IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

22 hours ago, RFfree said:

Thank you @AmazonGrace ?

Saw this earlier this morning. TBH this whole Gwodly blessed marriage schtick gets on my nerves after how long leadership advised/convinced me to stay in a mentally and physically abusive marriage and she has zero integrity about her own relationships. What's with the holy whore vibe??? Is God still picking out her clothes?? ?

20190819_144230.jpg

Screenshot_20190819-094321_Facebook.jpg

You are awesome to be working on recovering from the hurt that the Remnant Fellowship cult has inflicted on you. The so-called leadership lives to meddle in other people's lives and has caused serious damage over and over again. Since Gwen Shamblin Lara has become distracted somewhat by her freakazoid husband, the cult Shepherds have begun jostling more vigorously for power and position than before. Maybe the implosion will happen sooner than we had dreamed possible. Let's all visualize the collapse of this evil group.

I guess the holy whore vibe comes from being one; Gwen Shamblin looks like streetwalker for a reason.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, RFfree said:

Screenshot_20190819-094321_Facebook.jpg

Dare I say it? Gwen's hair doesn't look as awful as usual. I wonder if Tarzan is working to tone that shit down, at least when she's not on stage. They've "been discussing for days" how great their marriage of convenience is? What a couple of smug assholes.

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

...the Church is built on the strength of each and every family unit, and therefore they are respected. Each family is valued equally...

Unless you're fat. In which case equal means standing in the back where no one can see you or staying home and watching service on TV so Gwen doesn't have her vision of perfection sullied by your size 8 ass.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 8/18/2019 at 9:26 PM, NarcissismKills said:

The Eagle Room? Kent says you can go there if you are "convicted"!?!!?

Yes this is the encouragement of confession that I had spoken about a few pages ago - if you feel "convicted" you can go and confess in a rounded room near the back of the church. It's nicknamed the eagle room because it has a larger than human sized eagle statue in the middle of the room.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Gwen's hair doesn't look as awful as usual.

It does to me. Ugh, just a rat's nest.

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

so Gwen doesn't have her vision of perfection sullied by your size 8 ass.

In what universe is a size 8 fat? 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 8/19/2019 at 1:55 PM, Marmion said:

Not to be cisnormative , but before you posted otherwise , I actually thought that person was a girl .   

He is a Little Lord Fauntleroy wannabe, poor child. Gwen SHAMBLIN always dresses this boy like this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

In Gwen's world. I am guessing (and the former RFers will need to chime in) anything over a size 4 would be considered overweight. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

In Gwen's world. I am guessing (and the former RFers will need to chime in) anything over a size 4 would be considered overweight. 

I would have absolutely no chance in this fat-shaming organization. At my smallest adult size I was a 12/14, an no one would have called me fat at 5'8". Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara positively, absolutely encourages disordered eating if her body standard is this strict and judging fromElizabeth's picture, it is. Judgin someon'e body weight from their clothing size is such nonsense. I know many perfectly non-overweight looking women much larger than a 4. Her standard is particularly harsh and unrealistic for black women like me to hold to. Fluck her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I once saw an infomercial on TV for(I think)some sort of exercise equipment, and the spokeswoman chirped, “I went from a size 8 to a size 4!” ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2

4 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

It does to me. Ugh, just a rat's nest.

I'm sorry. I was being completely sarcastic on both comments. I deliberately picked a small size to make Gwen's standards more ridiculous but I wouldn't put it past her to find an 8 to be fat.

• Upvote 5

22 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

...a sort of heavenly Harrison Ford...

The rest is crazy, but as a huge Harrison Ford fanatic, I like that! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Today it almost rhymes and we learn that Gwen's children have no independent thoughts. 

Spoiler

It Starts in the Heart

August 21, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

How do we pass this God-first way of life down to our children? It starts in the heart. Each of us must lovingly fear God above all. This respect can be seen in your conversation—from the abundance of the heart, so the mouth will speak. What is the conversation in your home? That conversation is a barometer of how much loving fear you have. When you have it, you will speak it to the family and then to the children and to the grandchildren. Children will respect what you respect, and they will worship what you worship, and they will adore what you adore. If you are into self, they too will adore themselves in various ways. This worship of self, even in the smallest ways, breaks up, divides and destroys—first that person…and then their family.

When you consider God and His Creation, and that is what your mind is focused on, it becomes easy to build up His Kingdom. God is a genius, so it is easy—He is worthy of all our admiration! And from this fear and adoration comes a most esteemed wisdom for everyone in the family from the oldest to the youngest.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today it almost rhymes and we learn that Gwen's children have no independent thoughts. 

Hide contents

It Starts in the Heart

August 21, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

How do we pass this God-first way of life down to our children? It starts in the heart. Each of us must lovingly fear God above all. This respect can be seen in your conversation—from the abundance of the heart, so the mouth will speak. What is the conversation in your home? That conversation is a barometer of how much loving fear you have. When you have it, you will speak it to the family and then to the children and to the grandchildren. Children will respect what you respect, and they will worship what you worship, and they will adore what you adore. If you are into self, they too will adore themselves in various ways. This worship of self, even in the smallest ways, breaks up, divides and destroys—first that person…and then their family.

When you consider God and His Creation, and that is what your mind is focused on, it becomes easy to build up His Kingdom. God is a genius, so it is easy—He is worthy of all our admiration! And from this fear and adoration comes a most esteemed wisdom for everyone in the family from the oldest to the youngest.

For comparison , here is a homily from an Episcopal priest .  

As I have stated here before , GSL has little to no originality . 

• Upvote 3

This worship of self, even in the smallest ways, breaks up, divides and destroys—first that person…and then their family.

Gwen worships her self and way of life, ergo--divorced husband, quick remarriage, daughter alarmingly thin, son normal weight so hidden, and all are trapped in a color-coordinated prison of their own making.  Maybe that's why they (allegedly) support prison ministry, it keeps the funds in the household.  Such an odd group of worshipers. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

The Fickel-Weight Wedding is taking place in RF?!?!

This is absolute perfection. I’m dying over here. 

251D47AD-2C5F-4CCF-9B50-64B8038ADC89.jpeg

• Haha 20

20 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I would have absolutely no chance in this fat-shaming organization. At my smallest adult size I was a 12/14, an no one would have called me fat at 5'8". Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara positively, absolutely encourages disordered eating if her body standard is this strict and judging fromElizabeth's picture, it is. Judgin someon'e body weight from their clothing size is such nonsense. I know many perfectly non-overweight looking women much larger than a 4. Her standard is particularly harsh and unrealistic for black women like me to hold to. Fluck her.

Back in the dark ages when I graduated from high school I was a size 9 (juniors) on the bottom, XL on the top. Now I'm a 14-18 on the bottom (depends on the clothes) and still an XL on the top. I still hide it well, nobody guesses my true weight and usually go anywhere from 20-40 lbs under. FTR, I'm 5' 4 1/2" tall and currently about 200 lbs. 

• Upvote 2

The Remnant Fellowship cult's so-called prison ministry is actually all about Joseph and Sonya Smith, who murdered their son while participating fully in the system of authority set up by Tedd Anger and Gwen Shamblin Lara. The cult is very supportive of this couple and has paid the major portion, if not all, of their legal expenses. Earlier this month Remnant even dedicated a song, prayer, and large photograph to Joseph Smith on the occasion of his birthday which somewhat coincided with the cult's 20th anniversary. It really seems like they want this couple, who are in jail for life plus 30 years, to keep being quiet about how they were being advised to handle their child.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

The Remnant Fellowship cult's so-called prison ministry is actually all about Joseph and Sonya Smith, who murdered their son while participating fully in the system of authority set up by Tedd Anger and Gwen Shamblin Lara. The cult is very supportive of this couple and has paid the major portion, if not all, of their legal expenses. Earlier this month Remnant even dedicated a song, prayer, and large photograph to Joseph Smith on the occasion of his birthday which somewhat coincided with the cult's 20th anniversary. It really seems like they want this couple, who are in jail for life plus 30 years, to keep being quiet about how they were being advised to handle their child.

It makes sense that RF wouldn’t want the Smiths to turn on them. So they stay supportive. I’m sure RF also don’t want to admit that the Smith’s are actually guilty of what they are convicted of. Because that would mean they are also sullied by association. 

• Upvote 6

Seems like Gwen Shamblin Lara has been vacationing a lot these past few months. Wonder if she'll show up for another dramatic on stage appearance this coming Saturday. Have fun with these pictures....

Screenshot_20190821-150031_Ancestry.thumb.jpg.1bdc66cb257ba940577fc3cc9b121c6f.jpgScreenshot_20190821-150308_Google.thumb.jpg.31b1c1deac56c795c8010f607fbc6a34.jpg

• Haha 2

Spoiler

A Wonder-Filled Respect and Fear of the Lord

August 22, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10

By considering God with wonder-filled fear and awe, we will automatically find this wisdom and this knowledge of God, which is priceless! This fear of God is natural in the beginning of a child’s life if the parent encourages it from birth and does not suffocate this fear of God with their own selfish ambitions on this Earth. God had the Israelites live very simply in life, living in tents where the doors opened facing the Presence of God Himself in the Most Holy of Holies at the center of the camp in the Tent of Tabernacle. Imagine growing up in that way…waking up and facing God every day, with a family that is getting up and sacrificing to God first thing in the morning, worshiping Him and praying to God throughout the day, living simply, waiting for the word from Moses, which would give the direction from God, watching the fire at night to go to sleep knowing that this warm, loving protection was over each family and each tribe in that cold night…then sleeping in peace and waking to the precious cloud by day that kept them cool and protected them from the heat of the sun. How wise will be the children raised up in this atmosphere! What is more, in God’s genius, He rewards those who adoringly fear Him and give Him their love, time, respect and attention. Bottom line, those families who give their lives to this wondrous God will be rewarded.

Lots of things that seem anything but automatical to me are automatical to Gwen.

Today we learn that we should live in tents.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Imagine growing up in that way…waking up and facing God every day [Gwen starts working on her hairdo], with a family that is getting up [Gwen and God browse her closet for appropriate clothes and platform shoes] and sacrificing to God first thing in the morning [fixing breakfast and scolding about every bite, because demons], worshiping Him [aka Gwen and Joe's video time] and praying to God [where's your tithe? ] throughout the day, living simply [ha ha ha ha]....,

This doesn't seem like the Remnant Way, so I added some clarifications.  You're welcome, Gwod.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

He rewards those who adoringly fear Him and give Him their love, time, respect and attention. Bottom line, those families who give their lives to this wondrous God will be rewarded.

This is why she is rich! She gets the huge house and wealth because she is being rewarded. The rest of us just aren't as good as she is. 

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic