IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

4 hours ago, savannahhmarie said:

'm 35 and for some reason I'm still feeling vulnerable to this. I hate that. I want to be at a more emotionally stable place like you. Do you guys work and go 50/50 on bills and stuff? How do you feel okay with it with all the new red pill stuff that's coming out? Maybe I'm feeling this way because I always resented working but always tried to suppress it because I thought it was wrong to feel that way, but now with this new movement I have really been feeling like cr** and doubting myself. :( This group is helping me re-center myself. It's not bad for women to work and it doesn't mean I wasn't smart enough to "cash in" on youth as all these red-pillers like to say. :(

I’ve been a SAHM for 7 years now. I left my job right before I gave birth to my oldest. My husband and I got married 10 years ago. I’m absolutely not pretty. That’s not me being modest. I’m just not what our culture says is good looking. But I somehow managed to snatch up a man who can support a family on one income while not being pretty at all! We aren’t wealthy though. I’m super cheap actually, lol. Oh and I’m not “feminine” either. I was considered a bit of a tomboy growing up. I’m also an agnostic liberal feminist.

Basically I’m nothing like this Mrs Midwest yet our current vocations are very similar. I think this is what really irks me. I don’t want to be lumped in with a person like her. It’s MY choice to stay home. It just made sense when we had kids. I will go back to work one day. Most likely part time. I don’t stay home to make some stupid statement. I’m doing what I think works for our family. Feminists aren’t against women staying home. I’ve never met a fellow feminist who looks down on me for choosing to stay home. These tradwife asses convince themselves that feminists are the problem. When they need to look at themselves to find the real problem.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 9

Mrs. Midwest and her ilk are selling the illusion that if you play your cards right you will be exempt from being accountable at work, from enduring job interviews and office politics, from the crushing 2pm fatigue when all you want to do is take a nap but still have at least a couple of hours to presumably be productive. You will be free from performance evaluations and annoying clients/parents/coworkers. Best of all, you will be free of the nagging fear of losing your job because your not being homeless depends on it. You will be queen of your domain, no strings attached, no annual performance reviews, and all you have to do is keep the house reasonably clean and yourself unreasonably pretty, after you find the right “good man” of course.

Relying on yourself rather than on “a good man” is a scary, scary thoughts. Those social media ghouls live on peoples’ fears and hopes to be taken care of and pretend this entire pesky business of being an adult doesn’t apply to them.  

Edited by AuntCloud
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

21 minutes ago, AuntCloud said:

Mrs. Midwest and her ilk are selling the illusion that if you play your cards right you will be exempt from being accountable at work, from enduring job interviews and office politics, from the crushing 2pm fatigue when all you want to do is take a nap but still have at least a couple of hours to presumably be productive. You will be free from performance evaluations and annoying clients/parents/coworkers. Best of all, you will be free of the nagging fear of losing your job because your not being homeless depends on it. You will be queen of your domain, no strings attached, no annual performance reviews, and all you have to do is keep the house reasonably clean and yourself unreasonably pretty, after you find the right “good man” of course.

Relying on yourself rather than on “a good man” is a scary, scary thoughts. Those social media ghouls live on peoples’ fears and hopes to be taken care of and pretend this entire pesky business of being an adult doesn’t apply to them.  

Which just boggles my mind. Because I know in the back of my mind that if my marriage ends in divorce, I can go back to work. I have an education and past work experience. I can get a decent paying job and could support myself and my kids. So I wouldn’t feel “stuck” in a marriage due to finances. I think it would be much scarier if I didn’t have that. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

56 minutes ago, AuntCloud said:

I didn’t realize that this was everything I needed to hear. Thank you- I couldn’t agree more and honestly this has summed up my thoughts too well. 

Edited by kaluce
Grammar
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 7

As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve been down the SAHW path before and got badly burned by it. Unfortunately, finances can be used to control a significant other, and it certainly was in my case. I had zero freedom to even buy a tune of lipstick or an ice cream cone. It was miserable. When I finally left him, I had a wardrobe that was ten years out of date because I never bought anything new and a car that hadn’t had an oil change in a year and a half. And that may seem like small things, but it represented that I had no control over my life. At all. 

Staying at home can be a great decision for a family, provided that finances, transportation, etc. are split fairly. After my experience, I’ve determined I’ll never be in a situation where I have to beg for things or experiences. After ten years of that, I cannot even describe how beautiful the freedom is. Even silly things like paying my own internet bill is fulfilling. Because it means I’m living my own life on my own terms. I won’t ever give that up again. 

I would be terrified if my 14-year-old niece started spouting this sort of stuff off. There are plenty of lovely men out there, yes, but there are also plenty of Cam Mossers and Roosh Vs. At 19, 20, most young women don’t always have the discernment to delineate between traditional men and abusive ones. It’s not a good strategy—there are plenty of choices that aren’t going to a traditional college. But for heaven’s sake, learn to stand on your own feet before you commit to being at home. Have a way to extract yourself, if you must. 

My final point: my mother married my father before getting her degree. My father was an abusive, narcissistic person. Because she didn’t feel as though she could support herself and my brother and I, she stayed in that relationship for 15 years. Enough time to give us all C-PTSD. The moment she got her degree, she left him. But damn, do I wish every day she had had the means to support us earlier. Between that experience and my own, I just can’t have another person in charge of my well-being. Maybe that’s sad, but it’s the truth. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 15

7 hours ago, savannahhmarie said:

Life working from home is getting too stressful for Mrs. Midwest!

When Responsibilities Become Burdens

Awwww poor pookie!

I've been daydreaming of taking a day off just to fold laundry and listen to the birds chirp, far away from the Internet life I have built.

Laundry? Internet Life?    SMH

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Soulhuntress said:

Awwww poor pookie!

Laundry? Internet Life?    SMH

Just imagine how bad it’s going to be when she finally has a kid. It will be a real slap in the face. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

right now i am in my feelings so hope this doesn't come off as whiny. When Caitlin retweets on her twitter Stefan Molyneaux, a xenophobic bigot, saying things like women need to reproduce young, women age like milk. When Caitlin calls career women unfeminine (be it indirectly it still irritates me) I get so hurt and it reminds me of my mother who was pressured to marry my father at 19, she had her first child at 20. My grandmother told me my mother came over to stay for a couple weeks because my father was angry and hitting her, my father came back and sweet talked everyone until she was sent back. My mother WANTED an education, it hurts so bad for me to say it. She dreamed of going to university, instead she got married early and had 3 children, one after the other. My mother also wanted to work, have a job and life outside of family, I remember when I was a young child and she worked at the grocery store, that must've been the happiest I had ever seen her. She could finally have something that was hers. This was until my father told her she needs to quit and stay home with the children. My mother's smiling happy face soon started to fade away. She became increasingly depressed and getting hallucinations, which later I would find would be schizophrenia. My granfather (mother's side) would send my mother money to take care of herself and me and my siblings, my father was selfish and would make her sign the money off in cheques to him. He took everything from her then discarded her when she became mentally ill. Now they have divorced for 10 years, initiated of course by my father once he took all the life out of her. My mother disappeared 4 years ago and now lives with her abusive husband, I haven't seen my mother in 4 years, she thought there was no other option! do people not understand this, my mother had nothing, was given NO support to study, I am afraid if Caitlin has children, the children who watch her and if women who have children will treat their daughters like that, it pains me so much that education is not viewed as worth importance. I only saw like one video of Caitlin saying she thinks it can help if something happens to your husband but that was it. The other thing I heard was that you can get money from your husband if you divorce, not true, when my parents got divorced my father got custody of me and my siblings, he kept saying how my mum was ill and not fit to parent WHEN HE MADE HER THIS WAY by not letting her work or study, her parents too are to blame. Anyway my mother recieved no money from my father, we only got to see her 3 times a year(1 week in Easter and Christmas, 3 weeks in Summer) and my mother when she got treatement is the kindest person I know, now she is gone from my life since when she moved back to her parents they abused her about the divorce.

sorry about this long sad post 

• Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 21

So story time...  I totally saw this girl at Walmart once.  It was sometime during the winter last year.  I hate going to the store looking like a wreck. That day I had a terrible headache to start the day and then working at a daycare all day it progressed into a migraine.  I knew I looked rough but I just needed some Midol and so I was trying to make the trip quick.  This is so burned into my mind because we were in passing and she was all put together which nothing is wrong with that but what she did next just surprised me.  I get it we all notice when someone obviously looks a bit rough.  We all notice but the way she looked at me and you could see the gloat that overtook her face and she silently chuckled at me.  She was so proud of herself and looked so lowly at me.   It is so burned in my mind when the other day I came across her picture online and before I read her name(Mrs.Midwest) and googled where she is from I knew it was her.  Then I watched her videos and was like no freakin way.  I remember thinking to myself "I have never seen someone so pretty look so ugly." 

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 4

8 hours ago, Whisperingwind3409 said:

So story time...  I totally saw this girl at Walmart once.  It was sometime during the winter last year.  I hate going to the store looking like a wreck. That day I had a terrible headache to start the day and then working at a daycare all day it progressed into a migraine.  I knew I looked rough but I just needed some Midol and so I was trying to make the trip quick.  This is so burned into my mind because we were in passing and she was all put together which nothing is wrong with that but what she did next just surprised me.  I get it we all notice when someone obviously looks a bit rough.  We all notice but the way she looked at me and you could see the gloat that overtook her face and she silently chuckled at me.  She was so proud of herself and looked so lowly at me.   It is so burned in my mind when the other day I came across her picture online and before I read her name(Mrs.Midwest) and googled where she is from I knew it was her.  Then I watched her videos and was like no freakin way.  I remember thinking to myself "I have never seen someone so pretty look so ugly." 

Somehow, I am not surprised, she seems smug as all get out on the videos. She has that holier than thou attitude.

Cait really needs to watch this video on repeat until she gets it - 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Whisperingwind3409 said:

Wow, what a small world! She does seem like the type who would be that cruel in spite of playing sweet online. 

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Whisperingwind3409 said:

Ugh she's talked about how much she loves Walmart. I bet she just loves feeling so superior to everyone else that goes there. Who TF cares what they look like when they go there- it's always dirty and busy anyways? ?ITS WALMART, CAIT, NOT MICHAEL KORS.

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, kaluce said:

Ugh she's talked about how much she loves Walmart. I bet she just loves feeling so superior to everyone else that goes there. Who TF cares what they look like when they go there- it's always dirty and busy anyways? ?ITS WALMART, CAIT, NOT MICHAEL KORS.

She has a video in which she’s getting ready to go to Walmart. She wants to wear Crocs but decides not to. I think someone else mentioned it in this thread too. Nobody cares what you wear. ?

Speaking of fashion, her buddy Yogioabs  Reborn made a video on what women should wear. He briefly used Mrs Midwest in an example of the certain types of jeans you SHOULDN’T wear, lol. He says only very dark or very light is good. ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, kaluce said:

I fucking hate Walmart. And it’s not because of the customers or dirty floors. I haven’t been to Walmart in years because every single time I’ve gone in the past, I had to wait in the check out line for at least 20 minutes. Because there was one single lane open. And if you need to ask someone a question, there is literally never anyone around to ask. Because they are understaffed. Fuck Walmart. They suck. The actual customers and workers are fine. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I fucking hate Walmart. And it’s not because of the customers or dirty floors. I haven’t been to Walmart in years because every single time I’ve gone in the past, I had to wait in the check out line for at least 20 minutes. Because there was one single lane open. And if you need to ask someone a question, there is literally never anyone around to ask. Because they are understaffed. Fuck Walmart. They suck. The actual customers and workers are fine. 

I used to go to Walmart and Target for my toiletries, but now I just get everything through Amazon Prime. I hate those long lines too!

• Upvote 2

Okay, I know we just said we don’t care about what she wears, but I’m going to go BEC here and say “no thanks.”

564B2012-279B-4AE2-ADDE-4FBD4ABE7761.thumb.png.e69dc9636aa6116de199ab79f6133bb1.png

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They also treat their employees like garbage. I’ve heard so many Wal-Mart employee horror stories. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Okay, I know we just said we don’t care about what she wears, but I’m going to go BEC here and say “no thanks.”

564B2012-279B-4AE2-ADDE-4FBD4ABE7761.thumb.png.e69dc9636aa6116de199ab79f6133bb1.png

omg those are absolute trash. those can't be real. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, kaluce said:

omg those are absolute trash. those can't be real. 

She has an affiliate link if you want to get your hands on some. ???

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

She has an affiliate link if you want to get your hands on some. ???

The swipe up doesn't work. I need to know how much she paid for these abominations. I can't find anything similar on Amazon. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic