IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Thanks to @NarcissismKills for the thread title.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Haha 4

So, after some time away from the Gwen threads, I see that she's still dangerous, bizarre, and has very disordered thinking -- no change.

On the lighter side:

Spoiler

871556995_GwenTarzanfries.PNG.f1c1f74253ff950087eb620e602d8762.PNG

Spoiler

800561921_JoeTarzanhypnotize.jpg.849794f360da2b59dc03795a7d63d26e.jpg

Spoiler

1082791899_JoeTarzansquint.PNG.69bf901d74e4308cf81a981f72167b42.PNG

Notice, he still can't furrow his brow enough to make lines in his forehead, though.

Edited by thoughtful
adding something
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 31
  • Love 1

No way did Gwen eat those fries. If she did, that was her only meal of the day. Does anyone notice that Gwen got skinnier and “bonier” with age?

IMO, even though Gwen preaches against medicine, I think she is obsessed with Diet Pepsi because of the caffeine. Does Gwen drink coffee? Coffee, being a stimulant, decreases your appetite. Many ADHD and a few antidepressant medications (Wellbutrin) have a similar affect.

You can even get caffeine pills over the counter as some college students do for wakefulness aids. 

I can’t help but wonder if Gwen is on something...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

You mean beyond a a power trip of complete control over Remnant Fellowship, a cult in Brentwood , TN?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

So there was another wedding tonight at the headquarters of the  Remnant Fellowship cult hell hole, and Gwen Shamblin was in fine form. Not surprisingly, nothing intelligible issued forth from her weirdly tinted lips. She called the girl, whose name is Monica, "Monicker"! And after some discussion of Abrionics, I figured out that she was attempting to invoke the name of Abraham. Her efforts to practice talking about Abraham earlier in the week were all for naught. She rambled on aimlessly about how pure these young kids were and dished endless personal details (really boring) about their lives. Search as I might, I couldn't detect Joe Lara in the obviously brain-dead crowd. Maybe he's just not able to take this B.S. anymore? That David Martin is singing and playing his twisted little heart out non-stop during these sickening events. Joe Lara came to Nashville to be a country music star (like everybody else in town), and I suppose Hollywood Joe can't really stand having to take a back seat to the mediocre likes of David Martin, Tedd Anger and those hideous younger guys screeching that unbearable music.

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Yes, you just know she is on drugs, and since she'll be getting Medicare very soon we'll all be footing the bill.

• Upvote 1

Gwen skipped a day and today we get two

You have no will power. You have natural internal control and instinct. You must depend on God's power which means you use your natural urges and instincts such as hunger. You must put aside your own desires and be dead to your own wishes.

This makes perfect Gwense again. Which is it? do I follow my natural urges or should I put them aside? If I'm hungry I want to eat... but can I eat if I must put aside my own desires?

Spoiler

It Does Not Take “Will Power”

June 23, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Internal control is not willpower, but, rather, God-power. For most of us, our willpower is long gone and was spent on trying impossible man-made rules that ran against our natural internal control or instinct. Depending on God’s power is completely different because you are using your natural urges and instincts—hunger and fullness. In addition, you know now that you must put your own desires aside—they are submerged. The person who has surrendered his will to God’s will, dead to his own wishes, can now follow the Spirit of God and sense, feel, and follow His lead.

If you lost your job IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A SINNER ! If things went wrong it's not random chance, it's God telling you you suck! If you're feeling bad it's because YOU'RE A BAD PERSON AND YOU DESERVE TO FEEL BAD!

Spoiler

How to Avoid Projection

June 23, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

A second wrong path people take with feelings of conviction is projection is so common. This second path is not calloused over—they sin and then feel the pain of a guilty conscience—but instead of repenting, they blame everyone else near them for their plight.

This feels so good, temporarily, but then the guilt comes back, so they rant at someone else—the government, the bank, the car in front of them, the house help, the waitress, and even the dog. There is an endless resource to blame. It becomes a way of life to end all responsibility, but it comes with a great price…strained relationships, ruined friendships, divorce, lost jobs, etc. You end up empty but loaded down with sin. Instead of favor, you have a lack of acceptance from God and man, which results in rejection, isolation, and loneliness.

This has happened before—in fact, it was the road taken by the very first family. Genesis 4:2b-8 says:

Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was down- cast. Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.” Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.” And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.

First, we learn from this passage about Cain and Abel that anger and depression, a downcast feeling, accompanied the first sin and every sin thereafter. Everyone has sinned, so all people have felt this guilt, which is the lack of favor from God. However, it is what we do from here that counts. When things go wrong, it is not random… it is God trying to get your attention… but instead of changing, you took the wonderful conscience pain and hurt someone else. You must look inward first and thank God for showing you anything. Please! Who even bothers anymore to teach us what we need to know? God is your best friend! What a revelation to be prompted by the Heavens for what you did wrong. If you do not change, you wind up like Cain—lonely and an outcast.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

This is a question for the former RF-ers here.  I obviously think way too much about Remnant and the whole WD "religion" based on not eating.

My question is this:  Nearly every one of the written testimonies and "You Can Overcome" shows have couples who swear up and down that RF healed their broken contentious marriages and fixed their finances.  How?  Specifically how did this happen?

How does losing weight and following Gwod and her pseudo-Jewish 'let's all get skinny' cult do any of that?  Seriously -- I cannot imagine how what they say was accomplished actually happened.

• Upvote 8

I honestly don’t think Gwen is on drugs. I think her lack of nutritional food is making her thoughts more confused as she ages. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

12 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

This is a question for the former RF-ers here.  I obviously think way too much about Remnant and the whole WD "religion" based on not eating.

My question is this:  Nearly every one of the written testimonies and "You Can Overcome" shows have couples who swear up and down that RF healed their broken contentious marriages and fixed their finances.  How?  Specifically how did this happen?

How does losing weight and following Gwod and her pseudo-Jewish 'let's all get skinny' cult do any of that?  Seriously -- I cannot imagine how what they say was accomplished actually happened.

Let me try to explain because it’s an interesting process. Please note this is just what I observed/my experiences from when I was a member.

1) you do weigh down and lose weight by “following gods spirit”

2) since it worked there, apply that theory of following gods spirit to other parts of life. 

3) Gwen preaches that following the spirit is following the line of authority set up by God. 

4) In Gwen’s line of authority, she preaches that the man in the relationship is the head of the household and the man has the more direct line to God. (Gwen would claim to be under David’s authority even though he wasn’t in the church...a concept that always confused me as a kid. If he wasn’t in Remnant-the one true church-how could he have the direct line as opposed to Gwen?)

5) Most families start out with a mother taking weigh down and getting involved in Remnant. The wife would start just obeying/deferring to the husband. To the husband who is potentially unaware of the teaching, it would seem that they argue less and their marriage is better. 

6) This “improved relationship” (unequal and sexist IMO) would make husbands more interested in Remnant. 

7) Husband joins Remnant and gets taught he is the head of the household. 

8 If both follow Gwen’s teaching, then the wife would not argue or really have much of a say against the husbands word, so of course the relationship seems better because there is likely less arguing. 

I hope this helps explain... @RFSurvivor_2 - anything to add?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 2

This is what can happen when Anorexia Mirabilis developes into full blown anorexia nervosa .  Although it can be tempting to desire that fundamentalists , who tend to be obese , especially given the nature of their fellowship meals , I.e. potlucks , lose weight , those who are Christian perfectionist  might come to believe that if they fail to have the perfect body , as the temple of the Holy Spirit , to go along with the perfect soul , God will then reject them , and forfeit their salvation . 

Edited by Marmion
  • Sad 3

The finances are fixed, not necessarily because the hubby makes more money, but because he is completely in charge of what is spent, when and by whom? No question or comments by spouse or children allowed?

I assume under the man = head of household theory the wife has to ask permission to spend money on anything or is given an "allowance" she cannot exceed?

I've wondered about all the people who "gave up everything' to move to Brentwood and the mothership.  Did they all have portable careers that would prosper anywhere -- doctor, lawyer, dentist, World Financial Group MLM Ponzi Scheme, real estate broker/agent?  Did they end up working for WD

What  about normal middle class/lower middle class RFers?  Are they just muddling along, scraping by, living in other RFers basements?

So many of the RF Royalty and the pictured Leaders on the website look to be (or pretend to be) well off/ rich.  Are they or is it all optics?  The Days obviously have $$$$, since they now have a 2nd home in Italy as well as the historic mansion in Brentwood.

And .... on average, how much does working for RF/WD/Gwod pay -- looking at David Martin, Tedd Anger, etc., etc. Oh and of course Michael and Elizabeth.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

So I’m not as clear on the $$$ part but it supposedly has something to do with being under God’s authority and how HE would give back tenfold if you gave up control. 

I do remember some families that the wife would have an allowance and that was it. 

As for people who moved, it depended on their job type. Some got jobs in their current field and others changed careers to be able to move. 

I can’t speak for how much money, but from my POV it seemed like most of the leaders were very rich. I do not know if that was a facade or real. 

I know that some of the weigh down staff are paid but a lot of the work is done by volunteers....

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

58 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

In Gwen’s line of authority, she preaches that the man in the relationship is the head of the household and the man has the more direct line to God.

What if you ain't got no husband and you are a household of one (well, maybe you have a cat or two)?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

What if you ain't got no husband and you are a household of one (well, maybe you have a cat or two)?

I honestly don’t remember if she said anything or what she said about situations like that. Unless you were a youth, Gwen said you were to stay under your parents authority. I know many of the youth live with parents until they get married....which seems to be getting earlier and earlier. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

They'll fix that ASAP. The speed with which single or recently divorced Remainant Fellowship members are pushed into marriage with other cult members is dizzying.

Look at the website, it's a breeding program.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

8 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I honestly don’t remember if she said anything or what she said about situations like that. Unless you were a youth, Gwen said you were to stay under your parents authority. I know many of the youth live with parents until they get married....which seems to be getting earlier and earlier. 

Yeah, fifty and sixty year old folks look silly staying under their parent's authority. If we have parents living with us it's because we are taking care of them. Singles are invisible in RF I guess, can they even join?

• Upvote 5

And the obvious delight delight that Gwen Shamblin Lara and her henchmen discuss the brow-beaten state of Remnant Fellowship young people is pathological.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

If you are single, they start trying to pair you up with someone.

Does this apply to non-cishetero folks too? 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen skipped a day and today we get two

I popped on over to Gwen's page before coming here and I only saw one devotional. I went back and yup, only one. Maybe she accidently posted tomorrow's post today and removed it. Maybe she should have a snack to refresh herself. 

Also, her devotionals usually end with, read more in Weigh Down Works!. Today's says, read more in Tablet. Anyone know what that is?

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I popped on over to Gwen's page before coming here and I only saw one devotional. I went back and yup, only one. Maybe she accidently posted tomorrow's post today and removed it. Maybe she should have a snack to refresh herself. 

Also, her devotionals usually end with, read more in Weigh Down Works!. Today's says, read more in Tablet. Anyone know what that is?

The blurb is still an excerpt of the removed post.

kuva.png.ff03e38a3adfbbe87f9666785a4301a3.png

Interwebs, how does it work.

And how do you callous over a path?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

They'll fix that ASAP. The speed with which single or recently divorced Remainant Fellowship members are pushed into marriage with other cult members is dizzying.

Look at the website, it's a breeding program.

Here’s a Remnant member’s sister account of her sister (Jayne Fielder Dubois) being matched and married in Remnant years ago:

http://www.spiritwatch.org/sisterjayne.htm

“Jayne was let go from her job as a counselor some time ago at WD but has remained as loyal as ever to Gwen and the church. Jayne is getting married in May. I was a bit surprised because we hadn't heard a word about Ron until she became engaged. She said she wasn't at all interested in Ron at first but was strongly advised to consider that this is what God wanted for Jayne. I am very happy for her. The only thing that I can say about the wedding and the only thing that suddenly occurred to me is none of her immediate family has been asked to particpate but be recognized as "honory" family. No maid of honor, no flower girl, my daugther is seven and asked if she was going to be the flower girl for Auntie Jayne's wedding.”

Edited by sajetime
  • Sad 9

so they rant at someone else—the government, the bank, the car in front of them, the house help, the waitress, and even the dog. 

Wonder if this tidbit is still in when the edited version goes up again? Does she really think that all her congregation live like this?

Edited by Mrs Ms
Lost that the original post was from @AmazonGrace. One day I will figure out how to trim quotes on my phone
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Does this apply to non-cishetero folks too? 

They totally steamroll people into inappropriate matches without any regard for actual orientation and have thus caused a lot of grief. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic