IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

I have an unhealthy relationship with food without having Every. Single. Thing. the pastor (“pastor”) puts out being food obsessed. She is not a healthy human! I hope the church implodes as quickly as possible. She & her minions are doing such harm to people!

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I have an unhealthy relationship with food without having Every. Single. Thing. the pastor (“pastor”) puts out being food obsessed. She is not a healthy human! I hope the church implodes as quickly as possible. She & her minions are doing such harm to people!

I'm guessing that's why most of us post here.  In hopes it implodes sooner, so the people can begin recovery.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Gwen really needs a better editor to help her with her thought process.

She has a thought process? :P

• Haha 11

Has it been pointed out that all the recent wedding pages all say Gwen Lara? Does she think the negative press of Shamblin is bad enough to distance herself from all name recognition from her many years of Weigh Down? I would never change my name at that point! Unless it’s a term of the divorce?

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, RFStoleMyFriend said:

Has it been pointed out that all the recent wedding pages all say Gwen Lara? Does she think the negative press of Shamblin is bad enough to distance herself from all name recognition from her many years of Weigh Down? I would never change my name at that point! Unless it’s a term of the divorce?

I've mentioned that.  I think it's to avoid reminding people that she was ever married before.  It was the divorce that never happened.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I wonder if Gwen Shamblin Lara will go so far as to donate even more of her minions' money to get Lipscomb University to change the name of their Shamblin Theater.   (Vanderbilt University, just down the road, recently paid oodles to remove an unsavory name on one of their buildings.)  I laugh whenever I visit the campus and see that name.  Lipscomb has at least one other building named after a local scoundrel.  Love of money for the win, I guess.

Edited by CTRLZero
Another thought. I suppose Lipscomb could pay Gwen to get rid of the name.
  • Upvote 3

If your garden gives a bad harvest that's a punishment from God but if your life situation is otherwise shitty and unfair, you have to thank God for letting you live like that. .

Spoiler

Our Circumstances have a Purpose

August 02, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

“From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’” Acts 17:26-28

If this is true—that God has put us in a certain space and time to encourage us to connect with Him—we must not despise our circumstances because they have purpose. First Corinthians 7 is clear:

Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches…Brothers, each man, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to. I Corinthians 7:17, 24

Though we hear lies from satan…do not pay attention to what the dark world is saying, for we are God’s workmanship and NOT just an afterthought or a mistake. There are powerful persuasions that prevent one from ever perceiving God’s Love. Lies center around you and get you to focus on pride, projection, and how your situation is far worse than others. We must see that there is a God who is there and who has a plan of love for you, to encourage you to reach out, to connect with Him in love forever. It is all for your ultimate good and salvation.

May I ask you an important question that should not be dropped and one that should be asked every day until you meet your Maker…have you reached out to God enough? What have you done with your last 24 hours, weeks, months, years? Have you acknowledged and thanked God for your circumstances sufficiently? If not, you have missed valuable time and wasted years simply because you have interpreted troubles as punishment rather than purposeful.

Read more in The History of the Love of God, Volume III

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

If this is true—that God has put us in a certain space and time to encourage us to connect with Him—we must not despise our circumstances because they have purpose.

This is a HUGE part of her philosophy.  Her followers MUST believe how she lays this verse out... we have our lots in life and you must obey those placed in authority above you.  The oldest child has authority over the next who has authority over the next and so on.  Parents have authority over their children no matter how old they become - they can still not choose another way in life.  Church leadership has been appointed by God (according to Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara), therefore they are the supreme authority over the church and its followers.  Question authority and you question God Gwen.  No questions, she has spoken. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2

Cults like Remnant Fellowship and Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara always stress authority, authority, authority. This is because they want CONTROL, CONTROL, CONTROL. Gwen SHAMBLIN Larais not God. Classic cult bullshit. No one should offload their critical thinking ability to anyone, and anyone wanting you to do so should be a sign to run for the hills.  I hate cults and how they exploit vulnerable people who just want to feel important and part of something. Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara's hypocrisy is as big as her hair. Ugh.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Quick & mostly insignificant question:

Is “Lara” pronounced “Lair-uh” or “Lau-ra”? 

In my head, it basically rhymes with "rah-rah!"   Neither "lair" (too high in the throat) nor "laur" (too low in the throat). 

But I have no idea how she/they pronounce it, really.

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I wonder if Gwen Shamblin Lara will go so far as to donate even more of her minions' money to get Lipscomb University to change the name of their Shamblin Theater.   (Vanderbilt University, just down the road, recently paid oodles to remove an unsavory name on one of their buildings.)  I laugh whenever I visit the campus and see that name.  Lipscomb has at least one other building named after a local scoundrel.  Love of money for the win, I guess.

Interesting.  Do you have any pics of the name on signs, etc there?

Edited by WeirdHarold
Add question
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

David Shamblin was the one responsible for the money being donated to Lipscomb University for the theatre.  Indeed Gwen Lara could not have cared less about the donation.  

It's bad enough that David has seen his last name hijacked by his ex-wife, but he is such a great person and undeserving of any more attacks on his name.  

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Concerned1954 said:

David Shamblin was the one responsible for the money being donated to Lipscomb University for the theatre.  Indeed Gwen Lara could not have cared less about the donation.  

It's bad enough that David has seen his last name hijacked by his ex-wife, but he is such a great person and undeserving of any more attacks on his name.  

No offense, but didn't he gave her his name willingly?  Of course he probably couldn't see her wacky future when he proposed, but he married her and they were together a long time.  Maybe I don't understand what you mean by hijacked, but his name will be attached to her for a long, long time.

• Upvote 2

I do believe she has a different last name now.  The fact is the Shamblin Theatre is more about than David Shamblin than Gwen.   Don't be giving Gwen ideas about making money.    And the main point I urge is an understanding that David donated out of generosity to what he felt was an appropriate charity.

In this case, continued use of "Shamblin" by Gwen Lara is hijacking.  Gwen got on the plane under normal pretenses, but at some point she took over the name and directed it in a direction different from the destination David intended.  Yeah "hijack" is adequate.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

Interesting.  Do you have any pics of the name on signs, etc there?

No, but it is listed on the campus map.  The building is pretty plain from the outside, but it looks really nice inside based on the video you provided.

@Concerned1954 I apologize if it is more David's donation than Gwen's, and that it is upsetting, but at some point Lipscomb probably thought they were a team and Gwen was respectable.  Here is a snippet from gwen shamblin lara [dot] com :  (I don't want to link as it makes my computer freeze so who knows what's going on there.)

Gwen was named Christian Business Leader of the Year at Lipscomb University in 1998, saying,“Lipscomb University has chosen Gwen Shamblin, founder and chief executive officer of Franklin-based Weigh Down Workshop Inc., as Christian Business Leader of the Year for 1998.

I'd love to learn more about when Gwen boarded the crazy plane.

• Upvote 7

To RF insiders/survivors or RF fans [sic]; What part did Dsvid S play in building the Shamblin Family fortune? 

• Upvote 5

Today we learn that Gwen is like God:

Spoiler

The Beautiful Refiner’s Fire

August 03, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Trials in life are Heaven-screened—all personalized tests for you to be refined in love, peace, kindness, charity, faithfulness and goodness. These are all fruits of the Spirit and they are the characteristics of Christ and God. God is holy and holy means to come out or away from evil and sin and then stay separated from evil. God is Holy because He is pure and then has separated Heaven from hades and the unclean. God has exorcized the demons and bitter attitudes and reserved all the good Angels with sweet attitudes. It is neither male nor female characteristics. God and Godly men will be gentle, patient, kind, loving, full of joy. I have grown to thank God for all the trouble He has gone to—to select the perfect altar table and refiner’s fire for me personally.  Each of us can be carved out to focus only on God, to depend only on God, to love only God—but ultimately, we are His offspring…we are His children, to be like The Father, to be like God.

But Gwen is being modest. In truth, God wants to be like Gwen.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2

OK folks, I'm going to be traveling for awhile, but I just had to make a snarky remark or two on this devotional before I go.

God has exorcized the demons and bitter attitudes and reserved all the good Angels with sweet attitudes. It is neither male nor female characteristics. God and Godly men will be gentle, patient, kind, loving, full of joy.

Demons - now Gwen, didn't we just have a discussion about demons luring us with cookies in the dark hours of the night?

Angels - it is a relief to know that the Angels cheering us on against the cookie demons also keep sweet.

"neither male nor female" -yet- "God and Godly men" - may I direct your attention to the manly men over on the Botkin/Doug Phillips threads.  This may improve RF's stance on various theological concepts.  Enjoy!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

"neither male nor female" -yet- "God and Godly men" - may I direct your attention to the manly men over on the Botkin/Doug Phillips threads.

Just before I read this, I was thinking how wonderfully bizarre it would be to read a mash-up of the writing styles of Doug, Gwen, Lori, Jill and Bro Gary. Theology presented with a mix of the florid, the cruel, cave-man grunts and lots of CAPS and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

On 8/2/2019 at 9:56 AM, CTRLZero said:

What's the other building?  (I know several families that have kids who go to Lipscomb or who are themselves Lipscomb alumni.)

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

No offense, but didn't he gave her his name willingly?  Of course he probably couldn't see her wacky future when he proposed, but he married her and they were together a long time.  Maybe I don't understand what you mean by hijacked, but his name will be attached to her for a long, long time.

Just by staying with Gwen until she got rid of him, David apears to have enabled her nasty career.

On 8/1/2019 at 8:32 PM, WeirdHarold said:

I'm guessing that's why most of us post here.  In hopes it implodes sooner, so the people can begin recovery.

I pray every day for this cult to collapse. The victims are piling up, and the failure of the media to say a word is deafening. Please, somebody, sue these people for their mistreatment of you. That would shine a new light of negative publicity on this evil cult.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today we learn that Gwen is like God:

Hide contents

The Beautiful Refiner’s Fire

August 03, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Trials in life are Heaven-screened—all personalized tests for you to be refined in love, peace, kindness, charity, faithfulness and goodness. These are all fruits of the Spirit and they are the characteristics of Christ and God. God is holy and holy means to come out or away from evil and sin and then stay separated from evil. God is Holy because He is pure and then has separated Heaven from hades and the unclean. God has exorcized the demons and bitter attitudes and reserved all the good Angels with sweet attitudes. It is neither male nor female characteristics. God and Godly men will be gentle, patient, kind, loving, full of joy. I have grown to thank God for all the trouble He has gone to—to select the perfect altar table and refiner’s fire for me personally.  Each of us can be carved out to focus only on God, to depend only on God, to love only God—but ultimately, we are His offspring…we are His children, to be like The Father, to be like God.

But Gwen is being modest. In truth, God wants to be like Gwen.

I am amazed , and a bit amused , how people are finding such remarks to be unusual enough to be noteworthy .  As I have mentioned before , I had grown up in such Holiness  churches as the Church of the Nazarene  , where entire sanctification  was taught to be a second work of grace , subsequent to justification .  So such teachings as Gwen Shamblin Lara has been presenting , in this regard , would have been standard fare for those such as myself .  Like , I was subjected to such messages being delivered in church , if not part of the weekly services , then at least during revival services .  So I suppose that my question would be , given the similarity , on the surface anyway , between Remnant Fellowship , and the Nazarenes , do people here think that I was raised in a religious cult  ?  I sort of have wondered if it could be said that Holiness churches might be cults , but I think that many people think of church cults as having unconventional views regarding the Bible , such as Mormons , and Jehovah's Witnesses have , compared to mainline Christianity .  So while such cult figures as Jim Jones   , and even Charles Manson  http://www.theintelligencer.net/life/columns/2013/09/playing-pinball-in-center-wheeling/ , grew up attending this church , for what it's worth ,  I think that its being a member of the National Association of Evangelicals  has shielded the Church of the Nazarene from such criticism .  Still , I find it interesting that people , including a number of evangelicals perhaps , are taken aback by such perfectionist teachings .  But for such well meaning evangelicals , who cannot imagine what the biblical basis for such a doctrine could possibly be , just let me say that Christian perfectionists , from the Nazarenes , all the way down to Gwen Shamblin Lara , twist such verses as  Matthew 5:48 out of context .  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Marmion said:

I am amazed , and a bit amused , how people are finding such remarks to be unusual enough to be noteworthy .  As I have mentioned before , I had grown up in such Holiness  churches as the Church of the Nazarene  , where entire sanctification  was taught to be a second work of grace , subsequent to justification .  So such teachings as Gwen Shamblin Lara has been presenting , in this regard , would have been standard fare for those such as myself .  Like , I was subjected to such messages being delivered in church , if not part of the weekly services , then at least during revival services .  So I suppose that my question would be , given the similarity , on the surface anyway , between Remnant Fellowship , and the Nazarenes , do people here think that I was raised in a religious cult  ?  I sort of have wondered if it could be said that Holiness churches might be cults , but I think that many people think of church cults as having unconventional views regarding the Bible , such as Mormons , and Jehovah's Witnesses have , compared to mainline Christianity .  So while such cult figures as Jim Jones   , and even Charles Manson  http://www.theintelligencer.net/life/columns/2013/09/playing-pinball-in-center-wheeling/ , grew up attending this church , for what it's worth ,  I think that its being a member of the National Association of Evangelicals  has shielded the Church of the Nazarene from such criticism .  Still , I find it interesting that people , including a number of evangelicals perhaps , are taken aback by such perfectionist teachings .  But for such well meaning evangelicals , who cannot imagine what the biblical basis for such a doctrine could possibly be , just let me say that Christian perfectionists , from the Nazarenes , all the way down to Gwen Shamblin Lara , twist such verses as  Matthew 5:48 out of context .  

I was raised in the Nazarene church as well, and the teaching that we can be sinless (and should strive to be) really messed me up for a long time. I’ve been out for 15 years and can still head down a legalistic path if I’m not conscientious of it. My entire extended family was super involved in the Naz church. I was the first to leave, but now everyone else is out too. I don’t know if I would call it a cult, though. Maybe a cult-lite? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, Marmion said:

I am amazed , and a bit amused , how people are finding such remarks to be unusual enough to be noteworthy . 

I don't know anything about the Nazarene church so can't really comment. I guess you could call it a hobby by now that I read all Gwen's  devotionals and find something snarkworthy every time, unusual or not. 

My church taught that everyone is a sinner and you got saved by grace alone. If you weren't trying to be a better person your faith might be a dead letter. But a sinfree state was not seen as an attainable goal, there would be something to repent every day.

Maybe it's my upbringing but personally I see this sinfree business as a very tough cake to bake, because the chances are that the moment you think you got there and are now perfect and Godlike, you start suffering from pride and getting judgmental, which are also sins according to the Bible.

Gwen's personal brand of being sinfree by anorexia is just objectively ludicrous. In my subjective opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic