IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

24 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

She says if you can't get much to grow in your garden it's because you're not godly. 

What if I don't have a garden?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

Joe says if you're in debt due to disobedience, you can turn it around by obeying [Gwen] and that it sure worked in his life.

If I obediently married Gwen, I'd have no debt, either.  But in seriousness, what did Joe bring to this marriage, financially speaking?  Does anyone happen to know if he had a successful career after his early movies?  I recall he wanted to be a musician, but don't know if it supported him.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Evil spirits can use vessels, much like Mr. Smith in the “Matrix.”...

...So satan is not in a red suit, but rather works through nice looking, even religious people

This is without a doubt one of my biggest issues with religion. It's so convenient for those who have commited "sin" to say, "It wasn't me, it was satan working through me." The removal of personal responsibility for actions is the loophole to get out real consequences. All you have to apologize for is allowing satan in, not for whatever you did. 

If satan works through religious people, and those controlled by satan are undetectable, how can RF be sure that Gwen is not an agent of satan? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

42 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

If I obediently married Gwen, I'd have no debt, either.  But in seriousness, what did Joe bring to this marriage, financially speaking?  Does anyone happen to know if he had a successful career after his early movies?  I recall he wanted to be a musician, but don't know if it supported him.

Joe was dead broke and had persuaded his beautiful Serbian girlfriend/actress/very accomplished pilot/babymamma to bring him to Nashville.https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0667874/   She bought a house which he may well be currently still attempting to steal by villifying her...see other members' forum comments some months back with all the actual legal documentation on the crap he has been up to. (Here's a good newspaper article the shows the lack of integrity in the court handling that case:   https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/04/03/williamson-county-juvenile-court-recordings-judicial-misconduct-sharon-guffee/443353002/

Anyway...Joe absolutely can NOT sing.  Sounds like a dying factory whistle.  He formed a one-man handyman company in Brentwood area not long after arriving in town and made zero money doing that as he's just not handy.  He did bump into other losers in the area and got tangled up with the wicked witch of Brentwood in that way.  You all do know that Gwen Shamblin Lara has a huge real estate, construction, slum landlord, development, what-have-you operation going one, right? He was quickly and easily bought and paid for.  Now she's footing his legal bill and cheering as he tries to steal the little girl completely from her mother's custody. Trial in August. 

The Remnant Fellowship cult thinks nothing of helping people ruin their former families' lives and are quite brazen about encouraging abusers to attack their victims again and again.  The Remnant Fellowship cult is just plain wicked, and none of the leaders (such as Gwen Shamblin Lara, Joe Lara, Tedd Anger, Candace Anger, Elle Shamblin or is it Erin Shamblin?, David Martin, the Smiths, the Stamps, oh Heavens! all of them!)  can ever remember that when Pastor Rafael Martinez was cleared of slander against them (due to his posts about their hideous record of abuse) the Nashville Court of Appeals affirmed that the good pastor had not said anything that wasn't verifiably true.

Now that Joe's flush with cash, he's trying to outdo his former girlfriend by going for every pilot's certification he can.  Gwen brags about this and seems super impressed.  You can check the FAA website for details on individuals' pilot's licenses.  He has only passed the basic level three medical certification and can't really fly commercial planes despite having a brand-new commercial certificate.  Hey wait, those little private planes are crashing all the time.....Hmmmmmmm.

Edited by NarcissismKills
Changed Croatian to Serbian and added a link to IMDB
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, NarcissismKills said:

Watching last Thursday's Live With Gwen and Joe Show. The Remnant Fellowship's cult leader (yes Gwen the floozy with the voice of a char woman) has her stuttering gigolo read a verse from Deuteronomy, but it's clearly a struggle for him. Gwen crows about how cool God is to reward obedience with blessings. She tells the viewers to look behind her at her great kitchen full of produce from the garden ... (deleted the rest)

She says if you can't get much to grow in your garden it's because you're not godly. 

So she has a huge kitchen full of homegrown produce (the amount  of which proves how godly she is) even though eating more than a couple of bites is a sin.  Hmmm, more mixed messages from Gwod. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Lover said:

So she has a huge kitchen full of homegrown produce (the amount  of which proves how godly she is) even though eating more than a couple of bites is a sin.  Hmmm, more mixed messages from Gwod. 

Some months ago one of her devotionals was about all the clever and creative ways that God prevents you from eating. Like you drop your pizza on the floor or the waitress forgets your order.

What if a bad harvest is a sign from God that you shouldn't eat veggies?

Edited by AmazonGrace
grammar were a thing
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

I guess they're cleaning house at RF.  Rise Above is an awful book put out by Gwen Shamblin in 2000.  There are so many of them left in inventory nearly 20 years later that they are busily trying to get people to just take them away....but it's a "gift".  Oh joy.  

This is from the latest RF newsletter:

RISE ABOVE BOOKS:

If you didn’t pick up your free copy of the Rise Above book, there is a stack of them in the sanctuary on the side of the stage. You can also stop by the Resource Room! 

• Haha 10

18 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

RISE ABOVE BOOKS:

Rise above books: refuse to read any!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

This divorce case makes for some amazing reading about a prominent Remnant Fellowship cult member who has worked for the FBI in the distant past. 

https://casetext.com/case/homonnay-v-homonnay-no-fa-03-0401627-s-may

It appears that Remnant Fellowship lent her at least $10,000 shortly before her husband filed for divorce in 2003.

Are loans a common way to make sure that converts stay with the cult?

Maybe RF really does try to buy some members' loyalty.

• Upvote 6

Since the woman in this case is now certified in "Sales Force" software, I guess she's working over at Phillips Healthcare along with the other Remnant Fellowship cult people.  Surely Phillips wouldn't like it if they knew that their headquarters is getting packed with a bunch of cult freaks.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

Since the woman in this case is now certified in "Sales Force" software, I guess she's working over at Phillips Healthcare along with the other Remnant Fellowship cult people.  Surely Phillips wouldn't like it if they knew that their headquarters is getting packed with a bunch of cult freaks.

Do you know who's the Remnant Fellowship member that got into management there?

That's the actual legit Philips company, right?  https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare

You're right.  Philips probably wouldn't like it if there's a trend of hiring from one particular cult.

• Upvote 1

God wants you to be super anxious all the time. If you relax and enjoy something Satan is winning. 

Spoiler

Stay Alert…

July 22, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We are warned many times to be alert. I am convinced that every one of us is supposed to have a raised consciousness. That is why our battles will be something different every day at different hours. We are not going to have the same exams. Yet satan is good at making us believe that we are okay and that there are not any battles. Or on the other end of the spectrum, he is described as the accuser of the brethren, and he makes us feel like failures and makes us want to give up. His tactics are to remain in the background and chip away at us on either end and have us lose the battle so subtly that we do not even know that we are in a battle, much less losing them—like a boat slowly drifting out to sea.

So, put on your Battle Armor, the war is raging! It is frightening to note that many people would never have thought that the very time of day they finally let down their guard and relaxed… the very time that they felt like they deserved to reward themselves with food (after all, they had had such a hard day) is the very time that they are to be awake, alert, on call, in the watchtower, looking for the enemy, and on their guard. The time that they have selected as an occasion to celebrate with food because something wonderful has happened, is the very time that they should be pensive and sober and on their guard. The time that they seemed bored with nothing to do and eating crosses their minds as a way to fill the day, is the time that they must be most prepared with a plan of action, active and busy with carrying out God’s will and resisting the desire to do their own will. The time that they finally think everyone has gone to bed and no one is looking is when the room might be full of demons to lie to them and secretly, skillfully tempt them. Yet wake up and see that God has sent a great crowd of Heavenly Beings cheering you on to victory and providing ways of escape. It is an invisible, daunting war that takes more lives than any war ever experienced on Earth.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

The time that they finally think everyone has gone to bed and no one is looking is when the room might be full of demons to lie to them and secretly, skillfully tempt them. Yet wake up and see that God has sent a great crowd of Heavenly Beings cheering you on to victory and providing ways of escape. It is an invisible, daunting war that takes more lives than any war ever experienced on Earth.

This sounds like a Stephen King plot.   So you want a midnight snack, and demons are coaxing you towards the cookies, but then you wake up and see a great crowd of Heavenly Beings cheering you on.  Were you sleep walking?  I would be scared of both the demons and Heavenly Beings, plus I really want some privacy!  If I ever wake up and see the Heavenly Beings (from the invisible war?), I hope the demons will stage an intervention. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

The time that they finally think everyone has gone to bed and no one is looking is when the room might be full of demons to lie to them and secretly, skillfully tempt them. Yet wake up and see that God has sent a great crowd of Heavenly Beings cheering you on to victory and providing ways of escape. It is an invisible, daunting war that takes more lives than any war ever experienced on Earth.

This sounds like a Stephen King plot.   So you want a midnight snack, and demons are coaxing you towards the cookies, but then you wake up and see a great crowd of Heavenly Beings cheering you on.  Were you sleep walking?  I would be scared of both the demons and Heavenly Beings, plus I really want some privacy!  If I ever wake up and see the Heavenly Beings (from the invisible war?), I hope the demons will stage an intervention. 

Maybe it is a real life Stephen King novel. Maybe RF has been cursed by the gypsies in Stephen King’s “Thinner.” 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe it is a real life Stephen King novel. Maybe RF has been cursed by the gypsies in Stephen King’s “Thinner.” 

I didn't know this one existed!  I've added it to my to-read list.  Thank you!

• Upvote 5

I feel like 

2 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

This sounds like a Stephen King plot.   So you want a midnight snack, and demons are coaxing you towards the cookies, but then you wake up and see a great crowd of Heavenly Beings cheering you on.   

How to tell you need a psychiatric evaluation? 

You think your room is full of demons that want to feed you cookies and angels that want you to starve.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 7

22 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Some months ago one of her devotionals was about all the clever and creative ways that God prevents you from eating. Like you drop your pizza on the floor or the waitress forgets your order.

Where can I see this fertilizer-show of a “sermon” by GwenJoe? I thumbed thru the website But started to get nauseated. TIA!!

• Upvote 4

@CTRLZero, “Thinner” was first published under Stephen King’s nom de plume Richard Bachman.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

On 7/20/2019 at 12:06 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

What is the God-Fearing Families Book Club and the Sunday Night Reading (live on FB)?

Why does it exist?  Do RF-ers actually have to join or is it open to everyone?  What do they read -- out loud I assume -- and for how long?  How are people chosen to host/ do the readings?

Is it mandatory to tune in on Sun. night.? What happens if an RF-ers doesn't and how would anyone know?  Do they take attendance via FB? Is an RF-er called out publically if they don't show up?

So much weirdness, so little time to unpack it all.

They have someone volunteer (volun-told) to read through Gwen Shamblin Lara's book series, just as @RFsurvivor stated, and the person/family changes every week. The live video takes place in the person's home & they are generally sitting in a comfy chair near a fireplace or beautiful decor. The live video is just of the person reading the chapter they volunteered were assigned to read that week. There's generally a prayer included, maybe a bit of discussion afterwards. People join in the live video by commenting and "reacting" with a mega amount of hearts and likes. You are encouraged to sit around and listen to this person read or to read along with them with your families, etc like you were at an actual book club.

The live video is posted on the Remnant Fellowship Facebook page if I'm not mistaken so it's available to the public. It's not mandatory but like every Remnant event, highly encouraged. I've never been called out for not tuning in to live videos but it wouldn't shock me if someone was keeping track of the live video "likes" and "comments" section to see who actually showed up.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Fashion Forward said:

They have someone volunteer (volun-told) to read through Gwen Shamblin Lara's book series, just as @RFsurvivor stated, and the person/family changes every week. The live video takes place in the person's home & they are generally sitting in a comfy chair near a fireplace or beautiful decor. The live video is just of the person reading the chapter they volunteered were assigned to read that week. There's generally a prayer included, maybe a bit of discussion afterwards. People join in the live video by commenting and "reacting" with a mega amount of hearts and likes. You are encouraged to sit around and listen to this person read or to read along with them with your families, etc like you were at an actual book club.

The live video is posted on the Remnant Fellowship Facebook page if I'm not mistaken so it's available to the public. It's not mandatory but like every Remnant event, highly encouraged. I've never been called out for not tuning in to live videos but it wouldn't shock me if someone was keeping track of the live video "likes" and "comments" section to see who actually showed up.

The latest reader was this person. https://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2018/01/11/remnant-fellowship-testimony-week-lisa-peters/

She's an anorexic grandmother with Gwen-wannabe hair and an awful lot of  bare skin showing considering the topic of her broadcast.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Somewhere someone mentioned Joe Lara was Tarzan back in the 80s.  So I did some Googling and was confused because I swore I had a poster of him as Tarzan in my room as a teenager sometime around the late 80s.  Wikipedia said he was Tarzan in the TV show Tarzan: The Epic Adventures from 1996-1997.  But then I found out he was in *another* Tarzan TV movie in 1989 called Tarzan in Manhattan. 

I had his poster in my teenaged girl room and there's a good possibility I touched myself inappropriately to that poster.

I don't know what to think about that.

• Disgust 1
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 17

Today we learn that Gwen was born yesterday and that she doesn't understand what dying is. 

Spoiler

A New Perspective on Hardships…

July 23, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

A caterpillar essentially “dies” in its cocoon so that a butterfly can emerge. Consider the spring that follows a harsh, deadly winter. Every year we watch trees lose their leaves, appearing to die; yet they come back to life bigger and stronger than the year before. Another symbol of life from death around us is the daily example of the long, cold night and the warmth of the morning sun rising again. We have to believe that the sun will rise again. Jesus drew a great word picture for us:

“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.” John 12:24-26

It all boils down to acknowledgment that we were born yesterday and that God is the Genius of forever. There is an eternal purpose, and when you are done with suffering, you will be done with sin.

“Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.” I Peter 4:1-2

She thinks that you can save yourself by making yourself suffer. 

Or else it's about your hips

Screenshot_20190723-122747.jpg

• Thank You 6

Ha ha, I thought at first that Gwen was going to talk about her hard [bony] hips.

I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

She must search out every biblical verse that has any slight reference to food.  Although we are *not* to think about demon food, but only turn our thoughts to Gwod.  In any event, is this verse true.  Does the kernel of wheat actually die, or germinate?  I dunno, any botanists who can explain this verse?  I wish these prophets would use more precise terminology.  :5624796c41285_DastardlyEviledevil:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

I'm no botanist but IMO Jesus is simply wrong there. Seeds that are able to sprout and grow may look dry and dormant or dead but they have metabolic activity. Dead seeds wouldn't grow

• Upvote 9

On 7/21/2019 at 1:17 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Where can I see this fertilizer-show of a “sermon” by GwenJoe? I thumbed thru the website But started to get nauseated. TIA!!

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I'm no botanist but IMO Jesus is simply wrong there. Seeds that are able to sprout and grow may look dry and dormant or dead but they have metabolic activity. Dead seeds wouldn't grow

The seed “dies” in that it ceases to be a seed and becomes, instead, the sprout. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic