IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, SuperNova said:

FTFY. Joking aside, it's so creepy and telling that people in RF clap without thinking of why they do it. It says volumes about how much adulation Gwen's ego needs. 

I'd be guessing a combination of programming, social pressure and, well, lack of food meaning a lot of your brain was being taken up with food thoughts and just going with automatic responses. 

• Upvote 4

Step 1. Get rid of the last remnants of your love for yourself. Weed it, uproot it, kill, burn and destroy that bitch!

Step 2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Spoiler

No Hidden Root…

July 14, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

If you leave a root of love of self over love of God or love of food over the love of God, it will come back, and it will take over. If you leave a root of indulgence in the heart, even if you have laid 90 percent of it down, it will come back to take over. Why? Because you have not made the choice. You are just “playing religion.” You are halfhearted.

You have to say, “I am ready to leave the old lifestyle behind. I want a whole new life, a new life with God, away from idols, away from the world. I want a life with God.” You have to give up the relationship with the food. You cannot have it both ways.

That is what Jesus said. You have to give all of your heart. It is all or it is nothing, because if you leave a root, it will come back and take over. Esau was left with nothing. Jesus could have easily said, “Give your heart, soul, mind, and strength to God.” Instead, he purposely said in Luke 10:27, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and love your neighbor as yourself.” The “all” is telling. If it is just partial remorse, then you are saying that you have not decided to give up the relationship with food or the position of deciding when you eat or what you want to eat at all.

If desires rule over what God’s programmed hunger and fullness tell you, and if your desires for what to eat rule over what the body is calling for, then you are being your own boss over God’s body. You are deciding what is best. Think back to the decisions you have made over the years. Have you overfed the body? Have you taken care of your body? Have you made sure that the body was pure and that your mind has been pure? When you rule, you make many bad decisions. You must let God lead you and learn to hear His voice, His lead, His Spirit guiding you. He will always make great decisions for you, your health, your life, and your salvation. You must fight through the lies and fight through your desires to find God’s lead for you and your body, your soul, and your mind. When you love God with all of your heart and soul and mind, you will find His lead.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 2

52 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Step 1. Get rid of the last remnants of your love for yourself. Weed it, uproot it, kill, burn and destroy that bitch!

Step 2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Do you think she has any idea that she constantly contradicts herself? Or is her brain so starved that she reads these posts pointing out how her advice doesn't make sense and she just can't understand? 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Do you think she has any idea that she constantly contradicts herself? Or is her brain so starved that she reads these posts pointing out how her advice doesn't make sense and she just can't understand? 

I really don't think she sees the contradictions. When I was a member, I would try to reconcile some of the contradictions by asking leaders and I would get shut down and I was told that I was being too "legalistic." 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I was told that I was being too "legalistic." 

Or too "logical". Or too "smart" for that matter.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

When I was a member, I would try to reconcile some of the contradictions by asking leaders and I would get shut down and I was told that I was being too "legalistic." 

They said you were being too legalistic?  OMG, Remnant Fellowship seems like one of the most legalistic groups around!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Maybe she is simply an idiot.

A shocking thought, I know... but let me clarify.

Your honor, I would like to enter Exhibit A into the evidence of this case.  Please consider the highlighted passage. 

Spoiler

Do Not Hold Back

July 15, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

If you have a “root,” it just means you never gave yourself fully over to God. “See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.” Hebrews 12:16 You left a part of your heart, mind, and soul back to rule over it all. You have held back a part of the day that is “yours.” Perhaps you are afraid that God would not give you enough food or income or good times. Perhaps you think He is too distant or harsh. But look at all the animals. They are so taken care of—all with a home and a family and a future for the species. Remember back to your first few days, just trusting God with hunger and fullness, and how great you did. You did not hurt for anything—you lost weight and were happier and had so much more energy. Those are the moments of giving all to God. Those moments help you see the truth of God’s rule. It is wonderful.

All the tips in the world of how to eat less food will not help you if you do not just give it up and let God give back to you what He wants to give back. I can attest to the fact that it is more than enough; God is generous. Remember, more is not more—more is less. When you overeat, you cannot taste it, and the results are painful.

Even in the small choices—when you hear God’s lead through authority, suggestions from His Word, or directions from His Word, please take heed, because every little decision helps you to make a total life change. Learn to love to follow God’s voice through hunger and fullness. In I John 2:5a it says, “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him.” And the opposite is also true. However, if you continue to obey God, your love for God will be complete—daily choices that renew the mind until the mind is made up, and at that point it is a whole new life. You do not just make a one-time decision at age 12 to follow Christ. This is an ongoing life-change decision that you carry into every day, every space, every meal, and every situation.

All the animals are so well taken care of, they all have a home and a family and a future for their species, even if that future is extinction.

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

But look at all the animals. They are so taken care of—all with a home and a family and a future for the species.

Has she actually seen a wild animal and not some pampered purse dog? She has mentioned before how animals are just so calm and peaceful.

She is dumb and ignorant. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Thinking about the fact that Gwen Shamblin Lara is a registered dietician in the State of Tennessee, I took a look at her Practitioner Profile Data from the Tennessee Board of Dietitians/Nutritionist Examiners.

There seems to be no adverse information at all, which I find odd.  As controversial as she's been over the years, I can't believe there have been no complaints.

If anyone is interested in looking at it, go here to search.  https://apps.health.tn.gov/Licensure/default.aspx

Gwod01.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

My assumption is that she hasn’t directly had patients in Tennessee much, especially since starting Weigh Down. This assumption is based on the way she always tells her backstory, in which she makes it sound like most of her direct patients before starting Weigh Down were in very poor communities in Mississippi.

The way she seems to function nowadays seems to be by giving advice en masse indirectly through Weigh Down without ever having a direct practitioner-patient relationship with anyone...and with occasional fine print reminding people to check with their actual doctor. In this way, Gwen is more similar to Dr. Oz than to Dr. Bob Sears. Bob Sears was maintaining direct relationships with patients, so when the CA medical board received complaints about him, they could look into his records and find direct patients who were put at risk by his substandard medical advice with regard to vaccines. Meanwhile, Dr. Oz rarely sees patients directly anymore and isnt selling those patients the bullshit/potentially harmful stuff he sells to other people through his indirect advice on TV. Professional guidelines and malpractice laws vary but often are outdated when dealing with problems that arise in our current age of mass media. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

My assumption is that she hasn’t directly had patients in Tennessee much, especially since starting Weigh Down. This assumption is based on the way she always tells her backstory, in which she makes it sound like most of her direct patients before starting Weigh Down were in very poor communities in Mississippi.

The way she seems to function nowadays seems to be by giving advice en masse indirectly through Weigh Down without ever having a direct practitioner-patient relationship with anyone...and with occasional fine print reminding people to check with their actual doctor. In this way, Gwen is more similar to Dr. Oz than to Dr. Bob Sears. Bob Sears was maintaining direct relationships with patients, so when the CA medical board received complaints about him, they could look into his records and find direct patients who were put at risk by his substandard medical advice with regard to vaccines. Meanwhile, Dr. Oz rarely sees patients directly anymore and isnt selling those patients the bullshit/potentially harmful stuff he sells to other people through his indirect advice on TV. Professional guidelines and malpractice laws vary but often are outdated when dealing with problems that arise in our current age of mass media. 

She lists Weigh Down as her "practice", but I guess she had to put something in the blank.

Gwod02.png

• Upvote 5

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, if you would please direct your attention to the next piece of evidence. To your consideration, I submit Exhibit B, wherein she contends that if you allow yourself to be five pounds overweight it will lead to polygamy. Presumably this is because you will attract more suitors if you are curvier. In this Exhibit she also implies that most people eat because they're afraid that America will run out of food and that 30- or 40-year-olds are pretty ancient.

The defense may wish to point out that her maths skills are spot on. If you're 30 years old now and live to the ripe old age of 80, you will almost certainly see food thousands of times. If you eat twice per day and do not go blind you will see food 36500 times to be exact, not counting trips to the grocery store.

Spoiler

Experiencing Real Freedom

July 16, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

I want you to experience freedom. Jesus came to Earth—he lived and died to set you free, and down deep you long to be free. Truth helps to end your anxious greed for food. For example, the truth is that you have thousands of eating occasions left in your life, even if you are 30 or 40 years old, and you will see the food many more times during your life.

Just as truth sets you free, lies keep you locked in your prison of poor choices. For example, the lie… “I have to eat this food now because I might not see it again.” The truth is that America is not going to run out of food. Another lie… “I am different, I cannot reform.” But the truth is that you can reform your ways and you probably used to eat this way as a child. The truth is that God commands you to eat right and to take care of your body. In I Corinthians 3:16-17 it says:

Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

But of course you can change today. You were made to change! Here is the truth… You cannot just disobey God and destroy your body with overeating. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, “Go and sin no more.”[John 8:11] If I could sum up the definition of sin—which, of course, now we know also means wrong choices/addictions—I would say that it is giving yourself permission to get out from underneath the guiding hand of God/authority. Jumping in and out of authority means you are your own god, and the problem with this scenario is that it keeps the insubordinate person up 3 pounds, then a few years later up 5 pounds, and what used to be disgusting to you becomes normal; and then you find yourself up 11 pounds, up 20 pounds, and you just get used to being “up” and you dress for it. Disobedience (partial obedience) becomes obedience in your mind— the norm. People who create the “new norm” scare me to death—it is no different than the “new norm” all of the sudden being polygamy… So where does it stop? God has told us not to continue in sin, and He would not have told us that if we could not do it. Obey God fully—this is the essential, imminent requirement

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 11
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

But the truth is that you can reform your ways and you probably used to eat this way as a child.

I see she is still keeping her weird obsession with the idea that children barely eat. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Just as truth sets you free, lies keep you locked in your prison of poor choices. For example, the lie… “I have to eat this food now because I might not see it again.” The truth is that America is not going to run out of food. Another lie…

Gwen, hundreds of thousands or millions of Americans are food insecure. You, in your rich, Brentwood neighborhood have plenty to eat. This might be shocking to Gwen but some of her followers, do not. 

You cannot just disobey God and destroy your body with overeating.

God does get upset about gluttonous behavior, however, no where in the bible does God ask people to forever starve themselves. Fasts go on in the Bible but they are for a period of time. Gwen preaches a 24/7/365 fasting diet - aka - anorexia aka slowly dying of malnourishment and starvation. 

Jesus told the woman caught in adultery,

Seriously, she equates overeating with adultery?! Wow. And anyone else see that Gwen has been talking about adultery numerous times lately? 

Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

So won't God be upset that some of his people (Remnant Fellowship, Weigh Down followers, Gwen Shamblin Lara, etc) are destroying his temple by not fueling the body? 

People who create the “new norm” scare me to death—it is no different than the “new norm” all of the sudden being polygamy

Is she saying polygamy is the new norm? I know of zero people in real life that practice polygamy... She needs to turn off TLC. 

Gwen Shamblin Lara you are a false preacher, a dangerous dietitian/nutritionist. You are the wolf in sheep's clothing. 

• Upvote 11

28 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Seriously, she equates overeating with adultery?! Wow. And anyone else see that Gwen has been talking about adultery numerous times lately? 

Well of course, it's a relationship with food, and everyone knows that a good lasagna is better than bad sex.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I see she is still keeping her weird obsession with the idea that children barely eat. 

My kids have been known to occasionally eat so much they vomited.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

it keeps the insubordinate person up 3 pounds, then a few years later up 5 pounds, and what used to be disgusting to you becomes normal;

So 5 pounds above an ideal weight (that SHE determines, I believe) is disgusting?  Wow!  So unloving, unforgiving, hateful.  This statement says so much about who she is and what she is TEACHING others. 

1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Re kids not eating: In my family, it’s been my experience that growing boys ate more than growing girls—until my daughter’s 12th birthday party. For the first time, all the girls chowed so much that we ran out of food (and we’re Italian, so we tend to go crazy!) and had to send out for more pizza. I also noticed a strange phenomenon: From the waist up, all the girls looked like little girls, but from the waist down looked like LADIES—curvy hips, long, curvy legs. It took a year or so for their top halves to catch up.

• Upvote 7

51 minutes ago, Hane said:

Re kids not eating: In my family, it’s been my experience that growing boys ate more than growing girls—until my daughter’s 12th birthday party. For the first time, all the girls chowed so much that we ran out of food (and we’re Italian, so we tend to go crazy!) and had to send out for more pizza. I also noticed a strange phenomenon: From the waist up, all the girls looked like little girls, but from the waist down looked like LADIES—curvy hips, long, curvy legs. It took a year or so for their top halves to catch up.

I remember how much my friends and I ate when we were going through puberty. One time my best friend and I ate SIX grilled cheese sandwiches each! We were 12! Amazingly she has always been half my size (still is tiny compared to me to this day). But she and I could eat the same amount at a meal. 

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

if you allow yourself to be five pounds overweight it will lead to polygamy.

Dammit I should have an entire harem by now!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

My daughter could EAT once she hit 11 or 12. I mean...teenaged boy style eat! She started growing (although she's never made it past 5'2") and started changing from a little girl into a young woman. Disgustingly enough, she still eats like a horse and is maybe 120lbs now at the age of 36 (and has had 2 kids). 

We won't discuss my boys' eating habits then or now. Just thinking about those 2 makes my wallet hurt. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

Today we learn that Gwen really likes her soldier in the army story, that if you would pick your nose here on Earth you would eventually pick your nose in Heaven,  that God is pretty cool because he didn't blow Earth up yesterday, and that God's infamous  omnipotence and grace is really quite pitiful because all hope is negated if we're not perfect. We can go to Heaven and  undermine him there. 

Spoiler

Love is the Answer

July 17, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

There are many passages that refer to being completely obedient in the Bible. Think again about the example of a soldier in the army. If a private only obeys 9 out of the 10 things that the lieutenant officer asks him to do, is he obedient and under authority? The answer is “No.” You have simply obeyed what you decided to obey, and you are over the lieutenant because you trump his decisions. You are put here on this Earth to finally acknowledge if God rules your life or not. There is absolutely only one way to show God if He rules in your heart. Whatever you do on Earth, you would do in Heaven at some point after a few thousand centuries. This desire to rule over God would rear its ugly head and finally undermine God and then try to outdo God.

The concept of surrender could not be done without full love. I want to continue to build on the love of God that has been the underlying, foundational point of the transfer, being born again, and this concept will continue to grow with learning to suffer for God. This love is everything, and it is no different than a mother suffering to birth a child but the suffering brings such joy. God is so gentle in the way He instructs us and corrects us. No human has ever been this longsuffering (which is love) nor patient with you. God is so unselfish in every decision He makes, starting with allowing this Earth to have even one more day of existence. What an expensive, heartripping experiment on God’s behalf to allow life in freewill agents who have basically projected and blamed Him for everything wrong on Earth when it is the greed in mankind that has caused his own demise. Love is the answer. Keep looking inward and see how you could love God and those around you more. God delights in man and he delights in our love for each other—a world of peace with no strife. Slow down and love; slow down looking for more and love; give, be patient and kind and longsuffering. If we could teach the gentleness of God to our children, then we will have hope of a world of love. With this as your purpose, you can easily see how people can give it all up to live for the treasure of Zion, the Kingdom of God in your heart. If we love ourselves more, it completely negates the hope of the City of God on Earth.

If you have not been born again, converted, transformed all the way, you have not surrendered all—you have merely given what you wanted to give, perhaps to lose the weight but not to surrender to the Most High God of All. To get the favor from God Most High, it is all or nothing, because it is how you show God that Heaven rules. This is our purpose and destiny. It is surrender all or nothing to this astonishing and incredible Creator of all!

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

51 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

My daughter could EAT once she hit 11 or 12. I mean...teenaged boy style eat!

A close friend of mine has a daughter who is 11 - she takes (badly needed) ADHD meds, so she really doesn't eat during the day without serious prompting. Mom tries to fill her up on breakfast before she takes her meds, and then she just picks a little at lunch. But dinner, after the meds wear off? I've seen her eat two full adult entree orders of chicken tenders at sit down restaurants (those portions are huge!), and still want more. You can tell when the meds are wearing off. Her speaking gets faster and faster and louder and louder, she gets bouncier and bouncier, and not long after that begins the "I'm hungry!" starts up.

Kids do eat. Some of them eat a lot. Even the ones that don't eat a lot usually eat more frequently than adults. I worked daycare for a few years and even the school-age kids got morning and afternoon snacks as well as lunch. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Over on the Jilly Rod thread we are talking food (seems like we always talk about food with fundies that like to deny food to their large amount of kids or their flock). The Remnant Fellowship people should go over to the JRod 105 thread for some real food talk!

@Ali posted a picture of the shakes at this place in Michigan https://www.mstreetbaking.com/new-page 

Since Gwen doesn't care where we get our calories, I guess this would be okay to split with your friends for any meal! 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@Ali posted a picture of the shakes* at this place in Michigan https://www.mstreetbaking.com/new-page 

Since Gwen doesn't care where we get our calories, I guess this would be okay to split with your friends for any meal! 

*Serves approximately 200 Remnant Members.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic