IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

My husband takes out the garbage. 

He also cleans the toilets. I have not cleaned a toilet in 12 years. When we were dating and he'd be at my place, he would go in the bathroom and be in there for quite some time. I finally realized he was cleaning the toilet and sink. Not that I never cleaned them, but he's a clean freak and wanted to do it. 

He does 90% of the cleaning in this house. I clean up after myself when I cook. I dust and clean mirrors. He does all the rest. If I did it, he would just do it again; so there is no point. 

I assume this makes me an evil feminist who hates God and his ways? 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 3

18 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Only Lori can make taking out the trash a spiritual issue. Holy mountain out of a mole hill, Lori. 

I'm guessing when it comes to taking out the trash, Lori is all: "I have health issues, my neck, my back, my parasites, my thyroid, my missing pituitary" render me unable to take out the trash (hand to forehead in dramatic fashion)

I wonder who takes care of LazyLori in Door County now that her mom is gone. She herself admitted that she was always letting her mom wait on her and her kids while they were there.  Can you imagine that? Can you imagine bringing a husband and four kids into your parents’ vacation home and allowing your mom to wait on all of you?  At least make an offer to help in the kitchen, or with the shopping, and make sure your kids and husband do their own laundry and cleaning or do it as a team. I would have been horrified if I had dumped that on my mom...and I can see and raise LazyLori on health issues. 

Edited by HoneyBunny
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Maybe they could (gasp :shock:) sit down like two adults and negotiate the physical and emotional labor based on who's more drawn to what, and remembering that both will have to do some things they'd rather not, 'cause it needs doing?

Or maybe (gasp :shock:) sometimes when one person is sick or overloaded, or "just because," the other could do some of their tasks as an act of love?

No... no... sorry... that's crazy talk. The man decides, the woman obeys, that's the formula for guaranteed harmony and bliss. What was I thinking?

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Maybe they could (gasp :shock:) sit down like two adults and negotiate the physical and emotional labor based on who's more drawn to what, and remembering that both will have to do some things they'd rather not, 'cause it needs doing?

Or maybe (gasp :shock:) sometimes when one person is sick or overloaded, or "just because," the other could do some of their tasks as an act of love?

No... no... sorry... that's crazy talk. The man decides, the woman obeys, that's the formula for guaranteed harmony and bliss. What was I thinking?

Now, now, that was your mistake. You were THINKING. We just can't have that if we don't want to be accused of hating God and his ways. :naughty:

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Catching up on Lori's lunacy.  Wow!

Overall IMO, Lori never does what she preaches.

Vacations: ooh, working women get fancy vacations, which is bad. But Lori, who has admitted to "working" on her social media, is in Door County for two months at a time. 

Education:  good for Lori, not for any other woman.  She even went to grad school, but poo poo if any other woman else wants their daughters or themselves to further their educations.

Social media: again good for Lori, not for anyone else. How many posts has she made about the evils of social media? Yet, she has a plethora of accounts.

Spending money on herself:  yet again good for Lori, not for any other woman. She slathers $14 pound butter on Einkhorn bread, buys $ 7/dozen eggs, buys organic foods, buys $75 denim skirts, but tells other women to live frugally.

Working women:  ooh good for Lori, who works on social media, not for any other woman. @Ken and Lori live in a million dollar home, thanks to money that they made off the backs of working women in orthodontist offices, yet heaven forbid if these working women need to work. 

Lori is a damn hypocrite.  Plain and simple.  I challenge her to live her life without touching anything that women produced or invented.  

As for Lori's latest drivel on housework, here's something Lori: what should I do in my situation? I have/had foot surgeries. One more to go. I can't stay on my feet very long,. I have gained weight, because I can't exercise or do much walking right now. Doctors are fine with temporary weight gain, and so is my husband. He hasn't made me feel bad about my weight ever.  My husband loves me and has been doing the housework, cooking, and taking care of our girl.  He hasn't once complained.  He also is friends with other women and I don't get jealous, like Lori does.  I'm secure in our relationship. Ken was probably social nice to some woman and Lori lost her shit.  I've a feeling that Lori is losing her grip on Ken and reality, because a lot of her recent posts are all about being a submissive wife (i.e., doormat).  She mentioned before that to save her marriage, she went all submissive housewife.

Overall, Lori needs counseling.  

Ok, done catching up on Lori.  

• Upvote 18

Interesting  doodle on IG today about what to do if your husband is too friendly with another woman?   

Hmm?  Random scenario or example from real life???

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Interesting  doodle on IG today about what to do if your husband is too friendly with another woman?   

Hmm?  Random scenario or example from real life???

Considering how many of Lori's scribblings can be traced clearly to something one of her children/in-laws have done, I'd say it's reasonable to assume that husband-related posts are also passive-aggressive stabs at Ken.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

RE: Trash taker-outer:  both of us.  He usually does it on the nights before trash pickup but if he doesn't then I do it.  No big.  Now as far as other housework....I do everything else beyond washing dishes.  That one we either tag team or alternate.  It threw me off bad when I first moved in.  My ex is a minimalist and very very clean so we'd tackle the apartment together every single week.  These days I just tell Honey to go somewhere, get out of my way.  I don't mind doing all the cleaning alone but I won't clean around someone sitting on their ass watching me.  

RE: the friendly men doodle:  yaasss Lori we all know your creepy husband has an eye for the ladehz.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Seriously, though, do these people actually believe that the God of the universe cares who vacuums their house or takes their garbage out? 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I'd really love to challenge all the women on Lori's chatroom and Facebook who are struggling and asking Lori for help to do just one thing:

Every time they are struggling with a problem, they should think about Lori. NOT what Lori says they should do - but what Lori actually DID in similar situations.

Their daughters want to go to college? Lori let her daughters go to college, and went to college herself. They are newly married with one child and need two incomes? Lori worked the first few years of her marriage. They're ill and hurting, but the baby is crying? Lori had a nanny come hold the kid while she napped. They're tired and don't feel like cleaning? Lori had a housekeeper come do the cleaning. Husband doesn't want the same thing for dinner she does? Lori made her own salads, and Ken did the cooking for himself and the kids. They want to get away for a while? Lori goes on vacation several weeks every year. Don't feel like cooking? Lori and Ken go out to eat pretty regularly. Want to wear leggings? There are photos of Lori wearing leggings. Want a drink? Lori knows somebody who makes great margaritas so maybe she can get you the recipe, or tell you her favorite wine or which restaurant has the best sangria. Struggling to get the whole family ready and out the door to church? Lori rarely goes to church anymore, as best we can tell.

I think if these women (who I know are super busy) took just one moment to stop in the middle of their day and think of what Lori did - or is doing - they'd snap out of it pretty quickly. I know if I was trying to follow her edicts and having a difficult time, and stopped in the midst of a busy hectic Sunday morning scramble and realized Lazy Lori was lounging around with her feet up in Door County trying to dictate what I should be doing, I'd be angry!

Lori knows nothing at all about being a submissive wife, a godly mother, or anything biblical at all beyond one or two verses. I don't know how anyone could think she's an authority on those things!

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

BD98DBF9-E83A-474F-BAB5-E98C5A2077F9.thumb.png.08dc380b0dcd9e17106fc5e4039ab12a.png

Spoiler

AAD24F59-B3D4-474C-99DD-C89F09D89DF5.thumb.jpeg.d24f5dad65dfde8bd00f651207d93fd1.jpeg

Sorry but my man isn’t god, a way to god, or my boss. Neither of us were virgins when we got together. I don’t apologies and neither does he. 

A poster below this says that we are no longer under the old law. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

We’re no longer under the old law unless there was something forbidden under the old law that was not explicitly forbidden under the new law. Then we are under that part of the old law.

At least that’s now it appears to this non-Bible reading heathen. 

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Sorry but my man isn’t god, a way to god, or my boss. Neither of us were virgins when we got together. I don’t apologies and neither does he. 

Now Lori has pissed me off, more than usual, that is.  Both my husband and I were married before, so obviously virginity was out of the question, but we have a really big mismatch in our sexual histories...let's just say he has a lot more past experience than I do.  That would have been a huge issue for me in the past because of the kind of bullshit Lori spreads on a daily basis, but not anymore, because everything that he has experienced and done in his life has made him the person he is today, and I would not want to change any of it.  The idea that a person has to 'forgive' his or her partner's past life is not in any way helpful, and can be extremely harmful, and Lori should just STFU.  :angry-fire:  

• Upvote 18

6 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I'm guessing when it comes to taking out the trash, Lori is all: "I have health issues, my neck, my back, my parasites, my thyroid, my missing pituitary" render me unable to take out the trash (hand to forehead in dramatic fashion)

Y'know, this may be the very first time that something on FJ reminded me of a song, yet I have absolutely no desire to write a parody.

?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

Unfortunately, Lori isn’t the only one who believes that premarital sex constitutes adultery against a future spouse.  I’ve even heard someone claim  that if you masturbate, you’re cheating on your future spouse—with yourself.  :bangheaddesk:

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 14
  • Haha 3

@smittykins  Oooo you just made me think of Tom Waits song "Better Off Without A Wife" which contains Tom's riff -- "... making the scene with a magazine/ I mean I don't get kinky/ I don't tie myself up first..."

And in today's FB post Lori smugly answers a commenter's question that yes, she was a virgin when she got married.

Why, oh why do I keep thinking she means technical virgin, everything but PiV.  Flirty Lori in her bikini (she's admitted to that) with all those horny HS and college boys she dated. I knew  a lot of GCBs in college who proudly claimed they could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch, but were saving themselves for marriage.  None of them lacked for dates. Imma jus' sayin'.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 10

In addition to technical virgins, we now have a reformed virgin chiming in.  Either you're a virgin or you're not.  I cannot imagine living with the amount of self-loathing some of her followers have.  And then we have the poster proclaiming that marriage at 14 years old is a wonderful thing.  

Lori would say this is not accurate because it didn't come from her magic book of statistics and is from the CDC (satanic, according to her):

For couples were are even younger, the prognosis becomes bleaker still.  In their article titled “Cohabitation, Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage in the United States,” cited by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), M.D. Bramlett and W.D. Mosher found that nationally, 59% of marriages to women who were younger than 18 at the time of marriage will end in divorce within 15 years.  In other words, nearly two thirds of all marriages to teenaged women fail within two decades.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Took a bit of a Lori break to follow the passing of Mrs. Dog, Beth  Chapman, but I'm pleased to announce  I will be moving up in the world as Jezebel working woman.

I'm going back to teaching full time instead of wiping daycare baby butts (the only job I could find after our move in Feb.)

I'm going back to "big school" and will be teaching middle school Language Arts and History.

I can even spell "tutor" and "wedding".

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • Love 15

860CB02D-E7AF-411A-9F6B-81B63B964C77.thumb.png.2650601806f2f47688ac25714f9ce047.png

jesus accepted everyone, as well as loved them. He called men and women equally out on their shit. He ate with sinners. He never once spoke on women being home makers, under husbands authority, or quite at church. He didn’t care about that. He cared about reaching people and sharing the gospel. Lori, you don’t make friends, or do, because you spew hate. You make moms that can’t afford to stay home guilty because they have to work. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

In regards to statistics. My catholic high school and my mom both threw out the fact that virgins who do not cohabitate are less likely to get divorced. This is true, HOWEVER, think of the context. Probably couples doing this belong to a religion that really really does not “allow divorce.” 

Next point: I did my own research, and as someone stated above, being older than 25 and graduating college GREATLY reduces the risk of divorce and basically negates the risk from cohabitation/virginity. Again, context. An 18 year old and a 19 year old living together and having sex then getting married and not going to college probably don’t care about the religious part of marriage and (in my OP) probably aren’t making wise decisions about marriage in the first place since they are basically horny teenagers with brains still developing! 

These statistics can be fear mongering without the whole story! 

Also, who cares about remaining a virgin when according to Lori sex is gonna hurt, you can’t tell your husband what you like, you probably don’t even know what arousal feels like or what the clitoris is, must turn your own self on ahead of sexy time (good luck if he wants a quickie) using mental willpower, your pleasure doesn’t matter, it’s all for your husband to not cheat on you, just use lube, fake pleasure and satisfaction, ......

i mean cmon what is special about that????? Sounds awful. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

I was told that holding hands with someone was cheating because he may not be my husband. I mean my boyfriend at the time didn't become my husband, thank goodness. He did manage to wrack up a couple felony gun  charges though. But yep that palm to palm hand holding is real bad. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 9

8 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Why, oh why do I keep thinking she means technical virgin, everything but PiV.  Flirty Lori in her bikini (she's admitted to that) with all those horny HS and college boys she dated. I knew  a lot of GCBs in college who proudly claimed they could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch, but were saving themselves for marriage.  None of them lacked for dates. Imma jus' sayin'.

Yeah sure, they have fun all around, but since the only tiny thing they didn't do is piv sex, they are still virgins. Sure baby, you are everything but a virgin. I'm not slutshaming here, I'm for all the fun for everyone as long as everyone is consenting out of free will.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 7/15/2019 at 6:37 PM, ColeJo said:
  Hide contents

1919820318_Screenshot2019-07-15at10_22_18.png.bc3bfaf78fd5b2a55fce5ec63b965c2e.png

Working together without hierarchy works well. 

Lori's idea of a good marriage does not create an environment for open communication. The whole post was about taking out the trash. Each member of the household should take the initiative to get things done instead of fighting about who is going to do it. 

Yes. Working together without hierarchy is a lot healthier because everyone involved feels responsible for keeping this thing going.  My husband and I are equally responsible for raising our children and running our home so we should have equal say in important decisions and feel equally responsible for the running of our home and as you said, you need an environment of open communication for this to happen.

I know it's not in Lori's Bible, but it's been proven that when hierarchy is removed from the workplace (where appropriate), people are happier and feel more fulfilled in their jobs because they aren't just cogs in a wheel and they don't feel controlled because they have a say.  But Lori couldn't care less about what might work for people or whether people are happy. 

I think she, as many other complementarians, is missing the point of what the apostles were trying to convey with those instructions.  I stand by my interpretation because I think it will lead to a happier marriage in the long run. I already tried the submission thing and it didn't go well at all. Had I spoken up and said "no" back in 2007, things could have been very different. 

• Upvote 9

8DF1642D-6372-4B67-B9F7-D7FFD8D601F9.thumb.jpeg.eb1d32c3c9a478744e3d496410946b32.jpeg

Spoiler

B90850F6-4FFD-403A-A6AC-5AC581EA2676.thumb.png.af51a3d4941fad51be6e20bd4acaf65d.png

Dear Lori, god gave us Ten Commandments one is love your neighbor as yourself, as the poster above mentioned. If you don’t love yourself how can you love anyone else? 

You keep saying god never commanded this and he never commanded that. Guess what? God never commanded anything except for the ten ones in the Old Testament. Older women are supposed to teach younger women things that they may not know on their own. No where does Titus 2 command women to do anything. 

• Upvote 9

44 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Dear Lori, god gave us Ten Commandments one is love your neighbor as yourself, as the poster above mentioned. If you don’t love yourself how can you love anyone else? 

You keep saying god never commanded this and he never commanded that. Guess what? God never commanded anything except for the ten ones in the Old Testament. Older women are supposed to teach younger women things that they may not know on their own. No where does Titus 2 command women to do anything. 

Has Lori deleted Melissa's comment yet?  

If Lori cared enough to read more than her few pet verses she would know that yes, loving your neighbor as yourself is a Biblical command, words attributed to Jesus himself. But I'm sure Lori knows better than the god whose 'perfect ways' she claims to love so much.  

Edited by delphinium65
Missed a few words there
  • Upvote 8

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic