IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

Something's really off here at Remnant Fellowship ... more than usual. Is it possible that the cult's wacky high priestess, Gwen Shamblin, is cracking up completely?

I think it’s been going on for a little while but it was more easily covered up before. There’s a reason why they are so worried about us exposing their cult for what it is. Because they know a lot of what we call out is true and crazy sounding. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s been going on for a little while but it was more easily covered up before. There’s a reason why they are so worried about us exposing their cult for what it is. Because they know a lot of what we call out is true and crazy sounding. 

Exactly. Gwen, it doesn't seem, has ever had to face the sort of harsh light FJ throws on fundie religious groups. She has had groups point out her extremism, but not like FJ has. Each day she is having to face the mocking of her skinny for Jesus teachings, and on a world wide platform! This is not something the teachings of RF can handle. In trying to keep it all together Gwen just makes it all look more insane. 

• Upvote 14

There have been instances in the past where there has been negative light shone on Remnant. However, those instances did not go on consistently for as long and were not as up front about the cult label. 

• Upvote 17

Bwahaha!  I was scrolling through FB this morning and saw this sponsored post...more people are seeing her oddities by the day!!!

Gwen.thumb.jpeg.acbc82440dcd244a61996fd88a332991.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 15

Gwen is here with gardening tips:

good soil is ready to change , plants itself and cleans itself.

Spoiler

The Parable of the Four Soils

July 07, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

To find the truth that sets you free from obesity and all vices is a gift from God. But you must be most careful. The word “careful” is used often in the Scriptures in reference to obeying fully. Careful means “full of care and concern.” The teachings of Christ and all the Prophets give so many stories to warn us, but the parable of the four soils gives you insight into perils of the heart.

While a large crowd was gathering and people were coming to Jesus from town after town, he told this parable: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown.” When he said this, he called out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.” His disciples asked him what this parable meant. He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, ‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.’ This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.” Luke 8:4-15

So the seed fell on rocky soil, shallow soil, near thorns, or good soil. Now, the seed is this priceless truth that is fundamental. The first person who heard the truth lost it quickly because the birds (satan and his demons) ate up the seeds because the heart was like stone—set in stone—a heart as impenetrable as granite. No one— not even God or the Son of God himself—could get them to turn from their ways. Truth is said all their life, but they do not want it.

The shallow soil is the heart that likes the message of conversion and gets excited, but does not like the Desert of Testing, the heat that is essential to burn off selfish desires, so they quit.

The third soil is also good and even deeper and loves true religion and takes root, takes the heat, but fails to give their “all” to God, and so the worldly people—the thorns—tempt them to go here and there, do this and that. They become more worried about worldly things than spiritual things. With one foot in and one foot out—two masters—they finally succumb to the distracting things of the world, and these thorns squeeze out the Spirit of God that was guiding them solely for the past few years. They die. You have to stay in the Vine, getting guidance from God continually.

The final soil is good, ready for a change, and plants itself away from the thorn bushes and keeps the soil clean. Their love for God runs deep, and the longing to find and please the Spirit of God is constant and strong. They bear much fruit.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 7

When can I get this good soil to plant itself in my yard? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Is it me or do there seem to be less upcoming nuptials on the Remnant wedding page than in previous years?  

My memory is that there have usually been 3 or 4 upcomings.  For the last several months they have been 1 at a time and currently there are none.

Has Remnant Fellowship, a cult in Brentwood TN run by Gwen Shamblin Lara, run out of people of marriageable age?  By that I mean people at least 18.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Is it me or do there seem to be less upcoming nuptials on the Remnant wedding page than in previous years?  

My memory is that there have usually been 3 or 4 upcomings.  For the last several months they have been 1 at a time and currently there are none.

Has Remnant Fellowship, a cult in Brentwood TN run by Gwen Shamblin Lara, run out of people of marriageable age?  By that I mean people at least 18.

It's interesting that you mention it... I personally know of two upcoming weddings, and I noticed a few days ago that neither are listed. I haven't found a way to tactfully ask... but are they only putting up the "pure" marriages... and maybe somehow the two I know of just don't fit the bill?

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

What's a "pure marriage" in RF world?  Perhaps they only post the upcomings of prominent RFers , the RF Royalty.  The little people don't matter.

Speaking of RF weddings, do the couples or their families have to pay to have the weddings at the mothership?

• Upvote 4

Maybe somebody at RF headquarters finally realized that the large number of Stepford Wives-esque weddings they had posted to their website was actually counterproductive in their recruiting efforts. Isn't that how FJ first started talking about the Remnant Fellowship cult? The factory assembly line of cookie cutter weddings? Always with Gwen Shamblin [Lara] featured in the wedding pictures, as if she were a major player? 

Although... that leads me to a different hypothesis. Maybe her inner desperation to be displayed as a vision of Important and Heavenly beauty was somewhat alleviated by getting to BE the bride in her own dang wedding. She doesn't have to live vicariously through other weddings any more... at least for now, until the new marriage glow fades and she needs more attention again.

• Upvote 6

A narcissist can't make it through a single day without being the center of attention.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

23 hours ago, formergothardite said:

When can I get this good soil to plant itself in my yard? 

Maybe from Gwen's beehive?

• Haha 5

Gwen thinks all the food she didn't eat is an offering to God. Today I have given to God all the bread in the world, all the meat in the world, all the salad in the world and all the pizza in the world, I hope God didn't want the salmon pie and the cereal that I had.

Spoiler

All or Nothing

July 08, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. But Abel brought fat portions from some of the  firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor.  So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.
Genesis 4:2b-5

Do you see the difference between Cain and Abel? Abel easily gave exactly what God wanted because he did not worship possessions but rather God, but Cain gave up what he (Cain) wanted to give up and kept back what he thought would be good for his pocketbook. Again, many of us have what I call the Cain Syndrome; that is, we give to God what we want to give, something worthless to you— something perhaps that would not matter anyway—but it is not what God asked for.

We get angry at God for asking us to sacrifice the thing we love. Moreover, just as Cain did, we get angry at God for not being happy with what we decided to give Him. For example, many people say, “Well, I gave God my breakfast this morning.” But actually, they did not want breakfast anyway. However, when the afternoon snack comes by, they are not about to give that up, even if they are not hungry! Your sacrifice may be that you cut your food in half—but there is a chance that you might eat both halves. But those who choose their sacrifice are dumbfounded that they have not lost weight.

If an army officer complied with 9 out of 10 orders, would you say he was obedient? After all, 90 percent of his senior officer’s requirements were met. The answer is no. The nine orders completed were just those that came naturally anyway—sacrifices of convenience. Not obeying 1 out of the 10 commands reveals your will over the authority and perhaps that you have a better idea.

The Genesis quote doesn't actually say any of the bolded. Both Cain and Abel brought something they had farmed, and how the hell was Cain to know that God hates salad? Why would Cain have bothered to grow any vegetables if they were worthless to him?  And pocketbook? Dafuq? This is back when there were just about four people on earth: Cain and Abel and mum and dad. Was money even invented yet? Who would Cain or Abel have sold anything to?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

21 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I think they are late to updating the wedding page. They just had their Desert Oasis event and pooled all of their time/resources into that event. The same thing happened when Gwen had her wedding, everything else was put on hold. There are many dating and a few engaged couples currently so they certainly haven't run out of "eligible candidates".

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 7/6/2019 at 7:38 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Today I learned that demons make me fat:

Hide contents

What it Means to Persevere

July 06, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Perseverance is commitment to keep going no matter what comes your way or how heavily tested you are, for you are in it for the long haul. Now you know you will never again put food above the Almighty Lord of All.

Never consider giving up. This is not just a decision that you make one time. This is a constant, ongoing decision… first every hour, and then every day. The desire to please God starts off your day and it finishes your day.

Why do you have to keep it in the front and center? Because there are all kinds of things that stop you, distract you, and pull at you. The world does not want you to lose weight, the smokers do not want you to stop smoking, your drinking buddies do not want you to stop drinking, etc. I am sure that you have sensed this by now. Misery loves company, so the demons do not want you to overcome, to be born again, and to be saved from your old self. The world wants you to join them in every kind of dissipation.[Peter 4:3-4]

Day by day and step by step you make every effort and walk on the narrow path and enter by the narrow door. Keep going and you will make it!

It's so weird to attribute your own desire to get skinnier and skinnier to God.

my drinking buddies don't want me to stop drinking. Then again, we aren't alcoholics so no need to stop or get help. And my drinking buddies aren't miserable, yes sometimes we complain about our SO but for the most part we just have a good time. 

Gwen Shamblin Lara is so extreme, all or nothing. You can have it all (material things, high hair, etc) or nothing (no food, no drink, no exercise, etc). She doesn't believe in moderation which is good in all things*. She is leading her flock into addictive and/or OCD behavior with food. Gwen Shamblin Lara is a cult leader and should not be followed by anyone. 

*unless you are into addictive behavior then you can't have it (drugs, drink, etc)

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Abel easily gave exactly what God wanted because he did not worship possessions but rather God, but Cain gave up what he (Cain) wanted to give up and kept back what he thought would be good for his pocketbook. 

This is about Weigh Down costing more. She's using guilt to get the extra money. Gwod doesn't care if you give what you can afford. Gwod wants a true sacrifice, otherwise you probably aren't dedicated to RF. 

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 1

25 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

This is about Weigh Down costing more. She's using guilt to get the extra money. Gwod doesn't care if you give what you can afford. Gwod wants a true sacrifice, otherwise you probably aren't dedicated to RF. 

When I ask you to give me money ten times and  you only give me money 9 times  it doesn't count.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I hope Joe Lara's lawyer is bleeding Gwen Shamblin Lara's Remnant Fellowship cult completely dry.  I can't see Rob Day's World Financial Group pyramid, Tedd Anger's stupid Rare Wine/Cafe business, Ivan Pearson's AV Consulting LLC nonsense, or for that matter the WeighDown scam itself continuing to support this huge air-headed operation.  Saints.....ha ha ha ha.  Scoundrels is more like it. 

• Upvote 8

God wants you to kill  ALL the sheep and infants. If you only kill the ones that are convenient for you to kill you're going to hell.

Spoiler

Partial Obedience

July 09, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Obedience is tested only when we confront something we do not want to do. In I Samuel 15 it tells of God ordering King Saul to totally annihilate an enemy. Through Samuel, God told Saul:

“Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.” I Samuel 15:3

Saul did go to battle. He did most of what God had commanded, yet he spared Agag, the king, and took home some cattle and sheep. Did Saul obey or disobey God? Look at the text: “Then the word of the Lord came to Samuel: ‘I am grieved that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions.’ I Samuel 15:10-11a Samuel confronted Saul, asking, “Why did you not obey the Lord?” and Saul tried to pass his actions off as obedience. “But I did obey the Lord,” Saul said. “I went on the mission the Lord assigned me.” I Samuel 15:19a,20a

Saul, you see, had the Cain Syndrome. He did the part of the command that came naturally—going to war—but where Saul’s will differed from God’s command, Saul chose his own way. It is all or nothing. God did not credit Saul with obedience, even though he had been victorious in battle and had carried out a large percentage of the commandment.

In the same way, God did not acknowledge Cain’s offering. God knows our hearts. Even though we give God some of the food—the convenient food we want to give Him—that is not being obedient to Him. He is asking you to go to the next level. Do not hold out. Rather, give Him everything He wants.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

Thank you @AmazonGrace

So has Gwen Shamblin Lara ever take religious classes, from an accredited school? Even my local public university has a Religion bachelors and masters program. Classes like: religion in china, japan, india, & Europe (4 different classes);  islam in america, judaism, the Qur'an, historical studies in religion, religion & conflict, etc. The nearby Catholic university has (of course) a Theology degree. That degree goes through faith growth, theology of the person, wrestling with God, Christian Spirituality, Judaism at the Time of Jesus*; world's living religions, languages of the Bible**; along with many others including those specific to Catholic social teaching, liturgical celebrations, etc. . 

*Judaism at the Time of Jesus - looks at the Dead Sea Scrolls, Jewish biblical interpretation, Jewish historians, the rewritten Bible, etc.

**languages of the Bible - the students get introduced to biblical Hebrew & Greek, grammar & syntax and brief overview of Aramaic. 

There is one calls "Theology of Paul" - it looks at the situations he addressed to the different groups and Paul's interpretation of the Jewish Bible (old testament). I have always been taught that Paul was addressing specific groups of people and their specific problems. We can't make the situations to one community cover the situations in another community because we need the context of the problems in each community. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
forgot the h on Jewish
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

God wants you to kill  ALL the sheep and infants. If you only kill the ones that are convenient for you to kill you're going to hell.

Hide contents

Partial Obedience

July 09, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Obedience is tested only when we confront something we do not want to do. In I Samuel 15 it tells of God ordering King Saul to totally annihilate an enemy. Through Samuel, God told Saul:

“Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.” I Samuel 15:3

Saul did go to battle. He did most of what God had commanded, yet he spared Agag, the king, and took home some cattle and sheep. Did Saul obey or disobey God? Look at the text: “Then the word of the Lord came to Samuel: ‘I am grieved that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions.’ I Samuel 15:10-11a Samuel confronted Saul, asking, “Why did you not obey the Lord?” and Saul tried to pass his actions off as obedience. “But I did obey the Lord,” Saul said. “I went on the mission the Lord assigned me.” I Samuel 15:19a,20a

Saul, you see, had the Cain Syndrome. He did the part of the command that came naturally—going to war—but where Saul’s will differed from God’s command, Saul chose his own way. It is all or nothing. God did not credit Saul with obedience, even though he had been victorious in battle and had carried out a large percentage of the commandment.

In the same way, God did not acknowledge Cain’s offering. God knows our hearts. Even though we give God some of the food—the convenient food we want to give Him—that is not being obedient to Him. He is asking you to go to the next level. Do not hold out. Rather, give Him everything He wants.

If you read the writings of Gwen Shamblin Lara, the cult leader of Remnant Fellowship, people like David Koresh of Branch Davidian fame and Jim Jones of the notorious People's Temple both start sounding sane in comparison. Of course, Koresh wasn't educated though he had been exposed to Seventh Day Adventist inspired teaachings. But Jones was well-read and educated as well as having been ordained by the Independent Assemblies of God and the Disciples of Christ.

Sometimes I wonder how much exposure to Herbert W. Armstrong she had as a child because her cult messages closely resemble his Worldwide Church of God.

https://amp.insider.com/i-grew-up-in-a-cult-and-i-can-tell-you-why-normal-people-join-them-2018-3

• Upvote 6

Gwen doesn't appear to have received any training in theology of any description, so that puts her in the David Koresh category as far as religious education goes.

Here's a quote that categorizes her "teachings" in a novel way:

"But all the Bible study was just some Evangelical mental masturbatory material to make us feel so special and holy."

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2015/02/a-cult-within-a-cult/

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

“I was exposed to the grating hog-calling voice of one Mrs. Gwen Shamblin...”

laughing my ass off

“...They are people of scarred and burnt out conscience in Remnant who will stand by it no matter what outrage of principle and practice evolves there, primarily because they are too petrified or fearful to come to grips with the consequences of freedom from it – namely the loss of their Remnant spouses, friends, even job connections and family circles.”

too accurate, no longer laughing

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Nothing like a revolting self-absorbed ignoramus patronizingly telling people that God hates them when they have cravings for a snack as she did in the "assembly" this past Saturday. Ugh! Gwen Shamblin Lara should be locked up for teaching anorexia as a diet plan especiallyiin the presence of young children.

And it took everyone an hour to actually take their seats that morning due to an awful lot of aimless milling around. Children were encouraged to go sit on the "risers" since their comfort is of little importance to members of the Remnant Fellowship cult. To see so much time, energy, and childhood squandered on such fake "services" is horrifying.

• Upvote 5

Yesterday God wanted you to commit genocide, today is the Love-Your-Neighbors Day 

Spoiler

Examining Our Own Heart

July 10, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

It is the heart we should examine. The person devoted to cleaning up what is outside their own heart is not doing what Christ did. Christ loved and obeyed the Father and taught others to do the same. Staying focused on loving God with all your heart and loving your neighbor as yourself will make you a magnet and will help others.

The key is ending your relationship with food, overeating, binge eating, and binge drinking by a transfer of a relationship—a transfer away from the food and onto God Almighty. Another way to say it is it is a choice of lifestyle, but you need to know a secret so that you do not waste your time… It is all or nothing.

It's all or nothing so if I stop binge drinking and stay drunk all the time I should be fine huh

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic