IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Briefly said:
On 8/8/2019 at 7:25 AM, throwaway9988 said:

So basically Gwen just has nothing going for her at all ?

No, that's not quite true.  She has her hair!

Going for her? I think that hair may be more likely to get up and go without her!

:banana-drums:

• Haha 11

Gwen invented love. No one else is talking about it. 

Spoiler

A Star of Love

August 10, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The best visual is that God is a huge Star of Love. His love can travel on love waves into the heart of man and is dispersed thru humans. It is far faster than the thrust of a jet, far warmer than the combustion of fuel, from a more sure and distant Source than solar energy. Unlike petroleum, electricity or fuel, love is free. Love is the greatest power to capture and disseminate on Earth, but this is not talked about or studied, nor has it ever been on the statement of faith of any religion except when you find the rare Remnant of the Church that Jesus began. I certainly feel inadequate to write about such a subject, but hopefully in showing its absence and perceived lack of importance, it will elevate Love in all of us. It is what God has been trying to get thru to man all along—that His goals, His ambition, His direction, His future of forever is a City of loving Angels with no bad attitudes.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 4

nor has it ever been on the statement of faith of any religion except when you find the rare Remnant of the Church that Jesus began. I certainly feel inadequate to write about such a subject [said the cult leader modestly]

At first I thought Gwen was trying her hand at interplanetary erotica, but then she brought me back to reality with her vision of "a City of loving Angels with no bad attitudes."  *snort*  Would that be Brentwood, Destin, or maybe somewhere in Italy? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

this is not talked about or studied, nor has it ever been on the statement of faith of any religion except when you find the rare Remnant of the Church that Jesus began

Have the RF people not been to any church ever? Maybe churches don't talk about it in such a odd way, but it is talked about and studied. Non Gwen books are even written about it! RF folks hop over to the Josh Harris thread and you will see proof of Gwen's lies. There are several videos shared of songs about God's love. Some written in equally odd language as Gwen's. 

• Upvote 12

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen invented love. No one else is talking about it. 

Hide contents

A Star of Love

August 10, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The best visual is that God is a huge Star of Love. His love can travel on love waves into the heart of man and is dispersed thru humans. It is far faster than the thrust of a jet, far warmer than the combustion of fuel, from a more sure and distant Source than solar energy. Unlike petroleum, electricity or fuel, love is free. Love is the greatest power to capture and disseminate on Earth, but this is not talked about or studied, nor has it ever been on the statement of faith of any religion except when you find the rare Remnant of the Church that Jesus began. I certainly feel inadequate to write about such a subject, but hopefully in showing its absence and perceived lack of importance, it will elevate Love in all of us. It is what God has been trying to get thru to man all along—that His goals, His ambition, His direction, His future of forever is a City of loving Angels with no bad attitudes.

So it's just a coincidence that her church is called Remnant?  Right.  Also, she reminds me very much of Lori Alexander with her comment about angels with no bad attitudes.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

The best visual is that God is a huge Star of Love. His love can travel on love waves into the heart of man and is dispersed thru humans. It is far faster than the thrust of a jet, far warmer than the combustion of fuel, from a more sure and distant Source than solar energy.

Gwen is clearly not qualified to talk about science. Thrust from a jet engine is a force, not a speed. The definition of a force is basically day one.

https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/airplane/thrust1.html

I want more of an explanation of WTF a love wave is?!

Lastly, anyone else notice she capitalized “Source”? If I remember correctly, she uses that interchangeably with God.  

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Have the RF people not been to any church ever? Maybe churches don't talk about it in such a odd way, but it is talked about and studied. Non Gwen books are even written about it! RF folks hop over to the Josh Harris thread and you will see proof of Gwen's lies. There are several videos shared of songs about God's love. Some written in equally odd language as Gwen's. 

Take this for example .  

Also , I think that what Gwen Shamblin Lara is expressing here falls under the section of the BITE model of cult mind control , particularly as it pertains to teaching that their is no peace or happiness outside the group , which is categorized under emotional control . 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Today we learn that Gwen does not know what wind is or does, and that we'd be healthier if  we could replace hospitals with true love distributors. (She might be right about that, we have no way to prove or disprove since no one including Gwen has no idea what true love distributors would actually look like) 

Spoiler

True Love Heals

August 11, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Why is True Love more influential than any energy source, more commanding than any energy tool? Because its destination is the heart of man. All other energy sources have an outlet or destination to machines or gears. The prevailing winds have a purpose to water and clean the Earth and distribute seeds so that the Earth is filled with vegetation, seed-bearing plants and trees for fruit as created by God on the third day.  But the purpose of the selection of love is to move and fill up the spiritual soul and heart. Both man and animal, indeed all living things, respond to the power of love. It moves mountains of hate and bitterness out of the Kingdom of God—spirits leave and then the gentle, meek and mild are left behind. Love is the most formidable force—it is still felt somewhat like the wind, but instead of externally it is felt primarily internally because it resides in the heart. It has the power to heal the internal and mental illnesses and pains. It has healed more than any form of medicine. If only we had hospitals that only administered True Love—if that was all they had to offer, and it was True, Genuine Love—more progress would be achieved for the sick and diseased and those possessed than any infirmary with the highest medically advanced services, yet administered with obligation. True Love nurtures and heals.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Yesterday's sabbath assembly at the Remnant Fellowship cult mother ship in Brentwood, Tennessee proceeded along the normal lines.  Webcasting began at the regularly scheduled time of 9:00 A.M., but there was only a couple of pictures of the building presented as a slideshow which was accompanied by heavy piano pounding.  This lasted, as usual, for about twenty long minutes.  Next came the bell ringers, great armpit presentations, and massive applause followed by a two-minute repeat of the tiresome "slideshow" while the table was removed and the bell ringers left the stage. Now we have a gaggle of girls gesticulating, curtseying, and simperingtheir way through a psalm as a means of showcasing a Gwen Shamblin Lara grandchild who was up front and center, as is always the case with Remnant Fellowship royalty.  Here there's a lengthy standing ovation. ?  Oh goody, time for the first screechy electric guitar assault on the flock's ears. Ghastly singer whining away about something, oh wait, does she (Julie Radebaugh, investor-real estate agent according to biggerpockets.com) think she's actually singing? [Check this out if you're not feeling ill enough yet...]

I wonder if she ate any of the catfish?  And I can't believe this place even serves food as  Remnant Fellowship leader, Rob Day.

Back to the assembly.  That song dragged on almost forever, but mercifully did end.  Unfortunately, it was followed by an atrocious song from Matt Weaver, a man who laid down greed for food because of Gwen's powerful message.  Ick.  Audience stood and waved their hands in the air for this long-lasting dose of nonsense.  A sea of armpits!  I think that whenever David Martin joins in a number, the crowd must stand. Sadly for them, the next song featured David Martin in a solo, so they had to keep standing a great while longer.  Then they were ordered to sing along with the onscreen lyrics.  Like pulling teeth.  Gruesome. 

Greetings and strange prayers next by Jason Hamilton and Tom Quinn.  They want God "to convict us"!  Unbelievable word choice.  Do they not know what anything means?

Oh boy.  Now David Martin is singing again, and yes, everybody stood up again.  Their arms were starting to look a little lower this time.  One does get weary with a workout like this. As he finally ended that awful squawking David welcomed everyone to the assembly, ha ha ha ha....it was almost 10:00.

Some guy staggered onto the studio stage and announced that they would now have communion and then uttered a lot of disjointed words.  Very aware of all the cameras on him.  Kept mumbling about "this message" but there hadn't been a message yet in the entire hour's worth of torture.

A few minutes of the same old slideshow while "communing" occured.  Then screaming and clapping wildly everyone jumped to their feet to greet the white-clad Prophetess Gwen who was bathed in blinding spotlights.  She begins to twang away nasally about how what God is doing is amazing.  The crowd sits down, but Joe has to turn around and check to see what everyone else is doing before sitting down.  He's so dimwitted-looking.  That's at about 1:02 in the recording if you want a little giggle.

Gwen sounded stupider than ever. "Thanks for the unity in 'this place'." And then she goes on to talk about only at RF has anyone been pure enough, thin enough or sinless enough to meet with God.  

She doesn't know that God's love is GIVEN and not EARNED.

It sounds like she has a cold, which is not a good combination with her naturally nasal hog-calling voice.  Honestly, I couldn't pay attention during her rambling address, so I looked at her shoes and noticed that she wasn't wearing the same old hooker platform pumps.  Instead she was shod in really high stilletto pumps...but still pretty chunky ones and not at all pointy. Also, there was no crossbody bag!!!!!!!!!  Just a semi-fitted dress that seemed designed to show off her fake bust. Never fear, the hair was even higher than ever.  And there's a new more extremely black goo on her eyes and brows.  Mawkish make-up job. Golly, so much sniffing and throat clearing.  Then I heard her start to explain about the Torah.  She's decided that the Torah and the Bible don't include enough writings from the prophets.  She disagrees with excluding books.  I think she's angling to print a Bible that includes her own writings because she said that she was going to print up inspired writings that should be included with the Bible.

Next she tries to talk about the Book of Revelations and the ways to interpret it.  She says that her personal opinion is that it tells about the struggle between Satan and the Saints.  No surprise here since all cult leaders are really into the "us against the others" themes in Revelations.

Okay, she wants us to hallucinate and see the visions described by John. Byuuuteefull. The background music that accompanies this "sermon" is really cloying.  Gwen declares how safe she feels sitting next to Joe.  Ha ha ha ha.  This is a lead-in to imagining God being near us forever.  The most powerful and richest authority over all....WHY IS SHE SO SHAMELESS ABOUT WEALTH? Anyway, she keeps on describing the future with God and how all will be new and without cost.  She wants free stuff. So there were fifty minutes of excruciating slow Bible citation reading and then finally, and rather suddenly, Gwen stopped.  She threw kisses and the crowed screamed and clapped like she was a rock star. Joe jumped up and trotted over to the stage left stairs to help Gwen totter down the steps and kissed her. Ewwwwwwwww. Screams continued for a while.  Then David Martin summoned all the "Shepherds and families" to the stage, and he began to inflict a particularly awful electric guitar/hoarse voice cacaphony upon the listeners. (By the way, no Michael Shamblin to be seen anywhere.) But lots of stupid clapping accompanied the Shepherds on their way to the stage.  Dreadful clothes worn by all, and Erin Shamblin's skirts are getting shorter every week which lets us see her increasingly chubby knees. Not that I have a problem with anyone having some meat on their bones. I just like to point it out in the context of this being an anorexia cult.  Like Gwen, Erin's (Elle's) make-up looked darker and much cruder than usual...and no crossbody purse.  Ha ha ha.  Who gives everybody the word about what they're supposed to do in matters of dress? 

Some joker got up and said, "What an amazing morning.  We shepherds are up here on the stage to show you how we are supporting God."

Gwen was asked to pray.  She did so in her inimitably nauseating way, clutching her pathetic grandchild's hand onstage along with Joe's.  He was wearing a skin-toned tee-shirt that made it look like he was wearing his pure white suit without a shirt.  Pretty creepy, if you ask me. He seemed to clasping Gwen's hand with both of his and shunning a little blond Shepherd child beside him.  She's a real pro at looking holy. 

Gwen told God that there is no food on earth that is as good as he is and continued to pray along those lines.  Thanks for your sabbaths and so forth.  

Some people have an ability to keep running their mouth despite having nothing to say.

Ha ha, some loser Shepherd rushed up after the prayer and said he hadn't had time to get to the mike.

Go Remnant Nation, he said.

Then David Martin told everybody to hurry and get all their testimonies into the office and with that they were dismissed.

Time to turn around and wave endlessly at the cameras in the back of the recording studio while David and his buddies continued playing on their beloved electric guitars.  Gag.  Slideshow....fade out.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

19 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

Then I heard her start to explain about the Torah.  She's decided that the Torah and the Bible don't include enough writings from the prophets.  She disagrees with excluding books.  I think she's angling to print a Bible that includes her own writings because she said that she was going to print up inspired writings that should be included with the Bible.

Adding to God's word?  That's a slippery slope!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, WeirdHarold said:

Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara did away with the trinity also.  She's the world's greatest theologian, don't you know? I she thinks it, so be it. Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara is the poster child for what a cult leader is. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, WeirdHarold said:

I had to look it up because I knew the Bible says not to add to or change it in any way.  It's in Deuteronomy, 4:2 to be exact: 

2 You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

So, doesn't that contradict what Gwen said/says/does/wants to do?

• Upvote 6

@Briefly, there's also Revelation 22:18-19.

Revelation 22:18-19 (NIV)

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

It's more specific about not adding to, or subtracting from, the prophesies in Revelation, but since most Bibles have it as almost the last words, it seems relevant. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today we learn that Gwen does not know what wind is or does, and that we'd be healthier if  we could replace hospitals with true love distributors. (She might be right about that, we have no way to prove or disprove since no one including Gwen has no idea what true love distributors would actually look like) 

Reveal hidden contents

True Love Heals

August 11, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Why is True Love more influential than any energy source, more commanding than any energy tool? Because its destination is the heart of man. All other energy sources have an outlet or destination to machines or gears. The prevailing winds have a purpose to water and clean the Earth and distribute seeds so that the Earth is filled with vegetation, seed-bearing plants and trees for fruit as created by God on the third day.  But the purpose of the selection of love is to move and fill up the spiritual soul and heart. Both man and animal, indeed all living things, respond to the power of love. It moves mountains of hate and bitterness out of the Kingdom of God—spirits leave and then the gentle, meek and mild are left behind. Love is the most formidable force—it is still felt somewhat like the wind, but instead of externally it is felt primarily internally because it resides in the heart. It has the power to heal the internal and mental illnesses and pains. It has healed more than any form of medicine. If only we had hospitals that only administered True Love—if that was all they had to offer, and it was True, Genuine Love—more progress would be achieved for the sick and diseased and those possessed than any infirmary with the highest medically advanced services, yet administered with obligation. True Love nurtures and heals.

If she doesn't know what wind is, then she better be extra careful that she doesn't get windmill cancer!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Joe is like Jesus. (Joesus?)

Spoiler

The God-Fearing Family

August 12, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. Exodus 19:4-6a

It is time for a restoration of God’s ancient calling of God-loving and God-fearing families…a Kingdom of Priests and a Holy Nation. There is a foundation that is essential for all families, and it is an adoring fear of God first and foremost. This is not merely an intellectual acknowledgment, but rather something felt deep inside—a feeling that a grave injustice on this Earth has been done to God, His Kingdom and the Heavens. It is an acknowledgment that it is time to right the wrong reputation of God—His will, His words, His undying love, His attention, His purpose—and then to right this grave injustice. The world has been blinded, and it has left the church and the family destroyed, for it is in the will of God that we live and thrive.

The family unit should mirror the Church structure, and each subunit builds the Church as they interconnect. The family unit is made of Christlike humans who represent the Kingdom of God and His Church. Each family member must accept their role and responsibility within their family and not put this off onto the Shepherds, Elders, Deacons, counselors and teachers of the Church. To have a family is a marvelous opportunity and responsibility to represent the most incredible God of the Universe.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself

I am not very familiar with this story, but assume the eagles' wings story is a metaphor?  I picture Gwen prancing through sand dunes on platform shoes with her minions trudging behind. 

Each family member must accept their role and responsibility within their family and not put this off onto the Shepherds, Elders, Deacons, counselors and teachers of the Church.

Makes me wonder what's been going on in the church to have this in the devotional.  Maybe they were asking Gwen and latest husband Joe why they should be any better than them?  ?

• Upvote 10

8 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Each family member must accept their role and responsibility within their family and not put this off onto the Shepherds, Elders, Deacons, counselors and teachers of the Church.

Makes me wonder what's been going on in the church to have this in the devotional.  Maybe they were asking Gwen and latest husband Joe why they should be Maybe soany better than them?  ?

Maybe some of the wives or kids are asking for help with overbearing husbands and fathers? Or maybe some of the Christ-like fathers are encountering resistance to their rule by diktat. One particular male Remnant Fellowship cult member always goes instantly ballistic when someone dares to disagree with him regarding the slightest thing. In part thanks to Gwen, he feels completely justified in his abusive treatment of innocent people and constantly demands that all recognize his right to make everyone's decisions for them without consultation. Between a terrible man and his victims, I think we all know whose side misogynistic Gwen Shamblin Lara, her unpleasant daughter-in-law, Erin Shamblin, and the whole damned gang of leaders choose. They definitely don't want to hear any cries for help. But now I wonder if the huge legalistic hierarchy of Shepherds, Elders, Deacons, counselors and teachers of the Church are finding that their financial and employment shenanigans are eating up most of their time and leaving very little for creating crappy music or (gasp) advising the losers who support them. I am sure there's trouble in the Kingdom of Gwod, and I can't wait to watch it develop into a full-blown Chenobyl meltdown.

• Upvote 6

Remnant Fellowship has a position called "shepherds"? I have heard of elders, deacons and teachers but what role does the Shepherds play? Who are "just" the participants or church members? 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

I found an amusing twitter account called @joeldongsteen, in which all instances of the word “God” in any of Joel Osteen’s tweets are replaced by the word “dick.” I have decided to apply this concept to Gwen’s daily devotionals for the next few days, replacing the word “God” with various things that Gwen loves:

“There is a foundation that is essential for all families, and it is an adoring fear of hair first and foremost. This is not merely an intellectual acknowledgment, but rather something felt deep inside—a feeling that a grave injustice on this Earth has been done to hair, its Kingdom and the Heavens. It is an acknowledgment that it is time to right the wrong reputation of hair—its will, its words, its undying love, its attention, its purpose—and then to right this grave injustice. The world has been blinded, and it has left the church and the family destroyed, for it is in the will of hair that we live and thrive.”

Oh, and I absolutely would not put it past Gwen to be arrogant enough to self-publish a revised version of the Bible containing some lesser-known historical works as well as a healthy amount of her own writings, and then charge every Remnant member $ for the privilege of reading it.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, Briefly said:

I had to look it up because I knew the Bible says not to add to or change it in any way.  It's in Deuteronomy, 4:2 to be exact: 

2 You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

So, doesn't that contradict what Gwen said/says/does/wants to do?

Some might say that this rules out the New Testament as being biblical , as it is an add on to the Tanakh . But more to the point , some  restorationists  , such as the Latter Day Saints  , believe in something called continuous revelation

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 2

Today we learn that it only takes one godly family member to create a happy, godly home. (Why did Gwen get divorced again?,) 

Spoiler

This is Possible for Your Family!

August 13, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

It is a common factor that we all long for an atmosphere at home of love, affection, respect, gentleness, companionship, humor and family unity with a foundation of building one another up. Can the miracle of this transformation happen within your family? The answer is yes—but it must start with the foundation of you. It only takes one family member committing to fearing God and being concerned for God’s reputation. You must accept this responsibility and then change your behaviors, functions and roles into what God has chosen you to become. If He made you a man, then it is the loving husband and head of the household. If He made you a woman, then it is the gentle, supportive wife. Why does the husband shirk his responsibility in exchange for peace or approval of man? Why does the wife want to play ruler of the household, telling everyone what to do? Why do people resent how their Maker has made them and the role that comes with each fantastical position? If you think your God-given role is mundane, no doubt the cat or the dog would love to trade places with you. How could we ask for more if we have been created and made in God’s image—made by choice to share eternity? What an honor!

If you're not happy in your marriage just trade places with your feline headship.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 3

“It only takes one family member committing to fearing Tarzan and being concerned for Tarzan’s reputation. You must accept this responsibility and then change your behaviors, functions and roles into what Tarzan has chosen you to become...If you think your Tarzan-given role is mundane, no doubt the cat or the dog would love to trade places with you.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

This is Possible for Your Family!

August 13, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

It is a common factor that we all long for an atmosphere at home of love, affection, respect, gentleness, companionship, humor and family unity with a foundation of building one another up. Can the miracle of this transformation happen within your family? The answer is yes—but it must start with the foundation of you. It only takes one family member committing to fearing God and being concerned for God’s reputation. You must accept this responsibility and then change your behaviors, functions and roles into what God has chosen you to become. If He made you a man, then it is the loving husband and head of the household. If He made you a woman, then it is the gentle, supportive wife. Why does the husband shirk his responsibility in exchange for peace or approval of man? Why does the wife want to play ruler of the household, telling everyone what to do? Why do people resent how their Maker has made them and the role that comes with each fantastical position? If you think your God-given role is mundane, no doubt the cat or the dog would love to trade places with you. How could we ask for more if we have been created and made in God’s image—made by choice to share eternity? What an honor!

What the ever loving F did I read? One person always being the positive, upbeat, motivator is tiring and will wear down even the most committed Pollyanna. If the rest of the family continues to be negative, lazy, (shirk responsibility), etc eventually the positive person will be pulled down.

Gwen saying the the woman is to gentle and supportive yeah, read your bible, not all women in the bible were demure. And Gwen, tell me again how you don't play ruler (of a church) and tell everyone what to do? Oh wait, you do, you tell everyone at Remnant Fellowship to do exactly as you tell them, even down to the wedding and church service attire. 

• Upvote 9

Her sentence structures are so convoluted and tautological  I think she has trouble filling up the word count each day.

It is a common factor that we all long for an atmosphere at home of love, affection, respect, gentleness, companionship, humor and family unity with a foundation of building one another up

If we ALL long for something  saying it's a common factor is redundant, and if your home has an atmosphere of love it pretty much implies that there is affection, respect, companionship and all that jazz. 

She reminds me of my high school second language essays which had an expected word count and if I was short  I tried to fill the  space with empty phrases and repetition like that.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

The answer is yes—but it must start with the foundation of you.

So I guess Gwen is admitting that her marriage failed because of herself. Gwen did not commit to fearing God and being concerned for God's reputation. She did not accept this responsibility and change her behavior, functions and roles into what God had chose for her to become. She wanted to play ruler of the household telling everyone what to do. She was not a gentle and supportive wife. That is the only logical conclusion to why her marriage failed. Especially since she speaks for God and God said that if you do all those things you will find family unity. So either Gwen's teachings are wrong or Gwen herself failed to follow her teachings and she should therefore admit it. Think long and hard about this RF folks. Gwen might be trying to pretend she didn't have a failed marriage, but FJ doesn't forget. 

• Upvote 15

• Coconut Flan locked this topic