IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

7 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

Total BEC moment, but the way she applies her blush looks like a rash.?

I’m no makeup expert but I thought the same thing. It’s way too much blush. I don’t like her makeup at all. The eyebrows are too dark and fake looking. She is obviously a pretty girl. But she’s going rather clownish on her makeup at times. Her makeup has evolved over time and I think she should dial it back just a touch:

57A5D92D-B242-409E-880F-1694C46322BC.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

On 9/24/2019 at 5:50 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Then she makes bagels. She wants to know if you pronounce is BAY-GUL or BAG-UL. I have never heard anyone pronounce it the latter way.

That's a north-midwestern US thing is my experience. I'm a transplant to Minnesota and I know people who say "bag-ull". These same people also pronounce "vague" as "vag" instead of "vayg". Although, I would say it's more of a rural thing, where I live very few people say that and it's the folks from farther north with thicker accents that do.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Just now, Jencendiary said:

I'm not giving any more of these youtube morons my time or attention. We're making stupid people famous.

At the same time though , I sort of doubt that if we ignore them they'll all just fade away .  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Just now, Marmion said:

At the same time though , I sort of doubt that if we ignore them they'll all just fade away .  

I feel kind of the opposite way. For example - Paul and Morgan and Girl Defined were definitely on the downward slide before vloggers like Mr. Atheist started covering their content. Then people were hate-watching and snark watching, and because the Youtube metrics don't distinguish as to WHY you're viewing that content, they had a higher profile on the site and more engagement in comments (mostly shitty, some leg-humping) which makes them more attractive to advertisers. 

What you find on Youtube is that people who are trying to monetize their content so they can grift will wander off if their metrics go down. It's possible if they hadn't gotten the spotlight of atheist and fundamentalist-critical commentators, they might have just fucked off to get a real job. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jencendiary said:

I feel kind of the opposite way. For example - Paul and Morgan and Girl Defined were definitely on the downward slide before vloggers like Mr. Atheist started covering their content. Then people were hate-watching and snark watching, and because the Youtube metrics don't distinguish as to WHY you're viewing that content, they had a higher profile on the site and more engagement in comments (mostly shitty, some leg-humping) which makes them more attractive to advertisers. 

What you find on Youtube is that people who are trying to monetize their content so they can grift will wander off if their metrics go down. It's possible if they hadn't gotten the spotlight of atheist and fundamentalist-critical commentators, they might have just fucked off to get a real job. 

There's many ways to view content and snark on these people without contributing to views. It's likely that none of us (not sure, but definitely speaking for myself) don't have the reach that Mr. Atheist, Jaclyn Glenn, or others have. My 10~ posts on a forum aren't going to propel this crazy lady into stardom. Plus- if a commenter is critical and the subject or a fan finds that critique, perhaps their views will change. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Jencendiary said:

That’s why I never watch their videos directly on YouTube. I only watch the videos about them. Plus I can’t stand their voices for long periods. Just little clips on Mr Atheist are plenty! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

18 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

Ah yes, Yogioabs, the epitome of masculine men.  Oh wait...

In western culture this might be considered effeminate , but in eastern cultures there is a long rich history of hairstyles ranging from the chonmage  , to the sikha  , and even the joora .  All I will say about the last example is that at least they are egalitarian enough , in this regard , to not simply impose this requirement of uncut hair , and bun , on women alone , the way that Conservative Holiness churches do , for instance .  

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Marmion said:

In western culture this might be considered effeminate , but in eastern cultures there is a long rich history of hairstyles ranging from the chonmage  , to the sikha  , and even the joora .  All I will say about the last example is that at least they are egalitarian enough , in this regard , to not simply impose this requirement of uncut hair , and bun , on women alone , the way that Conservative Holiness churches do , for instance .  

Actually, a lot of very conservative churches believe that men should have long hair and long beards. Many of the sects of the Reformed doctrine believe that, and Reformed Christians tend to be very conservative. I'm not arguing for Yogioabs, he sucks, but I did want to clear that up.

• Upvote 1

In her latest video about "how we thrive on one income," she states that she has not worked in an "official" capacity for two years, and that until recently, her blog/youtube channel had not been bringing in any money. So she's definitely representing herself as living off one income. 

• Thank You 4

14 hours ago, savannahhmarie said:

YogiOAbs continues to go after Jaclyn Glenn in defense of Mrs. Midwest, now on his blog. 

https://yogioabs.com/2019/10/06/why-feminists-hate-housewives/

I'm frustrated by the title alone. FEMINISM IS NOT THE OPPOSITE OF STAYING-AT-HOME. Feminism is about the choice to do so (or to do anything else) being voluntary. There's no "hate" here.

When people see the world as a competition, they literally can't compute any other framework. I had a similar argument with some people who were shaming mothers who bottle feed. I asked them to please not shame and said that we're all doing our best in our individual circumstances, can't we just support each other? They were like, Aha! So you're against breastfeeding! And I explained, nope, I think it's great, but I don't think it's the only way. And they were like, right--you hate it. IT WAS MADNESS.

And that's what this pretend "argument" is. Feminism says that women don't HAVE TO be housewives. Defensive conflict-sowers say, Aha! You hate housewives! And feminism is just like, what? WHY DO YOU THINK THAT? That's not what I said!!

The answer is that they think that because their eyes only see conflict. If you're not for them (meaning supporting them as the ONLY way, not as just one good way), then you're against them. That's it. That's all they have. Someone has to win, and if they're not winning they're losing. So suggesting that IT'S NOT A COMPETITION takes away their win, as much as (in their minds) if you've said the other way is better (which feminism hasn't). And they see it as hate.

I do hate: I hate extremism.

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m a liberal, college educated, feminist, SAHM of 7 years. 

So do I hate myself? 

I never know if I count as stay-at-home or not because I had at-home, part-time work while homeschooling my kids. Am I the good guy or the bad guy here?? I JUST DON'T KNOW!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

20 hours ago, Petronella said:

I had a similar argument with some people who were shaming mothers who bottle feed. I asked them to please not shame and said that we're all doing our best in our individual circumstances, can't we just support each other? They were like, Aha! So you're against breastfeeding! And I explained, nope, I think it's great, but I don't think it's the only way. And they were like, right--you hate it. IT WAS MADNESS.

My husband sent me this the other day:

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1568447004146.jpg.a92ddafbaf287bc4e9f2cad0dcb55de1.jpg

I'm glad you escaped unsinged. :fire-nanner:

• Haha 15

So her newest video is on a "Ladylike Manner of Speaking". I tried so hard to make it through, but just couldn't. I got to the "Don't use filler words such as Like or Um". Her example is that no one will take a woman seriously if she uses "Like", and to prove this point puts on a VERY VAPID valley girl-esque voice, while ordering a drink. Then her "after" voice is very calm, composed, and not using like. The reason no one will take the first seriously is not the use of LIKE, Caitlin, C'mon. What a piss poor example. 

Also- does she know that people don't take others who put on a fake affect seriously? Weird laugh/sigh combos are very childish and weird. Again- lookin' at you, Cait. 

eta: sorry this is a jumble of a post. it's just hard to express the annoyance in clear terms hahaha

Edited by kaluce
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, kaluce said:

So her newest video is on a "Ladylike Manner of Speaking". I tried so hard to make it through, but just couldn't. I got to the "Don't use filler words such as Like or Um". Her example is that no one will take a woman seriously if she uses "Like", and to prove this point puts on a VERY VAPID valley girl-esque voice, while ordering a drink. Then her "after" voice is very calm, composed, and not using like. The reason no one will take the first seriously is not the use of LIKE, Caitlin, C'mon. What a piss poor example. 

Also- does she know that people don't take others who put on a fake affect seriously? Weird laugh/sigh combos are very childish and weird. Again- lookin' at you, Cait. 

eta: sorry this is a jumble of a post. it's just hard to express the annoyance in clear terms hahaha

This resembles this video I watched , from an English teacher .  Only she was commenting on how to sound intelligent , rather than how to sound ladylike .   

20 hours ago, kaluce said:

Wait, does she try to say we should laugh and sigh to be ladylike? Because ew.

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wait, does she try to say we should laugh and sigh to be ladylike? Because ew.

Reveal hidden contents

Nooo! She just rails against speech that makes you sound "dumb" but then does a lot of those fake ass laughs, which sound... ya know, dumb lolol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, kaluce said:

Nooo! She just rails against speech that makes you sound "dumb" but then does a lot of those fake ass laughs, which sound... ya know, dumb lolol

Ahh, gotcha. Wish she'd take her own advice.

• Upvote 1

I also noticed she follows Anna Bey on School of Affluence. I notice she likes her Instagram posts, so she probably follows her on YouTube also. It's interesting, because Anna teaches young women how be more elegant to find rich men in order to live an affluent jetsetter life. Mrs. Midwest is already married and settled with a  middle class guy. Does she secretly have different plans? Lol.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, savannahhmarie said:

I also noticed she follows Anna Bey on School of Affluence. I notice she likes her Instagram posts, so she probably follows her on YouTube also. It's interesting, because Anna teaches young women how be more elegant to find rich men in order to live an affluent jetsetter life. Mrs. Midwest is already married and settled with a  middle class guy. Does she secretly have different plans? Lol.

I think she just views men as money bags (and only went to college for an MRS degree), and is probably stealing tips to use in her own channel. Is School of Affluence as red-pilled as MrsMidwest is? 

• Upvote 3

The thing is, I would never begrudge anyone who had a focus on becoming rich. I understand having a lot of money is great. However the idea of trying to marry rich is just so unpredictable. You have so little control, yet I’m sure this Anna Bey person is convincing women that they do actually have a lot of control in it. It seems so risky with little hope for any of it to pan out. It’s like playing the lottery. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic