IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today we learn that Gwen really likes her soldier in the army story, that if you would pick your nose here on Earth you would eventually pick your nose in Heaven,  that God is pretty cool because he didn't blow Earth up yesterday, and that God's infamous  omnipotence and grace is really quite pitiful because all hope is negated if we're not perfect. We can go to Heaven and  undermine him there. 

Hide contents

Love is the Answer

July 17, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

There are many passages that refer to being completely obedient in the Bible. Think again about the example of a soldier in the army. If a private only obeys 9 out of the 10 things that the lieutenant officer asks him to do, is he obedient and under authority? The answer is “No.” You have simply obeyed what you decided to obey, and you are over the lieutenant because you trump his decisions. You are put here on this Earth to finally acknowledge if God rules your life or not. There is absolutely only one way to show God if He rules in your heart. Whatever you do on Earth, you would do in Heaven at some point after a few thousand centuries. This desire to rule over God would rear its ugly head and finally undermine God and then try to outdo God.

The concept of surrender could not be done without full love. I want to continue to build on the love of God that has been the underlying, foundational point of the transfer, being born again, and this concept will continue to grow with learning to suffer for God. This love is everything, and it is no different than a mother suffering to birth a child but the suffering brings such joy. God is so gentle in the way He instructs us and corrects us. No human has ever been this longsuffering (which is love) nor patient with you. God is so unselfish in every decision He makes, starting with allowing this Earth to have even one more day of existence. What an expensive, heartripping experiment on God’s behalf to allow life in freewill agents who have basically projected and blamed Him for everything wrong on Earth when it is the greed in mankind that has caused his own demise. Love is the answer. Keep looking inward and see how you could love God and those around you more. God delights in man and he delights in our love for each other—a world of peace with no strife. Slow down and love; slow down looking for more and love; give, be patient and kind and longsuffering. If we could teach the gentleness of God to our children, then we will have hope of a world of love. With this as your purpose, you can easily see how people can give it all up to live for the treasure of Zion, the Kingdom of God in your heart. If we love ourselves more, it completely negates the hope of the City of God on Earth.

If you have not been born again, converted, transformed all the way, you have not surrendered all—you have merely given what you wanted to give, perhaps to lose the weight but not to surrender to the Most High God of All. To get the favor from God Most High, it is all or nothing, because it is how you show God that Heaven rules. This is our purpose and destiny. It is surrender all or nothing to this astonishing and incredible Creator of all!

I wonder if any RF member reads the daily squibs as closely as you do. Thank you for doing it for me. 

Watched some of their videos last night.  The similarities to Scientology staggered the mind. Right down to the emphasis on NUMBERS.  SO many kids in summer camp, so much numeric progress toward one goal or another. 

And the people are so predictably pretty.

Did I mention that Scientology bases its sets and stages and processionals after those used in the Third Reich? And Gwen’s sets mimic Scieno’s?  Eww  ...  

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 3

On 7/16/2019 at 9:25 PM, formergothardite said:

I see she is still keeping her weird obsession with the idea that children barely eat. 

Which is so bizarre. Kids are growing and usually much more active than adults and they can burn through calories like wildfire. As @Alisamer said childcare and primary schools at least plan for morning and afternoon snacks on top of lunch (and then there's after-school snacks before the evening meal). I think Gwen is thinking of when she was a teenager, which is when I suspect she started developing her eating disorder (and quite possibly became less active).

• Upvote 8

Gwen must not visit the RF summer camp much. Because kids are eating in at least half of the pictures posted. If she actually spent a full day with the children, she would see they are eating plenty. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

I wonder if any RF member reads the daily squibs as closely as you do. Thank you for doing it for me. 

Watched some of their videos last night.  The similarities to Scientology staggered the mind. Right down to the emphasis on NUMBERS.  SO many kids in summer camp, so much numeric progress toward one goal or another. 

And the people are so predictably pretty.

Did I mention that Scientology bases its sets and stages and processionals after those used in the Third Reich? And Gwen’s sets mimic Scieno’s?  Eww  ...  

I have heard about the history of Scientology  .  

But from what I heard the secret society  L. Ron Hubbard based the structure of Scientology on was the Ordo Templi Orientis . But until now , I had not heard of allegations  that is was influenced by the Thule Society .  http://home.snafu.de/tilman/j/occult.html  As to such Bible based cults as the Remnant , I feel that a more likely influence would be the Moral Re-Armament https://www.orange-papers.org/orange-religiousroots.html . Most famously , Glenn Close grew up in this cult , before she eventually left as an adult .  https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/glenn-close-reveals-spent-childhood-cult-moral-armament/story?id=26243647  Its core doctrine is rooted in extreme Christian perfectionism .  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

9 hours ago, feministxtian said:

My daughter could EAT once she hit 11 or 12. I mean...teenaged boy style eat! She started growing (although she's never made it past 5'2") and started changing from a little girl into a young woman. Disgustingly enough, she still eats like a horse and is maybe 120lbs now at the age of 36 (and has had 2 kids). 

We won't discuss my boys' eating habits then or now. Just thinking about those 2 makes my wallet hurt. 

I just had the one daughter, and she turned into an eating machine when she hit the teen years!  So did her friends.  I have always heard that boys eat more than girls, but they are all growing and need that fuel for their bodies and growth.  And, she fueled up!  She's not very tall, just over 5' and in basically good shape.  But the teen years were eat, physical activity of some sort, and then eat again.  I don't think Gwen was ever around "normal" kids.  The ones she was around, such as her daughter Elizabeth, learned her eating rules and are paying for it.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

L . Ron Hubbard wrote science fiction for several years before he dreamed up Dianetics, which became Scientology. 

There is a story that some science fiction writers were discussing religion and weird belief and L. Ron said he -could create a religion and get people to follow it.  Several writers made it a bet and L. Ron went off and created Dianetics.

• Upvote 7

On 7/16/2019 at 11:02 AM, Hane said:

Re kids not eating: In my family, it’s been my experience that growing boys ate more than growing girls—until my daughter’s 12th birthday party. For the first time, all the girls chowed so much that we ran out of food (and we’re Italian, so we tend to go crazy!) and had to send out for more pizza. I also noticed a strange phenomenon: From the waist up, all the girls looked like little girls, but from the waist down looked like LADIES—curvy hips, long, curvy legs. It took a year or so for their top halves to catch up.

I went to a team dinner with my son's swim team recently.  The whole team ate amazing amounts of food, and the girls were keeping even pace with the guys, and in many cases outpaced them. Most of the girls had a serving of dessert before dinner, ate multiple heaping plates of food, and then had more dessert. It was crazy! Growing takes lots of calories, and then add swimming for hours a day on top of that...it was an eye-opener for sure!

• Upvote 9

18 hours ago, Briefly said:

I just had the one daughter, and she turned into an eating machine when she hit the teen years!  So did her friends.  I have always heard that boys eat more than girls, but they are all growing and need that fuel for their bodies and growth.  And, she fueled up!  She's not very tall, just over 5' and in basically good shape.  But the teen years were eat, physical activity of some sort, and then eat again.  I don't think Gwen was ever around "normal" kids.  The ones she was around, such as her daughter Elizabeth, learned her eating rules and are paying for it.

Just one daughter here, too. She was in band and marched a heavy snare drum. Well, heavy for a teen girl that weighed 90 lbs. Let me tell you, that girl could eat. We would often have her friends over after practice and it wasn't unusual to have 4 or 5 of them go through 3 large pizzas, a mess of hot wings, several bags of salad and fixins', sodas, and still have room for dessert and snacks later. Baby Nova topped out at a whopping 5 feet tall and probably weighs 100 pounds. Genetics are crazy because she still eats everything under the sun and doesn't gain weight. She would be a terrible recruit for RF.

• Upvote 6

Thursday's devotional was published pretty late and it looks like she just picked a random passage from the Bible and added a few random words to it.

Spoiler

It Is Not Too Difficult…

July 18, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

There is a difference between a selection and a life or death decision. There is a difference between a preference and perdition. If you do not surrender to the God of the Universe, the stakes are too high, the consequences are too devastating. Moses put it this way:

Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it. See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess. But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess. This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Deuteronomy 30:11-20

Since it's Gwen it's best to check the facts to be sure so I went to Merriam-Webster for corroboration: 

Spoiler

preference

1a : the act of preferring : the state of being preferred

b : the power or opportunity of choosing

2 : one that is preferred

3 : the act, fact, or principle of giving advantages to some over others

4 : priority in the right to demand and receive satisfaction of an obligation

5 : orientation sense 2b sexual preference

perdition

1a : eternal damnation

b : hell

2a archaic : utter destruction

b obsolete : loss

I'm happy to report that for once her claims are correct, and there is, indeed, a difference between preference and perdition.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

Today we learn that faith without deeds is useless.

What deeds does God require? You might be thinking He wants you to do charitable works, to help and encourage others and to give comfort to those who grieve. But no, most of all God wants you to give up food. 

Spoiler

Do Not Delay

July 19, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We learned before that we are to put to death whatever is in our earthly nature. However, what the average person does is spend a lot of time thinking about it. They like to consider giving up the food, hear other people talking about giving up their food, check them out to see that they have not died doing it. It is the “drip, drip” method. We do not like to rush into God ruling us. But delaying what God says to put to death is a sin, and it will only cause you pain in the end. This society has only reinforced catering to our own desires and what we think is best for us. But what is best for us is the will of God. We have created a religious system that likes to choralize, moralize, puppetize the will of God but not DO the will of God. Big difference— and it is the difference that satan introduces and lives to disseminate to the world. However, stay in the Word of God—every book will be clear that we are to do the will of God.

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone. James 2:18b-24

You need to put to death those parts of you that require food. Do not delay, it is important that you do this today. Because if you eat it will bring you pain.

This public service announcement was brought to you by the Pro Ana Institute of Northern America.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 7/16/2019 at 10:02 AM, Hane said:

Re kids not eating: In my family, it’s been my experience that growing boys ate more than growing girls—until my daughter’s 12th birthday party. For the first time, all the girls chowed so much that we ran out of food (and we’re Italian, so we tend to go crazy!) and had to send out for more pizza. I also noticed a strange phenomenon: From the waist up, all the girls looked like little girls, but from the waist down looked like LADIES—curvy hips, long, curvy legs. It took a year or so for their top halves to catch up.

On 7/17/2019 at 7:49 AM, feministxtian said:

My daughter could EAT once she hit 11 or 12. I mean...teenaged boy style eat! She started growing (although she's never made it past 5'2") and started changing from a little girl into a young woman. Disgustingly enough, she still eats like a horse and is maybe 120lbs now at the age of 36 (and has had 2 kids). 

We won't discuss my boys' eating habits then or now. Just thinking about those 2 makes my wallet hurt. 

My daughter could regularly out eat Mr. D (who's 6'2" and about 230lbs). She regularly ate an entire rack of ribs plus sides when we'd smoke them for a party. She has slowed down a bit since she started menstruating, but she still out eats me every time. She had enough of a belly for me to become a little concerned (my mil is morbidly obese, so the genetics are there) but without a good way to talk to her about it, I just left it alone. Now her feet are already bigger than mine at 13, so I'm pretty sure she's about to shoot past me. I just hope my dad can follow directions and shut up about it in front of her. I think he's about to see where all that food goes. 

My son, on the other hand, is too picky to eat like that. He has finally started putting on weight since he learned to cook more than noodles (he rarely eats what I cook). I've never seen him eat a whole rack of ribs at a sitting, and he likes them. 

I suspect that girls have a much more complex reproductive system to grow and, even if they aren't terribly active, that takes more calories than a grown man needs. 

• Upvote 11

Gwen's hair! So I went to my stylist last night and she makes extensions and since her client base is almost all white, the extensions are primarily for hair like hers which is thin and limp. She is very talented and has also used her talent to help make wigs for people that have lost hair due to medical issues. She can spot extensions (Faith Hill, local newscasters, etc) easily. Her non-medical created extensions are often for wedding days (or herself). 

So last night I showed her Gwen. I asked her, what does this crazy lady have, a bump-it, what? She looked at and said she has piece (or 2) up in there. Then she said, oh my that hair is horrible and she kept zooming in to look at the hair train wreck even more. :happy:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

It's Friday evening.  Here's a peek into Remnant Fellowship homes as sabbath begins.

Bunch of wannabes.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Gwen's hair! So I went to my stylist last night and she makes extensions and since her client base is almost all white, the extensions are primarily for hair like hers which is thin and limp. She is very talented and has also used her talent to help make wigs for people that have lost hair due to medical issues. She can spot extensions (Faith Hill, local newscasters, etc) easily. Her non-medical created extensions are often for wedding days (or herself). 

So last night I showed her Gwen. I asked her, what does this crazy lady have, a bump-it, what? She looked at and said she has piece (or 2) up in there. Then she said, oh my that hair is horrible and she kept zooming in to look at the hair train wreck even more. :happy:

While I did find that to be rather funny , I do find it to be troubling as well , given that hair loss is a symptom of anorexia . https://www.hairscientists.org/hair-and-scalp-conditions/anorexia-and-hair-loss  So I don't want to make light of a serious eating disorder . 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Marmion said:

While I did find that to be rather funny , I do find it to be troubling as well , given that hair loss is a symptom of anorexia . https://www.hairscientists.org/hair-and-scalp-conditions/anorexia-and-hair-loss  So I don't want to make light of a serious eating disorder . 

Hair loss or not, the height of her pouf(s) is so distracting as to be almost hilarious. 

She’s not a tall woman, and dieting away to such a tiny frame makes her especially prone to disappearing, up on stage next to taller men whose typical clothing (padded shouldered suit jackets) is designed to make them look even bigger than they are.

Thus, probably, the beehive hairdo that’s about the  size of another head  

One of the main problems I have with the cult of extreme thinness in women is that generally we are already smaller than men. To become even littler just adds to a sense of insignificance. That’s JMHO and decades of experience in the corporate world, mind. 

• Upvote 13

Today we learn that Remnant music makes Satan flee and I understand him completely.

Spoiler

The Full Armor of God

July 20, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

In Ephesians 6, Paul said you need to put on your spiritual armor:

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:11-18

So if God could just warn us and say, “Okay, my dear children, you are going to be tested today by satan,” and give us the exact time and the exact test and the answer to the lie, we would always have victory. But in one sense, God has done this. Stay alert at all times. Expect the roaring lion to be after you today and every day. Soldiers dress for battle every day. Keep your eyes fixed on God at all times so you are able to fight and resist the devil’s lies and your own fleshly desires and temptations. When you sing songs and praise God, satan will flee, because he cannot stand to hear a beautiful song toward God. Praise sends satan and his demons fleeing.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled arm of Tarzan around your waist, with the breastplate cross-body purse of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness platform shoes that come from the gospel materialism of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield credit card of faith, with which you can extinguish purchase all the flaming arrows bullshit of the evil one RF leadership. Take the helmet hairdo of salvation and the sword Botox of the Spirit, which is the word of  God Gwod.

I've been away for a few weeks, and especially missed the cult of Gwen and Joe.  I see they have come up with a new pricing scheme for their ridiculousness.   I'm sure it's all in the effort to Make Anorexia Great Again.  I tinkered with the daily devotional, and think it makes more sense this way.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

2 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I'm sure it's all in the effort to Make Anorexia Great Again.

Grab’em by the wallet!

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

What is the God-Fearing Families Book Club and the Sunday Night Reading (live on FB)?

Why does it exist?  Do RF-ers actually have to join or is it open to everyone?  What do they read -- out loud I assume -- and for how long?  How are people chosen to host/ do the readings?

Is it mandatory to tune in on Sun. night.? What happens if an RF-ers doesn't and how would anyone know?  Do they take attendance via FB? Is an RF-er called out publically if they don't show up?

So much weirdness, so little time to unpack it all.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

What is the God-Fearing Families Book Club and the Sunday Night Reading (live on FB)?

Why does it exist?  Do RF-ers actually have to join or is it open to everyone?  What do they read -- out loud I assume -- and for how long?  How are people chosen to host/ do the readings?

Is it mandatory to tune in on Sun. night.? What happens if an RF-ers doesn't and how would anyone know?  Do they take attendance via FB? Is an RF-er called out publically if they don't show up?

So much weirdness, so little time to unpack it all.

So from what I can tell they generally read one of Gwen's books. She has a a whole series called History of the One True God and I think the most recent one if God-Fearing Families.

http://store.weighdown.com/BOOKS-DEVOTIONALS-C258.aspx

They started this after I left so I am not sure of the details. I wouldn't be surprised if leaders are checking for specific people because while I was attending, they would privately shame you if they saw you were not watching church (if not local) or not attending (if local). 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

40 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

So from what I can tell they generally read one of Gwen's books. She has a a whole series called History of the One True God and I think the most recent one if God-Fearing Families.

http://store.weighdown.com/BOOKS-DEVOTIONALS-C258.aspx

They started this after I left so I am not sure of the details. I wouldn't be surprised if leaders are checking for specific people because while I was attending, they would privately shame you if they saw you were not watching church (if not local) or not attending (if local). 

If there's a login to access it, "attendance" can be recorded automatically.  All it takes is a decent programmer.

• Upvote 5

So I found these Remnant Fellowship cult required reading books in a used book store. Worst writing possible with less than zero sense anywhere. The fact that they're actually reading Gwen Shamblin Lara's toxic waste material is proof positive that everyone involved is completely loony. Get hold of a copy and you will not be able to make it through even a paragraph.

• Upvote 6

The hottest new videogame is the Battle Of The Ages (henceforth BOTA). You will have to choose whether to join Satan's team of vessels or God's staff of Angels. God's team wants self-denial. In Satan's team you have a chance to eat, whether it be apples in the garden or meals in the desert. Mr. Smith of the Matrix franchise is also involved because the makers of BOTA are fans.

Spoiler

The Battle of the Ages

July 21, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Spiritual warfare is real. It is indeed the Battle of the Ages—the Ancient War of God versus satan. You are a part of the war whether you know it or not. Your role is very important, and it is the real purpose of your life and existence. You are a prize to be won, so satan lies and tries to get you to go one way, while God and His staff of Angels are fighting for you to go down the right path. These attacks against you—tripping you up so that you cannot find this invisible Kingdom—are all indistinguishable, obscure, clandestine, and insidious, so you have to pay attention to everything going on around you and interpret it spiritually. The war is invisible, but satan can, however, enter people. Evil spirits can use vessels, much like Mr. Smith in the “Matrix.”   In II Corinthians 11:13-15a it says:

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness.  

So satan is not in a red suit, but rather works through nice looking, even religious people, and his words are sympathetic to you as he persuades you that you are a victim, and emphasizes the difficulty, even the impossibility of God’s will for your life. Satan told Eve… “Did God really say you cannot eat that food?

Satan tried to get Christ to save himself in the desert testing and while he was on the cross. Satan is always trying to get us to save ourselves and to avoid self-denial. Satan wants us to project and to be the victim. But we are far from being a victim if we have life— an extremely rare and expensive opportunity! We are blessed to be chosen to have life and then a chance for eternal life. In other words, you have been chosen to enter the one and only Universal Spiritual Olympics.

When you become more aware, you can identify a pattern: there are obstacles when you are determined to do God’s will… or… a cushy, easy, enticing path when you feel sorry for yourself, feel victimized, etc. You will learn to get ready for the battle. The truth is the key. Preparation for all lies is the answer. Do what Christ did. He confronted satan with the truth every time satan lied to him. He stayed focused and praised God.

Satan works through nice looking religious people but I'm sure he wouldn't be caught dead wearing Gwen's hairdo.

• Upvote 5

You are a prize to be won, so satan lies and tries to get you to go one way, while God and His staff of Angels are fighting for you to go down the right path.

Note to current Remnant Fellowship members:  the RF leadership might not be on the side you think they are.

I can see tipsy Gwen girding for the BOTA with a bota.

• Upvote 6

Watching last Thursday's Live With Gwen and Joe Show. The Remnant Fellowship's cult leader (yes Gwen the floozy with the voice of a char woman) has her stuttering gigolo read a verse from Deuteronomy, but it's clearly a struggle for him. Gwen crows about how cool God is to reward obedience with blessings. She tells the viewers to look behind her at her great kitchen full of produce from the garden which is apparently her reward for obeying... What? Clearly Remnant Fellowship cult members have been busy in Joe and Gwen's garden.

She says if you can't get much to grow in your garden it's because you're not godly. Then she thanks various cult slaves for picking and pickling her vegetables. Holy garbage.

Joe says if you're in debt due to disobedience, you can turn it around by obeying [Gwen] and that it sure worked in his life. Unbelievably sickening how she bought this puppy.
According to Joe, Gwen’s help is why his "life's garden has started producing a tremendous amount of fruit". Okay.

It goes on like this for 23 long minutes. You must read the contrived comments that accompany the show. Extremely pathetic.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic