Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Timetraveler

Mrs Midwest

Recommended Posts

Happy
ViolaSebastian

Yay, new video!! In honor of the terrible day I'm having, here's how Caitlin lost, wait for it..........a whopping 15 pounds.

1. She shows before and after shots that look more or less the same, except her face looks slightly fuller in the "before" shot. She makes it clear to all of us that she's not a dietician and has zero medical training.

2. The first area to focus on is.....food. SHOCKER! After I recovered from my mini-heart attack, I listened to her talk about how she used to get emotional comfort from food and that it helped her "procrastinate." She counted calories on an app and did portion control. She loves food!! She says don't drink your calories. Learn from other cultures. She tellingly mentions "Japan and Eastern Europe" and talks about how they always have "such trim figures." She follows Russian chicks on Youtube to see how they stay so thin. Do intermittent fasting. She also suggests that you not buy crap food (a food that's "ruining your life") from the store. 

3. The second area is "movement." She started walking for 45 minutes to an hour with her dog. She prefers this exercise because she didn't want to build a lot of muscle and stay slim. She also has a big chest and didn't want to screw up the ligaments in her boobs. She also says she has scoliosis and that a lot of "high impact" exercise would "compact her back" over time. Uh. She suggests the "always be moving" method that involves standing and walking all the time. She says we get to a place where we don't know how much we can handle because we don't do anything. She was a person who would "follow her feelings," and if she was upset, she would eat food and be lazy. She told herself she'd always have a gross body or feel badly and she let those voices take control of how she lives her life. She suggests counseling and The Bible to remedy these issues. She also suggests taking tips from the women of the past. "1800s women" weren't doing burpies or getting up early to run! Be self disciplined; we live in a culture with no discipline!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yay, new video!! In honor of the terrible day I'm having, here's how Caitlin lost, wait for it..........a whopping 15 pounds.

1. She shows before and after shots that look more or less the same, except her face looks slightly fuller in the "before" shot. She makes it clear to all of us that she's not a dietician and has zero medical training.

2. The first area to focus on is.....food. SHOCKER! After I recovered from my mini-heart attack, I listened to her talk about how she used to get emotional comfort from food and that it helped her "procrastinate." She counted calories on an app and did portion control. She loves food!! She says don't drink your calories. Learn from other cultures. She tellingly mentions "Japan and Eastern Europe" and talks about how they always have "such trim figures." She follows Russian chicks on Youtube to see how they stay so thin. Do intermittent fasting. She also suggests that you not buy crap food (a food that's "ruining your life") from the store. 

3. The second area is "movement." She started walking for 45 minutes to an hour with her dog. She prefers this exercise because she didn't want to build a lot of muscle and stay slim. She also has a big chest and didn't want to screw up the ligaments in her boobs. She also says she has scoliosis and that a lot of "high impact" exercise would "compact her back" over time. Uh. She suggests the "always be moving" method that involves standing and walking all the time. She says we get to a place where we don't know how much we can handle because we don't do anything. She was a person who would "follow her feelings," and if she was upset, she would eat food and be lazy. She told herself she'd always have a gross body or feel badly and she let those voices take control of how she lives her life. She suggests counseling and The Bible to remedy these issues. She also suggests taking tips from the women of the past. "1800s women" weren't doing burpies or getting up early to run! Be self disciplined; we live in a culture with no discipline!

 

All of her videos seem pointless. Who will learn anything new from that video? I can’t imagine who subscribes and regularly watches her videos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
ViolaSebastian
2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All of her videos seem pointless. Who will learn anything new from that video? I can’t imagine who subscribes and regularly watches her videos. 

Right? Maybe it's because I've been a degreed professional Fat Person™ for twenty years, but none of what she said was new in any way shape or form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
10 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Right? Maybe it's because I've been a degreed professional Fat Person™ for twenty years, but none of what she said was new in any way shape or form.

It’s basically should be titled: “this is how you lose a few pounds if you’ve never been overweight a day in your life.”

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
ViolaSebastian

Also, "1800s women" (like a freakin' 100 year span is comparable...JFC, imagine saying "1900s person"--that encompasses the Edwardian Era through the President-getting-a-blow-job-in-the-Oval-Office 1990s, for crying out loud) did things like swallow tapeworms, drank arsenic, ate sand, chewed each bite of food 32 times, and swung on trapezes. So let's not pretend that there weren't an overabundance of diet and exercise fads then, too. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Also, "1800s women" (like a freakin' 100 year span is comparable...JFC, imagine saying "1900s person"--that encompasses the Edwardian Era through the President-getting-a-blow-job-in-the-Oval-Office 1990s, for crying out loud) did things like swallow tapeworms, drank arsenic, ate sand, chewed each bite of food 32 times, and swung on trapezes. So let's not pretend that there weren't an overabundance of diet and exercise fads then, too. 

I would love to know what was really in all those weight loss and health “tonics” that were advertised in papers back in the 1800 and early 1900s. Probably really disgusting stuff mixed with ordinary stuff from around your kitchen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
ViolaSebastian
2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love to know what was really in all those weight loss and health “tonics” that were advertised in papers back in the 1800 and early 1900s. Probably really disgusting stuff mixed with ordinary stuff from around your kitchen. 

Cocaine. And, I mean, it worked, so yay?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AuntCloud
46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love to know what was really in all those weight loss and health “tonics” that were advertised in papers back in the 1800 and early 1900s. Probably really disgusting stuff mixed with ordinary stuff from around your kitchen. 

Ye Olde Plexuse, forbye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firefury14620

I'm pretty traditional and I want to stay at home with my kids and homeschool but I think that Mrs. Midwest is just cringe. I would counter the argument that people don't stigmatize SAHMs because my own mother and sister think that I'm oppressing myself and think that I would be leeching off my husband. However, I want at least 10 kids and its hard to not be staying at home with that many kids. Anyways, she just gives all of us young prospective SAHMs a bad name with her condescending and sometimes childish attitude. I really want to like her because I think that there needs to be a strong traditional female to be a good role model for young women who want to live a more traditional lifestyle but I just can't. I feel like I would probably disagree with most of you on politics and some other social issues but I did want to jump in here and say that there are also people who want to live a traditional Christian lifestyle who can't stand her. God bless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timetraveler

She should use all her discipline to train her 'critical thinking' muscles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Depressed
polecat

"Eat less, move more" -- So revolutionary!!! Such wisdom, such knowledge! How ever did all the fat people lose weight before she graced the world with her scientific observations!? 

When my sister and I were kids, we'd make our own "magazines" and "newspapers," writing columns and columns of complete and utter garbage. Oh, it was absolute nonsense, but it kept us busy and out of trouble and was fun, so whatever. 

Thankfully, this was pre-internet, and our garbage is long gone, rotted away in some landfill somewhere. 

Meanwhile, Mrs. Midwest is neither a kid, nor is her bullshit contained to the scribbles in a notebook but broadcast all over the damn place. It's either gonna come back to haunt her someday when she grows tf up, or she's just going to devolve into malevolent insanity, a la Lori Alexander. May the odds be in her favor, I guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaluce

Ooof her new video is fullllll of awful put-on "girly" laughs. Her affect is so incredibly fake and comes across as patronizing. I can't listen to the content over the voice! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firefury14620
Just now, kaluce said:

Ooof her new video is fullllll of awful put-on "girly" laughs. Her affect is so incredibly fake and comes across as patronizing. I can't listen to the content over the voice! 

Completely agree! How to be like a Disney princess? How old is she, four? In most of the older Disney princess movies, the princesses were saved by their knight in shining armor or prince charming. I don't want that, I want to be an independent woman. I think that she doesn't want to be independent and that's why she has such an obsession with being like a Disney princess (she has brought it up in older videos).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaluce

She says it's "not wrong for women to need help" which I agree with, but it's also not wrong for women to want to HELP THEMSELVES or learn how to "save" themselves. But of course- that's apparently an "attack" on masculinity to want to be your own hero.

She also seems to think that the 50s were the best time in history..... um.... yeah maybe for WASP males, but for no one else- including women.

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SweetLaurel
25 minutes ago, kaluce said:

um.... yeah maybe for WASP males, but for no one else- including women.

Yeah, my grandmas and great aunts were all raising families in the 1950's and every single one of them had jobs outside the home at the same time.   Who was teaching school, being nurses, worked in stores,  and as  secretaries?  Were actresses to promote that ideal.  I mean, the options weren't varied, but women had jobs and raised kids.   I'm always baffled by the idea that women didn't work in the 50's.   Sure, some didn't but some don't now.  I think the media focused on the idea and it stuck.  

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marmion
37 minutes ago, Firefury14620 said:

Completely agree! How to be like a Disney princess? How old is she, four? In most of the older Disney princess movies, the princesses were saved by their knight in shining armor or prince charming. I don't want that, I want to be an independent woman. I think that she doesn't want to be independent and that's why she has such an obsession with being like a Disney princess (she has brought it up in older videos).

And now there are Disney films like this .  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firefury14620

I very much liked the fashion of the '50s, and my clothing style now is based heavily on it, but I don't think that the trademark of the '50s should be women being homemakers when that wasn't the case at all. Obviously there were female homemakers but this was around the time that inflation started to get bad enough that households functioned better, especially with kids, on two incomes. There has started to be an attack on homemakers, at least where I live, but there's not an attack on femininity. I feel like when The Hunger Games and Divergent became popular all these traditional Christians were getting butthurt about gender roles being broken in popular culture for younger people. I want to stay at home, but I'm not going to shame anyone for wanting to go out and have a job because I don't think every woman was made to stay at home. I feel like, even though she says that she doesn't have anything against women who don't stay at home, she really does in the way that she talks about women with big careers being masculine and how she talks about masculine women as a bad thing. The first few videos were cool and I thought that they were at least entertaining to watch but her most recent videos have just been so cringy. Also, her Instagram is just straight up gross. It's like one of those moms who can't stop taking pictures of their kids but instead, it's taking pictures of her husband. I don't even know if her husband is totally on board with this whole thing. I hope that they're both happy, but I think that her laziness may end up biting both of them in the butt later on if it hasn't already. One time she said that her husband always wanted a wife who would stay home and I think that she just took advantage of him. I'm sorry if I seem passionate about this, I just hate that there are people like her that make traditional women look stupid and make homemakers look lazy because most homemakers and traditional women aren't lazy and contribute to society in meaningful ways. I'm currently in college as a Business Economics major so that I may be able to be a homemaker but also have some kind of business career online to help support my family. My boyfriend and I are thinking that, after college, we are going to get married and he supports me either way instead of having an expectation that I will stay at home. If I want to be a big balls career woman, he'll still be supportive and happy for me. Sorry for the long rant, I just have a lot to say about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SweetLaurel
30 minutes ago, Firefury14620 said:

. I want to stay at home, but I'm not going to shame anyone for wanting to go out and have a job because I don't think every woman was made to stay at home.

And some women don't have the option to stay home -  high income areas where you need two incomes, wanting to save for the kids college or get through higher education yourself, single parents, disabled husbands - mine died when my youngest was 11 and before then -he had had zero expectations and no desire to be a sole provider and in the few times I was out of work because of being laid off or whatever, our marriage got very strained until I found another job.   I have adult daughters and it never crossed their minds they wouldn't work also while raising their families.  My son's wife quit her job when she had her second child and has no interest in ever going back to work.  My oldest daughter's husband has not held a 'real' job since they got married - she's in the Navy and he cares for the kids and is an adjunct professor. (teaching a once a week night class).   No one judges or shames.   Who cares as long as it works for the people.   It is the judgy that gets me or thinking people need shamed for their adult life choices.   Or demands that everyone do as they do.   

 

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I’m cracking up at the idea that women who work are masculine and women who stay home are feminine. I’m honestly not that feminine and I stay at home ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
kittenesque
On 9/5/2019 at 5:16 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love to know what was really in all those weight loss and health “tonics” that were advertised in papers back in the 1800 and early 1900s. 

It was cocaine 😂

https://m.ranker.com/list/products-that-used-cocaine/melissa-brinks

Edit: sorry didn’t see that several others  had already made similar comments.

Edited by kittenesque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaluce
14 hours ago, Firefury14620 said:

I very much liked the fashion of the '50s, and my clothing style now is based heavily on it, but I don't think that the trademark of the '50s should be women being homemakers when that wasn't the case at all. Obviously there were female homemakers but this was around the time that inflation started to get bad enough that households functioned better, especially with kids, on two incomes. There has started to be an attack on homemakers, at least where I live, but there's not an attack on femininity. I feel like when The Hunger Games and Divergent became popular all these traditional Christians were getting butthurt about gender roles being broken in popular culture for younger people. I want to stay at home, but I'm not going to shame anyone for wanting to go out and have a job because I don't think every woman was made to stay at home. I feel like, even though she says that she doesn't have anything against women who don't stay at home, she really does in the way that she talks about women with big careers being masculine and how she talks about masculine women as a bad thing. The first few videos were cool and I thought that they were at least entertaining to watch but her most recent videos have just been so cringy. Also, her Instagram is just straight up gross. It's like one of those moms who can't stop taking pictures of their kids but instead, it's taking pictures of her husband. I don't even know if her husband is totally on board with this whole thing. I hope that they're both happy, but I think that her laziness may end up biting both of them in the butt later on if it hasn't already. One time she said that her husband always wanted a wife who would stay home and I think that she just took advantage of him. I'm sorry if I seem passionate about this, I just hate that there are people like her that make traditional women look stupid and make homemakers look lazy because most homemakers and traditional women aren't lazy and contribute to society in meaningful ways. I'm currently in college as a Business Economics major so that I may be able to be a homemaker but also have some kind of business career online to help support my family. My boyfriend and I are thinking that, after college, we are going to get married and he supports me either way instead of having an expectation that I will stay at home. If I want to be a big balls career woman, he'll still be supportive and happy for me. Sorry for the long rant, I just have a lot to say about this.

No apologies needed! I feel the exact same way- I love vintage fashion (huge Edwardian up to 50s fan here!) and when my husband and I have kids, I want to stay home. Well- not super sure, as I'm very torn. My job is great and I love it's challenges but my favorite parts of my childhood was when my mom stayed home instead of working. Anywho-

`I feel like, even though she says that she doesn't have anything against women who don't stay at home, she really does in the way that she talks about women with big careers being masculine and how she talks about masculine women as a bad thing.` THIS THIS THIS. I work in a male dominated field (tech) and I've never been made to feel bad except by women who in a roundabout way say "Do whatever you want, but your family will suffer if you work outside the home so you should feel bad". My friends have never been unsupportive of my idea of being a stay at home mom- they love it!  But it's just like women/people like her believe that any other choice someone makes is an attack on them. Ooof it appears I also have a lot to say haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firefury14620
On 9/10/2019 at 10:30 AM, kaluce said:

No apologies needed! I feel the exact same way- I love vintage fashion (huge Edwardian up to 50s fan here!) and when my husband and I have kids, I want to stay home. Well- not super sure, as I'm very torn. My job is great and I love it's challenges but my favorite parts of my childhood was when my mom stayed home instead of working. Anywho-

`I feel like, even though she says that she doesn't have anything against women who don't stay at home, she really does in the way that she talks about women with big careers being masculine and how she talks about masculine women as a bad thing.` THIS THIS THIS. I work in a male dominated field (tech) and I've never been made to feel bad except by women who in a roundabout way say "Do whatever you want, but your family will suffer if you work outside the home so you should feel bad". My friends have never been unsupportive of my idea of being a stay at home mom- they love it!  But it's just like women/people like her believe that any other choice someone makes is an attack on them. Ooof it appears I also have a lot to say haha

I'm in college studying to go into business, so I'm going into what would be called a pretty masculine career as well. Even once I stay at home, I might be able to have a business career online because that's becoming very common nowadays. I've always been a relatively masculine woman, that's just who I am, but I still can be feminine. I love building and technology and male-dominated video games, that could be considered masculine. My favorite subject in school has always been math and I took engineering classes in high school, that could be considered masculine. I have literally zero female friends, that could be considered masculine. Despite that, I also love cooking, cleaning, children, makeup, etc. She seems to think that you can't have masculine qualities to be feminine. Why can't I just have both? What's wrong with that? I love the way that I am, and I don't see anything wrong with a mix of masculinity and femininity. Moral of the story, she needs to have a more open mind and actually accept that most women don't and can't fit into her idea of perfect femininity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Missindependent

She used to post on Reddit and said her mom was against her marrying her now husband and said he was evil. She seems to have some mommy issues and maybe that’s why she favors men. 

9D155721-3891-4485-818C-BAAE7DCFDF64.jpeg

She is also on LinkedIn as a marketing manager. This is her current position . Why doesn’t she ever mention that she is an independent contractor ? Is the full housewife thing an act. She lurks on redpill reddit and is obsessed with men approving of her so I wouldn’t be surprised if she acts this way to be more popular with men. 

E2AE9427-87A0-432F-8B28-208B55027CEF.jpeg

Edited by Missindependent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.