IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

On 9/16/2019 at 2:56 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

Well then, he isn't a poor small town cop. State troopers make good money. Interesting he is from Clarkston (Metro Detroit), from bestplaces.net - half of those that identify as religious in Clarkston are Catholic - 

Hide contents

Religion in Village of Clarkston, Michigan

50.6% of the people in Village of Clarkston are religious:
- 2.4% are Baptist
- 0.6% are Episcopalian
- 25.2% are Catholic
- 2.7% are Lutheran
- 3.1% are Methodist
- 1.0% are Pentecostal
- 1.6% are Presbyterian
- 0.4% are Church of Jesus Christ
- 9.1% are another Christian faith
- 3.0% are Judaism
- 0.5% are an eastern faith
- 0.8% affilitates with Islam

All the police officers I know stay away from social media unless it is a public police officer page. Most do not have their own presence and if they do it is locked down. 

Found Caitlin's maiden name. Found two prezis that Caitilin made -  one made by her about the religions in the Caribbean (2014), another about French fashion (2014). I assume both were college assignments. https://prezi.com/gualey-ysh6q/cuba/  

Her French needs improvement, though I suppose she has little use for it now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

41 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

I've never heard of Jaclyn Glenn, so thank you for finding posting this here @Marmion. She poses a good question - in which universe is Mrs Midwest punk rock?? Seriously?

It's like JillRod and Lori Alexander hate-fucked and had a fluffy blonde baby. The hair, the makeup, the fake smile, the hatred of college and women with careers. It's all there in blindingly white-toothed glory. 

"Hate fucked" ?  And I love your avatar!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marmion said:

Well I just recently went onto YouTube , and lo and behold Jaclyn Glenn just made a react video addressing Mrs. Midwest . I think that Caitlin Huber has finally arrived .  

She mentioned that her comments seem overwhelmingly positive. Caitlin has said in the past that she has her husband go through her comments and moderate them for her. So likely, they're being stopped by Mr. Midwest.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

15 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

She mentioned that her comments seem overwhelmingly positive. Caitlin has said in the past that she has her husband go through her comments and moderate them for her. So likely, they're being stopped by Mr. Midwest.

I've posted semi-negative comments on her videos before and I usually find them gone within a few days so I figured that someone was moderating the comments. Also, if you guys think her YouTube channel is bad, check out her blog. This girl makes the rest of us traditional Christians look bad and it really annoys me because most of us aren't this insane.

Also, if her husband is making $44,000/year, then, if either of them had student loans, then they're in a world of financial hurt right now. That may be why she thrifts everything. Just because he's making $44,000/year doesn't mean they're keeping all of it. Based on her comments about frugality, they're not able to use a lot of that for themselves. She talks about not having student loan debt but I can't imagine that she doesn't have any. Unless her family was raking in cash then her parents couldn't have afforded that tuition, especially with the currency conversion from Canadian to American (1CAD = 0.75USD).

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

40 minutes ago, Firefury14620 said:

I've posted semi-negative comments on her videos before and I usually find them gone within a few days so I figured that someone was moderating the comments. Also, if you guys think her YouTube channel is bad, check out her blog. This girl makes the rest of us traditional Christians look bad and it really annoys me because most of us aren't this insane.

Also, if her husband is making $44,000/year, then, if either of them had student loans, then they're in a world of financial hurt right now. That may be why she thrifts everything. Just because he's making $44,000/year doesn't mean they're keeping all of it. Based on her comments about frugality, they're not able to use a lot of that for themselves. She talks about not having student loan debt but I can't imagine that she doesn't have any. Unless her family was raking in cash then her parents couldn't have afforded that tuition, especially with the currency conversion from Canadian to American (1CAD = 0.75USD).

It's very possible that I'm not as good with money as they are, but my net income is comparable to his. I would really struggle to support another adult person right now, especially taking into consideration things like that person's student loan debt, paying for their vehicle and insurance, and paying for their health insurance/health care. They can go a fair amount further in Newaygo County, MI, though, compared to the city I live in. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Firefury14620 said:

I think he started out above $50k $44k. From michigan.gov/msp it states the starting salary for a trooper 10 is approximately $50k, not including OT and shift premium. Also while he was in recruit school he earned $3,800/month. The article about his graduation was Feb. 2017. The collective bargaining agreement I found covered 2014-9/30/2017. the Salary for fiscal year 2017 (Oct 1 2016- 9/30/17) started trooper 10 at $46270.08 and year 2 was $54,496.80. So if he started at Trooper 10, he would have earned $46k until 9/30/2017 and then on 10/1/2017 he would have earned $54k. https://www.michigan.gov/documents/ose/MSPTA_Colllective_Bargaining_Agreement_2014-2017_as_adopted_517112_7.pdf 

page 150 If salaries remained the same as in that contract he would be making about $57k/year before OT and shift premium. And from what I am reading after year 2, the trooper becomes a Trooper 11. 

Based on the blurb on this site: https://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-62526_62528-285305--,00.html it seems like the current base salary for Trooper 10 is very close to $50k so I would bet he is making over $60k at this point. 

Salary and Benefits

During their training, recruits receive $3,800 a month while in recruit school.

Starting salary for a Trooper 10 position is approximately $50,000, not including overtime and shift premium. After 20 years of service, a trooper’s base salary increases to $73,000.

After six years of service, troopers receive longevity pay; a lump sum provided once a year based on time-in-service.

Troopers receive health, dental, vision and life insurance from the State of Michigan. 

Troopers earn 13 vacation days in the first calendar year, accrued four hours every two weeks. Additional vacation time is accrued based on years of service.

Troopers earn 13 paid sick days in a calendar year, accrued four hours every two weeks.

State of Michigan employees receive 12 paid holidays per year.

All enlisted employees are provided with the required uniforms and equipment. A uniform cleaning allowance is also provided.

And remember, their house was only $139,000 so their mortgage is inexpensive. (30 years, $139k, 3.25% is 604.94/month before taxes and insurance; so bump it up to $900/month. If he makes $57k his gross pay is $4750; Mortgage people say no more than 30% for mortgage; using that percentage, they could afford a mortgage of $1425. So even if he has student loans they should be able to live nicely off his salary. I'm not saying Caribbean beach vacations every year but they should be comfortable. And the Dutch descendants in that part of Michigan have reputation of still having the first dollar they earned. 

17 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Caitlin has said in the past that she has her husband go through her comments and moderate them for her.

what the hell? In my opinion, not that youtubers asked me, if you want to have an online life then YOU need to take the heat with any comments and backlash, don't delegate that to another person.

And some of these people have the audacity to call others "snowflakes"? :angry-steamingears:

Edited by quiversR4hunting
Correction - I think he started out above $44k
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

I worry about a few things for them financially right now. One thing to consider is how much interest they plan to pay on their student loans. My family was making about $60,000/year for a family of four when I was little. Both of my parents were paying off students loans and it really hurt our finances. Thankfully my dad got laid off and decided that he wasn't going to be making less than my mom, who gets a public school teacher salary because that's a stupid salary to get with an econ degree and CPA. He started his own business and our income increased. My parents were still paying off their student loans. Over time, the interest rates would magically increase because the US government is so financially corrupt and would put more and more strain on our family. Caitlin says that she wants to have 3-4 kids. My parents were raising 2 kids and paying off student loans on Caitlin's husband's approximate salary every year. If she plans to stay home and they haven't paid off their loans by the time they have kids they're going to run into some problems. Also, it should be acknowledged that Caitlin's family still lives in Canada, and travel expenses to get to her family even just once a year would be high, so that would have to be factored in. It should also be considered that Caitlin will probably end up sending her kids to private school or homeschooling, both of which can be pretty expensive as well, especially with 3-4 kids. Her husband could also get fired or laid off, meaning they would have no source of income until he found another job and they still might be paying off loans, paying for kids, etc. She seems to think she's pretty money smart but I'm pretty sure that her knowledge is mostly surface value. That means that they will probably have to pay someone to do their taxes if/when they get more complicated if they don't already, which can be expensive as well. They also have to drive further and use more gas to get to most places because they live in such a small town. He probably has to use a fair amount of gas just to get to work every day. I have to make a 30-minute commute for college and the gas bills can rack up really fast, especially since oil and gas supply is becoming compromised because of conflict in the Middle East. They've just gotten married, they haven't gotten very far into their lives yet. I hope they're ready for when they get older and they start facing more and more expenses.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, muggleborn said:

Looks like she is a red piller

As I posted before , on this thread , if any interested parties want to go back a number of pages to find my earlier comments , Mrs. Midwest reminds me of this other YouTuber , Stell Belle .  She seems like a rising number of alt-right women on YouTube .  

Only , unlike say Evalion , aka  Veronica Bouchard , Caitlin Huber so far seems to be clever enough not to express blatant hate speech , which could otherwise get her deplatformed .  

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 5

On 9/13/2019 at 10:53 AM, Four is Enough said:

(Oops—fat-fingered yet another quote box by mistake.)

As an Old, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Being a SAHW/M depends on 1) getting someone to FREAKING MARRY YOU (which is nowhere as easy as these bimbettes posit) and 2) finding someone who thinks that having a SAHW is Just Swell.  Each of these is a monumental crapshoot. Some of the kindest, smartest, most conventionally attractive women I know are single even though they don’t want to be.

In my life, I’ve known many SAHMs who do/have done an absolutely bang-up job. I’ve also known a few who, lamentably, finagled their way down the aisle to a meal ticket and 1) found out that marriage isn’t all they’d dreamed it would be, and/or 2) absolutely suck at homemaking.

I always wanted to be a SAHM, and it didn’t work out (divorce when my baby was a year old; remarrying knowing my paycheck would be essential to running our household). In hindsight, I was damn lucky it didn’t work out: I’m now in my 60s and financially secure (not rich by any means) because I worked fulltime, many years with a second job) and saved my damn money that I freaking earned myself.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Hane said:

(Oops—fat-fingered yet another quote box by mistake.)

As an Old, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Being a SAHW/M depends on 1) getting someone to FREAKING MARRY YOU (which is nowhere as easy as these bimbettes posit) and 2) finding someone who thinks that having a SAHW is Just Swell.  Each of these is a monumental crapshoot. Some of the kindest, smartest, most conventionally attractive women I know are single even though they don’t want to be.

In my life, I’ve known many SAHMs who do/have done an absolutely bang-up job. I’ve also known a few who, lamentably, finagled their way down the aisle to a meal ticket and 1) found out that marriage isn’t all they’d dreamed it would be, and/or 2) absolutely suck at homemaking.

I always wanted to be a SAHM, and it didn’t work out (divorce when my baby was a year old; remarrying knowing my paycheck would be essential to running our household). In hindsight, I was damn lucky it didn’t work out: I’m now in my 60s and financially secure (not rich by any means) because I worked fulltime, many years with a second job) and saved my damn money that I freaking earned myself.

I think there are quite a few SAHDs that have realized how incredibly hard it is to find someone to marry them. People like Kelly Reins, Sarah Maxwell, Esther Staddon, and the Botkin sisters come to mind. Just because they are modest, Meek, can cook, love children, and take care of themselves doesn’t  mean GYMs will be knocking down their doors to propose.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Marmion said:

Since I not long ago posted a video here , I just thought I'd post a follow up .  

I feel like this one was quite a lot better than the first and Jaclyn clarified some points that are super important- like the hypocrisy of MrsMidwest benefiting from going to college but then painting college in a less than desirable light. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

And, ohhhh, Mrs. Midwest, honey—about that “getting 50% of his money” after a divorce: Only nine US states are community property states, and yours isn’t one of them. 

Pull up a chair and learn from someone who actually was divorced twice: In 1980, I was awarded $60/week child support and $1/year alimony. (And neither of us had any assets to speak of.)  My lawyer said I’d be nuts to pursue more alimony: “You’re a young woman and likely to get married again” (I had a good job by the time of my divorce, and did remarry five years later). With divorce #2, there were no mutual kids to consider, but here’s the fun part: Even though I earned only about 70% as much as he did, guess who had to cough up $37,000 to whom? Yep, it was me: During our marriage, I became vested in my company’s pension and retirement benefits system, while he job-hopped. (This was adorable: he always kind of looked down his nose at my little girly job, while he was An Electronics Engineer.)

One woman I met in the early ‘80s had always been a SAHW/M. When she hit her 40s, her husband kicked her to the curb for a new model. Her alimony consisted of a modest weekly amount of money for one year—the judge said it was for “a rehabilitation period” so she could acquire some skills and get a job. (Their kids were adults.)

Sorry, sweetheart—in the 21st century, even if you have kids, any judge is going to expect you to get up on your hind legs and be an adult. You can kiss those fictions from 1950s movies and TV shows goodbye.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

And even If you get 50 % of some dude's money it's not necessarily enough to live comfortably with a bunch of kids

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Not to mention the court fees. one of my relatives got child support that never increased over the years because "so did her salary"... and the EX would quibble over EVERY doctor appointment, every hair cut, every little item... in court.

• Upvote 4

@Hane Exactly!!! I have seen spousal support given when (typically) the wife takes a lesser job while the husband pursues a high demanding/long hours job and the wife is left doing everything for the household, children, etc. (Usually it ends up being a doctor, attorney, Csuite, etc). 

Here is what  divorcenet says about qualifying for spousal support

Spoiler

Who Qualifies for Spousal Support?

In Michigan, either spouse can ask for spousal support in a divorce. It’s important to understand that for the court to consider a request for support, you must address it in your initial divorce paperwork. For the filing spouse, you’ll have to tell the court you need financial support in your petition for divorce. For the respondent (or defendant), it’s essential for you to file an answer to the complaint for divorce and your spouse's request for alimony.

It’s a common misconception that you and your spouse must be married for at least 10 years before the court will award support. While it’s more likely for a judge to award support for a long-term marriage, for couples married for any period, the court will award alimony if a party qualifies.

Factors for the Court to Consider

Unlike child support calculations in Michigan, there is no set formula that judge must use to calculate the amount and duration of spousal support. Judges must consider various factors to determine whether to award alimony and if so, how much. In addition to considering the length of the marriage, judges also evaluate the following factors:

the parties’ past relations and conduct

each spouse’s ability to work

the source and amount of property awarded to the parties in the divorce

the age and health of each party

the financial situation of each party

the needs of each spouse

the prior standard of living of the parties and whether the parties support other dependents

each parties’ contribution to the marital estate

whether a spouse’s conduct caused the divorce

how cohabitation affects a party’s financial status, and

any other general principles of equity.

The amount of alimony dramatically depends on both spouse's incomes. The court will try to award an amount sufficient to allow the receiving spouse to maintain a home and a reasonable standard of living. It may also include an award of attorney fees already paid by the receiving spouse.

Although there’s no “formula” for judges to determine alimony in Michigan, some courts use the child support formula and additional information to create a starting point for spousal support awards. However, the court has broad discretion when creating a final order.

https://www.divorcenet.com/resources/divorce/spousal-support/understanding-and-calculating-alimony-m-3#targetText=Michigan permits spouses to request,during or after a divorce.

As for child support, there is a formula and this one is Michigan's formula:  https://micase.state.mi.us/calculatorapp/public/welcome/load.html 

So for Mrs. Midwest, I put in 3 children* born 1/1 2019, 2017 & 2015. I didn't put in any child care. I put her salary as $3000/month for her and $60,000 for his yearly income. I put 185 overnights for her, 180 in for him. Insurance for both and they are $150/month. It puts Dad to pay mom at $398/month. The calculator did say that if there was child care that mom would pay 38% and dad 62% of that cost (until the child is 12) the same percentages show up when paying medical bills. I also know non-working parents where their income is imputed based on their education and work history if they don't currently have a job or if they seem to be purposely underemployed. So exactly to your point, Mrs. Midwest is an idiot and doesn't know the laws of her own state surrounding child and spousal support. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
*I know she doesn't have children, I just made up 3 kids born every 2 years to get numbers
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On 9/19/2019 at 12:02 PM, Hane said:

When I was a kid, I expected to be a SAHM but by the time I got to college, I knew I would be working whether I needed to or not.  I understood the importance of having my own money, retirement, etc.  I wanted to be a lot more financially secure than my parents had been, while they were financially stable things got more paycheck to paycheck with my dad's sole income until my mom finished nursing school and went to work.  

On 9/19/2019 at 12:02 PM, Hane said:

Yep, my mom did amazing things during her SAHM years, as did my grandmothers.   However, when I got married I was the sole working woman in Mr. No's immediate family much to the horror of his parents who thought I ought to be staying at home instead.  The funny thing is that MIL and SIL absolutely sucked at homemaking.  MIL did the bare minimum and SIL did absolutely nothing, in fact it was up to her husband to take care of things after he got home from work because SIL spent her days at the mall.  

• Upvote 6

When Terry Hekker(author of Ever Since Adam and Eve)was kicked to the curb for a younger model after 40 years and five grown children, she was awarded modest alimony for five years, and the judge advised her to get job training.  And she was past 60.

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/qa-terry-hekker-disregard-first-book-1264.php

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2

14 hours ago, Hane said:

And, ohhhh, Mrs. Midwest, honey—about that “getting 50% of his money” after a divorce: Only nine US states are community property states, and yours isn’t one of them. 

I hadn't realized it was only 9 states. Here's a map for anyone else who wondered which states are community property states.

Spoiler

1200px-Community_property_states_svg.thumb.png.19b04502ad3ca7271cff0f51405eef2a.png

• Thank You 4

8 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I hadn't realized it was only 9 states. Here's a map for anyone else who wondered which states are community property states.

Hide contents

1200px-Community_property_states_svg.thumb.png.19b04502ad3ca7271cff0f51405eef2a.png

Interesting it isn't the bible belt, sahm advocate states. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

Just now, quiversR4hunting said:

Interesting it isn't the bible belt, sahm advocate states. 

I also noticed that Oregon is surrounded by community property states, but isn't one. 

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Not to mention the court fees. one of my relatives got child support that never increased over the years because "so did her salary"... and the EX would quibble over EVERY doctor appointment, every hair cut, every little item... in court.

Yes! The court fees. Even if she had a chance of getting 50% of a ex's income, she's going to need a lawyer for that. She'll probably also need a lawyer for any custody issues if she has kids. I have very strong doubts that anyone will willingly give up half their income to a person they're divorcing. Her flippant attitude towards the subject really screams that she views men as money machines she can use while she lounges around the house all day and shops. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, kaluce said:

Yes! The court fees. Even if she had a chance of getting 50% of a ex's income, she's going to need a lawyer for that. She'll probably also need a lawyer for any custody issues if she has kids. I have very strong doubts that anyone will willingly give up half their income to a person they're divorcing. Her flippant attitude towards the subject really screams that she views men as money machines she can use while she lounges around the house all day and shops. 

In some instances the husband might be so browbeat , and henpecked that he might just want to be done with it , without that much hassle .  But in many cases , I think , one or both of the couple will be adversarial , and require arbitration to settle the dissolution of the marriage , and distribution of assets .  So if they are wise , both will retain the service of their respective lawyers .  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Oooh, boy. She saw the criticism video that was posted earlier and she is not taking it well. She talks about how she seems "robotically happy" because she is happy and emphasizes that her vlog is for everybody, regardless of beliefs and that she tries to make everyone feel welcome there. (You failed). She said she expected this kind of criticism, because staying at home is "weird." She also tries to make half-hearted jokes about being a "Stepford Wife." Mr. Midwest refuses to be on the video today.

Later on in the video, she talks about a box full of positive, life-giving things written on slips of paper that help her through hard times. Today's blog is about "coping when life throws you a curveball" or you're feeling "ashamed, in despair, or attacked." 

Then she makes bagels. She wants to know if you pronounce is BAY-GUL or BAG-UL. I have never heard anyone pronounce it the latter way. Her hair is down and it's uncomfortably close to the dough and it's gross. She goes to the library and says she loves Young Adult literature. Her favorite book is called Evening Class by Maeve Binchy. 

Oh, jesus. Then she tells us how she styles her pillows. I don't freakin' care so if you want her technique, you can go watch this yourself, I guess. Then she takes us to go see a Lake Michigan sunset. She gives a special thank you to people who support her, she says she thought she'd feel a lot more upset, but she feels "blessed and encouraged." Sure, Jan. 

• Thank You 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic