IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some trauma in her history. It seems like a common theme amongst people who cling to extremist ideologies. They feel a sense of control and like you said safety after feeling powerless and unsafe. I can relate to that feeling after trauma but thankfully I never clung to extremist beliefs because of it. I suppose if I had been approached at my most vulnerable, I might have been sucked in my some extreme beliefs. It’s no secret that cults prey on people at their most vulnerable. Which is often when they have experienced something traumatic. 

She's alluded to anxiety in the past, as well. I guess I can relate because much of the appeal of being a stay-at-home-wife for me back in my early twenties was that I would get to avoid stressful situations, to a certain extent. I have depression, and it was more appealing to get to make my own schedule than have to go out and abide by someone else's. Certainly, it can be a lifestyle with fewer unpredictable interactions (with co-workers or clients, for example) and less pressure such as bosses and deadlines. She really likes to focus on "slow living," which makes me think that it helps her anxiety to live in a way that's somewhat apart from the daily grind and in a more isolated manner. Unfortunately, having children isn't as amenable to this "slow, peaceful living" idea, to say the least.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

23 hours ago, mymelody said:

When I was a kid me and my brother swapped clothes for fun, he wore my dress and i wore his jeans and t shirt, he got laughed at by my neighbours then he ran back inside crying, I was not made fun of.  Not saying discrimination can't happen to woman wearing male/masculine clothing of course that happens (caitlin discriminates against them all the time).

I have noticed a double standard myself .  Even though , of course YMMV , I remember this one supposive girl whom might have actually been a transboy , from when I still attended the Nazarene church .  The person in question would wear boys clothing , have her hair cut like a boy , and even play on the boys side , when we lined up to play volleyball . Yet it was simply brushed off as being tomboyishness .  Now if a boy were to have worn girls clothing , had hair girlishly long , and chose to play along side the girls , I don't expect that it would have gone over nearly as well .  

• I Agree 3

No one gave a single shit that I wore a lot of boy clothing growing up (I still do wear some men’s clothing). But if my stepbrother wore a skirt, I’m sure those same people would have had a fit.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Okay, she did a video on "toxic relationships." She had to "leave and heal" from a toxic relationship in her life. She stresses this could be any kind of relationship. Anywhoo, here is what I've gleaned as I hot oil my hair:

1. She mentions "parent/child relationships" quite a bit. She even uses the example and notes "even if this person is your mother." She notes that sometimes parents can hold finances over your head. This, combined with her lack of her parents showing up on her Instagram, leads me to believe that she has some kind of issues with her parents. (She seems to see Husbear's parents a fair amount, from what I can tell).

2. Her advice is excellent. I mean, no snark there. She really gives great advice about toxic relationships, which leads me to believe that she's been in some kind of professional counseling for whatever her issue is. But, still, I give her serious props for this video. Don't get me wrong, she's still herself, but this is probably the best one I've seen. I think it's because she's being very raw and authentic. Go figure.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

4 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Okay, she did a video on "toxic relationships." She had to "leave and heal" from a toxic relationship in her life. She stresses this could be any kind of relationship. Anywhoo, here is what I've gleaned as I hot oil my hair:

1. She mentions "parent/child relationships" quite a bit. She even uses the example and notes "even if this person is your mother." She notes that sometimes parents can hold finances over your head. This, combined with her lack of her parents showing up on her Instagram, leads me to believe that she has some kind of issues with her parents. (She seems to see Husbear's parents a fair amount, from what I can tell).

2. Her advice is excellent. I mean, no snark there. She really gives great advice about toxic relationships, which leads me to believe that she's been in some kind of professional counseling for whatever her issue is. But, still, I give her serious props for this video. Don't get me wrong, she's still herself, but this is probably the best one I've seen. I think it's because she's being very raw and authentic. Go figure.

When she’s not pandering to the red pill crowd she actually has good advice? Well that’s sad as hell. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When she’s not pandering to the red pill crowd she actually has good advice? Well that’s sad as hell. 

She really does. I think the more authentic she keeps it, and the less she's flirting with Red Pill guys, the better off she's going to be. She came off as likable and kind in this video, like she'd listen to your problem and give you some good advice and encouragement.

It's really sort of weird, to be honest. And yes, sad. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 5

Okay, my last one tonight. I'm finally going to watch this interview with Caitlin and this Yogi guy. So, without further ado, "The Art of Femininity, With Feminine Homemaker Caitlin Ann Huber." This is a long, wild ride, so get your favorite beverage and buckle up. Mercifully, the running comments have been disabled.

PART I: In which Caitlin discusses her background and how she stumbled into Never Never Land:

Spoiler

1. Yogi found Caitlin after she followed him on Instagram. He went to her blog and liked that she emphasized being more feminine and taking up feminine crafts. Ole Yogi here is trying to take up more masculine hobbies, like chopping wood. Anywhoo, he feels that this current generation is longing to live in a more traditional way. 

2. Caitlin grew up in a small community of Dutch immigrants and their descendants. People spoke Dutch and she didn't realize that blonde wasn't the most common hair color until she was in third grade. She emphasizes it was a Christian community. She went to Christians schools and college, which is why she ended up in Michigan. She's an American citizen, but grew up in Canada. She met her husband at college and they married in 2017.

3. She lived in a small town and there weren't a lot of marketing jobs, so she worked from home. Then that dried up and she started her blog. Staying at home was a joint decision between her and her husband. She was thrilled. He grew up outside of Detroit. They wanted to live in a small, traditional community. Her friends all have babies. 

5. Yogi asks how she got into this type of lifestyle. She says "I was thinking about this...how do women discover the Red Pill." She explains that it's unusual to meet a woman who is curious about it or "open to it."  She was traditional growing up, and her mother wanted her to "look nicer" and be "more feminine." She thinks that was helpful, because it told her it was great to be feminine. Same with marrying young.

6. She felt like she still got feminist messages even though she went to a Christian college. There were professors teaching gender studies there. It tricked her into thinking she needed a career, but after the marketing jobs petered out, she got into traditional ways of living. She also says that about ten years ago, she wanted to lose ten pounds. So she looked for motivation and she discovered Return of Kings. (ewwwwwwwwwwwww), which showed that women gained weight and destroyed their looks. So Return of Kings demanded a higher standard. She then went down the rabbit hole into youtube, reddit, etc. She also got curious about MGTOW and hearing their horrible stories about women who hurt them.

7. She got into femininity because she decided that it was the opposite of masculinity. So she researches it and found a bunch of stuff for trans individuals, and that was "disturbing to her." Femininity means nurturing the relationships in your life. Home, body, crafts cooking. Learning to create with your hands and create a space. Being disciplined. Exercise. Apologize to your husband. Arwen, from the Lord of the Rings, is her exemplar of femininity. 

PART II: In which Caitlin discusses homemaking and femininity:

Spoiler

8. Yogi emphasizes her point about discipline. He thinks that modern women are "undisciplined kids" with a lot of energy. Young, modern girls who aren't trying to feminine have really dirty homes. He thinks there's a genetic component to cleaning. Caitlin chimes in, because "she has nothing to lose, she doesn't work, she can say what she wants" She says cleaning and nesting is more feminine. She brings up caveman. "I'll make your cave nice and you can bring me meat." Yogi tells everyone that he thinks that cleaning is genetic in women. He has a lot of clutter. He just can't help it! (Maybe like an undisciplined child; I dunno, I don't have any clutter).

9. She talks about self-denial and there's some Jesus talk. She says she struggled with laziness for a long time, but she got convicted because the Bible says to deny yourself. With femininity, it's about denying yourself things you want. You don't want attention from other men or to shop a whole bunch. Yogi says that's really relatable.

10. Yogi asks about an average day. Caitlin says that she has a lot of friends that work who wish they could live her life. A lot of women want to be at home. When she and Grant were dating, they knew when they had kids they wanted her to be at home, so she just started early. When she started being a SAHW, she was recovering from some difficulties with her family. She tends to her house and listens to podcasts. 

11. Caitlin cooks. She makes her own bread and crackers. Processed food will not come into her home, but this comes from a more frugal point of view vs. a crunchy granola viewpoint. She talks about thrifting and being frugal. Her hobbies include making bread, art, playing piano, sewing, budgeting, painting, reading, walking her dog. She's reading a book about skincare (because women's skin ages faster than men). They talk about bread for a long time. 

12. Someone gives a Superchat of five bucks or so. The person comments that Caitlin is entrepreneurial and far more productive than any "college ed feminist." 

PART III: Submission. You knew we were going there and now we're here.

Spoiler

13. Yogi asks about "respecting your husband." Then he backtracks and says "about the relationship with your husband." Caitlin answers that she vowed to submit to her husband and follow his lead n her wedding vows. She says that relationships work better when you know who is in charge. She brings up the Red Pill "Captain and First Mate" stuff. She says she and her husband don't have problems because there's just this understanding between them. Caitlin does all the chores. She talks about apologizing to her husband. She says that if you're thinking about marrying someone, it's important to have someone who takes responsibility and apologizes. She apologizes more than him because she's more emotional. She brings up being a helpmeet and bringing value to your husband's life. Don't be a burden, don't be a financial burden. Don't blabber at him, let him talk, be gentle, serve him. If you do that, "that man will do anything for you." 

14. Yogi (somewhat puzzlingly) asks if Caitlin feels she has "all the rights she needs". Caitlin says she's completely satisfied with her life. She and her friends are focused on their families. She says people get caught up with material stuff and traveling, and people should slow it down and live a simple life without spending a lot of money. She is thankful for her day-to-day life and doesn't want to be in a office just to go to the Bahamas once a year. When she has kids, she'll have more responsibilities, and Husbear may have to help out in that case. She wants to develop her character before having children.

15. Yogi brings up that submitting to your husband prevents problems. He asks about problems with Caitlin's more egalitarian peers. Caitlin says submitting to her husband doesn't come up that often. She says "those girls" push back and argue and there's more conflict. Yogi brings up that this feels more natural and that a woman should "be a little more submissive." If a woman "starts imposing her views and being demanding," which is more common with modern feminists, the man becomes less masculine and then women get attracted to "soy boys." 

16. Yogi asks about Caitlin's advice to young girls today. Caitlin had a mindset that there is a future husband out there for her. She recommends having a forward mentality and not live in the moment. Think ahead. Don't force it with the wrong guy, if "someone is going to be cruel to you or be beta." Caitlin follows "perfect" homemakers who are Russian and live in California. She only follows aspirational people on Instagram. She recommends picking up crafts like sewing and cooking, which will make you more marketable on the dating scene.

17. Yogi pipes in that more feminine women are better girlfriend and wife material. He asks Caitlin what she looks for in a guy who is husband-material. (Weird to ask a married woman that, my dude). Caitlin only dated people who were into marriage. She recommends not zeroing in on the popular "Chads" who have a lot of options. Don't date someone "low quality." Don't date a beta, that's not helpful. Her previous boyfriend was beta and it brought out her worst qualities because she could walk all over him. The first thing Husbear asked Caitlin was if her hair color was natural. She was like "this guy doesn't care about my feelings, and it's kind of refreshing." Husbear was a leader. She says they were in Israel and "it's kinda dangerous there" and he was just leading people through the town. She recommends dating someone with a moral code. 

18. Yogi brings up that this is the first time he's heard a woman talk about how hard it is to date a beta male. He had no idea that beta's allowed women to walk all over them. "Women love it when men put them in their place." Caitlin responds "yeah." "But," Yogi continues, "not like locked up in a Mason jar." Caitlin laughs. Yogi continues, "yeah, isn't that weird, that's a vision I had."  Women love to be called out, even feminists, they are innately rammed to listen to the man. Feminimsm is "a mask."

Part IV: In which Caitlin discusses men and what makes them dateable:

Spoiler

19. Yogi asks about what red flags would make a guy undateable. Caitlin says she's never dated anybody who was "super, super attractive." (Yeeouch). She said Husbear is only a few inches taller than her, but he has a great personality. She says it's a red flag if a guy doesn't have friends. Caitlin says to look at past relationships and how they treat other women, including their sisters and families. Look at how men spend their money (not that little old you need to be involved in finances). If you want children, look at how they react to kids. But this isn't always the case and sometimes it's superficial. She says be careful to look at how women spend money, because women like to shop a lot. Her mother spent a lot of money and that skewed Caitlin's attitude towards it. 

20. Yogi brings up Roosh. Yogi thinks he's hilarious and says "most men today are doing things that are kind of gay" (e.g. grooming) because women are looking for an attractive guy who Instagram. Caitlin talks about looking for men who are less attractive. She feels that women are looking for men who are hot for the social media. Caitlin wanted a "shorter guy" and she didn't care about hair color, but that worked out because Husbear is bald. Caitlin thinks looks are more important than personality. Health is also important, just be healthy and groom yourself. Wear decent clothes. Husbear has never worn a skinny jean in his entire life. Yogi butts in and says that attractive is more primal and that women who are on birth control and "eating bad foods with residues of Monsanto's products in them" aren't in tune with what they're naturally attracted to and their true sexuality. Yogi's view of what women are attractive has changed since he "became more connected to a different type of reality." Yogi talks about how Caitlin is in touch with nature because she is feminine.

21. Yogi asks about future goals. Caitlin is trying to grow her Instagram to reach women. She says her message is "intense" for women, so she likes to pad it with videos about skin care and the like. Caitlin has heard about youtubers whose whole audience is male, so Caitlin is trying to reach out to women. She wants to do more mentoring in person through her church. She's considered all sorts of things. Caitlin's not out to make money, she just thinks her message is important and its one she wishes she'd heard at seventeen, even though she was raised traditionally.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

He thinks there's a genetic component to cleaning.

I think I just snort laughed way too loudly. Of course he does. But because it's on the X-chromosome we all have it!  ;)

Anywhoo, he feels that this current generation is longing to live in a more traditional way. 

Maybe he could start with... getting off the internet? Just a thought here.

She brings up caveman. "I'll make your cave nice and you can bring me meat."

Yeah hunter/gatherers is the correct term here, and gatherers actually bring in more protein, at least based on the studies I've seen of traditional diets. Get off your arse and find some lizards in the forest Caitlin! Go harvest the wild grains!

the Bible says to deny yourself. With femininity, it's about denying yourself things you want.

WTAF? Yeah nah, and I really am using that in the "I read your argument and you are a complete idiot with no clue whatsoever" sense.

When she has kids, she'll have more responsibilities, and Husbear may have to help out in that case. She wants to develop her character before having children.

Oh dear Lord. No really, Oh. Dear. Lord. Please do not have children, or at least give it another 5 years. "May have to help out" - she really does not appear to have a lot of experience with newborns, or children for that matter. 

Caitlin's not out to make money, she just thinks her message is important and its one she wishes she'd heard at seventeen, even though she was raised traditionally.

Oh Lord (again). I really hope she continues to attract only male viewers because her "message" is quite toxic. (I also kind of hope her male viewers dump her as she ages.)

Caitlin says to look at past relationships and how they treat other women, including their sisters and families. 

And that would be the one good piece of advice in there. I would extend it to how they talk about/to women who aren't there, or who they regard as less equal or unattractive to themselves. Because how they are talking about those women is how they will talk about you.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

17 “This guy doesn’t care about my feelings and it’s kind of refreshing.”

Wow. That one’s going to come back and bite her in the ass eventually!

Edited by Giraffe
Bite, not kick
  • I Agree 23

This interview really solidified to me that, despite trying to hide it, she is up to her neck in Red Pill thinking.

Also, that her more mundane videos are deliberate attempts to obfuscate her actual, more problematic, message. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Isn’t it interesting that Cait says all her friends have children but she doesn’t? She wants to develop her character before having children? Hahahaha! Good one Cait. Just admit it. You know kids are a shit ton of work and you just don’t want to deal with that right now. You want to focus on yourself. You want to sleep all night and take naps. You want to be able to make your videos without interruption. You want to fold laundry and listen to the birds chirp instead of your baby crying. Plus she will gain weight while pregnant and she seems incredibly superficial so that will likely bother her. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

11 minutes ago, kaluce said:

Holy moly this is absolutely tone deaf and awful. A funeral ootd? How self obsessed. 

E7DFF4D5-E1C2-4970-8BE2-182EEC2C7FFD.png

What? I always take a selfie to post right before I go to a funeral. Everyone needs to know what I wear when I’m mourning the death of a loved one. ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

I’m reminded of the photo of the Duggars grinning maniacally at Jubilee’s funeral.

• Upvote 1

This Yogioabs guy is full of shit like a Christmas turkey. Holy cow. How Caitlin squares her religious beliefs with this...this...is beyond me.

A man will walk away when he is truly bored. Or, he will die a slow and painful death, and you will be miserable in the process. You are not a queen. You are most likely just a normal, “basic bitch” with little to nothing to really offer a man. Can you cook? Can you make his day better? Can you massage his feet? Will you give him oral when he comes home? Where does your value truly come from? This is a question fempowerment has ignored, because they have mistakenly believed that all women are beautiful goddesses who deserve everything under the sun.

But despite the hundreds if not thousands of matches you get on Tinder, if you are not submissive and feminine non-sexually as well as sexually, men will only be interested in using you as a cumdumpster.

Modern women detest the idea of being submissive, except when they’re riding the cock carousel, where there is nothing but fun and a lack of responsibility–as well as STD’s–because they don’t care about anything but themselves! Why do you think these women wear dresses, go to clubs, have their friend take a picture of them, and then post it to their Instagram? It’s all a ploy to get more and more attention for the self, rather than for the benefit of her future man.

https://yogioabs.com/2019/10/25/how-to-be-more-submissive-to-your-man/

• Disgust 8
  • WTF 5

@ViolaSebastian, that was such an amazing and accurate summary of the video interview between Yogi and Caitlin. It was like watching it all over again. I remember listening to it while working, and I do particularly remember that comment of hers that there is no point in working all year just to go to the Bahamas once a year. Travel is one of my motivations to work since I don't have kids, so I felt that one on a boring day of data entry.

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This Yogioabs guy is full of shit like a Christmas turkey. Holy cow. How Caitlin squares her religious beliefs with this...this...is beyond me.

https://yogioabs.com/2019/10/25/how-to-be-more-submissive-to-your-man/

What these people don't understand is that there a wide variety of tastes. Sure, some guys like women to be submissive and others do not. Some men like when the woman makes them their entire world, and others are repulsed by that. My first serious boyfriend loved women who are independent and have their own interests and career passions, and actually had a great relationship with the girl he dated after me because she was just that (and I wasn't). And me, the two men I married are the types who like when the woman makes them a priority (I'm on the clingy side, but it's just a personality trait, NOT because that's how all women should be!). No matter what a woman is like, there is someone out there who wants just that. That's what folks like Yogi and Cait don't seem to understand.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Isn’t it interesting that Cait says all her friends have children but she doesn’t? She wants to develop her character before having children? Hahahaha! Good one Cait. Just admit it. You know kids are a shit ton of work and you just don’t want to deal with that right now. You want to focus on yourself. You want to sleep all night and take naps. You want to be able to make your videos without interruption. You want to fold laundry and listen to the birds chirp instead of your baby crying. Plus she will gain weight while pregnant and she seems incredibly superficial so that will likely bother her. 

Yep, she will not be having kids any time soon. It will be interesting to see when she does, if she ever does. I don't have kids for some of the above reasons, but I've always been honest to myself about it and to my husband. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Yogioabs is SO SICKENING to me -- I can barely even read the summaries on his videos. His beliefs are repulsive. I can't even believe any woman would do a collaboration with him. How did Caitlin find out about him and then consciously decide to follow him on social media? Why does Caitlin do collaborations with him? What happened in her life that she wants attention from him and his followers? The only reason I can think of is that she is a narcissist and will take any attention she can get.

ALso, I'm curious about what is her husband like, and what he thinks about all this? Is he in agreement? Does he like his wife being the poster-woman for red-pillers?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Yogioabs is SO SICKENING to me -- I can barely even read the summaries on his videos. His beliefs are repulsive. I can't even believe any woman would do a collaboration with him. How did Caitlin find out about him and then consciously decide to follow him on social media? Why does Caitlin do collaborations with him? What happened in her life that she wants attention from him and his followers? The only reason I can think of is that she is a narcissist and will take any attention she can get.

ALso, I'm curious about what is her husband like, and what he thinks about all this? Is he in agreement? Does he like his wife being the poster-woman for red-pillers?

He really is repulsive. I started watching his video on submission (recap forthcoming) and wow. He claims that a woman left a comment on his post about submission that she used to hit her boyfriend until he showed her who was boss and threatened to hit her back. Then she submitted to his authority and she's happier. I won't even get into how messed up that little story is from start to freaking finish*, but suffice it to say, he's vile. I've never in my life, as crude, secular, profane, and feminist as I am, used the word "cumdumpster" to describe anyone. And I'm not out there declaring how much I love Jesus. 

Honestly, for all we speculate on the antecedents to her choosing this lifestyle, the bottom line is that she was vulnerable, probably from a dysfunctional or possibly abuse relationship with a close family member. She had low self-esteem (she discusses this in a video) and was trying to lose weight--the timing of which lines up with her engagement. (And it's common for women to want to lose weight prior to their wedding). She's looking for motivation and runs into fucking Roosh, of all the people in the world, and it trips a trigger of some kind for her.

I would love to know what Grant thinks of all this. I think it's possible that he adores being doted on, but is possibly uncomfortable with the spotlight it shines on their lives. When he appears on videos and Instagram, he seems less-than-thrilled about it. He works with the public as an authority figure, and I personally would worry immensely about her growing social media presence with this message somehow affecting his work. To be clear, I DO NOT advocate for any kind of vigilantism in this regard, as the man has a right to support himself and his family. It would just concern me. 

*And yes, her abuse of him is incredibly wrong, to be clear.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

26 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

He really is repulsive. I started watching his video on submission (recap forthcoming) and wow. He claims that a woman left a comment on his post about submission that she used to hit her boyfriend until he showed her who was boss and threatened to hit her back. Then she submitted to his authority and she's happier. I won't even get into how messed up that little story is from start to freaking finish*, but suffice it to say, he's vile. I've never in my life, as crude, secular, profane, and feminist as I am, used the word "cumdumpster" to describe anyone. And I'm not out there declaring how much I love Jesus. 

Honestly, for all we speculate on the antecedents to her choosing this lifestyle, the bottom line is that she was vulnerable, probably from a dysfunctional or possibly abuse relationship with a close family member. She had low self-esteem (she discusses this in a video) and was trying to lose weight--the timing of which lines up with her engagement. (And it's common for women to want to lose weight prior to their wedding). She's looking for motivation and runs into fucking Roosh, of all the people in the world, and it trips a trigger of some kind for her.

I would love to know what Grant thinks of all this. I think it's possible that he adores being doted on, but is possibly uncomfortable with the spotlight it shines on their lives. When he appears on videos and Instagram, he seems less-than-thrilled about it. He works with the public as an authority figure, and I personally would worry immensely about her growing social media presence with this message somehow affecting his work. To be clear, I DO NOT advocate for any kind of vigilantism in this regard, as the man has a right to support himself and his family. It would just concern me. 

*And yes, her abuse of him is incredibly wrong, to be clear.

I'm wondering if Grant got her into this thinking. Her mom disliked him from the beginning, and from her old reddit posts, didn't seem to be the hyper, redpill-feminine , supportive to the point of extreme self denial type of women Caitlin wants to be. Her old twitter doesn't show any type of hint to these redpilled opinions and she stopped posting there right when it seems like Grant and her got serious. 

Just speculation, but I can't imagine someone could be with a partner with beliefs this extreme without somewhat agreeing with them if not outright supporting them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

26 minutes ago, kaluce said:

I'm wondering if Grant got her into this thinking. Her mom disliked him from the beginning, and from her old reddit posts, didn't seem to be the hyper, redpill-feminine , supportive to the point of extreme self denial type of women Caitlin wants to be. Her old twitter doesn't show any type of hint to these redpilled opinions and she stopped posting there right when it seems like Grant and her got serious. 

Just speculation, but I can't imagine someone could be with a partner with beliefs this extreme without somewhat agreeing with them if not outright supporting them. 

I'd love for her to do a video on Grant's point of view on all this. So much of her message rides on finding a man that will support you staying home and doing the Red-Pill-women-thing. It's not enough to just get women to buy into it, men have to buy into it too to make this idea functional. I would venture to say that the majority of men out there expect to have partner who works, at the very least until children come into the picture, if not beyond that. I think my boyfriend would think I'd hit my head if I started talking about staying home and beta males and skin care. 

It seems as though most of these Red Pill men are unmarried and not in long-term relationships. So it's a bit strange that they emphasize this traditional viewpoint and how they want women to be traditional and feminine, but they won't take the step to support a woman in staying-at-home and doing feminine crafts and whatnot. It's sort of a hole in their worldview, in a way. I mean, without men to provide and financial support this idea, women are going to have to work to support themselves. So in a way, they don't believe their own bullshit. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, Giraffe said:

17 “This guy doesn’t care about my feelings and it’s kind of refreshing.”

Wow. That one’s going to come back and bite her in the ass eventually!

Well that could be what her mom is not happy about.  I would guess that the red pill nonsense is ? Catlin and like patriarchy is wife driven. My husband would seriously say what the fuck is wrong with you if I acted that badly.  I hope she beats the odds.  I really do.  But she needs to grow up fast.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

It seems as though most of these Red Pill men are unmarried and not in long-term relationships. So it's a bit strange that they emphasize this traditional viewpoint and how they want women to be traditional and feminine, but they won't take the step to support a woman in staying-at-home and doing feminine crafts and whatnot. It's sort of a hole in their worldview, in a way. I mean, without men to provide and financial support this idea, women are going to have to work to support themselves. So in a way, they don't believe their own bullshit. 

Now that you bring this up, this is something that has confused me about their philosophy ever since I discovered the insane world of MGTOW and red pills about a year ago. They claim to want a traditional woman who stays home, but they complain a LOT about hypergamy (the idea that women marry the wealthiest man they can find). Indeed, if they want to stay home they would HAVE to find someone who can afford for them to. Yogioabs is one of the few who doesn't condemn hypergamy, but rather accepts it as the way it is naturally. He seems he'd be willing to fully support a woman, but poor woman, whoever ends up with him! She would have to submit to all kinds of things and never question him! There are still many men out there who would still support a woman financially and not demand so much, and still might even help out with chores!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, savannahhmarie said:

Now that you bring this up, this is something that has confused me about their philosophy ever since I discovered the insane world of MGTOW and red pills about a year ago. They claim to want a traditional woman who stays home, but they complain a LOT about hypergamy (the idea that women marry the wealthiest man they can find). Indeed, if they want to stay home they would HAVE to find someone who can afford for them to. Yogioabs is one of the few who doesn't condemn hypergamy, but rather accepts it as the way it is naturally. He seems he'd be willing to fully support a woman, but poor woman, whoever ends up with him! She would have to submit to all kinds of things and never question him! There are still many men out there who would still support a woman financially and not demand so much, and still might even help out with chores!

If I have to defer to a man in everything, serve him constantly, be subject to his moods and whims, and depend on him for absolutely everything, I’m sure as hell going to want to pick who it is. I guess for me, hypergamy in the Red Pill sphere would simply be trying to find a man who can provide and rule his household without being a tyrant. If my entire being and existence (and any children that may come along in this) is dependent and focused on one person, you bet your butt I’m going to shop around. 

Even if we go old-school and have fathers picking husbands for their daughters, they’re still (assuming they care for their daughter) going to choose the same things. Material wealth, even temperament, someone with a steady job and a future. Someone who isn’t going to beat his daughter up or come home drunk every night. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 7

Caitlin's videos have a rotten core, so she knowingly sugarcoats everything (I see through your little flower emoji at the end of every tweet, Caitlin!) I want more background information. Until further notice, I think her mom is not nearly as bad as Caitlin has made her out to be. I don't know anything about her, but it would make so much sense if Grant led her down this redpill path and her mom was against that. It honestly must be hard for her to have Caitlin as a daughter. 

Also, my speculation is that someday, people are going to wakeup to Caitlin's superficiality. Someone will eventually be able to expose her and the tea will be spilled. Just like the James Charles YouTube drama that happened. Of course I do want her wake up from this toxic dreamlife she's living that is doing laundry, shopping, cleaning, and cooking for her "husbear" and all her romanticization of "s l o w   l i v i n g." But, realistically, I just don't see that happening. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic