

ETA: Lori wrote that she doesn't like alcohol? Okay. Yeah, you do, Lori. The internet has the receipts. 

The Southern Baptist church is big on the "wine in the Bible really means sour grape juice" but in the next breath will tell you that the Bible is literal and never wrong.  But then they don't seem to have an answer to how come it says wine but means something else, if it's literal and 100% correct?  I've had that discussion a few times, just one of the reasons I left that hypocritical denomination.

• Upvote 11

I have to tell that idiot Sharon Appelgren Bogart that is not a single drop of calling to "Biblical Womanhood" anywhere in my being.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

Love how she smugly just decided the year that “Communists infiltrated the public schools” was 1993.  That’s the year I started teaching!  Oh no, Lori is onto me and my agenda! ?

So you're a communist, huh?  :)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

9 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

Interesting.  Usually it’s “when they took God out of public schools”(Supreme Court decision banning school-led prayer).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

But why 1993? What was going on that year that made her say that? I was pretty busy raising small children at that point, so I don't recall too much about what was happening in the wider world. I certainly don't remember a Communist coup in Washington.

Wait--that was Bill Clinton's first year in office. Aha!  :pb_lol:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

19 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

So you're a communist, huh?  :)

Not a communist...The Communist.

• Haha 18

As ever, Lori knows zip about history. I bet she has no idea that the original pledge of allegiance, and several versions after that, contained no mention of God. From a 1939 film (the person who posted this might be wrong -- this might not be the original version):

From 1953 (I think I cued this up right to it, but, if not, it's at 4:00):

Spoiler

Still no God! Ah, the good old days.

• Upvote 10

Can you imagine her scintillating conversation at a social event?  I hope Ken keeps her far, far away from his clients.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

I know that she is talking about her children's school, but at my public school, a good portion of the songs we sang were Jesus-oriented. My former music teacher is not a Christian, but he does embrace a lot of musical styles.  In choir, we sang songs from African-American spirituals to Gregorian chants and Glee. As a solo, I sang 'Be Thou My Vision' with no one saying it is too churchy. We even had a concert at the Catholic church in my hometown. I live in a small town and we had concerts in the courthouse as well.

By initiating conversations with a couple of my teachers, I learned that they were Christians. I was very open about it and it came up in conversation outside of formal instruction time.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Sounds like Monat. Famous for causing hair breakage,  loss and scalp burns.  It's also an MLM.

Of course it's an MLM, They seems to be Lori's favorite type of companies.

8 oz  shampoo - $39. But then she does spend $14/ lb on butter.

I have to ask though is 8 oz of shampoo for $39 being a careful, frugal steward of your husband/lord/master's money? 

Somehow I think not. More do as I say not as I do.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 11

18 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Of course it's an MLM, They seems to be Lori's favorite type of companies.

8 oz  shampoo - $39. But then she does spend $14/ lb on butter.

I have to ask though is 8 oz of shampoo for $39 being a careful, frugal steward of your husband/lord/master's money? 

Somehow I think not. More do as I say not as I do.

My sister-in-law was selling Monat for awhile. She tried to explain to us how the 8 oz went so far compared to "conventional" shampoo that it was actually more economical. I suppose it is if your hair falls out. Then you don't need shampoo. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

I bought myself hideously expensive Prose custom-formulated shampoo and conditioner because I’m a horrible single 100% self-supporting feminist with two 401ks, Social Security, a teeny pension,  a paid-off house (in a non-fancy neighborhood) and car, and no debt, so I can buy whatever the fuck I want.  I do not have the slightest interest in Biblical womanhood other than the commands to give to the poor and to love others as I love myself.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Can you imagine her scintillating conversation at a social event?  I hope Ken keeps her far, far away from his clients.

She would have nothing of substance to add to a conversation. His clients are educated, I would imagine, and she brags about how uneducated she is. 

7 minutes ago, Hane said:

I bought myself hideously expensive Prose custom-formulated shampoo and conditioner because I’m a horrible single 100% self-supporting feminist with two 401ks, Social Security, a teeny pension,  a paid-off house (in a non-fancy neighborhood) and car, and no debt, so I can buy whatever the fuck I want.  I do not have the slightest interest in Biblical womanhood other than the commands to give to the poor and to love others as I love myself.

I am using frizz dismiss by redken right now but will probably go back to olaplex. My hair doesn’t do well with drugstore stuff for any length of time. The texture has changed as I’ve grown older. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Her hair looks overprocessed from not using proper products and overusing home hair color.  I used home hair color for years, but I always made sure I used a good conditioner.  If she wants to go natural, then she should use some mayonnaise as a conditioner and apple cider vinegar as a rinse.  She is also probably not getting enough rest because she's so stressed with keeping up her facade and trying to maintain her self-importance.  I really have no sympathy for her because she's just plain mean.

Yes. I used to use color I bought at Walmart till a hairdresser friend showed me how to do it more professionally using high quality products. I bought a scale, a mixing dish, a tiny whisk, a cape, etc, and I buy the color online. It makes a world of difference. My hair looks better and shinier after I color it. If I got a dead-looking result like Lori’s, I would just go grey instead 

It’s not quite  as easy as the box color (tho really not that difficult at all) so it might be too hard for Lori. Does she understand what a gram is? 

Lori has sais that she and a neighbor color each others hair, and I suspect she doesnt know what she’s doing.

• Upvote 4

Looking at Lori's hair I nearly guarantee she's doing what a lot of home colorists do -- dyeing the whole head rather than just the roots. She's putting color on top of color month after month. That's why the ends are soooo much darker than the rest..  She's also probably buying cheap color which is drying out her hair.

If she can afford $39 for shampoo, she can afford to get her hair professionally colored.  If not at a salon, then at a cosmetology school where the students practice on real people and the prices are much cheap as a result.

If she wants to be all natural, use warm olive oil as a conditioner, put a shower cap over it, heat the whole thing up with a hair dyer and then let it sit for a few hours before washing the oil out.

But hey  ..... what do I know.  I'm a godless, jezebel feminist who has a job.  A jezebel feminist who has always worked full time since I graduated from the state university. Where, shockingly, I did not lose my faith. I also didn't become a slut or get a tattoo.  Nor did I lose my faith in the public schools (grades 1-12) I attended.

Yeah, yeah I know ... exceptions.  

• Upvote 13

Well fuck, I was born in 1992, I never stood a chance. *Cries communist, feminist tears*. If only my parents had a Lori around to share her wisdom. They would have known not to expose their daughter to the public schools. I mean it's not like I started cussing, became a Jesus feminist, and finally accepted being bisexual after going to conservative Christian universities. Wait, it was in my public high school that I somehow managed to be conservative Southern Baptist. I think I got it backwards I wonder how I managed that. Maybe communism had a delayed effect on me? 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Wait, I think her using Monat was just speculation and it seems to be being taken as fact. Just want to point that out. Am I wrong? Do we know that she uses Monat?

• Upvote 4

I think I found it!

Lori said she “googled” when communism infiltrated public school rather than referring to her own experiences or observations. So I googled it too! Literally googled “when did communism infiltrate public schools”. And on the first page of results:

https://www.biblebelievers.org.au/educatio.htm

With this sentence visible on the google page without even clicking:

“It was in 1933, however, that extensive infiltration began in the schools and colleges of this country”

Now, that says 1933, not 1993, but even I misread it at first. I bet Lori did a quick google, misread it, and that was her “extensive research.”

I checked for results to that search that include 1993, and none obvious came up for me, so I think her having misread an obvious hit is more likely than her having found an obscure hit that mentions 1993.

Anyway, that’s my theory!

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic