IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Agree that Elizabeth doesn’t look happy at all. She’s not a big smiler in general. However she usually makes an attempt at a small closed mouth smile. She made no attempt in that picture. She’s almost frowning. 

She's thinking, "I just KNOW this pic will end up on freejinger!  Why are we doing this?!!!!!!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

Watching the webcast of yesterday's sabbath assembly was the usual infomercial for "this place" and"Gwen's message". Had a lot of fun getting grossed out by David Martin's fashion choice of car salesman plaid jacket, enormous turned up and over, shirt cuffs, loose pale blue pants with tight ankles, and no socks. Poor Michael was brought in stealthily, once again all in black, hair higher than ever. Audience asked to rise for his performance. Such are the perks of royalty. Gagggg.. Now weasely David Martin can't wait to roll right into some other awful droning piece. The constant applause for grown men writhing on stage in stupid outfits is not something any normal person can get used to experiencing in a "church". These so-called leaders are unbelievable narcissists.

The powerful message of the day, to quote David Martin was a WeighDown video. The title was Born Again Part 1. Really really awful. I amused my self laughing at Gwen being filmed lecturing in a red and white checked Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm dress held up with red ribbons. Ludicrous! But not as crazy as the summary of the film, Avatar, complete with many long scenes. I wonder if she paid for the right to show the film, probably not. Oh heavens. This went on for an hour.

Timeless message, cries out D؛avid Martin. Errrrr, really old one. Then the youth group came on stage and sang while waving V for Victory. Then everyone held hands, and I was hoping they would stop soon. But no, they starting acting the song out. Awful awful awful. Applause. Some doofus came out and said Gwen's message was really powerful. No message like Gwen's on this planet right now. Oh boy. Where is the great teacher, I wonder? Is she off somewhere canoodling with Joe?

The Eagle Room? Kent says you can go there if you are "convicted"!?!!?

David Martin begging for everyone to get those testimonials in... It's the right thing to do. Gwen and the leaders need to see them. You are officially dis-missed!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Today we learn that Gwen has never heard of cancer cells that harm the whole.

Have you already ruled over the birds in the air today? 

I saw some magpies but they didn't seem to give a damn about my orders.

Spoiler

A Healthy Family

August 19, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.” Genesis 1:26-28a

God created the Earth, and He created man and woman. God ordained marriage and the family. The family is a unit that is like an individual cell in the body. Each family is very important, and we all take care to help each family become all that it should be. We care about the existence of each family, and like the cells in the body, we are all there for the good of the whole. God’s brilliant and eternal work of the eradication of evil and the embellishment and the nourishment of everything that is good—from His Holy Personality, His Holy Spirit—should be paralleled in the home.

• WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 5

10 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

They have already taken down the picture with the whole family....

We have so much control over them it is insane. They are editing their public lives based on what we say here which is crazy! Seriously Gwen! Are you for real this insecure in everything about your life? Can you imagine being so afraid of what a forum is saying that you will remove pictures of your daughter? 

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Each family is very important,

Except for Gwen's first family which she is going to pretend didn't happen. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

7C480132-3ACE-4B14-BB6C-8AA272FBD0C4.jpeg

I just want to make sure the picture gets posted again :) 

I don't like little girls wearing strapless gowns. I don't know why but I have never liked it. To me it is making them grow up too fast. Gwen, why are the little girls wearing lacy leg warmers on their arms? They aren't gloves so I guess they are lacy arm warmers (without the warmth)?

Michael looks normal too bad his mom shames him for his size. Elizabeth still reminds me of the picture of my head of what Miss Havisham looks like from Great Expectations. She is so sick. Why doesn't her husband do anything for her! This picture is a year old. I wonder what Elizabeth looks like today. Has anyone reported new pictures of her in the last 3 months? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I don't like little girls wearing strapless gowns. I don't know why but I have never liked it. To me it is making them grow up too fast. Gwen, why are the little girls wearing lacy leg warmers on their arms? They aren't gloves so I guess they are lacy arm warmers (without the warmth)?

Michael looks normal too bad his mom shames him for his size. Elizabeth still reminds me of the picture of my head of what Miss Havisham looks like from Great Expectations. She is so sick. Why doesn't her husband do anything for her! This picture is a year old. I wonder what Elizabeth looks like today. Has anyone reported new pictures of her in the last 3 months? 

If you look closely, their dresses have clear straps. Which is even weirder in my opinion. Because they want the strapless look. Strapless is totally impractical for little girls because they have not chest to hold them up! 

• I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

I looked and Gwen's first husband's page. He seems to have better tastes to Gwen and I like his library. It actually looks like he has books he reads unlike Gwen's books that look like fake props. The little red headed grandson  gets to wear regular clothing around him. That child always seems to be dressed in some monstrosity around Gwen. 

I bet it drives Gwen insane that she can't erase him from the internet. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

Sorry, I'm having technical issues lol.

HOW do I respond to thread without any boxes or quotes popping in and how do I add pictures from my phone, I'm only seeing a camera option.

???

4 minutes ago, RFfree said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Ex. I cannot delete these things above my comments ? I'm really not this tech fail-y 

Edited by RFfree

@RFfree If you write in the box below the thread that says "Reply to this thread" (instead of clicking Quote below a post), you shouldn't get any unwanted boxes. But sometimes there are quotes that are saved from previous attempts to post and you can get rid of them by clicking the white paper icon on the right. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190819-182749.thumb.jpg.6d6ae569d6bed0d2b5625311bf6a3dfd.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190819-182140.thumb.jpg.391ef2ccc24a16c65ca5c5d57bce8a52.jpg

I added those pictures from my phone by "Click to choose files" and when they're uploaded I inserted them by clicking the plus sign

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

)  OMG that outfit they make the grandson wear.  Please, please someone stage an intervention, burn that outfit and dress the child more normally.  Even for RF, that little lord fauntleroy suit and hair is way too OTT

Not to be cisnormative , but before you posted otherwise , I actually thought that person was a girl .  :56247958035f1_32(18): 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Michael looks normal too bad his mom shames him for his size

From the Remnant Fellowship website , which I take to be dishonest , based upon what I have read here in this thread .  

It is very important for parents to start being responsive to their infants’ hunger at birth, and feed on demand. As children grow, their needs change, but they are naturally in tune to their body’s needs. I have tried to stay back and let my children form their natural eating selections. I never forced foods. I provided variety. By the way, big-boned children are as normal as thin children. God made them all, and the variety is adorable. We need to rise above the worry of food and the worry of looks. Looks are so superficial. Once you know and love someone, you do not even see the outside of them. The most important rule for having normal weight children is to spend your energy on praising God first, and second—loving one another at meal times, not loving or worshiping the food."
~Gwen Shamblin Lara - Excerpt from Feeding Children Physically and Spiritually, published in 1999

http://www.remnantfellowship.org/youth-ministries    So if Gwen Shamblin Lara were to take her own advice , this shouldn't be happening . 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Thank you @AmazonGrace ?

Saw this earlier this morning. TBH this whole Gwodly blessed marriage schtick gets on my nerves after how long leadership advised/convinced me to stay in a mentally and physically abusive marriage and she has zero integrity about her own relationships. What's with the holy whore vibe??? Is God still picking out her clothes?? ?

20190819_144230.jpg

Screenshot_20190819-094321_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

They don’t look like a royal priesthood; they look like a bunch of whackadoos.  But no one will ever stand up to Gwen because they have been reprogrammed not to trust their own thoughts. Any thought that is critical of Gwen’s taste in clothing or any of her decisions must be instantly supressed.  Any thought along the lines of “I wish I were allowed to dress normally instead of like I raided a thrift store costume rack” is clearly a thought that was put into their heads by Satan. As God’s prophet and the top of his earthly authority line, Gwen has complete control no matter how ridiculous and bad the results turn out. They just have to suffer through it and try not to think for themselves. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

This picture makes me sad.  I don't know a lot about this family/ministry except for the obsession with women's weight, but do we think Elizabeth is ill?  I hate negatively commenting on someone's appearance, but she does not look healthy AT ALL.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

This picture makes me sad.  I don't know a lot about this family/ministry except for the obsession with women's weight, but do we think Elizabeth is ill?  I hate negatively commenting on someone's appearance, but she does not look healthy AT ALL.

Yes, there’s been much discussion. It is assumed that Elizabeth has some sort of issue. Most likely some disordered eating brought about by her mother’s obsession with food and weight. Of course none of us know this for a fact. But it’s the most likely reason for her extreme thinness. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, there’s been much discussion. It is assumed that Elizabeth has some sort of issue. Most likely some disordered eating brought about by her mother’s obsession with food and weight. Of course none of us know this for a fact. But it’s the most likely reason for her extreme thinness. 

Oh , wow !  I hadn't realized that she's Gwen's daughter . I thought that she looked as old , if not older than Gwen Shamblin Lara .  :wtsf:

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

In case this hasn't been shared here:  https://midwestoutreach.org/2019/03/07/god-in-your-own-image/

Gwen Shamblin, founder of Weigh Down Workshop and her own personal church, Remnant Fellowship, seems to have created a strongly masculine though rather inept god with limited knowledge. Her movement eventually was in over 30,000 churches and was sold to the churches as a Christian weight loss regime. While she was teaching the flock about “Christian Weight Loss,” she also taught them that their church and all others were completely wrong and that only she had “the truth.” Many followed her right out of their supposedly corrupt churches (teaching “pagan” trinitarianism) and into her wonderful new one. Thomas Nelson publishers assisted in getting the god of her imagination into the hands of the masses. In her book, Rise Above she describes a sort of heavenly Harrison Ford who wanted to give Satan a fighting chance to woo the masses:

“God is so good-looking, so athletic, so powerful, and so charming that upon first sight, we would all immediately bow down and adore Him. So, He made Himself invisible to make the contest a little more fair. On top of that, He is such a humble gentleman that He took us to Egypt and allowed us to meet His rival face-to-face.” 1

It seems that her god is not omniscient, was a bit of a “dim bulb,” and didn’t know in advance what a tragic mistake it would be to allow us to meet that rascal Satan. About her god, she says:

He is going to let us “date around” – that’s plan A – so we can appreciate what a great choice He is. But unfortunately, some of His children – in fact, a lot of His children – have lost their focus and become distracted, and therefore found their hearts enslaved to Egypt, with no idea of how to get out of this relationship. This was not part of Plan A. So, God had to resort to Plan B: a duel – a boxing match – a fight.” 2

I hate to break the news to the gatekeepers of the churches who allowed her to come in to teach, but her reference to “Egypt” was about your church!

In her Weigh Down Advanced Video “Sovereign Lord” she refers to god as the “CEO” who, is often “out of the office.” He has a magic chair which provides extra power, but he just doesn’t know what it is going on when he is out:

“The CEO was out of the office a lot. He [Satan] found it really a trip to just sit in the boss’s chair behind His desk. The chair was magic. You could do what you wanted to do, when you wanted to do it, with no one to stop you. There were many perks being in the magic chair behind the desk…” (View clip)

Her god is not omniscient or omnipresent, since he is “out of the office a lot,” and so he is also remarkably gullible:

“This employee [Satan] was always careful to give praise to His face and in front of others; but behind His back, he was putting down authority which is absolutely essential if you’re going to get to the top. Now one day the boss returned and caught him sitting in His very own chair. This was shocking. Such defiance. He confronted this employee; and yet, the great CEO was so kind, that He accepted a ‘sorry’ and let him return to work.” (View clip)

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 4

Only Remnant members support each other, everyone else just wants to cut you down: 

Spoiler

The Goal of the Family

August 20, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

When Jesus came, his food was to finish the work of God. Parents should take care of this responsibility first and foremost—to ensure that this priority is passed down to each child in each generation. Therefore, the purpose of the family unit is to do the Will of God…to be holy as He is Holy, and to be Christlike, just like our Christ. Upon laying down sin and living for God’s Will as Jesus did, you automatically accomplish a unity that is impossible to destroy by the gates of Hades or the perpetual demonic attacks from the enemy. You see, the Church is built on the strength of each and every family unit, and therefore they are respected. Each family is valued equally as a part of this plan so that we work together, not in competition with each other as the world does. It is the opposite of the world because we help each other to be strong and upright.

Uh Jesus laid down sin? I thought he was sinless to begin with.

Also, how weird is it to say Jesus' food was God's work? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Upon laying down sin and living for God’s Will as Jesus did, you automatically accomplish a unity that is impossible to destroy by the gates of Hades or the perpetual demonic attacks from the enemy.

Soooo, I guess she didn't do this in her first marriage? Cause it seemed pretty easy to destroy and move on from. And yes, Gwen, as this is the time of  your first anniversary, I'm going to remind all your followers that you didn't practice what you preached or you did practice it but your teachings don't work. Pick your options Gwen. 

• Upvote 10

I gotta side with Gwen here, she's 100 % correct and it's impossible for gates or demons to destroy your marriage. If you want it properly ruined you and/or your spouse  gotta do it yourselves.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2

Elizabeth looks scary. No real smile in the wedding photo. Isn't she happy for the royal couple? Has malnutrition affected her dental health? So much ego-driven nonsense, and snark aside, Elizabeth should see a doctor. I would be terrified if my DD looked like her.  

18 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

But no one will ever stand up to Gwen because they have been reprogrammed not to trust their own thoughts.

CULT!!!! Remnant Fellowship is the cultiest of cults, and Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara is laughing all the way to the bank. What a reprehensible woman, her nonsense is as bad as the crap written by L Ron Hubbard. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 12

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Very weird.  At first I thought it was a typo.  Of course, Gwod doesn't want you to think about food, which is why she never mentions it (except in every writing).

Are these devotionals old, because you'd think she'd pull the ones that might make members ponder her spousal switcheroo.  Nah, we're living in Trump times, where you say one thing, mean another, and the minions cheer without engaging their brain cells.

Gwen Shamblin Lara - platform-shoe-wearing cult leader always wrasslin' with demons.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Reveal hidden contents

The Goal of the Family

August 20, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

When Jesus came, his food was to finish the work of God. Parents should take care of this responsibility first and foremost—to ensure that this priority is passed down to each child in each generation. Therefore, the purpose of the family unit is to do the Will of God…to be holy as He is Holy, and to be Christlike, just like our Christ. Upon laying down sin and living for God’s Will as Jesus did, you automatically accomplish a unity that is impossible to destroy by the gates of Hades or the perpetual demonic attacks from the enemy. You see, the Church is built on the strength of each and every family unit, and therefore they are respected. Each family is valued equally as a part of this plan so that we work together, not in competition with each other as the world does. It is the opposite of the world because we help each other to be strong and upright.

Uh Jesus laid down sin? I thought he was sinless to begin with.

Once you deny the deity of Christ, all bets are off as to what you're going to say next.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic