IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

The wedding control truly confirms that Remnant fellowship is a cult and Gwen Shamblin is a cult leader.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

Okay now I know why we need to starve ourselves. Because we must fit through really narrow door.

Spoiler

The Narrow Road

June 26, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?” He said to them, “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.” Luke 13:22-24

I have lived a long time, and I have seen how narrow the door to the Kingdom really is. It is a narrow focus, a narrow road, but Jesus walked this road and he is now sitting at the right hand of God. We have been told to walk in his steps, and this cannot be said enough, for it is essential that we think like he thinks, love like he loves… care and live and teach like he teaches. Jesus is the way and the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through him, or living as he lived. To follow in his steps, we must turn our steps away from where they were going. Where have you been walking?

So, yeah, all those times that Jesus taught us about carbohydrates and proteins...teach like him.

Does the crucifixion mean anything to Gwen?

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 2

Who is/was on the wedding committee? This is all weird. I honestly don’t remember my old church ever having a wedding committee. I could be wrong. People usually hired someone or just planned it themselves. And did it their way. Because they think for themselves and it’s their damn wedding. 

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Okay now I know why we need to starve ourselves. Because we must fit through really narrow door.

Hide contents

The Narrow Road

June 26, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?” He said to them, “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.” Luke 13:22-24

I have lived a long time, and I have seen how narrow the door to the Kingdom really is. It is a narrow focus, a narrow road, but Jesus walked this road and he is now sitting at the right hand of God. We have been told to walk in his steps, and this cannot be said enough, for it is essential that we think like he thinks, love like he loves… care and live and teach like he teaches. Jesus is the way and the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through him, or living as he lived. To follow in his steps, we must turn our steps away from where they were going. Where have you been walking?

So, yeah, all those times that Jesus taught us about carbohydrates and proteins...teach like him.

Eye roll. Yes, Gwen, lets be just like Jesus—except I don’t think Jesus was on a wedding committee. He was just a guest who turned the water into wine. ?

• Upvote 5

Because the primary purpose of their weddings is to celebrate their love, not to create promotional content to be featured on the marketing  materials of their cult.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

13 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Interestingly enough, that wedding was the last time I saw him and the last time I stepped foot in Remnant Fellowship.

Hopefully he will remember your kindness if he ever wants to escape. 

13 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

There was no fighting Gwen, leadership and the wedding committee. Oh no, none of that. If a couple objects/refuses/denies any “suggestions, they are often chastised,  “corrected”, and or belittled for their behavior.  Some (such as @RFsurvivor and I) even had their wedding threatened to be cancelled. Sick bastards...

have you or others that have left thought about having an anniversary renewal and invite everyone that you really wanted to the first time but couldn't?  it might heal some old wounds or memories!

5 hours ago, Tuesday’s Child said:

Who is/was on the wedding committee? This is all weird. I honestly don’t remember my old church ever having a wedding committee. I could be wrong. People usually hired someone or just planned it themselves. And did it their way. Because they think for themselves and it’s their damn wedding. 

all the churches where I have been in a wedding has a wedding coordinator of sorts. They tell you rules (no drinking on grounds, time for rehearsal, time to arrive, decorations yes/no, etc) The church wedding coordinator is there to make sure the people not familiar with the church but part of the family or wedding party know what to expect and how to go through the ceremony. The church wedding coordinators didn't care about the crap that Gwen's minions concern themselves with for the Remnant Fellowship all glory to Gwen Shamblin Lara wedding affairs. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

The Narrow Road

June 26, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

I seem to recall that He also said something about a rich man, a camel, and the eye of a needle...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

all the churches where I have been in a wedding has a wedding coordinator of sorts. They tell you rules (no drinking on grounds, time for rehearsal, time to arrive, decorations yes/no, etc) The church wedding coordinator is there to make sure the people not familiar with the church but part of the family or wedding party know what to expect and how to go through the ceremony. The church wedding coordinators didn't care about the crap that Gwen's minions concern themselves with for the Remnant Fellowship all glory to Gwen Shamblin Lara wedding affairs. 

Same - at our church she helps schedule, is present at all the wedding events in the church, helps get everyone where they need to be - like basically running the rehearsal so everyone comes down at the right time, unlocks the bride's room to change in, has keys to the decoration closets if you're using any of the church's stuff, etc. Kind of like a hostess/manager - someone to help take care of the details so people aren't constantly running to the bride or groom asking where the restrooms are and stuff like that. As long as everyone's decent, she doesn't care about clothing or any nitpicky stuff. Ours (at our Baptist church) didn't even bat an eye at the groom's mother showing up for the rehearsal in cutoff jean shorts and a dirty Corona t-shirt. 

(We did bat an eye, but didn't say anything. We were just glad she showed up - she's Jehovah's Witness and had been refusing to set foot on the church property - not even in a car in the parking lot - until not long before the wedding. She refused to light the groom's candle he'd use to light the unity candle during the ceremony - the mothers were supposed to each light one of the candles at the beginning as they were being seated. Luckily the groom's grandma exclaimed "I'm Catholic! I'll light all the candles you want!" so she lit his for him.)

It sounds like Gwen is more of a bridezilla than many brides are - my sister just told her bridesmaids "get floor length black dresses and wear black shoes" (which was great because we ranged from average height size 2 to short size 20, and an 8-months-pregnant MOH).

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Same - at our church she helps schedule, is present at all the wedding events in the church, helps get everyone where they need to be - like basically running the rehearsal so everyone comes down at the right time, unlocks the bride's room to change in, has keys to the decoration closets if you're using any of the church's stuff, etc. Kind of like a hostess/manager - someone to help take care of the details so people aren't constantly running to the bride or groom asking where the restrooms are and stuff like that. As long as everyone's decent, she doesn't care about clothing or any nitpicky stuff. Ours (at our Baptist church) didn't even bat an eye at the groom's mother showing up for the rehearsal in cutoff jean shorts and a dirty Corona t-shirt. 

(We did bat an eye, but didn't say anything. We were just glad she showed up - she's Jehovah's Witness and had been refusing to set foot on the church property - not even in a car in the parking lot - until not long before the wedding. She refused to light the groom's candle he'd use to light the unity candle during the ceremony - the mothers were supposed to each light one of the candles at the beginning as they were being seated. Luckily the groom's grandma exclaimed "I'm Catholic! I'll light all the candles you want!" so she lit his for him.)

It sounds like Gwen is more of a bridezilla than many brides are - my sister just told her bridesmaids "get floor length black dresses and wear black shoes" (which was great because we ranged from average height size 2 to short size 20, and an 8-months-pregnant MOH).

Ahhh yes, now I recall there was a woman designated to help with arrangements. The church did have dishes/silverware/glasses for the reception. I actually served at a few weddings making sure dishes got washed and put away. I guess I had blocked all that out of my mind ! I also remember that secular music was not allowed in the wedding or at the reception, along with no alcohol. 

• Upvote 4

I've never gone to a church that had a wedding person specifically, but I've always gone to tiny churches. There's such a huge difference between someone who helps keep things running smoothly (and, you know, makes sure things are back in order after the wedding for Sunday's service)... and a wedding team that micromanages every tiny detail of your wedding... and a leadership board that decides everything from what color you can have (never seen a hot pink wedding, lol), to who stands up there, how your vows sound, etc... 

That being said, even though I think Remnant twists the gospel and is theologically way off base, seeing the way the church comes together for big events like weddings reminds me of how the church is supposed to be. Seeing women there for the bride to make sure she has what she needs throughout the day (even though they aren't in the wedding party), seeing a decorating committee come out to decorate the church and handle flowers and stuff like that... I think is actually pretty cool. (Although former members are free to step in and elaborate on the truth "behind the scenes" if the real picture is different!!!)

• Upvote 5

So I'm new to Gwen and RF on FJ. How can anyone look at her and not tell her she looks like she just had sex in the back seat of a very small car and that makeup need not be applied with a spatula? I wouldn't last a second in that church.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

From the blurb I thought that Gwen was going to address her love of money but nope, she did a neat sidestep and pretended that this quote was about love of food.

Either that or she eats money.

Spoiler

We Must Make a Choice

June 27, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Matthew 6:24

Nothing narrows the road more than this one choice. You cannot have it both ways. Many people have deceived themselves and believe they are serving God when they are still serving the food. No one can serve two masters at the same time. You cannot work at McDonald’s all day and at Wendy’s all day at the same exact time. Impossible. So pick a boss, a business. I choose God and His Kingdom because it has the best benefits and retirement program.

The love in your heart is finite. You only have so much to give. You have to choose the path where you live forever. Most people never realize that they have to choose; you cannot have it both ways. You need to make the right choice—love God over and above your own greed. When you finally make a decision of masters, then you have narrowed your load so that you can enter the narrow door.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

On 6/25/2019 at 11:17 PM, SilverBeach said:

The wedding control truly confirms that Remnant fellowship is a cult and Gwen Shamblin is a cult leader.

Point by point, Gwen Shamblin Lara's Remnant Fellowship - Weigh Down scam matches every published description of dangerous cults.

Their stated goal of establishing "lines of authority" is particularly disturbing. A church shouldn't be set up like a pyramid scheme. And of course this is not a church in any way.

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, ajknowsthings said:

Has anyone ever seen this?  It may be a bit conspiracy theory but it's still very disturbing - from this website: http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/child-abuse-for-jesus-remnant-fellowship-church.339/

RF1.JPG

RF2.JPG

This is sad. This person sounds like they need mental help. I seriously doubt that Gwen and RF are broadcasting "tones and frequencies" into this persons home to make her fat. 

Nothing narrows the road more than this one choice. You cannot have it both ways. Many people have deceived themselves and believe they are serving God when they are still serving the food. No one can serve two masters at the same time. You cannot work at McDonald’s all day and at Wendy’s all day at the same exact time. Impossible. So pick a boss, a business. I choose God and His Kingdom because it has the best benefits and retirement program.

"Serving the food" has two meanings, doesn't it? Very clever play on words. Nice one, Gwen.

True, I can't work at Wendy's and McDonald's at the exact same moment in time but I can do two things at once. I can sing when I wash dishes and neither activity suffers. I can stir a pot and turn chicken at the same time. I can walk and chew gum!! Besides that, this is a shitty analogy. Of course it's impossible to be in two places at once but it is entirely possible to work two jobs concurrently and not have either one suffer. You can answer to two bosses. It is possible to create schedules that allow for both jobs to be done. 

The love in your heart is finite. You only have so much to give. You have to choose the path where you live forever. 

Fuck you Gwen, this is the meanest thing you've ever written. Love is not finite. Love is a bottomless well that never runs dry. People don't have to choose a path and stick to it forever. If that was true, you never would've divorced your husband to marry that frozen-faced gold digger of a husband that you have now, you bitch. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 1

In her recent pictures Gwen is painfully thin, anorexic thin.  Does she not realize your heart can stop, and then you’re like just dead?  Is she that disturbed?  What a foolish woman.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Fuck you Gwen, this is the meanest thing you've ever written. Love is not finite. Love is a bottomless well that never runs dry. People don't have to choose a path and stick to it forever. If that was true, you never would've divorced your husband to marry that frozen-faced gold digger of a husband that you have now, you bitch. 

I genuinely don't understand where she's getting this. I get the whole "you can't serve two masters" thing... but choosing to live for the praise of God and not man has nothing to do with finite love in my heart. So what happens if someone is all outta love and they have another baby... that wasn't God's gift to them? Because they won't have enough love to give? Is there a point where the church will hit "capacity" and she won't be able to love any more newcomers?

These are apples and oranges and she REALLY needs someone to proofread this stuff. The problem is that whoever proofreads it would never dare to say "Hey Gwen... I don't think this is what you meant... or I hope it's not what you meant..." Yes, we choose who we serve... we choose who gets our ultimate loyalty and praise and devotion... but that's a totally different concept than how much love is in our heart.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

43 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Love is not finite.

My thoughts exactly!  So she is saying that the more children, family, or friends that we add to our lives, the less we can love them?!?  WTH???  OK, lets go with that for a minute, perhaps that is truly the way she feels she is!  Is she finite with the love she has for her "congregation," her family, her friends?  Gwen Shamblin Lara, that is not how I work and I'd be willing to bet that most of the people on this site also don't work that way!  God has given us the ability to love, period.  If her followers would actually read what she says and quit just nodding their heads, they might realize how very different they are from her...that their ideals do not align as much as they thought.  Think as a mother, as a father...we love unconditionally (or we should)!  SMH.

• Upvote 10

On FJ, I often say time and resources are finite in fundie families and that’s why they should limit their family size. I’ve never thought love was finite in those families. I always assumed Jim Bob and Michelle love all their children. But love isn’t the issue. It’s money, time, resources, etc. Love is probably the one thing in quiverful families that there’s enough of. But everything else is lacking. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

Well, now I have a song from my childhood stuck in my head. And I learned it in church, Gwen Shamblin Lara; a church that taught more about real love than Remnant Fellowship ever does!

Magic Penny

Song by Malvina Reynolds

Love is something if you give it away,

Give it away, give it away.

You end up having more.

It's just like a magic penny,

Hold it tight and you won't have any. 

Lend it, spend it, and you'll have so many

They'll roll all over the floor.

For love is something if you give it away,

Give it away, give it away.

You end up having more.

Spoiler

Resources are finite. The time we have in each day is finite. Love multiplies the more we share it. Sigh.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Well, now I have a song from my childhood stuck in my head. And I learned it in church, Gwen Shamblin Lara; a church that taught more about real love than Remnant Fellowship ever does!

Reveal hidden contents

Resources are finite. The time we have in each day is finite. Love multiplies the more we share it. Sigh.

That's been stuck in my head all day too! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I seriously doubt that Gwen and RF are broadcasting "tones and frequencies" into this persons home to make her fat. 

Yup totally skimmed the text and missed that part entirely lol

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

In her recent pictures Gwen is painfully thin, anorexic thin.  Does she not realize your heart can stop, and then you’re like just dead?  Is she that disturbed?  What a foolish woman.

Which pictures?

I know she looks painfully thin but I want to know which specific pictures are you looking at, to see if I have seen them or not. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

I just went through Remnant Fellowship Facebook pictures for their day camp. 

Isn't Elisabeth the youth leader? I went through a lot (way too many) pictures and I didn't see her in any of the pictures, even the back ground. Most of the adults in the pictures are off to the side o in the background but you would think after looking at hundreds of pictures Elisabeth would be in at least 1. Gwen was in 3, IIRC. One picture a little boy is showing her a picture and her hair is BIG, like bigger than Texas big, and the kid's face was one of a little fear or "who is this lady". (It is most likely just a quick snap of a kid trying to smile and the timing was off.) The kid's face is probably what I would look like if I ever met Gwen. HA!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Which pictures?

I know she looks painfully thin but I want to know which specific pictures are you looking at, to see if I have seen them or not. Thanks!

This one that @thoughtful posted.  I find this one disturbing and no way is she eating those fries.  At this point I doubt she could keep them down.

Spoiler

FA4BA1E2-5CF0-460A-89C6-A086DB968395.thumb.png.709ef5728897ca966e49a045903650f2.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic