• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Timetraveler

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

She blogs and uploads videos about 'femininity' and how you can achieve the ultimate level of femininity according to her. Please tell me I am not the only one who cannot stand her. Her ideas about how women should behave and dress in order to be seen as 'feminine' make me want to throw up.

Giddy
AmericanRose

I hope this doesn't spoil the video for anyone 😄

Of course #1 is about beautifying your outer self. 🙄

#2 is your environment. Is recycling or picking up litter mentioned? Nope. Just your bedroom (if living with parents) or house.

#3 Be a gentle listener. It started off okay - there are toxic people, don't listen to them, but friends and family that have your best interests at heart, listen to them. Okay, good.
And then of course, be sure to ask men questions so you build a framework about their life. I've never heard anyone 'flippantly' claim they have no idea what their husbands do at work, but anyway: you don't want him discussing those issues with another WOMAN at work! You know why.

#4's practicality is stressed repeatedly. And it is... ditch streaming services as part of your nightly routine, and replace it with building a skill/hobby/mind. Not bad advice, but... what does it have to do with femininity? Men also veg out with Netflix, and could use that time to learn a skill instead.

#5 Learn to regain your privacy. Part of being feminine is beautifying things, and part of being beautiful is having an air of mystery. This sounds like a lot of the 'men are mars women are venus' crap. She mentions not seeking public validation, which is good, but if someone wants to show off their body or express their thoughts on social media... how does that have anything to do with femininity? "Part of being feminine is remaining elegant and classy and private."

Don't we already have enough out there telling us how to be 'feminine'?

I looked at her Instagram and:

"I’m opening up on the blog today about my lifelong battle with Perfectionism 🖤 Read about my story on the blog!"

I don't think the blog is going to help her with that. Apparently she did a video/blog about how to spot a masculine man... sigh.

Howl
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I looked at her Instagram and:

"I’m opening up on the blog today about my lifelong battle with Perfectionism 🖤 Read about my story on the blog!"

Is it possible to die from witnessing peak irony?  Because if so, this irony perfected closes the circle and I'm ready to pass on to another life.  

Also, and I'm being a little BEC here, but did she botox her lips or just have a close encounter with bees stinging her repeatedly about the mouth area?

Edited by Howl

AmazonGrace

#5 Learn to regain your privacy. Part of being feminine is beautifying things, and part of being beautiful is having an air of mystery. This sounds like a lot of the 'men are mars women are venus' crap. She mentions not seeking public validation, which is good, but if someone wants to show off their body or express their thoughts on social media... how does that have anything to do with femininity? "Part of being feminine is remaining elegant and classy and private."

Says a person who has a public Youtube channel.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 5

Howl
Posted (edited)

Also, I'm not about to take advice on living my life from a person who hasn't lived all that long (I'm 70).   She's in for some BIG surprises. 

20 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

She mentions not seeking public validation, which is good

But, but she's a perfectionist, and I can promise you she makes sure her hair, nails, makeup and clothes are PERFECT before she starts recording and why would she need to be perfect if not something related to being validated. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

Giddy
AmericanRose
3 hours ago, Howl said:

Also, I'm not about to take advice on living my life from a person who hasn't lived all that long (I'm 70).   She's in for some BIG surprises. 

But, but she's a perfectionist, and I can promise you she makes sure her hair, nails, makeup and clothes are PERFECT before she starts recording and why would she need to be perfect if not something related to being validated. 

I have a feeling she's more of a 'do as I say, not as I do' person ;)

Spent
Dreadcrumbs

"Femininity" is overrated.

luv2laugh
Posted (edited)

She’s disgusting. We don’t need to learn how to be feminine. Society needs to treat gender as equal. We should focus our efforts on equality rather than differentiating ourselves. 

Want to wear make up, bake cookies, garden, “pinterestify” your home? Great. I like doing this too and so do my friends. Although, I personally don’t make it my identity like the girl above, it’s just a few simple hobbies of mine.

However, the 50s through, I’d say, the 90s focused on domestic activities and feminine beauty. Even today, magazines are telling teenagers how to make themselves more beautiful and how to get a “beach body”.

There is nothing wrong with being a feminine, domestic goddess. However, going forward, I hope more people spend their time and efforts on equality. We want ourselves, our sisters, our daughters, etc. to be treated as equals in the workplace.

The more we promote domestic femininity of the Lori Alexander type, the more men in the workplace continue to discriminate against us and judge women. It’s not fair but we are making progress.

Edited by luv2laugh

Howl

Women's magazines typically have articles about: losing weight/getting rid of belly fat/having a better butt/beach body, pictures of the perfect attractive homes of attractive people, dealing with fatigue, issues with kids, dinner recipes, high calorie dessert recipes

If I'm in a waiting room and have a choice between say, SHAPE magazine and Men's Journal,  I'll almost always choose Men's Journal, because it's more oriented towards action and hard-core strength building.  The last Men's Journal I read while waiting for a hair cut had a fascinating article about Sumo wrestlers. 

Wine time!
The Mother Dust

Someone should tell her the Botkins already cornered this market.  🤨Ugh, her whole channel is vomit. Did you guys see this title "how to be feminine in a feminist world" 

Spoiler

I watched 2 minutes of this and couldn't take the cringe anymore, so I clicked off.  

dripcurl

She definitely seems to be bit a manic, it almost looks as if she is going to burst into tears at times. If someone feels the need to be perfect, but also a people pleaser, I would assume they will find avenues to do so that are they think are appealing. This girl probably grew up in a very gendered and performative environment, so taking the perfect housewife routine to the next level would make sense as a way for her to achieve “perfection”. For others it could be art, academia, the work place, or relationships.